PDA

View Full Version : KKK wants to adopt GA hgwy for road cleanup

mrveggieman
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Here's today's news of ther weird story:

http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/georgia/kkk-group-aims-to-adopt-highway-for-litter-control/nPQjT/

Star_Cards
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
hmm. typically I'd say any organization should be able to do this, but I don't think it's a good idea to let them sponsor a highway clean up. Their views really give the state no choice but to turn them down.

pghin08
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
If you don't believe in freedom of speech for your enemy, then you don't believe in it at all. I say let them clean.

duane1969
06-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Their views are undesirable, but should that alone stop them? Do pro-abortion groups get blocked from it because their views don't apply to everyone? Do anti-gun groups get blocked? Do pro-gay groups get blocked?

It is a slippery slope.

Star_Cards
06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Their views are undesirable, but should that alone stop them? Do pro-abortion groups get blocked from it because their views don't apply to everyone? Do anti-gun groups get blocked? Do pro-gay groups get blocked?

It is a slippery slope.

great points. I'm on the fence about this one.

shrewsbury
06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
do them plan on being dressed in their hoods? if so, i am on the fence, if not, give them some trash bags!!!

MattDMC
06-12-2012, 04:09 AM
Is the KKK even a relevant group anymore in todays society?

While I don't believe in what the group stands for, if they want to adopt the highway and clean and care for it I have no problem with it. Its not like they have bad motives or intentions for cleaning it.

Star_Cards
06-12-2012, 08:50 AM
great question matt. I say no.

as for them actually cleaning up the highway, I thought the sponsors just pay a monthly payment to cover the cost of the state to clean it. I don't think it's like on Seinfeld when Kramer adopts a mile of highway and starts cleaning it and repainting the lanes on the road. Although seeing the KK in full hoods out on the road cleaning up trash is a pretty comical idea.

duane1969
06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
great question matt. I say no.

as for them actually cleaning up the highway, I thought the sponsors just pay a monthly payment to cover the cost of the state to clean it. I don't think it's like on Seinfeld when Kramer adopts a mile of highway and starts cleaning it and repainting the lanes on the road. Although seeing the KK in full hoods out on the road cleaning up trash is a pretty comical idea.

Not sure how it works in GA but here in WV if you adopt a highway you actually go out and clean it up yourself.

shrewsbury
06-12-2012, 09:39 AM
same in ohio

ensbergcollector
06-12-2012, 10:12 AM
same in texas

*censored*
06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
What will they do when they discover the highway is black?

pghin08
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Outstanding.

duane1969
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Burn a cross in front of it?? :confused0024:

Star_Cards
06-12-2012, 12:15 PM
of they have to clean it themselves then I say they let them sponsor it and make them were their hoods.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 07:00 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/georgia-refuses-ku-klux-klans-application-to-adopt-a-highway/

ATLANTA — The Georgia Department of Transportation has declined to accept a Ku Klux Klan group’s application to join the state’s “Adopt-A-Highway” program.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/georgia-refuses-ku-klux-klans-application-to-adopt-a-highway/

ATLANTA — The Georgia Department of Transportation has declined to accept a Ku Klux Klan group’s application to join the state’s “Adopt-A-Highway” program.

Interesting, I read the same story on the ajc and it goes like this:

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/dot-rejects-klan-application-1456844.html

The heading on your site implies that the state was some how wrong for not wanting to grant the klan the ability to adopt the highway. :rolleyes:

theonedru
06-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I can't believe anyone would be against anyone wanting to do their part to clean up the earth. Albeit a small part they are still willing to do more than most of the people that are complaining against them. It's prob because they are making those who choose to do nothing look bad.

I do not agree with their political beliefs but i totally support them wanting to help clean this world up. If people didn't litter and respected the world or their country/state/city we would not be having this discussion would we.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I can't believe anyone would be against anyone wanting to do their part to clean up the earth. Albeit a small part they are still willing to do more than most of the people that are complaining against them. It's prob because they are making those who choose to do nothing look bad.

I do not agree with their political beliefs but i totally support them wanting to help clean this world up. If people didn't litter and respected the world or their country/state/city we would not be having this discussion would we.

