PDA

View Full Version : Selling on ebay tips...

DolphinsCollector22
06-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Just cant seem to get the price I want for some of my cards when I place them on ebay. Any tips?

Joncamburn
06-02-2012, 11:26 PM
are they going for less than similar or the same cards are going for? what time are your auctions ending and on what days?

DolphinsCollector22
06-02-2012, 11:28 PM
are they going for less than similar or the same cards are going for? what time are your auctions ending and on what days?

I usually do 24 hour auctions ending between 5-9 PM. I'm not getting any bids at all on some cards that go for higher.

Joncamburn
06-03-2012, 12:31 AM
you need to have them on longer than just 24 hours, that your main thing. go 5-7 days and have them around 9 to 10 eastern time.

2FarGone
06-03-2012, 10:12 AM
You actually may consider having your auctions end much later remember west coast is 3 hours behind east coast.When I do auctions I end them at 3am PST.You can schedule start time and ending times as well

Good Ole Jim
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
You actually may consider having your auctions end much later remember west coast is 3 hours behind east coast.When I do auctions I end them at 3am PST.You can schedule start time and ending times as well

This is very good advice. Not only this, but I've noticed a huge portion of my buyers are from the west coast.

You may also want to make a strategy depending on the card. If I have a autographed Patrick Willis, I know that this card would attract attention from the west coast, so I set it to be convenient for west coast bidders, by making end times around when I think west coast buyers will be most active.

Hope this helps!