PDA

View Full Version : A question for all bible thumping christians...

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Here are a few questions for those of you who call yourself christian.. and use those beliefs to show intolerance to homosexuals (or anyone else)...

1) do you have a tattoo?

2) ever had a shrimp, crab, or lobster dinner?

3) ever worn a condom during sex?

4) ever worn or used genuine leather of any form?

I could go on here... but the jist of this covers 99.999% of you...

well guess what Christians.. you are just as sinful, if not more so, than the homosexuals you hate, liberals you attack, and people you generally do not agree with.

Here is a list of other things the book of Leviticus says...

http://www.11points.com/books/11_things_the_bible_bans,_but_you_do_anyway

btw.. no where did jesus ever speak of homosexuality.. and no where in the new testament is it ever brought up. Leviticus has and always will be the only "laws" the condemn these things... enlighten yourselves.

OnePimpTiger
06-07-2012, 10:06 PM
and no where in the new testament is it ever brought up. Leviticus has and always will be the only "laws" the condemn these things... enlighten yourselves.

Really? Because even anti-Bible websites seem to think so:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gay/long.htm

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Really? Because even anti-Bible websites seem to think so:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gay/long.htm

I believe revelations is the ONLY book on that list actually in the new testament (and I may even be wrong about that lol)... according to your link it doesn't even say that.. as they put it "Dogs [homosexuals?], sorcerers, ™™™™™mongers, idolaters" and along with anyone who ever told a lie will not enter the heavenly city

the rest of that is just like that quote... misused quotes for your own personal hate.. I despise people who do this.

JustAlex
06-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Inb4 Christians start saying that the OT is "useless", but they still get to cherry pick which laws they like and which laws they can ignore.

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Inb4 Christians start saying that the OT is "useless", but they still get to cherry pick which laws they like and which laws they can ignore.

that usually is their excuse yes.. only the parts they "choose" to follow in the old testament are valid.. this might be dumber than the argument that Jesus and god were in fact the same person lol

ensbergcollector
06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
when your thread title is aggressive don't expect people to come in and have an actual conversation. you don't actually want a conversation, you found a nifty anti-christian website and thought you would post here and be antagonistic about it.

for the record, 1 timothy chapter one discusses homosexuality. everyone likes throwing it out there that it is no different then the levitical laws but it is.

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 11:55 PM
when your thread title is aggressive don't expect people to come in and have an actual conversation. you don't actually want a conversation, you found a nifty anti-christian website and thought you would post here and be antagonistic about it.

for the record, 1 timothy chapter one discusses homosexuality. everyone likes throwing it out there that it is no different then the levitical laws but it is.

is timothy a book from the old or new testament? And my thread title was "aggressive" on purpose.. I enjoy the back and forth of religious debates.. always have.

on a side note that wasn't a "nifty anti christian website".. I googled "Leviticus" and it was the first thing that popped up lol.. I wanted direct quotes and that site provided them. I don't care about their bias.. I cared about direct quotes.

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 12:02 AM
is timothy a book from the old or new testament? And my thread title was "aggressive" on purpose.. I enjoy the back and forth of religious debates.. always have.

on a side note that wasn't a "nifty anti christian website".. I googled "Leviticus" and it was the first thing that popped up lol.. I wanted direct quotes and that site provided them. I don't care about their bias.. I cared about direct quotes.

timothy is in the new testament and has nothing to do with leviticus.

you don't enjoy back and forth. you enjoy attacking. Care to define bible thumping for me?

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 12:03 AM
timothy is in the new testament and has nothing to do with leviticus.

you don't enjoy back and forth. you enjoy attacking. Care to define bible thumping for me?

people who will look you in the face and tell you "you will burn in hell if you do not accept the truth of jesus christ"... (IE Tim Tebow, who did this on video)

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 12:08 AM
people who will look you in the face and tell you "you will burn in hell if you do not accept the truth of jesus christ"... (IE Tim Tebow, who did this on video)

just a question, why are you offended by someone saying you will go somewhere that you don't believe exists? i have never understood that.

according to islam, i have bad things in store for me since i do not accept muhammed. i have never once been bothered by that.

also, feel free to comment on the fact that the new testament does speak of homosexuality as well. it isn't just an antiquated levitical law which would be convenient for your debate.

