PDA

View Full Version : Any musicians out there?

Frantiic
06-15-2012, 06:05 AM
never really seen a topic about it. so here we go!

Do we have any musicians on the forums? If so, what do you play? what music do you like etc?

I play drums in a band called Six Million Ways (to break a guys nose) we play post-hardcore melodic death blast beat pop metal .,. hope that makes sense lol. We sound like a big mixture of A day to remember, Devils wear prada, Texas in july, August burns red etc. i love to listen to that type of music, aswell as play it! Cool and heavy break-downs etc.

my favorite band is Metallica! Loved them since i was 6 i think. Seen them live over 30 times. i also collect Metallica items. CD's, Vinyls etc.

Robin

cool-vintage
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I have been playing guitar for about 4 months. Sadly I still haven't learned a song. I like music similar to the bands you listed,some of my favorites include: A Day to Remeber, The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath, A Past Unknown, and The Ghost Inside

Jazzer540
06-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I am a professional musician. finishing my Doctorate in Jazz trumpet. If you all like Jazz music... www.UbanMusic.com (it's outdated by a few years!) or itunes - album, SHIFT IN TIMES. -Jeff

Frantiic
06-15-2012, 11:06 AM
nice one! keep practice mate, stuff will come. I started playing guitar a couple of years ago. it takes time to learn everything. patterns, chords, play fast and slow etc. build it up. i started out learning "rockin in the free world" and other easy songs just to get the hang of things. and everything went just straight up after that.

i did the mistake of putting the guitar to the side when i got stuck somewhere in the middle of a song and got mad. stay cool and continue and everything will fall into place.

Frantiic
06-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I am a professional musician. finishing my Doctorate in Jazz trumpet. If you all like Jazz music... www.UbanMusic.com (http://www.UbanMusic.com) (it's outdated by a few years!) or itunes - album, SHIFT IN TIMES. -Jeff

Nice going man! Same here, i majored in music in school. now im gonna get my degree in musicknowledge or whatever it's called in english lol. Im aiming to be a producer :) im well on my way !

Hope eveything works out for ya man! Jazz is not my strong side, but i sure enjoy listening to Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane from time to time and of course Mr Art Blakey!!

pghin08
06-15-2012, 01:11 PM
never really seen a topic about it. so here we go!

Do we have any musicians on the forums? If so, what do you play? what music do you like etc?

I play drums in a band called Six Million Ways (to break a guys nose) we play post-hardcore melodic death blast beat pop metal .,. hope that makes sense lol. We sound like a big mixture of A day to remember, Devils wear prada, Texas in july, August burns red etc. i love to listen to that type of music, aswell as play it! Cool and heavy break-downs etc.

my favorite band is Metallica! Loved them since i was 6 i think. Seen them live over 30 times. i also collect Metallica items. CD's, Vinyls etc.

Robin

That's what I love about Sweden. You guys are REAL about your metal over there. I saw In Flames last time they were in town. I always enjoy their shows.

Frantiic
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
That's what I love about Sweden. You guys are REAL about your metal over there. I saw In Flames last time they were in town. I always enjoy their shows.

In Flames FTW!! Great band, and awesome people. seen them a couple of times, Anders and Björn, The singer and the lead guitarist are awesome. we drank a couple beers together and shared war stories. pretty awesome!

All Americans who loves metal need to visit sweden. i think we are one of the bigger if not the biggest metal exports in the world. After US that is.

pghin08
06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
In Flames FTW!! Great band, and awesome people. seen them a couple of times, Anders and Björn, The singer and the lead guitarist are awesome. we drank a couple beers together and shared war stories. pretty awesome!

All Americans who loves metal need to visit sweden. i think we are one of the bigger if not the biggest metal exports in the world. After US that is.

I've always loved Sweden for the metal!

Frantiic
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I've always loved Sweden for the metal!

Only for the Metal? haha.

What kind of metal do you like? or bands? If you use Spotify or some other online music thingy, lmk and i will send you a list of awesome bands you just have to listen to.

theonedru
06-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Only for the Metal?

Sweden has some of the best musicians on the world stage currently, for instance

Miike Snow - Amazing electronic/pop/rock however you want to categorize them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oKQSAt4c4c&feature=g-like

Frantiic
06-24-2012, 06:56 AM
yeh, they are good . i like the "indie" type of music aswell. death cab for cuties etc. lots of cool and relaxing bands.

CarlosBeltran3
06-28-2012, 01:48 AM
I have taken piano lessons for 4 years and I play Tenor Saxophone in the school band. I love big band music!