PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any information about this John Cena Card?

Greengoblin782
06-18-2012, 06:25 PM
I was looking over eBay for John Cena cards I need for my PC and stumbled across this auction. Does anyone have any information about the card? If you can take a look at the auction and let me know what you guys think I would appreciate it. Just don't want to buy it and it is fake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Cena-signed-5x7-Chain-Gang-Click-card-/230812176131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bd7a4f03

dquechua
06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
For me it's fake, it's just a picture signed.
All WWE card there is WWE logo on card

geoffyb
06-18-2012, 07:20 PM
no idea. fake card, possibly real signature but for the $10 i am doubting it. still a unique item for the pc

Greengoblin782
06-18-2012, 09:03 PM
I wrote to the seller and this is what he had to say. Can anyone tell if his story is true?

Sure thing. Back in 2005, WWE Shop sold a John Cena Chain Gang Click package. The people that bought them got a shirt, hat, signed card and a year subscription to a website created for Cena. Now the site didn't last long, and people use to complain they they never received the cards. Since I worked for WWE, I had 'extra' cards in my hands to give to customers that didn't get one. But since the program died, I was left with a bunch of cards on my hands. Now I'm sharing with the fans.

Of course don't tell I worked for WWE, don't want any trouble.

ajw9356
06-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Why not, you collect him? What are you really risking. Not to sneeze at $10, but really, it's not a life changing amount. I'd guess this would be like a minor league promotion type deal that didn't work, it appears there is a copyright on the right side of the card.

Greengoblin782
06-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Why not, you collect him? What are you really risking. Not to sneeze at $10, but really, it's not a life changing amount. I'd guess this would be like a minor league promotion type deal that didn't work, it appears there is a copyright on the right side of the card.

I don't mind spending the $10.00 because it will be one of the cheapest cards I purchased of him in a few months. I just don't feel like buying a fake autograph.

kosar19browns
06-18-2012, 10:29 PM
My rule is if you even have to think about it, or question it, I don't do it.

imthegrinch
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
i remember alot of wwe merch and i dont remember this 1. i think they did have a this program for alil but never saw the items so its a coin flip i think.

geoffyb
06-18-2012, 11:51 PM
if you ever have to question an autograph on ebay 99% of the time it is going to be fake

MCXC1987
06-19-2012, 08:59 AM
While I don't think its a real card obviously, I do recall WWE sold some sort of package that included a signed picture. I don't recall what the picture looked like or if they even showed it, but I do remember them selling a chain gang package of some sort that you could pretty much become a member and an autograph was included back when I had started watching WWE again so 2005-2006ish would by my guess.

EDIT: After reading the reply from the seller it pretty much was on with my post. 2005 seemed right because that was the first time I got back into wrestling since i was a kid and he was the top guy in the company so I was looking to get an autograph of him. Again, never actually saw a picture from the package but they def. included a signed photo which was the only reason I was looking.

impactwrestling
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
http://160814.goodprice10.supersale.us.com/

id say its legit. granted, its not the same card in this package, but at least you know that packages like the seller described exists. id ask for a scan of the back of the card.

and to a bigger stretch, call/email wwe headquarters and ask. if its fake, theyll have it pulled most likely.

K.C._Royals!
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
the seller is in Norwalk, CT (close to the Titan Tower) and if you look at his feedback, he has sold a lot of WWE stuff with 100% feedback.... I'd say it is legit.

oh, by the way, Goblin... I was checking out your Bucket and saw a scan of a 2011 Finest Freshmen #FFR14 - Eric Hosmer ($8.00) card.
Do you still have that? I would like to trade for it if it is available. I can also use that 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractors #69 - Billy Butler #/500 ($1.25) I saw if you still have that one.

lmk

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i185/quintonarledge/GU%20and%20AU%20For%20Trade/