PDA

View Full Version : This is why Everyone Calls Americans Greedy.

andrewhoya
06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/jetblue-passengers-sue-ai_n_1593222.html

They are suing to 'gain information'. Seriously? You already got a refund and a free roundtrip flight. Leave it at that and move on. There is a reason why we are hated by so many countries. It is because we are greedy Americans who will do anything for a little fame and money.

Star_Cards
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
who am I to say who someone should or would react to being on the plane with the captain flipping out and telling people there's a bomb on board, but a lawsuit seems to be rather extreme. I guess if they can prove that the airline had knowledge that the captain was a risk they may have some sort of case.

Frantiic
06-14-2012, 09:32 AM
thats insane.. i would be scared to death, but i would not sue them.. maybe if there indeed was a bomb onboard. some people do get lucky when doing stuff like this. happend before, and im sure it will happen again.

shrewsbury
06-14-2012, 10:15 AM
americans? we see a very small number of people doing something dumb and we all get stereotyped as the same.

andrewhoya
06-14-2012, 10:18 AM
americans? we see a very small number of people doing something dumb and we all get stereotyped as the same.

Exactly. These greedy things make the headlines while the good Samaritan acts do not. Foreigners see these all the time and call us crazy.

Frantiic
06-14-2012, 10:24 AM
yep. you guys are crazy ... J/K . We have the same in Sweden. I think its that way in every country. especially being so close to Denmark who have a couple POV's that we dont share, and we get dragged into it because they think we are the same country. Only a bridge is keeping us connected lol.

Rockman
06-14-2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/jetblue-passengers-sue-ai_n_1593222.html

They are suing to 'gain information'. Seriously? You already got a refund and a free roundtrip flight. Leave it at that and move on. There is a reason why we are hated by so many countries. It is because we are greedy Americans who will do anything for a little fame and money.

Agree with the bolded part, however honestly I don't really think this is the best example. I can't really blame them for suing, if the outburst came from a passenger that's one thing, but you can't have a pilot ranting on an airplane like that mid flight.

habsheaven
06-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Should they not feel grateful for how the co-pilot and flight attendants acted in averting a disaster?

It has been a common perception in Canada ever since I was a child that Americans are "sue happy" and will sue over anything. As the years have passed I have noticed we are becoming the same way to a lesser degree.

andrewhoya
06-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Agree with the bolded part, however honestly I don't really think this is the best example. I can't really blame them for suing, if the outburst came from a passenger that's one thing, but you can't have a pilot ranting on an airplane like that mid flight.

No, there are better examples, but I just saw this and thought I'd share.

andrewhoya
06-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Should they not feel grateful for how the co-pilot and flight attendants acted in averting a disaster?

It has been a common perception in Canada ever since I was a child that Americans are "sue happy" and will sue over anything. As the years have passed I have noticed we are becoming the same way to a lesser degree.

Sue happy. That's a great way to put it.