PDA

View Full Version : Newt: Elections are rigged for the rich

mrveggieman
06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Check out newt's comments to al sharpton.

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/gingrich-elections-rigged-for-1457276.html

gladdyontherise
06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
All that tells me is

A) He's just mad he lost

&

B) If people vote for the person with the most (false) advertisements, then there is a bigger problem.

duane1969
06-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Can't get the site to open.

Just from what I consider elections to be about, logic dictates that elections are "rigged" for the rich. The rich buy advertising to support their preferred candidate. The rich make large donations to campaign finance. The rich get special access to the politicians. The rich get special treatment by the politician after he/she is elected. A little common sense goes a long way when thinking about this subject.

Show me a politician that says he/she is for the little people, for the poor, for the downtrodden, for the underpriveledged, and I will show you a politician that is a blatant, outright liar.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Can't get the site to open.

Just from what I consider elections to be about, logic dictates that elections are "rigged" for the rich. The rich buy advertising to support their preferred candidate. The rich make large donations to campaign finance. The rich get special access to the politicians. The rich get special treatment by the politician after he/she is elected. A little common sense goes a long way when thinking about this subject.

Show me a politician that says he/she is for the little people, for the poor, for the downtrodden, for the underpriveledged, and I will show you a politician that is a blatant, outright liar.

Obama was just on TV saying he is for all those issues...ha,ha

DJ Sportscards
06-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Obama was just on TV saying he is for all those issues...ha,ha

That was the blatant liar he was talking about the most LOL!

duwal
06-20-2012, 08:42 PM
B) If people vote for the person with the most (false) advertisements, then there is a bigger problem.

yet its 100% true, the more you raise and spend the more support you'll get from your party and your followers. If people actually cared about the issues then they wouldn't put so much emphasis on if the candidate was a republican, democrat or independent

mrveggieman
06-21-2012, 08:16 AM
yet its 100% true, the more you raise and spend the more support you'll get from your party and your followers. If people actually cared about the issues then they wouldn't put so much emphasis on if the candidate was a republican, democrat or independent

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

shrewsbury
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
If people actually cared about the issues then they wouldn't put so much emphasis on if the candidate was a republican, democrat or independent

but how the issue is handled is based upon your political view points

mrveggieman
06-21-2012, 08:34 AM
but how the issue is handled is based upon your political view points

On the cool I really don't care for how the republicans or the democrats handle most of the issues.

pghin08
06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Newt, just shut up. Seriously, how is this guy still relevant? He was a destructive force in the House for decades, he went to the John Edwards school of marriage (and actually did Edwards one better, by cheating on TWO wives), and he's as pompous and arrogant as it gets. Literally, the only thing I like about Newt Gingrich is that he enjoys animals. What I found so particularly appalling during this campaign was that my two least favorite politicians (Gingrich and Santorum) garnered so much Republican support.

I would rather elect Mitt Romney President for life than have Newt Gingrich in office for a day.