PDA

View Full Version : Pastors anti-gay rant yahoo news article

theonedru
05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
The scary thing is how many Americans agree with him and others like him

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pastor-delivers-anti-gay-rant-suggests-building-electric-142753831.html

Concentration camps for homosexuals what novel idea, why. It absolutely sickens me that anyone could think like this. And the truly horrific things in this article..

" Worley's comments—while shocking—are sadly not uncommon for pastors in North Carolina, "

PASTOR RON BAITY
founding pastor of Winston-Salem's Berean Baptist Church and leader of Return America, said gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people should be prosecuted.

PASTOR SEAN HARRIS
of the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville instructed parents to use force if their kids start acting gay

The fact this happens this day in age is so disturbing, and it shows how much we have not learned from history and are so willing to repeat it.

mrveggieman
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
That's really stupid of him to even suggest that gays go to concentration camps. How can they even round up all the homosexuals? Are people really going to come out and say "hey I'm gay round me up and lock me in some concentration camp." Why don't we do one better and lock away all the hate mongers without food and water until they die out.

JustAlex
05-22-2012, 04:09 PM
I saw the video yesterday, and I almost made a thread about it....

But I think everyone knows how I feel about this subject.

Suffice to say.....I'm not shocked.

ensbergcollector
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Sickening comments that the overwhelming majority of christians would be disgusted by.

Star_Cards
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
haven't watched the video yet, but what a whacko. why would anyone think homosexuals need to be rounded up? the sad part is this guys is a "leader" of his church and has influence over people. scary stuff.

pghin08
05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Sickening comments that the overwhelming majority of christians would be disgusted by.

I would hope like 99.9% of them.

AUTaxMan
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
The scary thing is how many Americans agree with him and others like him.

Just out of curiosity, how many agree?

shrewsbury
05-22-2012, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]"I figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers," Worley told churchgoers on May 13. "Build a great big large fence—50 or 100 mile long—put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out. And you know what, in a few years, they'll die out. Do you know why? They can't reproduce!"[QUOTE]

this is near comical. how could anyone really even think, much less say, anything so friggin stupid?

anyone offended by it, well, is kind of silly. this guy is beyond dumb, and his words, well, ever more stupider (like that?)

theonedru
05-22-2012, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE]"I figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers," Worley told churchgoers on May 13. "Build a great big large fence—50 or 100 mile long—put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out. And you know what, in a few years, they'll die out. Do you know why? They can't reproduce!"[QUOTE]

this is near comical. how could anyone really even think, much less say, anything so friggin stupid?

anyone offended by it, well, is kind of silly. this guy is beyond dumb, and his words, well, ever more stupider (like that?)

The scary thing is all the horrific things that happened throughout history started with one mans ideals and a few followers...

theonedru
05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many agree?

Hitler started with an idea one sympathetic ear and look what happened

theonedru
05-23-2012, 12:01 AM
its really disturbing

http://news.yahoo.com/black-pastors-bash-naacp-endorsing-gay-marriage-201708256.html

JustAlex
05-23-2012, 12:40 AM
its really disturbing

http://news.yahoo.com/black-pastors-bash-naacp-endorsing-gay-marriage-201708256.html

Yes it is....

But it's not shocking, this is what religion does to people.

ensbergcollector
05-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Yes it is....

But it's not shocking, this is what religion does to people.

just love chances to bash religion don't you?

JustAlex
05-23-2012, 12:49 AM
just love chances to bash religion don't you?

Yeah Ok...

In the past 2 weeks or so we have seen a wave of anti-gay statements from various pastors, funny enough many from North Carolina who coincidentally enough passed that ridiculous bill condemning gay marriage.

It wasn't enough to pass a bill saying you are vehemently against gays and their lifestyle, then you have religious leaders wanting to BEAT their gay children and round up gays into camps.

Wait....who's the one bashing?

ensbergcollector
05-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah Ok...

In the past 2 weeks or so we have seen a wave of anti-gay statements from various pastors, funny enough many from North Carolina who coincidentally enough passed that ridiculous bill condemning gay marriage.

