PDA

View Full Version : The bible itself says Jesus did not exist... here's proof...

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I assume all Christians follow the 10 commandments correct? Well here are #3 and #4 of the generally accept 10....

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

According to this there can be no "son of god" because there is only one god. Jesus could be many things.. but a God he could not

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

this is commonly known as "thou shall not worship false idols"... in other words.. jesus himself could have never been a symbol of god.

What this boils down to is this.. the "messiah" spoken of in the old testament was never meant to be a god himself.. only to be a leader of men to lead them to salvation... in other words Moses himself might have been the messiah of the old testament...

I personally do not believe in either the old or new testament.. but if you do, how can you believe in a Jesus "Christ"?

duane1969
06-07-2012, 09:20 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png/220px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 09:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png/220px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png

since I know you are one of the christians I was talking about.. does that symbol make ANY sense to you what so ever? lol.. if i changed the names on there to president instead of god.. his daughter instead of jesus.. and the presidency instead of the holy spirit.. would you buy it? lol

stlcardinalsfan
06-07-2012, 09:29 PM
yeah, the trinity explains it.

the father,son, and holy spirit are all 1 but they are not the same thing.

like a pencil

eraser,wood,lead but its still a pencil and all 3 are part of it. (thats how it was explained to me as a child.)

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 09:30 PM
yeah, the trinity explains it.

you sir imac have no legs to run on.

please show me this "trinity" in the bible.. I have every leg to stand on sir... it seems Christianity likes to make BLEEP up as they go along to explain what the bible contradicts.

duane1969
06-07-2012, 09:38 PM
since I know you are one of the christians I was talking about.. does that symbol make ANY sense to you what so ever? lol.. if i changed the names on there to president instead of god.. his daughter instead of jesus.. and the presidency instead of the holy spirit.. would you buy it? lol

Guess you don't know much...

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Guess you don't know much...

ok.. I asked pretty direct questions here and your response was something made up centuries after.. and you telling me I don't know much...

would you like to actually answer the questions from the BIBLE now please? Not crap a church made up later?

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 09:47 PM
btw.. just googled it to be sure..neither the word "trinity" or the phrase"holy trinity" appear ANYWHERE in the entire works of the canonized holy bible.

It now appears you two "have no leg to stand on"

ensbergcollector
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
your premise if bad theology from the beginning:

the commandment about putting other gods before me was not broken by jesus. jesus is never placed above god nor worshiped instead of him.

the commandment about graven images is in regards to, big shock, graven images. Last I checked, unless Jesus was made of stone or gold, he did not go against this commandment either.

JustAlex
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
One thing I never understood....

When Jesus is on earth, He is God in Human form, but he also talks about God (The Father) as a DIFFERENT person than himself.

He Prays to God.....is he praying to himself???

And lastly he sacrifices himself, but while on the cross he looks to the heavens and continues talking to God....But isn't he God himself???

This has NEVER made any sense to me.

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
1)... it was not jesus.. but his followers who put him on the same level as god himself.. jesus never claimed to be a god

2) .. an idol does not have to be an object.. it can be an idea.. and under that jesus himself is an idol. This can also apply to Muhammod in the islamic religion (they also believe in the bible FYI)

your premise if bad theology from the beginning:

the commandment about putting other gods before me was not broken by jesus. jesus is never placed above god nor worshiped instead of him.

the commandment about graven images is in regards to, big shock, graven images. Last I checked, unless Jesus was made of stone or gold, he did not go against this commandment either.

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
You're using logic.. don't haha

One thing I never understood....

When Jesus is on earth, He is God in Human form, but he also talks about God (The Father) as a DIFFERENT person than himself.

He Prays to God.....is he praying to himself???

And lastly he sacrifices himself, but while on the cross he looks to the heavens and continues talking to God....But isn't he God himself???

This has NEVER made any sense to me.

ensbergcollector
06-07-2012, 10:37 PM
1)... it was not jesus.. but his followers who put him on the same level as god himself.. jesus never claimed to be a god

2) .. an idol does not have to be an object.. it can be an idea.. and under that jesus himself is an idol. This can also apply to Muhammod in the islamic religion (they also believe in the bible FYI)

2. in our culture, i agree with you. however, the commandment specifically states graven images. not sure how you can avoid that.

