PDA

View Full Version : Gay Bar Bans Straight Bachelorette Parties

duane1969
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
So much for the idea that only straight, white, Christian males can be discrimiatory.

Ultimately, just like bars that only cater to straights or gun shops that refuse to sell to blacks or foreigners, they are just hurting themselves. Tick off enough brides-to-be and pretty soon they won't come through the doors at all. Any business that willingly and intentionally reduces it's customer base is being run by idiots.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11877762-flaunting-it-gay-bar-bans-straight-bachelorette-parties?lite

habsheaven
05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree.

pghin08
05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
So much for the idea that only straight, white, Christian males can be discrimiatory.

Ultimately, just like bars that only cater to straights or gun shops that refuse to sell to blacks or foreigners, they are just hurting themselves. Tick off enough brides-to-be and pretty soon they won't come through the doors at all. Any business that willingly and intentionally reduces it's customer base is being run by idiots.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11877762-flaunting-it-gay-bar-bans-straight-bachelorette-parties?lite

Pretty much. If I owned a business, I'd hold the door open for everybody.

AUTaxMan
05-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Agreed. Let the marketplace police intolerance and discrimination.

JustAlex
05-25-2012, 04:51 PM

I'm not sure anyone has made that claim, so I don't know where it's coming from.

Blacks, Hispanics, in fact ANY race can be discriminatory...

Pretty much. If I owned a business, I'd hold the door open for everybody.

yep.

If they want to exclude people, that's just bad business sense....oh well.

MadMan1978
05-28-2012, 09:28 AM
I would gather to say...if the article was about a gun shop not wanting to sell to African American I am sure it wouldnt have been posted nor would have the article been written.

duane1969
05-28-2012, 03:20 PM
I would gather to say...if the article was about a gun shop not wanting to sell to African American I am sure it wouldnt have been posted nor would have the article been written.

Just so that I am sure I understand what you are saying...You think that if a gun shop refused to sell to a black person that it would not be news and it would not be a subject of discussion here?

MadMan1978
05-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Just so that I am sure I understand what you are saying...You think that if a gun shop refused to sell to a black person that it would not be news and it would not be a subject of discussion here?

depending on what region yes

If it happened here in Mass it would be front page

if it was in Mississippi no it wouldnt

duane1969
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
depending on what region yes

If it happened here in Mass it would be front page

if it was in Mississippi no it wouldnt

I think it would be moreso about whether or not the person complained. Mainstream media would run with it if they got ahold of it.

hawk2618
05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
[quote=JustAlex;11562452]I'm not sure anyone has made that claim, so I don't know where it's coming from.

I think what Duane meant was:
So much for the idea that only straight, white, Christian males can be discrimiatory and make the headlines.

shrewsbury
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
so a gun shop can not sell to blacks?? i have never heard of this and they would not have my business!

JustAlex
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
So much for the idea that only straight, white, Christian males can be discrimiatory and make the headlines.

OK, fair enough.

mrveggieman
05-29-2012, 10:19 AM
so a gun shop can not sell to blacks?? i have never heard of this and they would not have my business!

There are gun shops and instructers who openly discriminate on who the sell to:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/10/texas-gun-store-refuses-sell-guns-muslims-liberals-non-arab-christians

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/31/crockett-keller-texas-gun-liberals-muslims_n_1064184.html

Also if you are a woman why would you want to dance around with a bunch of gay men anyway?

Star_Cards
05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
this is completely stupid from a business stand point. I've only been to a gay bar a few times but straight girls (at least the ones I know) enjoy going to them because they don't have to worry about straight guys approaching them and being odd or awkward. Usually girls in a bachelorette situation just want to go and hang with the girls and not have to worry about creepy guys hitting on them over and over.

I guess a bar has the right to restrict bachelorette parties, not sure. Even if they did it's a dumb decision. If I had a bar I'd want the business although I could see that maybe some patrons could be annoyed by bachelorette parties. From my experience, most homosexual men get along very well with straight girls... at least in my circle that is true although I do know it's a typical stereotype as well.

shrewsbury
05-29-2012, 10:38 AM
that guy looks like he may be in trouble, which is a good thing!

Star_Cards
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Also if you are a woman why would you want to dance around with a bunch of gay men anyway?

a lot of women are more comfortable around gay men than straight men because they feel as if they are not trying to get them in bed. gay bars are places women can go and not have to deal with the typical creeper guy that can't read a women's body language the first time he approaches her and keeps coming back to annoy her.

mrveggieman
05-29-2012, 11:09 AM
a lot of women are more comfortable around gay men than straight men because they feel as if they are not trying to get them in bed. gay bars are places women can go and not have to deal with the typical creeper guy that can't read a women's body language the first time he approaches her and keeps coming back to annoy her.

I actually went to a gay bay minus the strippers and still was able to talk to women and get their phone numbers. Most of the gay people there were hating. I guess it was kind of like if a gay person went to a straight club. However my thing is as long as no one is making you uncomfortable if you are at a club you should worry about getting your party on and not about who someone else is trying to talk to.

Star_Cards
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I actually went to a gay bay minus the strippers and still was able to talk to women and get their phone numbers. Most of the gay people there were hating. I guess it was kind of like if a gay person went to a straight club. However my thing is as long as no one is making you uncomfortable if you are at a club you should worry about getting your party on and not about who someone else is trying to talk to.

most gay bars don't have strippers. :)

don't get me wrong, most girls I know are fine at regular bars, but usually when I go out there's typically some creeper guy that one of my friends has to deal with a few times. It's not the norm, but those types are less likely to go to a gay bar/club.

duane1969
05-30-2012, 11:36 AM

This is off-topic, but this concept kills me.

A female gets dressed up, short skirt, low cut top, 6 inch heels, hair done up, make-up perfect...just looking amazing. She then goes to a bar where most people, both male and female, are single and looking...and she expects to be left alone and not hit on. :frusty:

duane1969
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
[quote=JustAlex;11562452]I'm not sure anyone has made that claim, so I don't know where it's coming from.

Yup, that is what I meant. For the most part, mainstream media only focuses on discriminatory acts by straight or white people. It is EXTREMELY rare that the media will do a story on a gay or minority being discriminatory.

Star_Cards
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
This is off-topic, but this concept kills me.

A female gets dressed up, short skirt, low cut top, 6 inch heels, hair done up, make-up perfect...just looking amazing. She then goes to a bar where most people, both male and female, are single and looking...and she expects to be left alone and not hit on. :frusty:

well, I don't think this is an absolute rule when single girls go out. It does seem that when girls are in bachelorette parties they are less receptive to men's advances on them. They are typically in a different state of mind than looking for men. Also, it's not to say that they are anti straight men talking to them or even hitting on them, but more the stereotypical creeper men. We've all seen those guys out freaking out girls.

mrveggieman
05-30-2012, 04:23 PM
well, I don't think this is an absolute rule when single girls go out. It does seem that when girls are in bachelorette parties they are less receptive to men's advances on them. They are typically in a different state of mind than looking for men. Also, it's not to say that they are anti straight men talking to them or even hitting on them, but more the stereotypical creeper men. We've all seen those guys out freaking out girls.

That can happen anywhere, from the grocery store, gas station, post office or anywhere. If you are going out to any club where alcohol is served and people are getting their party on I still can't get why anyone would be shocked or offended that someone would try to push up on them. If they are that offended by someone trying to talk to them then mabey they should stay home and never leave their house again.