If it was just a bunch of random guys wanting to clean up their community then no one would have a problem with this. However this is a know hate group that I can assure you is not doing this out of the kindness of thier hearts and they have a political agenda behind their intentions.

shrewsbury
06-13-2012, 01:58 PM
what a better demonstration than having permission to go up and down the side of the highway in full uniform

i can see why they were not allowed

theonedru
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
If it was just a bunch of random guys wanting to clean up their community then no one would have a problem with this. However this is a know hate group that I can assure you is not doing this out of the kindness of thier hearts and they have a political agenda behind their intentions.

People assume this but have no proof of it and thats a pretty closed minded way to think. And still they are willing to do more than 99% of us so like I said before .....

Besides they will sue for their right to do and win just like the other hate group did (in new Jersey I think it was but not 100% sure)

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
The klan knows that the state will not approve them to work on their streets. They are just doing this to get some cheap press.

ensbergcollector
06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
The klan knows that the state will not approve them to work on their streets. They are just doing this to get some cheap press.

does the state have written up official guidelines of who can and cannot clean? is there a reason for the KKK to know they would be denied?

theonedru
06-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Where are the facts to back up this statement?

AUTaxMan
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
The heading on your site implies that the state was some how wrong for not wanting to grant the klan the ability to adopt the highway. :rolleyes:

I don't really see where you're getting this.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm sure that there is some type of clause that they state has the right to deny anyone or any group from doing any type of volunteer work. The klan complaining about not being able to clean up trash from the streets would be akin to a child molester being denied to right to volunteer at an elementary school.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't really see where you're getting this.

It wasn't a shot at intimidator but it was a shot at the trashy website that he posted the link from.

theonedru
06-13-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm sure that there is some type of clause that they state has the right to deny anyone or any group from doing any type of volunteer work. The klan complaining about not being able to clean up trash from the streets would be akin to a child molester being denied to right to volunteer at an elementary school.

This is just wrong, totally wrong to try and even think of comparing the 2. Ugh.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
This is just wrong, totally wrong to try and even think of comparing the 2. Ugh.

What legal obligation does the state of georgia have to allow the klan to clean up their streets? The last time that I checked the klan is an illegal operation. What next, should the state allow the bloods, crips or the mob to clean their streets?

boba
06-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Interesting, I read the same story on the ajc and it goes like this:

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/dot-rejects-klan-application-1456844.html

I really don't see a different tone in either articles. Don't really see where the heading implies it was wrong, I think your grasping at straws a little here.

theonedru
06-13-2012, 03:12 PM
What legal obligation does the state of georgia have to allow the klan to clean up their streets. The last time that I checked the klan is an illegal operation. What next, should the state allow the bloods, crips or the mob to clean their streets?

Yes if they showed the willingness to, I see nothing wrong with it. I just see a lot of hatred and discrimination against a discriminating hate group .... All kinds of irony there don't you think.......

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Wonder if the NAACP has adopted some road to clean up , if so they are not much different the KKK....What about the Black Panthers think they have a road ? I am no fan of the KKK and wouldnt want anybody around me that has anything to do with them , But they should be able to do some Community service .

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes if they showed the willingness to, I see nothing wrong with it. I just see a lot of hatred and discrimination against a discriminating hate group .... All kinds of irony there don't you think.......

If you are cool with those organizations who all advocate violence against others why not also allow NAMBLA (a group that advocates child molestion) to clean up as well.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Wonder if the NAACP has adopted some road to clean up , if so they are not much different the KKK....What about the Black Panthers think they have a road ? I am no fan of the KKK and wouldnt want anybody around me that has anything to do with them , But they should be able to do some Community service .

And who has the NAACP ever lynched or advocated violence against? I must have missed that memo. :rolleyes:

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
And who has the NAACP ever lynched or advocated violence against? I must have missed that memo. :rolleyes:

Not saying they did lynch people or burn any crosses . But the NAACP is just as racists as the klan ever was , just in a different way .

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
If you are cool with those organizations who all advocate violence against others why not also allow NAMBLA (a group that advocates child molestion) to clean up as well.

NAMBLA now that is a group YOUR president and his people support ..

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM
NAMBLA now that is a group YOUR president and his people support ..

Unless you moved and I didn't get the memo you still live in the state of georgia which is a part of the united states which would in turn make President Obama YOUR president as well. Also do you have any proof of your wild accusations? We would love to see it.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Not saying they did lynch people or burn any crosses . But the NAACP is just as racists as the klan ever was , just in a different way .