Jazzer540
06-08-2012, 01:02 AM
where and who do you get your ideas about who "christians" are. You lump everyone together-which is the most ignorant thing ANYONE can do... and actually IGNORANCE and Racism to the highest mark!!! You say "the homosexuals we hate" and "the liberals we attack." How do you go around thinking that EVERY christian goes around attacking people and hating people and trying to tell everyone they are wrong. That is a very sheltered viewpoint!

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 02:55 AM
just a question, why are you offended by someone saying you will go somewhere that you don't believe exists? i have never understood that.

according to islam, i have bad things in store for me since i do not accept muhammed. i have never once been bothered by that.

also, feel free to comment on the fact that the new testament does speak of homosexuality as well. it isn't just an antiquated levitical law which would be convenient for your debate.

first the offended part.. It's not offense per say (I think its stupid).. but for someone to say if I don't think like they do I will burn in a damnation... that does offend me. Imagine if I walked up to you and said "if you don't wear purple tomorrow your pants will come alive and eat you"... ridiculous yes.. but still makes you go "™™™" lol

According to islam anyone that isn't a muslim is an "infidel" I could go on and on about that religions stupidity... christianity is fun enough for now though lol

as for your book of timothy.. I"ve honestly never even heard of it.. you would have to shoot me some links to research.. this would also be the first time in nearly 20 years of studying religion that it would be shown to me.

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 03:39 AM
first the offended part.. It's not offense per say (I think its stupid).. but for someone to say if I don't think like they do I will burn in a damnation... that does offend me. Imagine if I walked up to you and said "if you don't wear purple tomorrow your pants will come alive and eat you"... ridiculous yes.. but still makes you go "™™™" lol

According to islam anyone that isn't a muslim is an "infidel" I could go on and on about that religions stupidity... christianity is fun enough for now though lol

as for your book of timothy.. I"ve honestly never even heard of it.. you would have to shoot me some links to research.. this would also be the first time in nearly 20 years of studying religion that it would be shown to me.

just go to www.biblegateway.com and type in 1 timothy. it isn't like it is an obscure book, it is in every translation and version of the new testament.

bret2
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Why does one spend 20 years studying something they find to be stupid?

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 09:28 AM
funny, we have been through this.

christians believe in jesus as the christ. show me where jesus talks about homosexuals, you should be talking about jews and muslims

tebow is not jesus nor represents all christians

your lack of understanding brings hatred toward something, kind of like a child with the dark, they are scared because they don't know any better

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 09:59 AM
If I could chime in for a second I consider my self an moderate christian. If I could explain I believe that everyone needs to do what they feel is in their heart to get right by God. If it is Islam, Christanity, Judiasm, Budism, it is between the individual and God. None of us have any place condeming anyone else to hell. That is solely up to God. Everyone should be able to worship as he/she sees fit without outside harassment and interference. Also another problem that I have with a lot of Christians that whenever a Muslim does something stupid instead of saying ya'll need to stop you are making it bad for all of us they go into their anti-islam tirade talking about how all muslims are terrorists, the koran is full of lies and hate, etc but last time a checked both the koran and bible were written thousand of years ago by men who have all died, both claim to be the correct word of god, and both of them contain rules that are outdated and considered barbaric by today's standards. You christians laugh at muslims for doing the exact same things that you do. It just dosen't make any sense to me. I love God and all but I hate all religious zealouts and extremists regardless of their religion as much if not more than atheists do.

Star_Cards
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM

this a is great question. I wouldn't say that I'm terribly offended when I hear this from people. Yes I don't believe in hell, but to me it's more about the tone when things like this are said. I typically get the "I'll pray for you" sentiment which I find more of the passive aggressive path. To me there's just a tone of superiority when I hear this. That's what I find offensive. It's usually more about how it's said than the actual words. Plus it is usually said to tell a person that they are less of a person because they don't believe.

I have a very good friend who is very religious and he's approached me about going to church a few times. When he did he was nothing but respectful and there was no tone of superiority at all. I appreciated that. He actually said that he wanted me in heaven with him when we passed rather than focusing on the negative (hell).