It wasn't enough to pass a bill saying you are vehemently against gays and their lifestyle, then you have religious leaders wanting to BEAT their gay children and round up gays into camps.

Wait....who's the one bashing?

nope, still you.

you don't keep your comments to the idiotic preachers, you always turn it into a sweeping generalization about religion and religious people.

theonedru
05-23-2012, 01:02 AM
nope, still you.

you don't keep your comments to the idiotic preachers, you always turn it into a sweeping generalization about religion and religious people.

I have to agree not all religious people are horrible, I know a few religious figures that could care less about someones sexuality. Its the homophobic or racist or whatever religious figures that makes the news that jilt religion. What scares me are these homophobes that use their power for evil purposes, they are not true to the claims of Christ and are hardly followers.

JustAlex
05-23-2012, 01:25 AM

Well, if the preachers are as idiotic as you say they are, how bad do you think the congregation is when all they're saying is "AMEN" while this madman is talking about exterminating gays.

I would've walked out!

BTW, just so you know, MY ENTIRE FAMILY is still christian, except for me.

pghin08
05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes it is....

But it's not shocking, this is what religion does to some people.

Fixed it!

shrewsbury
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM

with 1/3 of the population being christian, this is just a very, very select few idiots.

and did you even listen to or read the whole sermon by the preacher who wants people to "beat" their kids? i will guess not, because that is not what was said (though he is an idiot)

JustAlex
05-23-2012, 03:05 PM
with 1/3 of the population being christian, this is just a very, very select few idiots.

and did you even listen to or read the whole sermon by the preacher who wants people to "beat" their kids? i will guess not, because that is not what was said (though he is an idiot)

1/3???

Surely you don't mean the U.S population!

The U.S is at least 75 - 80% Christian....and funny enough they still believe they're the ones being persecuted.

They have ALL the power, and ALL the influence.

Some of you don't seem to grasp just how bad this issue really is.

Sure, you will day "it's only a select few" that think this way....

How do we know that?

These are the ones that were stupid enough to spill it out while being filmed, imagine all the other ones that are not being filmed.

Case in point....back when I still went to church (about 4-5 years ago) my pastor would occasionally talk about Homosexuals.

To his credit he never said all the horrible things that these NC pastors have been saying, however he would talk about how gay men want to lure straight men into being gay as well, he would say gays are being possessed by demons and they're doing the work of Satan.

And just like the congregation on the video....everyone would shout "AMEN".

Looking back at it, it truly scares me to remember I used to believe these things.

Reason and Logic FTW!

ensbergcollector
05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
1/3???

Surely you don't mean the U.S population!

The U.S is at least 75 - 80% Christian....and funny enough they still believe they're the ones being persecuted.

They have ALL the power, and ALL the influence.

Some of you don't seem to grasp just how bad this issue really is.

Sure, you will day "it's only a select few" that think this way....

How do we know that?

These are the ones that were stupid enough to spill it out while being filmed, imagine all the other ones that are not being filmed.

Case in point....back when I still went to church (about 4-5 years ago) my pastor would occasionally talk about Homosexuals.

To his credit he never said all the horrible things that these NC pastors have been saying, however he would talk about how gay men want to lure straight men into being gay as well, he would say gays are being possessed by demons and they're doing the work of Satan.

And just like the congregation on the video....everyone would shout "AMEN".

Looking back at it, it truly scares me to remember I used to believe these things.

Reason and Logic FTW!

you seem perfectly comfortable claiming large percentages feel this way, how do you know that? i have been working for churches for the last 12 years and i have never heard anyone, preacher or congregant, makes comments like this. so that is why i feel comfortable claiming it is a small percentage that feels this way.

themanishere
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM

I think this is a big point. Hardly ever are these things caught on camera/online/etc. When they are, the people who said them are categorized as extremists.