Sure just like all of the white people who work with them must be racist as well. :rolleyes:

ensbergcollector
06-13-2012, 03:48 PM

how can you compare racist violent groups cleaning up streets to molesters working with children? that is insane my man

AUTaxMan
06-13-2012, 03:50 PM
It wasn't a shot at intimidator but it was a shot at the trashy website that he posted the link from.

I know what it was. Still makes no sense.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Unless you moved and I didn't get the memo you still live in the state of georgia which is a part of the united states which would in turn make President Obama YOUR president as well. Also do you have any proof of your wild accusations? We would love to see it.

Obama personnaly appointed Kevin Jennings "Safe School Czar" he is the biggest supporter of Nambla there can be being on boards for the org. Jennings is also close to Valerie Jarrett the prezbo's closest advisor .

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
how can you compare racist violent groups cleaning up streets to molesters working with children? that is insane my man

Child molestors rape and commit other acts of violence against children. The klan commits violence and murder against minorities. Violence, sexual abuse,hate and murder are all wrong regardless of who the group is. I say if you are ok with the klan, street gangs or the mob cleaing up trash then I say nambla has every right to do the same.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Obama personnaly appointed Kevin Jennings "Safe School Czar" he is the biggest supporter of Nambla there can be being on boards for the org. Jennings is also close to Valerie Jarrett the prezbo's closest advisor .

Links please.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I know what it was. Still makes no sense.

What did he say somethin?...ha,ha, The Facts on The Blaze are probably the most accurate among any media outlets It just Burns the crap out of die hard Obama supporters to see the truth .

boba
06-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Child molesters have already committed a crime against children. The KKK have not already committed a crime against a road. In fact, most of them haven't committed a crime at all as racism in itself is not a crime. You can't seriously compare the two.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 04:02 PM
What did he say somethin?...ha,ha, The Facts on The Blaze are probably the most accurate among any media outlets It just Burns the crap out of die hard Obama supporters to see the truth .

I get more truthful and accurate political facts from reading three little pigs or little red riding hood than from that garbage that ya'll like to quote.

boba
06-13-2012, 04:04 PM
I get more truthful and accurate political facts from reading three little pigs or little red riding hood than from that garbage that ya'll like to quote.

What was inaccurate from the article he posted?

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Links please.

http://americansfortruth.com/2009/10/21/breaking-obama-safe-schools-chief-kevin-jennings-used-pro-pedophile-pro-nambla-publisher-for-first-two-books/

http://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?6676-Paterno-Gone-Should-Obama-Resign-over-Penn-State-school-safety

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/06/obama-appointee-kevin-jennings-fisting-and-fk-em-to-the-religious-right.html

http://www.stopjennings.org/ A good video about Jennings at this link.

Star_Cards
06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
did I really see a statement that the NAACP was just as racist as the KKK ever was? yikes.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Child molesters have already committed a crime against children. The KKK have not already committed a crime against a road. In fact, most of them haven't committed a crime at all as racism in itself is not a crime. You can't seriously compare the two.

Not everyone who has worked for nambla has been convicted of child abuse just like not everyone who is with the klan, the bloods, crips, or hells angles has been convicted of a crime. If one of these distasteful groups has the "right" to be able to clean up trash from the highway then all of them do.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 04:09 PM
did I really see a statement that the NAACP was just as racist as the KKK ever was? yikes.

He got that from reading the blaze.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 04:10 PM
http://americansfortruth.com/2009/10/21/breaking-obama-safe-schools-chief-kevin-jennings-used-pro-pedophile-pro-nambla-publisher-for-first-two-books/

http://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?6676-Paterno-Gone-Should-Obama-Resign-over-Penn-State-school-safety

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/06/obama-appointee-kevin-jennings-fisting-and-fk-em-to-the-religious-right.html

http://www.stopjennings.org/ A good video about Jennings at this link.

Just as I thought more trashy links.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Cmon' Man, you didnt even know about Kevin Jennings , and you will never know the truth about Obama if you keep reading what you read. The left wing media dont want you to know the truth !

theonedru
06-13-2012, 04:11 PM

This is twice now you have tried to link hate groups to pedophilia. Thats all kinds of disturbing. And should prob be left out of the conversation

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 04:12 PM

The KKK of the earlier years are far different from the KKK of today maybe saying the NAACP is as racist as the KKK was a litlle off , But not much .