Basically I have zero problem with a person thinking I'm going to hell. However, if I'm being respectful of your beliefs then don't tell me that I'm going to hell. That statement is rather disrespectful (although I don't lose any sleep over it if it's said to me). The most ironic thing about it is that I thought christians believed that God was the only one who could judge if you were going to hell or not.

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
this a is great question. I wouldn't say that I'm terribly offended when I hear this from people. Yes I don't believe in hell, but to me it's more about the tone when things like this are said. I typically get the "I'll pray for you" sentiment which I find more of the passive aggressive path. To me there's just a tone of superiority when I hear this. That's what I find offensive. It's usually more about how it's said than the actual words. Plus it is usually said to tell a person that they are less of a person because they don't believe.

I have a very good friend who is very religious and he's approached me about going to church a few times. When he did he was nothing but respectful and there was no tone of superiority at all. I appreciated that. He actually said that he wanted me in heaven with him when we passed rather than focusing on the negative (hell).

Basically I have zero problem with a person thinking I'm going to hell. However, if I'm being respectful of your beliefs then don't tell me that I'm going to hell. That statement is rather disrespectful (although I don't lose any sleep over it if it's said to me). The most ironic thing about it is that I thought christians believed that God was the only one who could judge if you were going to hell or not.

i agree with pretty much everything you said. what upsets me as a christian are when people force me into saying something so they can get upset. I have never and would never tell someone they are going to hell. I don't know them, their heart, etc.

however, this conversation takes place often:

person 1: so do you think non-christians are going to hell when they die?
person 2: I don't judge
person 1: i know but what do you think?
person 2: that is up to God, not me
repeat about 4-5 times
person 1: i know that but what does the bible teach
person 2: the bible says that jesus is the only way to heaven so those who don't believe in him probably won't end up in heaven.
person 1: See!! I told you! You are so judgmental, how can you say that just because i don't live like you that I am going to hell? This is why i hate christians because you all act like this...

star: obviously not referring to you (hopefully that was clear). But there are "anti-christians" (not the same as non-christians) who want to paint christians in a certain light so they steer conversations until they have "proved" their point.

AUTaxMan
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Here are a few questions for those of you who call yourself christian.. and use those beliefs to show intolerance to homosexuals (or anyone else)...

1) do you have a tattoo?

well guess what Christians.. you are just as sinful, if not more so, than the homosexuals you hate, liberals you attack, and people you generally do not agree with.

btw.. no where did jesus ever speak of homosexuality.. and no where in the new testament is it ever brought up. Leviticus has and always will be the only "laws" the condemn these things... enlighten yourselves.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Christians are just like everyone else in this regard. We don't claim to have all the answers, and we don't claim to be perfect. We're just trying to do our best to live up to the teachings of Christ, one day at a time. I fail every single day, but I know that God's grace will always be there for me regardless of what I do.

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 12:26 PM
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Christians are just like everyone else in this regard. We don't claim to have all the answers, and we don't claim to be perfect. We're just trying to do our best to live up to the teachings of Christ, one day at a time. I fail every single day, but I know that God's grace will always be there for me regardless of what I do.

I agree. However the OP is rasing the concern on why is that homosexuality is treated as an unforgivable sin by the church and anything else is granted forgiveness?

AUTaxMan
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree. However the OP is rasing the concern on why is that homosexuality is treated as an unforgivable sin by the church and anything else is granted forgiveness?

Is it treated as an unforgivable sin by the church? Certainly it is treated as a sin by the church, but not an unforgivable one.

