PDA

View Full Version : INSANITY!! Can I do it?

DiebytheCubs
06-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Hey everyone! So I recently got the Insanity workout set to try to lose some weight and get in shape. I'm starting tomorrow on my 60 day quest and decided to keep a running thread for motivation. If anyone has ever done it before also and has some tips that would be great too.

Day 1
197 lbs.
17.7% body fat

Oxxon
06-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Good luck!

mrveggieman
06-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Good luck. I still haven't finished the first P90X yet. Keep us posted.

pghin08
06-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Good luck!

Mike13198
06-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Wow good luck, I am limited to a treadmill LOL! You can do it or get er don!

Star_Cards
06-11-2012, 10:32 AM
good luck. I did p90X in the winter and rolled into insanity. I like insanity a bit better. You don't have to have any equipment like weights or a pull up bar. The pace of the exercises are mush quicker and the first month, the workouts are only 30-40 minutes. The second month they are longer and can be mentally though seeing 50+ minutes on the screen. It's a great cardio workout and after you feel like you worked a lot even if you had to take a lot of breaks. I also like the fit tests so you can map your progress. Another pro to it from p90x is that you don;t have to write anything down besides on a fit test day.

FYI, the hardest day was when we started the second month. We did a fit test and then a 50+ minute max workout. It was rough!

We just finished the two months on saturday and I'm starting it over today. I'm not sure what tips I have. Just stay with it. I didn't watch my diet as much as I had hoped so make sure to do that. Diet is what it all comes down to if you are looking to cut weight. I did lose some but not as much as I wanted/hoped, but that wasn't due to the workouts. I'm going to get more strict with my diet this time.

Shaun T is a pretty good host and the videos are mixed up pretty well. Plus most of the women are super attractive. :)

DiebytheCubs
06-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Thanks food the support! I'll. Definitely keep you all posted

tjmcb73
06-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Outside of boxes at work, heaviest weights I've lifted over the past month is 12 oz!! LMAO

Dodgersalltheway
06-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Let me borrow it when you're done! I need it...

Frantiic
06-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Good luck buddy! Starting it on monday aswell! need to loose a couple lbs!

Im at 220 lbs right now. hope to atleast get rid of some of the tummy haha. everything else is good. just need to loose some around the waist!

DiebytheCubs
06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Good luck buddy! Starting it on monday aswell! need to loose a couple lbs!

Im at 220 lbs right now. hope to atleast get rid of some of the tummy haha. everything else is good. just need to loose some around the waist!

Thanks! Nice to have someone doing it with me. Haha

stlcardinalsfan
06-13-2012, 12:51 AM
its tough as heck, me and dad made it to month 2 before we got bored.....you have to do it everyday and most of it is the same on each dvd and its longer than p90x or atleast it seems like it.it just got too time consuming.

we did p90x as well and got bored.

i lost 25lbs with p90x (was 270 and went to 245) and 10 with insanity(260 to 250) we didnt follow the meal plans tho.

about 1 year apart.

roaddogg02316
06-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Just do my job as a laborer for a few weeks and you'll lose weight. I know I did when I first started, but been laid off for over a year. It will be like insanity when I go back to work. I sweat my butt off. Even put myself in the ER one day with dehydration, plus several times going home just burnt out and probably dehydrated still.

DiebytheCubs
06-13-2012, 06:21 PM
its tough as heck, me and dad made it to month 2 before we got bored.....you have to do it everyday and most of it is the same on each dvd and its longer than p90x or atleast it seems like it.it just got too time consuming.

we did p90x as well and got bored.

i lost 25lbs with p90x (was 270 and went to 245) and 10 with insanity(260 to 250) we didnt follow the meal plans tho.

about 1 year apart.

Wow, congratulations on the weight loss. I've been following the meal plans some but not too closely. Seems like they were designed to lose weight, not taste good.

DiebytheCubs
06-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Just do my job as a laborer for a few weeks and you'll lose weight. I know I did when I first started, but been laid off for over a year. It will be like insanity when I go back to work. I sweat my butt off. Even put myself in the ER one day with dehydration, plus several times going home just burnt out and probably dehydrated still.

Sounds tough, be careful!

Frantiic
06-14-2012, 06:52 AM

that doesnt sound good mate. water, water and water. very important. but not too much water. that could result in some other horrific things.

Star_Cards
06-14-2012, 09:11 AM

not everyone has a job that allows for high amounts of burnt calories. for those of us who don't, there is Insanity.

pghin08
06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
not everyone has a job that allows for high amounts of burnt calories. for those of us who don't, there is Insanity.

I think I burn like 3 calories a day walking from my desk to the copier.