Star_Cards
06-13-2012, 04:13 PM
This is twice now you have tried to link hate groups to pedophilia. Thats all kinds of disturbing. And should prob be left out of the conversation

I don't see his statement as trying to link them. He's saying that both shouldn't be allowed to adopt highways.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Just as I thought more trashy links.

:smash:

Star_Cards
06-13-2012, 04:14 PM
The KKK of the earlier years are far different from the KKK of today maybe saying the NAACP is as racist as the KKK was a litlle off , But not much .

yes, it is a kinder gentler KKK these days.

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Cmon' Man, you didnt even know about Kevin Jennings , and you will never know the truth about Obama if you keep reading what you read. The left wing media dont want you to know the truth !

You are right I will never get the truth about President Obama from reading what the conservative members of SCF say about him. :winking0071:

theonedru
06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Lets focus on the original point to this thread before it gets totally blown out of control like every other thread here. I will start by asking, what is wrong with the KKK wanting to adopt a road? Any logical arguments against this are more than welcome........

MattDMC
06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Lets focus on the original point to this thread before it gets totally blown out of control like every other thread here. I will start by asking, what is wrong with the KKK wanting to adopt a road? Any logical arguments against this are more than welcome........

The only thing I could possibly see wrong with it would be the road sign saying this stretch of road is sponsored by the KKK and I can see where that would lead to an issue as people who drive past there would feel offended seeing a KKK sponsored sign on the roadway.

Other than that I see no possible issues.

And yes I do feel they should have been granted the right to clean that stretch of road. I say good for them they are willing to clean up the mess on the side of road.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 04:33 PM
the only thing i could possibly see wrong with it would be the road sign saying this stretch of road is sponsored by the kkk and i can see where that would lead to an issue as people who drive past there would feel offended seeing a kkk sponsored sign on the roadway.

Other than that i see no possible issues.

And yes i do feel they should have been granted the right to clean that stretch of road. I say good for them they are willing to clean up the mess on the side of road.

+1

ensbergcollector
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
I assume they dont allow any convicted or suspected criminals clean highways. That would be the only way this makes sense.

AUTaxMan
06-13-2012, 05:11 PM
I assume they dont allow any convicted or suspected criminals clean highways. That would be the only way this makes sense.

I see convicted criminals cleaning up the highway all the time.

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Imagine visiting the state of georgia or any other state for that matter and seeing a sign that says this stretch of highway is maintained by the gambino crime family, the bounty hunter bloods, the hoover street criminals or the local knights of the ku klux klan. And you wonder why the united states is the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

theonedru
06-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Imagine visiting the state of georgia or any other state for that matter and seeing a sign that says this stretch of highway is maintained by the gambino crime family, the bounty hunter bloods, the hoover street criminals or the local knights of the ku klux klan. And you wonder why the united states is the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

The fact that its a racist hate group that willing to do more than the average citizen is what makes America look bad, or the fact we let this country get as filthy as we do in the first place. Besides if anyone did their homework on this matter they could be out there researching the fact that other hate groups have been denied the same thing, taken the respective state to court (I forget which state it was) an won the right to clean the highway.

MattDMC
06-14-2012, 01:37 PM

Yes we're a laughing stock because of roadside signs has nothing to do with our falty government, messed up laws, senseless murders and crimes, or trillions of dollars of debt but its the KKK roadside sign.

It all makes sense now if we don't give the KKK a roadside sign we will no longer be a laughing stock. Someone call President Obama and tell him we figured out how to get back on top.

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 02:06 PM
The fact that its a racist hate group that willing to do more than the average citizen is what makes America look bad, or the fact we let this country get as filthy as we do in the first place. Besides if anyone did their homework on this matter they could be out there researching the fact that other hate groups have been denied the same thing, taken the respective state to court (I forget which state it was) an won the right to clean the highway.

I would love to hear that one. If anyone has a legal backround what legal obligation does the state have to be compelled to let any particular group clean up their highways.