Star_Cards
06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
i agree with pretty much everything you said. what upsets me as a christian are when people force me into saying something so they can get upset. I have never and would never tell someone they are going to hell. I don't know them, their heart, etc.

however, this conversation takes place often:

person 1: so do you think non-christians are going to hell when they die?
person 2: I don't judge
person 1: i know but what do you think?
person 2: that is up to God, not me
repeat about 4-5 times
person 1: i know that but what does the bible teach
person 2: the bible says that jesus is the only way to heaven so those who don't believe in him probably won't end up in heaven.
person 1: See!! I told you! You are so judgmental, how can you say that just because i don't live like you that I am going to hell? This is why i hate christians because you all act like this...

star: obviously not referring to you (hopefully that was clear). But there are "anti-christians" (not the same as non-christians) who want to paint christians in a certain light so they steer conversations until they have "proved" their point.

yeah, I get that conversation as well. people are judgemental by nature. everyoe does it to some degree. I also see that even if the religion thinks that only god will judge that one could use the rules of christianity or any other religion to make an educated guess as to if a certain person will or will not go to hell. It's a double edged sword. I think it's all about what the meaning of the discussion is really. It's all in the tone of it really. for me at least.

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM

i will attempt to clarify: for the record, i do not believe homosexuality is an unforgivable sin, i am just clarifying the subject.

the reason homosexuality is treated differently is that someone is choosing to live a life of sin (according to christian doctrine). If I was a degenerative liar, gossip, etc. it would have the same problem. If someone says "i don't care that this is a sin, I am going to indulge in it without guilt or attempt to change" then it becomes hard to say that that person is seeking forgiveness.

i have sins in my life. however, i am constantly trying to turn away from those and not indulge in them. If I make no effort to turn away, and instead embrace those sins, then i don't see christians being very optimistic about my chances of heaven.

boba
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM

1) do you have a tattoo?

The 4 things you posted are now abolished under the new testament, those rules where for the nation of Israel. The reason why Christians are against homosexuality.

Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A6-9&version=NIV#fen-NIV-24595a)] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A6-9&version=NIV#fen-NIV-24596b)] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A6-9&version=NIV#fen-NIV-24597c)] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

There are also other verses. Eventually non chritians will stop using this argument as basic study of the Bible disproves it.

Btw where is this video of Tebow telling people they will burn in hell?

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
i will attempt to clarify: for the record, i do not believe homosexuality is an unforgivable sin, i am just clarifying the subject.

the reason homosexuality is treated differently is that someone is choosing to live a life of sin (according to christian doctrine). If I was a degenerative liar, gossip, etc. it would have the same problem. If someone says "i don't care that this is a sin, I am going to indulge in it without guilt or attempt to change" then it becomes hard to say that that person is seeking forgiveness.

i have sins in my life. however, i am constantly trying to turn away from those and not indulge in them. If I make no effort to turn away, and instead embrace those sins, then i don't see christians being very optimistic about my chances of heaven.

Let me ask you this. Which would be be a greater sin? Let me rephrase that which would the church have a bigger problem with. A gay couple in a commited relation who are going to church but cant get legally married due to state law or some straight guy or girl who just has random sex with whoever they want?

AUTaxMan
06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Let me ask you this. Which would be be a greater sin? Let me rephrase that which would the church have a bigger problem with. A gay couple in a commited relation who are going to church but cant get legally married due to state law or some straight guy or girl who just has random sex with whoever they want?

They are equal sins.

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
They are equal sins.

My point exactly. Why is it then that a lot of churches go on anti homosexual crusades but are mum when it comes to hetrosexual fornication? Both homosexuality and straight sex are both immoral and the church is taking a hyprocritical stance but being aginst homosexuality but not straight premarital sex.

boba
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
My point exactly. Why is it then that a lot of churches go on anti homosexual crusades but are mum when it comes to hetrosexual fornication? Both homosexuality and straight sex are both immoral and the church is taking a hyprocritical stance but being aginst homosexuality but not straight premarital sex.

I have yet to see a church like this.

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 01:51 PM

I think the issue is that one gets more press than another. Our church takes the same stance on a heterosexual couple living together out of wedlock as a gay couple living together.

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
OK this kinda drove me nuts lol...

1) Your mark quote was talking about marriage.. had nothing to do with homosexuality

2) Your second quote listed greed, lust, adultry, theft, and other things.. can you tell me the last time there were mass protests against shop lifting or cheaters? lol

3).. WHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT DOES IT SAY YOU CAN SIMPLY IGNORE THE OLD TESTAMENT WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO?! lol

The 4 things you posted are now abolished under the new testament, those rules where for the nation of Israel. The reason why Christians are against homosexuality.

Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A6-9&version=NIV#fen-NIV-24595a)] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A6-9&version=NIV#fen-NIV-24596b)] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+10%3A6-9&version=NIV#fen-NIV-24597c)] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

There are also other verses. Eventually non chritians will stop using this argument as basic study of the Bible disproves it.

Btw where is this video of Tebow telling people they will burn in hell?

boba
06-08-2012, 01:59 PM
OK this kinda drove me nuts lol...

1) Your mark quote was talking about marriage.. had nothing to do with homosexuality

2) Your second quote listed greed, lust, adultry, theft, and other things.. can you tell me the last time there were mass protests against shop lifting or cheaters? lol

I'm failing to see what this has to do with the topic. As to your point, when was the last time there were mass protests for the rights of shop lifting and cheaters?

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
[/B]

I'm failing to see what this has to do with the topic. As to your point, when was the last time you there were mass protests for the rights of shop lifting and cheaters?

the quote stated these things being just as bad as homosexuality.. yet homosexuality is all you focused on.. it's the same with Leviticus (which you cannot simply say you can ignore.. that drives me nuts).. you are ignore everything accept what YOU want to believe in lol

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 02:04 PM

FYI.. "the teaching of christ" is 100% tolerance.. and the lust for money and power are the worst sin man can achieve.... he preached poverty and acceptance.. you cool with that? lol

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 02:08 PM
FYI.. "the teaching of christ" is 100% tolerance.. and the lust for money and power are the worst sin man can achieve.... he preached poverty and acceptance.. you cool with that? lol

everyone wants to tout that he taught acceptance but no one wants to address that he taught to leave your sin behind. he didn't want the woman caught in adultery stoned, but that doesn't mean he was accepting of her sin. the people jesus came in contact with, left their sin behind.

boba
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
the quote stated these things being just as bad as homosexuality.. yet homosexuality is all you focused on.. it's the same with Leviticus (which you cannot simply say you can ignore.. that drives me nuts).. you are ignore everything accept what YOU want to believe in lol

Homosexuality is focused on because our society forces it on us.

Bolded part: Dude you need to study a little. Leviticus was laws for the nation of Israel. Read Mark 7:18, 1 Tim 4:1, Eph. 2:11, and Col 2:13.

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
everyone wants to tout that he taught acceptance but no one wants to address that he taught to leave your sin behind. he didn't want the woman caught in adultery stoned, but that doesn't mean he was accepting of her sin. the people jesus came in contact with, left their sin behind.

that would be part of tolerance... lol

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
you obviously know little about the teachings of jesus, you have not quoted him once.

you continue to quote the apostles not jesus, they were men, he is god.

if you know the bible so well then you will know how it was put together, and guess what, jesus didn't do it

Imac7065
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
you obviously know little about the teachings of jesus, you have not quoted him once.

you continue to quote the apostles not jesus, they were men, he is god.

if you know the bible so well then you will know how it was put together, and guess what, jesus didn't do it

you're right.. he didn't write it lol.... the new testament was written more than 70 years after his "death" and wasn't fully canonized until Constantinople in the 5th century...

of course a biography of a "god" written decades after his death and not published for almost 400 years is always going to be 100% accurate too right?

Lets not even talk about all the books (IE the dead sea scrolls) not canonized because the church didn't want them made public. You know.. the books that say Mary Magdalen (sp) was actually Jesus' wife? (and not this isn't dan brown bs.. this is the book of Daniel)

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I got a about the bible that I have always wondered about. Mark 10:25 says "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." However this is never mentioned in any church or any preacher that I have never seen or heard. Ironically most preachers often preach about getting money and giving the church more money. I would love to get someone's take on this passage.

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
actually if you ever read them, you would know that is not contained in any of the gnostic nor lost books (which i have read and studied), so yet again, you show little knowledge in what you are trying to say.

