View Full Version : Who Plays Golf?

rednecksims
06-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Need some info on some clubs.

Thanks
David

pghin08
06-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Not sure that what I do could be considered golf.

Frantiic
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Not sure that what I do could be considered golf.

LOL

Aiming for old people at the cafeteria? That's what i do :)

What information do you seek my good Sir? maybe i can help you out. Been playing on and off for 10 years.

rednecksims
06-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Basically wanting to know what everyone suggest for beginner clubs. I havent played golf in 10 years so I have to relearn everything. I see that now there are hybrid clubs and such.

Thanks
David

StatusOne
06-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Honestly depends on the price range. If you're JUST starting back up and aren't sure if you'll be that serious then any cheap beginner's set will do ($200) that you can find at Sports Authority/Costco/etc. If you want to be a little more involved then let me know because then I'll have to post a ton more (brand names, types, etc).

Hybrids have been in now for the past 5-10 years. Are you talking about hybrid irons (ones where the long irons are hybrids) or hybrid woods? Either way, they're much more forgiving than a long iron or normal fairway wood. However, I'm a bit old school and don't use hybrids (might one day if desperate enough).

rednecksims
06-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Honestly depends on the price range. If you're JUST starting back up and aren't sure if you'll be that serious then any cheap beginner's set will do ($200) that you can find at Sports Authority/Costco/etc. If you want to be a little more involved then let me know because then I'll have to post a ton more (brand names, types, etc).

Hybrids have been in now for the past 5-10 years. Are you talking about hybrid irons (ones where the long irons are hybrids) or hybrid woods? Either way, they're much more forgiving than a long iron or normal fairway wood. However, I'm a bit old school and don't use hybrids (might one day if desperate enough).

I'm mostly going to play for fun with some buddies about once a week. I'm trying to keep it under 350. I was talking about the irons. They must have become popular right after I stopped playing. I'm open to mix and matching my clubs as well.

Thanks
David

FlyersFan
06-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Go to the local Goodwill and get some for $30 - $40 that way when you get pissed and throw your clubs in the water hazard your not out a lot.........LOL

StatusOne
06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
If you're looking just for irons and are interested in hybrids. I'd go to a local pro shop and just try one of the demo clubs to see how they feel. If it feels good you could just get one to replace a 3 iron and if you really love them eventually replace a 5 iron as well (although I'd recommend just keeping the 5 iron at minimum).

rednecksims
06-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Go to the local Goodwill and get some for $30 - $40 that way when you get pissed and throw your clubs in the water hazard your not out a lot.........LOL

Lol

rednecksims
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
If you're looking just for irons and are interested in hybrids. I'd go to a local pro shop and just try one of the demo clubs to see how they feel. If it feels good you could just get one to replace a 3 iron and if you really love them eventually replace a 5 iron as well (although I'd recommend just keeping the 5 iron at minimum).

Thanks for the info. Never used hybrids but I've read they are easier than irons to hit.

David

pghin08
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm a big fan of Adams Golf. I got my clubs for about $350 (Irons-one hybrid, wedges, putter, and Driver/3 Wood/5 Wood). I'd strongly recommend looking at them.

AThrash37DSnyder
06-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I got my entire set for about $200

Powerbilt clubs :)

rednecksims
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm a big fan of Adams Golf. I got my clubs for about $350 (Irons-one hybrid, wedges, putter, and Driver/3 Wood/5 Wood). I'd strongly recommend looking at them.

I've narrowed it down to three sets and Adams is one of them. I do like the price point on them. I'll have to see how they feel.

Thanks
David

NY Sports Teams
06-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm mostly going to play for fun with some buddies about once a week. I'm trying to keep it under 350. I was talking about the irons. They must have become popular right after I stopped playing. I'm open to mix and matching my clubs as well.

Thanks
David

As long as you bring along a good foot wedge you should have no problem breaking 350.

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/NY_Sports_Teams/Misc/footwedge.jpg

...Rick