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Also to all those people ok with the klan cleaning up the highways would you feel the same way if a group of muslims wanted to come by and clean YOUR streets up?

ensbergcollector
06-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Also to all those people ok with the klan cleaning up the highways would you feel the same way if a group of muslims wanted to come by and clean YOUR streets up?

if a group of muslims wanted to adopt the street by me i would be out there joining them. I have no problem with someone wanting to better the world around them, regardless of if I disagree with their politics and beliefs or not.

theonedru
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
if a group of muslims wanted to adopt the street by me i would be out there joining them. I have no problem with someone wanting to better the world around them, regardless of if I disagree with their politics and beliefs or not.

Total agreement

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Say it wasn't a group of peaceful muslims. Say it was a group that sympathized with al quida? Or what if it was nambla? Would you be ok with them cleaning up your streets? If not why not?

theonedru
06-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Say it wasn't a group of peaceful muslims. Say it was a group that sympathized with al quida? Or what if it was nambla? Would you be ok with them cleaning up your streets? If not why not?

Its not about Muslims or nambla, its about the KKK, lets not what if and stick with what is ....... Otherwise you could insert a million different scenario's and lose yourself in the absurd.

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Its not about Muslims or nambla, its about the KKK, lets not what if and stick with what is ....... Otherwise you could insert a million different scenario's and lose yourself in the absurd.

The klan is a group that advocates violence and illegal taticts against their victims. Just like nambla with child rape and molestation or Al-Quida with terrorism. Bottom line is the state should have to deny any group the "right" to work clean up the highways or anything else that is not constitutionally protected.

ensbergcollector
06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Veggie- would you oppose the black panthers adopting a highway?

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Veggie- would you oppose the black panthers adopting a highway?

If the klan has the "right" to clean the highway so should the panthers.

theonedru
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
The klan is a group that advocates violence and illegal taticts against their victims. Just like nambla with child rape and molestation or Al-Quida with terrorism. Bottom line is the state should have to deny any group the "right" to work clean up the highways or anything else that is not constitutionally protected.

Denying the Klan based on their beliefs would be discrimination and you would be no better than those who you are opposing.....

ensbergcollector
06-14-2012, 02:56 PM

you seem against the kkk being able to do this. my question is, do you have the same objection to the black panthers doing it?

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Denying the Klan based on their beliefs would be discrimination and you would be no better than those who you are opposing.....

The state has a duty to protect it's citizens from undue harm. Unless there is some type of legal ruling that would compell the state to let the klan clean the streets they should sit down and shut the hell up. If keep it up they will have their opportunity from the prison road crew. Also using your logic any terrorist group, street gang, hate group or 1%er mortorcycle gang should be able to be out in the steets doing the states bidding without any pushback.

MattDMC
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM

But since you seem to believe the Klan doesn't have the right to so would that mean you're against the panthers as well then?

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
you seem against the kkk being able to do this. my question is, do you have the same objection to the black panthers doing it?

Like theonedru said this is about the klan not the panthers or any other groups. I will say this any violent criminal organization regardless of their motives for their violence should not be out in public view cleaning up the streets and getting free press.

MattDMC
06-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Like theonedru said this is about the klan not the panthers or any other groups. I will say this any violent criminal organization regardless of their motives for their violence should not be out in public view cleaning up the streets and getting free press.

So now its about the Klan and not about any other groups?

Weren't you the one who brought up other groups a mere 20 minutes ago by asking what if it were a group of al quida supporting muslims or Nambla?

If you can bring up other groups why can't we bring up the Panthers?

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 03:07 PM
But since you seem to believe the Klan doesn't have the right to so would that mean you're against the panthers as well then?

Do the panthers have a long doccumented history of violence and illegal activities? And I am not talking about what you hear on faux news.

ensbergcollector
06-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Do the panthers have a long doccumented history of violence and illegal activities? And I am not talking about what you hear on faux news.

yes

MattDMC
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
yes

+1
Beat me to it by seconds.

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
So now its about the Klan and not about any other groups?

Weren't you the one who brought up other groups a mere 20 minutes ago by asking what if it were a group of al quida supporting muslims or Nambla?

If you can bring up other groups why can't we bring up the Panthers?

Some of you people have no problem with the klan going out in the public and getting free press and we all know their history but let a black group or some muslims come out then everyone has a problem. :confused0024:

MattDMC
06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Some of you people have no problem with the klan going out in the public and getting free press and we all know their history but let a black group or some muslims come out then everyone has a problem. :confused0024:

I never said I had a problem with Muslims or the Panthers doing the same.

You asked if they had the same violent history and I simply said yes.