I in fact find the book of mary and the book of thomas quite fascinating and more than likely legit, though not complete, they contain teachings of jesus that seem plausable

and where did you come up with 70 years after his death, and again this shows your knowledge on any of this is very limited. before you start, maybe you should research, parchments of john have been dated way earlier than 102 ad

you are the classic person who has heard something from someone and now thinks they "know", you are perhaps worse than those that blindly follow the interpretations of jesus' teachings without looking into them themselves

and the book of daniel is a jewish book wriiten around 500BCE, how the heck would they know about jesus and mary??!!!

again, you show very little knowledge in your claims

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 03:04 PM
veggie, that is because the rich are stereotyped for greed, kind of like the classic scrooge

shooten
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
wow this is way out there i really dont know what someone did to make you mad but your attack on all christians is probably not right anyways that is just what i think but i know some really good christian people who live there life as best as they can we all sin but to repeatedly committ the same sin im pretty sure is not good anyways there will always be people to make good christians look bad it is up to everyone to figure out who is real and who is fake for everything that is real or good or valuable in the world someone will fake it or copy it to try in trick people just like the devil controls this world and will try to turn as many people away from god as he can by turning people against eachother or against god anyways i dont know if anyone will care to read my opinion on what i just read but i dont have any problem with the person who wrote this i just wanted to say what i think by everyone fighting we will get no where everyone should start looking at themselves and not other people anyways i hope everyone will quit fighting thanks!!

1) do you have a tattoo?

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 03:25 PM
shooten, read it and liked it. thanks for contributing and keeping a cool head about it, good post!

habsheaven
06-08-2012, 04:17 PM
shooten, read it and liked it. thanks for contributing and keeping a cool head about it, good post!

Tried to read it. Needed to breathe, so gave up. Punctuation is your friend.

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 04:29 PM
veggie, that is because the rich are stereotyped for greed, kind of like the classic scrooge

Jesus was giving more of a metaphor in that situation, that makes sense. That's all well and dandy but that brings up another issue with scripture. How do we know which parts should only be taken as a metaphor and which parts of it are laws that we still need to adhere too?

shooten
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you maybe you could re write it for me? Breathe dont give up Breathe

habsheaven
06-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank you maybe you could re write it for me? Breathe dont give up Breathe

If you really want me to re-write it for you I think your message may get lost. I couldn't type half of that with a straight face. I was actually surprised to see Jay agreeing with all of it. It seems to contradict Jay's thoughts on free will just a little bit.

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
habs, said i liked it, not agreed with it or all of it

i often enjoy your posts, but do not always agree

shooten
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
If you really want me to re-write it for you I think your message may get lost. I couldn't type half of that with a straight face. I was actually surprised to see Jay agreeing with all of it. It seems to contradict Jay's thoughts on free will just a little bit.
Well i dont understand why you felt the need to bash the way i posted i guess you just want to talk down to people like your better but know that your not thanks for everyones time i wont take another breath away from this thread!

habsheaven
06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Well i dont understand why you felt the need to bash the way i posted i guess you just want to talk down to people like your better but know that your not thanks for everyones time i wont take another breath away from this thread!

That was hardly bashing. I was merely commenting on how you posted it which annoys me to no end. There is nothing worse than someone posting thier thoughts with no punctuation. If you consider that being talked down to perhaps you should pick yourself up.

habsheaven
06-08-2012, 07:46 PM
habs, said i liked it, not agreed with it or all of it

i often enjoy your posts, but do not always agree

Believe it or not, I enjoy most of your posts as well. :kiss:

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
i guess in all fairness i should have not posted, i am far from a bible thumping christian

Star_Cards
06-08-2012, 11:17 PM

I agree. that was very hard to read and I'm not actually sure what it said. the lack of punctuation caused me a lot of confusion. There was no pace to the paragraph at all.

Star_Cards
06-08-2012, 11:20 PM
That was hardly bashing. I was merely commenting on how you posted it which annoys me to no end. There is nothing worse than someone posting thier thoughts with no punctuation. If you consider that being talked down to perhaps you should pick yourself up.

agree completely. I didn't see your comment as talking down to him nor was my post, saying basically the same thing. I guess lack of punctuation is a product of the texting culture to some degree. although I text a lot and still use punctuation.

pghin08
06-11-2012, 04:42 PM
this has run its course and will be archived