PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a moderate conservative?

OnePimpTiger
06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Obama is Right Center at best....it's a joke to call him a liberal.

I know I should just ignore the noise...but this one I can't.

So, do you agree?

JustAlex
06-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Go ahead and pose the question.

Any objective member on here can plainly see that Obama's record speaks for itself.

He is NOT a liberal or even in the "left", Right Center to Moderate is where he's been in the entirety of his first term.

duane1969
06-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Go ahead and pose the question.

Any objective member on here can plainly see that Obama's record speaks for itself.

He is NOT a liberal or even in the "left", Right Center to Moderate is where he's been in the entirety of his first term.

So you admit that you are not objective? I ask because anybody who knows politics would know that things like repealing DADT and saying that gays should be able to marry are not things that even a right leaning moderate would do.

The simple reality is that for the most part Obama is a political wet noodle that rarely takes a strong position on anything and when he does it is almost always a concensus that it was the wrong time or the wrong position.

JustAlex
06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
So you admit that you are not objective? I ask because anybody who knows politics would know that things like repealing DADT and saying that gays should be able to marry are not things that even a right leaning moderate would do.

Saying gays should be able to marry =/= actually making it into law.

He still says that it should be left to the states rather than make it into a federal law.

The simple reality is that for the most part Obama is a political wet noodle that rarely takes a strong position on anything and when he does it is almost always a concensus that it was the wrong time or the wrong position.

Correct!

And thus he is NOT a liberal or even in the "left".

He's upheld most of the Bush policies such as the Bush Tax cuts and the Patriot Act, wiretapping, and he didn't close Guantanamo Bay the way he promised.

ObamaCare was a huge Failure.....ONLY because it didn't go far enough, we wanted a PUBLIC OPTION!

And Obama did NOTHING to punish the people responsible for the recession and for that matter he also should have gone after the all the war criminals such as Cheney!

Oh and he continues to warmonger, any REAL liberal would have ended ALL wars, they are utterly useless, NOT protecting us, and costing us a FORTUNE!

A real Liberal would not have CAVED to the GOP the way Obama did time after time!

A real Liberal would have ALLOWED the Bust Tax cuts to expire!

A REAL liberal would NEVER have signed the NDAA!

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I kind of think he is moderate. Any good politician has to be moderate. If they lean too far right or left they will begin to lose their credibility if they had any to start with.