If they want they are more than welcome to clean up a stretch of highway as well, I won't stop them from wanting to help out.

ensbergcollector
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM

i would have no problem with the black panthers doing highway cleanup. no one said that they would. I in fact said I would join in with a muslim group if they were cleaning near me.

feel free to show any post in this entire thread where someone said they would have a problem with a black group or muslims doing this?

yet you feel comfortable saying "but let a black group or some muslims come out then everyone has a problem"

theonedru
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
The state has a duty to protect it's citizens from undue harm. Unless there is some type of legal ruling that would compell the state to let the klan clean the streets they should sit down and shut the hell up. If keep it up they will have their opportunity from the prison road crew. Also using your logic any terrorist group, street gang, hate group or 1%er mortorcycle gang should be able to be out in the steets doing the states bidding without any pushback.

1st bolded part
The Klan is doing no one harm cleaning a road

2nd bolded part
And they can if they choose to thats their right as an American. People don't have to like it but it is what it is.

mrveggieman
06-14-2012, 03:38 PM
1st bolded part
The Klan is doing no one harm cleaning a road

2nd bolded part
And they can if they choose to thats their right as an American. People don't have to like it but it is what it is.

1st bolded part:There mere presence is free press for them as well as attempted intimidation which should not be done under the state's jurisdiction.

2nd bolded part: At least you are consistent in your beliefs unlike some others.

MattDMC
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
1st bolded part:There mere presence is free press for them as well as attempted intimidation which should not be done under the state's jurisdiction.

2nd bolded part: At least you are consistent in your beliefs unlike some others.

So now just their mere presence is producing undue harm?

In that case any time they set foot in Walmart to go grocery shopping their presence is causing undue harm then. Should the state ban all KKK members from grocery shopping now?

ensbergcollector
06-14-2012, 04:01 PM

you are the only one in this thread who appears to have different beliefs depending on who we are talking about.

DJ Sportscards
06-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I am seeing some very good people on this thread, and know what they are talking about!
I don't agree with the KKK they are way far extreme. You have the extremes like the KKK and the Black Panthers and then everyone else inbetween.

To veggie: how can it change so fast you bringing up anti-american Muslim groups, KKK and everything. Then When they bring up the black panthers you say it isn't about other groups it is about the KKK? You can't tell me the black panthers aren't in the same category as the KKK and are anti-white! To say they would deserve to be able to clean a STREET and the KKK can't would be complete DISCRIMINATION! The KKK has the same rights as everyone else to help better this community, and to be denied makes no sense! I'm pretty sure a street with the black panthers all over it would frighten people to, just like a street with KKK.

I don't support either groups in anyway, but they should get equal rights! They are doing no harm to anyone cleaning a street as said before.

Wickabee
06-14-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't support either groups in anyway, but they should get equal rights! They are doing no harm to anyone cleaning a street as said before.
On the surface, I agree wholeheartedly. However, I have to think there's a sign involved. Something like "This stretch of highway cleaned and maintained by the KKK"

It's a loophole for the KKK to gain advertising (maybe gain some new members?). No different from a tobacco company doing it (I don't know about the US, but in Canada there are almost no tobacco advertisements allowed in any form)

drtom2005
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
This happened in Saint Louis. The state let them adopt the highway. The state then renamed the stretch of highway, Rosa Parks Highway. People should be allowed to express their views no matter how dumb. It is the American way.

http://snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/rosapark.asp

TheNati97
06-15-2012, 05:46 AM
do you guys have any idea what the kkk is about? outside of the general conception that its a bunch of rednecks hating on black people.

let them clean the highway imo

Star_Cards
06-15-2012, 08:13 AM
This happened in Saint Louis. The state let them adopt the highway. The state then renamed the stretch of highway, Rosa Parks Highway. People should be allowed to express their views no matter how dumb. It is the American way.

http://snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/rosapark.asp

that's funny. It's not really about them not being able to express their views. They have every right to express their views and the KKK is allowed to have rallies in public places and promote their group openly. For me it's more about the partnership between the KKK and the state that could be seen as a negative. For me it's more about the states reputation with having this sort of connection with a group of hate. One could say that money is money for the government, but there are some concerns about where exactly it comes from.

drtom2005
06-17-2012, 01:07 AM
that's funny. It's not really about them not being able to express their views. They have every right to express their views and the KKK is allowed to have rallies in public places and promote their group openly. For me it's more about the partnership between the KKK and the state that could be seen as a negative. For me it's more about the states reputation with having this sort of connection with a group of hate. One could say that money is money for the government, but there are some concerns about where exactly it comes from.

