PDA

View Full Version : Church members defend pastor accused of choking his daughter

mrveggieman
06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Your thoughts

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/creflo-dollar-denies-choking-daughter/nPQPw/

shrewsbury
06-11-2012, 01:44 PM
i guess it depends on who story you listen to, his or his daughters

duane1969
06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Accused = not guilty until proven innocent.

My guess is that the church members are backing their pastor because they know more than we do.

What's more, I would hesitate to take the word of a teenager. As the father of two teens I have witnessed first hand how teens will tell a story that fits their needs.

Star_Cards
06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I saw this story on the new this morning. The report had zero info on what the girls side of the story was. It basically said the pastor denied the allegations and the interviewed church members backed him 100%. I have no opinion on the case as the daughters story isn't out that I've heard. The pastor said the mark on the daughters neck was from eczema and has been there for 10 years. Seems like that can be proven one way or the other. I've never seen an eczema scare so I have no clue if it could be mistaken for a recent mark of physical contact. I also wonder who called the police.

Star_Cards
06-11-2012, 02:14 PM
here's a link with more information than the original. <br />
<br />
linkage <br />
<br />
says the daughter called. from the article... <br />
<br />
&quot;A police report says the girl told a deputy her father charged at her, put his...

duane1969
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
If the other daughter is backing her sister's story then he is screwed.

shrewsbury
06-11-2012, 03:22 PM
has not anyone noticed his name?????

Star_Cards
06-11-2012, 04:02 PM
yes. it is a unique name.

mrveggieman
06-11-2012, 04:21 PM
If the other daughter is backing her sister's story then he is screwed.

Not really. He's a big time preacher in atlanta with a lot of money. Worse case he will get a fine and have to do community service. No big deal at all.

duane1969
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
has not anyone noticed his name?????

Yeah I caught that. Wondered for a moment if it is his real name or an assumed/changed name.

Not really. He's a big time preacher in atlanta with a lot of money. Worse case he will get a fine and have to do community service. No big deal at all.

Depends on how the police choose to go after it. If they want to make the news then they push the envelope and prosecute him for child abuse/endangerment. If they take it as a father/daughter conflict that went awry then he gets a slap on the wrist.

Zimbow
06-11-2012, 10:29 PM
He continued, saying his daughter was not choked or punched and that nothing was on the teen's neck except an abrasion from Eczema, a previous skin condition.

I've had Eczema before and while it's not a nice or comfortable thing to have, no matter how hard or much I scratched my skin, it never ever left a mark of any kind. Maybe his daughter had just gotten rid of it.