PDA

View Full Version : Dueteronomy 22:13-21

mrveggieman
05-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I have been turned off to P&R due to a lot of the racial and political bias that I have seen and been subject to on here. Most of the time it leans towards one particular side and if you do not support a particular viewpoint you are subject to mocking and ridicule. I felt that I could not have a fair and even debate and that my opinions were not appreciated so I decided it was best to leave but that is neither here or there. I saw this posted on facebook and couldn't resist posting here. Basically it is saying that when woman marries a man she should be a virgin otherwise the groom can complain to the town elders and have his wife stoned to death. So per that logic not only will gay marriages be unacceptable but so will most straight marriages because how many people are actually virgins when they get married. Also for the record even though I don't believe in homosexuality and think that God does not like it, not everyone shares the same religious viewpoints therefore gay couples should have the same marrital benefits as well as pitfalls that straight people do.

JustAlex
05-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Basically it is saying that when woman marries a man she should be a virgin otherwise the groom can complain to the town elders and have his wife stoned to death.

The OT is filled with horrible, uncivilized actions towards humans.

It endorses slavery.

It endorses genocide.

It endorses infanticide.

It endorses Human sacrifice.

It says that a man should be stoned to death if he works on the sabbath.

It says that if your child misbehaves, you have the option to kill him/her.

I could go on....but I think you get the point.

So per that logic not only will gay marriages be unacceptable but so will most straight marriages because how many people are actually virgins when they get married.

VERY LITTLE!

And it doesn't make sense that christians believe that gay marriage would "taint" the sanctity of marriage, but they're basically allowed to do all kinds of "immoral" things (according to the bible) such as have pre-marital sex, divorce, and commit adultery.

Gay marriage WILL be legal one day in all of the U.S, I just hope I'm still alive to see it....it will be a great day for equality.

MadMan1978
05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I think marriage in General is unacceptable

Star_Cards
05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I have been turned off to P&R due to a lot of the racial and political bias that I have seen and been subject to on here. Most of the time it leans towards one particular side and if you do not support a particular viewpoint you are subject to mocking ridicule. I felt that I could not have a fair and even debate and that my opinions were not appreciated so I decided it was best to leave but that is neither here or there. I saw this posted on facebook and couldn't resist posting here. Basically it is saying that when woman marries a man she should be a virgin otherwise the groom can complain to the town elders and have his wife stoned to death. So per that logic not only will gay marriages be unacceptable but so will most straight marriages because how many people are actually virgins when they get married. Also for the record even though I don't believe in homosexuality and think that God does not like it, not everyone shares the same religious viewpoints therefore gay couples should have the same marrital benefits as well as pitfalls that straight people do.

well, I hope you reconsider your hiatus and return at some point.

As for the main part of your post... it actually hits home on a discussion about gay marriage those past week here. People talking about gender roles and the definition of marriage fail to see that even within heterosexual marriage the term has always changed throughout time. Same sex marriage wouldn't be the time throughout the ever just the last 4-5 decades that the definition of marriage hasn't been altered due to more tolerant times. Marriage isn't really as "sacred" as a lot of people like to say.

shrewsbury
05-19-2012, 11:58 AM
so you guys are back to the OT, yeah, look at the jews and muslims, woman oppression at its best. so gay marriage in the jewish or muslim communities is not going to happen, you can be killed.

christians live by the NT not the OT, this is why you do not see this crap with most christians, well atleast christians like me.

JustAlex
05-19-2012, 02:49 PM
so you guys are back to the OT, yeah, look at the jews and muslims, woman oppression at its best. so gay marriage in the jewish or muslim communities is not going to happen, you can be killed.

christians live by the NT not the OT, this is why you do not see this crap with most christians, well atleast christians like me.

You know what....for the first time, I think I'm going to give you some credit and say you are (mostly) right.

(American) Christians ARE more civilized than Muslims....I agree.

HOWEVER, you guys still cherry pick the bible!

Christians will say that the OT should NOT be the way we live life, and yet here they are discriminating against gays....WHY?

If the whole nonsense of hating gays was an "old time rule" why do christians STILL hate them today (I'm not saying every christian hates gays, but a sizable number DOES).

And that's not the only thing they cherry pick!

They also do it for "The ten commandments".

SORRY, but those rules DO NOT apply towards modern times.

Here are the Ten Commandments:

http://sewhttkr.home.comcast.net/~sewhttkr/bibleWS/bibleWS/29_commandments2.gif

OK...so why is this thing on our courthouses?!?!?!

Only 2 commandments are actually real laws (Do not steal and murder).

THAT'S IT!!!

The other commandments are NOT laws and ANYONE can break them at any time with ZERO consequences.

shrewsbury
05-19-2012, 05:46 PM
poeple hate all kinds of stuff and look for a reason to explain their hatred and it is easier to blame someone else or a book than it is to face yourself

the bible was cherry picked into the book it is today and the old testament is the old covenant, christianity is strictly about jesus, nothing else really matters