I can see your point. The Constitution was designed to protect minor groups including the KKK. By protecting the rights of a minority, the majoritys' rights are protected. I think Franklin once stated that the Constitution was great document because no one was satisfied and everyone was upset about something. If someone is completely satisfied in a human disagreement, someone won. As long as they are not hurting anyone, they should be allowed to clean up the highway.

I think people should be more worried about where politicans are getting their money for campaigns, then some little hate group.

*censored*
06-19-2012, 01:07 PM
do you guys have any idea what the kkk is about? outside of the general conception that its a bunch of rednecks hating on black people.

Oh, I can't wait to hear this one...

theonedru
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM

let them clean the highway imo

I know a lot of them are pretty messed in the head considering the number of them that openly admit to being Christian.... A bunch of racists following the religion based on the teachings of a dark skinned Jewish man that wore dresses .... I'm just confused about that.................

shrewsbury
06-19-2012, 07:55 PM
those freaks are about as christian as i am black

there is no way you can seriously follow the teachings of jesus and be racist in any way, you can argue you it all you want, but it's the plain truth

just like jim jones and david koresh were not christians, just homicidal idiots who use whatever they can to try and control a group and excuse their insanity.

theonedru
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM

there is no way you can seriously follow the teachings of jesus and be racist in any way, you can argue you it all you want, but it's the plain truth

just like jim jones and david koresh were not christians, just homicidal idiots who use whatever they can to try and control a group and excuse their insanity.

Though true its more the fact they are racist and anti-semantic yet claim to follow the teachings of basically a black Jewish person that get me

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 09:18 AM

I agree. Osama bil Laden is no more a muslim than the kkk are christians. The only thing is that whenever OBL or any other extremist "muslim" does something stupid is many christians try to throw all muslims under the bus because of the actions of a small minority but when someone who claims to be a christian does something stupid many christians say that he/she is not a real christian. Hyprocracy at it's finest. What people should do is whenever a christian/muslim/jew does something stupid is check them and say hey you are making it bad for all of us who follow an abrahamic religion and make us all look like a bunch of religious fanatics. To paraphrase the words our our good friend just alex we got a bunch of delusional people making fun of another bunch of delusional people.

shrewsbury
06-20-2012, 09:22 AM
really? how about americans and the world throw all muslims under the bus with osama, not all christians.

delusional, hum, maybe the delusions lies elsewhere?

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 09:30 AM
really? how about americans and the world throw all muslims under the bus with osama, not all christians.

delusional, hum, maybe the delusions lies elsewhere?

I don't know if you are trying to be funny or not but better yet why not throw all racists, rapists, child molesters, religious fanatics and others like them off the cliff.

shrewsbury
06-20-2012, 10:30 AM
maybe some of the ones mentioned should be, but religious fanatic is open to interpretation

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
maybe some of the ones mentioned should be, but religious fanatic is open to interpretation

Anyone who hates someone because of their religion or lack of one or someone who hurts or attempts to hurt others because of their religion or lack of one is a religious fanatic in my book. Also people who advocate discrimination against those based on religion are also religious fanatics.

shrewsbury
06-20-2012, 10:35 AM
i would agree, but hate doesn't equal murder in my book, just stupidity. now anyone who hurts someone, should be justly punished.

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 10:37 AM
i would agree, but hate doesn't equal murder in my book, just stupidity. now anyone who hurts someone, should be justly punished.

Hate may not equal murder but it is a starting point. Other than that I agree that anyone who hurts someone should be severely and swiftly punished to the fullest extent of the law.

shrewsbury
06-20-2012, 11:14 AM
veggie, i agree on the hate thing, but that is a hard one. people will take it too far, such as i hate stupid people, but i would never hurt anyone because they are dumb.

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
veggie, i agree on the hate thing, but that is a hard one. people will take it too far, such as i hate stupid people, but i would never hurt anyone because they are dumb.

I don't think that you hate the person but you hate their stupidity. So you wouldn't be hateful per se. They are some sickos who actually hate people because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, etc and those are the true hate mongers.