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 10:40 PM
2. in our culture, i agree with you. however, the commandment specifically states graven images. not sure how you can avoid that.

read that again...

graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above

graven image is just an example in that quote.

RtdRSuperstar
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM
So.... then in defense of Christians.... if you're asking about the commandments, and saying basically their whole religion is "fluff", then wouldn't you be arguing an invalid truth? I mean if their whole religion is based on a lie, then why does it matter to you? Or are you just trying to stir the pot, or better yet put your finger in the hornet's nest?

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 10:53 PM
So.... then in defense of Christians.... if you're asking about the commandments, and saying basically their whole religion is "fluff", then wouldn't you be arguing an invalid truth? I mean if their whole religion is based on a lie, then why does it matter to you? Or are you just trying to stir the pot, or better yet put your finger in the hornet's nest?

stirring the pot isn't far off lol.. I didn't even know this section of the forum existed until tonight.. I have always loved arguing religion with the super religious.. as you can see the first people to respond to this thread no longer have anything to rebutt.. so they just stop replying.

I think religion as a whole (any of them) are the most cumbersome thing man has ever created. It was meant to explained the unknown in ancient times.. now that we know most of the facts of life (never will know "all") I personally think we should give up silly myths

ensbergcollector
06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
read that again...

graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above

graven image is just an example in that quote.

sorry man, image or likeness is referring to one thing. you can't add our cultures definition of idol or likeness and change what it meant thousands of years ago.

RtdRSuperstar
06-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I myself am a Christian, but I also believe that people should believe what they want to. And believe that they should believe that based on their own research and own conclusions. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love for people to be Christians, but I won't push myself onto people b/c that's the number 1 way to drive them off.

ensbergcollector
06-07-2012, 11:00 PM
stirring the pot isn't far off lol.. I didn't even know this section of the forum existed until tonight.. I have always loved arguing religion with the super religious.. as you can see the first people to respond to this thread no longer have anything to rebutt.. so they just stop replying.

I think religion as a whole (any of them) are the most cumbersome thing man has ever created. It was meant to explained the unknown in ancient times.. now that we know most of the facts of life (never will know "all") I personally think we should give up silly myths

completely off base. most christians don't feel the need to enter a shouting match with someone who isn't actually trying to have a conversation. you just want to attack. why would be keep the conversation going?

Imac7065
06-07-2012, 11:00 PM
sorry man, image or likeness is referring to one thing. you can't add our cultures definition of idol or likeness and change what it meant thousands of years ago.

it was translated in a time when "idol" meant what we view it as today.. something worshiped.

In the original Aramaic (or even Hebrew later) it may very well mean something completely different than anyone even understands lol

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 08:38 AM
you are trying to blend the OT and the NT, to me this shows the lack of understanding of what a christian is or what / who jesus was

the trinity is based on the fact god has more than one role in our lives, just like any human. I am a husband, a father, and a human, three different roles but one person.

god is god and something we, as humans, cannot get in touch with. the holy spirit allows us contact within the spiritual realm, and jesus within the human realm.

it's ok to be afraid, but no need to attack

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I myself am a Christian, but I also believe that people should believe what they want to. And believe that they should believe that based on their own research and own conclusions. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love for people to be Christians, but I won't push myself onto people b/c that's the number 1 way to drive them off.

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 09:15 AM
In islam it is prohibited to make pictures or any images of the prophet muhammed. The OT prohibits making any graven images of God. Why is it that christians insist on making pictures of jesus then turn around and arguing about what color he was?

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 10:20 AM
In islam it is prohibited to make pictures or any images of the prophet muhammed. The OT prohibits making any graven images of God. Why is it that christians insist on making pictures of jesus then turn around and arguing about what color he was?

one of my largest issues with the catholic church is the abundance of graven images of jesus, mary, etc. not sure there has been much debate about what color he was in 15 years or so (i'm sure there is some). he almost undoubtedly looked like what a modern day jewish person born in israel would look like

mrveggieman
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
he almost undoubtedly looked like what a modern day jewish person born in israel would look like

Not to stir up the hornet's nest but what are you basing this on?

ensbergcollector
06-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Not to stir up the hornet's nest but what are you basing this on?

The fact that he was a jewish person born in a jewish region. It would be strange for him to be anything but a jewish man in appearance.

shrewsbury
06-08-2012, 11:16 AM
seems logical