Frantiic
06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I think I burn like 3 calories a day walking from my desk to the copier.

lol, same here. im stuck at my desk 8 out of 9 hours i spend on work. the other hour im at lunch, 5 feet away :/

roaddogg02316
06-14-2012, 01:29 PM
that doesnt sound good mate. water, water and water. very important. but not too much water. that could result in some other horrific things.

Yeah definitely not good. I drink like a fish. I will literally bring a gallon of water daily on top of smaller bottles and gatorade. It's like I sweat so badly. One day I actually had to just quit at noon I was so burned out. Was working right in the sun all day and I got to the point I threw up. Boss told me I was drinking too much water. Is that possible? Especially when you see how bad I sweat from working hard I see it as replacing lost fluid.

Maybe when I actually have a doctor I should bring it up to see if there is a reason why I sweat so badly. It can get embarrassing as the fact is, my shirt will get soaked and then it hits my pants and basically wicks down my legs. Basically looks like I jumped in a pool. Not comfortable to work like that.
I'm actually a bit nervous to go back to working that hard. Sure I've been doing smaller stuff for side work. But big company means bust your butt.

DiebytheCubs
06-16-2012, 11:15 PM
6 days down, 54 more to go! The first week was tough but I'm still here. Lost two pounds but body fat percentage went up a bit. Just gotta keep telling myself that its a process and it takes time.

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll continue to keep you posted.

Week 1
195 lbs
18.2 body fat %

bwlingod26
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
yes u can

bwlingod26
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I have faith in you, but u won't know until you try

scodellaro16
06-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Good luck, hope it works out for you. i wanted to give it a shot but honestly don't think i could handle it.

Oxxon
06-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I found your 2 pounds. Keep it up!

DiebytheCubs
06-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Well, I missed my last two workouts so I'm going to have to really pick it up on Monday. Hopefully it wont set me back too much, I can slowly feel myself getting a bit more flexible. Really have not been following the diet plan at all but I have been eating less so maybe that will give me some bonus points. I haven't weighed myself yet this week and frankly I'm kind of scared to now, lol. Plan on taking my measurements tomorrow though so stay close, I wouldn't be holding my breath though, lol.

DiebytheCubs
06-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Alright here's my numbers as of this morning

195 lbs
18.1% body fat

Not that bad. Didn't lose any weight but at least I didn't gain any either. Unfortunately though I also missed my workout this morning which makes it three days in a row I have not worked out. This is beginning to look bad...

angel0430
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Good Luck on your quest. I have done it and it is a great but hard workout. I had to stop doing it because of my back. Some of the movements are not good for me.

DiebytheCubs
01-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Well I burned out last time after only 2 weeks But now its a new year so I'm going to try to do it again. So far I'm 4 days into it and its a lot harder than I remember, lol. The biggest difference this time though is that now I'm being more careful about what I eat. Trying to do more greens and less sugar. Weighed in at 207 on Monday. I would be over the moon if I got to 180 but we'll just have to see how it goes

stlcardinalsfan
01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Well I burned out last time after only 2 weeks But now its a new year so I'm going to try to do it again. So far I'm 4 days into it and its a lot harder than I remember, lol. The biggest difference this time though is that now I'm being more careful about what I eat. Trying to do more greens and less sugar. Weighed in at 207 on Monday. I would be over the moon if I got to 180 but we'll just have to see how it goes

me and my father tried it and got bored/burned out after about 2 1/2 weeks

not enough mixing it up, i liked p90x better....i laster almost 2 months with that....and lost 25 lbs

oilerscollector
01-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Me and the Mrs are going to fire up P90x on Monday here aswell. I've personally never done video's like this but have watched some of the first work out and was interested to see how it goes.
Right now things are a little busy so we are not doing it in 90 though. Goal is minimum 3 workouts a week. We are trying to do better with the meals though as well.

Good luck to you. Hope you find some inspiration to keep you going

RG3NFL
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM
gooood luck

DiebytheCubs
01-12-2013, 01:05 PM
First week of part 2 is in the books. 6 days later and it still feels just as hard as when I started, but I can feel myself improving slowly. I'm not going to weigh myself until week 2 is done because I don't want to get caught up in numbers and measurements this time. I think I've learned how difficult it actually is after my failure last time so I'm more committed now. Anyways, tomorrow is an off day so I'll get to rest up a little while still eating healthy though. Thanks for the support and good luck to everyone else on similar programs!

DiebytheCubs
01-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Just finished week two so I have a day off tomorrow. Almost skipped a day yesterday but I just worked out later at night. I haven't been as good as I would like with the nutrition but I haven't been awful either. Anyways, the big news is that I stepped on the scale today even though I was trying to put it off it Monday. Two weeks ago I weighed in at 207 and today the scale read...197! Ten pounds in two weeks, it seems a little too good to be true, but I'm still super happy about it. Next few weeks are going to be tough because I'm leaving the country but I am going to try really hard to stick with it.