But who can say that others don't "think" these things? I would venture to say many, many more people do than those who admit it or let it slip. I'm not necessarily speaking to just the issue in this topic, but in general. Self-censorship has given way to politically correct commentary, which has shortchanged the progression of (negative) implicit attitudes people hold.

pghin08
05-23-2012, 03:57 PM
I think this is a big point. Hardly ever are these things caught on camera/online/etc. When they are, the people who said them are categorized as extremists.

But who can say that others don't "think" these things? I would venture to say many, many more people do than those who admit it or let it slip. I'm not necessarily speaking to just the issue in this topic, but in general. Self-censorship has given way to politically correct commentary, which has shortchanged the progression of (negative) implicit attitudes people hold.

Post of the century.

JustAlex
05-23-2012, 04:33 PM
you seem perfectly comfortable claiming large percentages feel this way, how do you know that? i have been working for churches for the last 12 years and i have never heard anyone, preacher or congregant, makes comments like this. so that is why i feel comfortable claiming it is a small percentage that feels this way.

Nope, I never said "large percentages feel this way".

However, Christians are the ones that preach against gay marriage than any other group.

Remember that Christians not only think that gay marriage is wrong, they also believe that the ACT of homosexuality is wrong, immoral, and against god.

This is why they do "Ex-gay ministries"

Also, just look at the damage from these things:

IfWBHWQdcTk

sjA0yqheKcs

ViaMczTmrkA

Basically, the ministries of "Ex-gay" does psychological warfare to the patients and tells them there is something wrong with them and they have to change.

OH, and BTW, these "Ex-gay ministries" are all over the country.

So....is this still an "isolated" event with "very few" christiana that think this way?

I think not!

pghin08
05-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Nope, I never said "large percentages feel this way".

However, Christians are the ones that preach against gay marriage than any other group.

Remember that Christians not only think that gay marriage is wrong, they also believe that the ACT of homosexuality is wrong, immoral, and against god.

This is why they do "Ex-gay ministries"

Also, just look at the damage from these things:

IfWBHWQdcTk

sjA0yqheKcs

ViaMczTmrkA

Basically, the ministries of "Ex-gay" does psychological warfare to the patients and tells them there is something wrong with them and they have to change.

OH, and BTW, these "Ex-gay ministries" are all over the country.

So....is this still an "isolated" event with "very few" christiana that think this way?

I think not!

I agree on some level, that a large percentage of Christians feel that homosexuality is immoral. But I don't think a large percentage of Christians actively want to isolate or kill gay people.

shrewsbury
05-23-2012, 06:23 PM
considering i am getting ready to pack and spend 4 days camping in a small cabin with my wife, another hetero couple(3 of us are christian) and 2 gay couples, i would say that all christians are not anti-gay at all.

JustAlex
05-26-2012, 03:46 PM
So....some of the members of the congregation have spoken out about this issue.

Surprise, surprise.....they fully defend the pastor and his INSANE and DANGEROUS ideology:

5X7NzUHDMCE

MadMan1978
05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/s320x320/48094_469203876439008_1594081062_n.jpg

Just worth reading

shrewsbury
05-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Hitler started with an idea one sympathetic ear and look what happened

hardly, look into the life and rise of hitler

he only had influence when he had armed forces backing him

theonedru
05-28-2012, 09:16 PM
hardly, look into the life and rise of hitler

he only had influence when he had armed forces backing him

It still started with a single idea, everything does....

habsheaven
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Just saw a report stating that the Pastor got a standing ovation by the congregation yesterday. I would just shudder if I was in the company of a group of people like that. That is truly scary stuff.

shrewsbury
05-28-2012, 09:35 PM
It still started with a single idea, everything does....

yes it does, everything good or bad in everything

JustAlex
05-28-2012, 10:19 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/s320x320/48094_469203876439008_1594081062_n.jpg

Just worth reading

Careful!

Certain people on here might accuse you of being "arrogant" for pointing out the truth of the majority of Christianity!

MadMan1978
05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
They have called me worse

hawk2618
05-28-2012, 11:25 PM
I didn't see anything christianity about the comic...were you being funny Alex??