PDA

View Full Version : Southern Baptists elect 1st Black president

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Your thoughts:

http://www.ajc.com/lifestyle/southern-baptists-elect-1st-1460135.html

shrewsbury
06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
cool, but i have never seen southern baptist that were racist. but maybe because i am in ohio and not the south?

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 08:50 AM
cool, but i have never seen southern baptist that were racist. but maybe because i am in ohio and not the south?

I have heard stories of the southern baptist being racist and homophobic but I am not an expert on the extent of their bigotry. I don't really know the guy that they elected president but hopefully he will stand up for the right things.

OnePimpTiger
06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I was raised southern baptist and, as with anywhere in the south, racism is around, but not nearly as prevalent as is often portrayed. I would say consistently throughout the 24 years I was a member, half the people in my church were transplants from up north and/or Florida.

duwal
06-20-2012, 08:30 PM
maybe he is like Clayton Bigsby, a black white supremacist

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/clayton-bigsby.jpg

mrveggieman
06-21-2012, 08:10 AM
maybe he is like Clayton Bigsby, a black white supremacist

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/clayton-bigsby.jpg

Ha Ha. I really want to comment on that one but if I say what's on my mind I will get banned from here. :sign0020:

AUTaxMan
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
I have heard stories of the southern baptist being racist and homophobic but I am not an expert on the extent of their bigotry. I don't really know the guy that they elected president but hopefully he will stand up for the right things.

Of course people from all walks of like are bigoted. I would say that Southern Baptists are probably less bigoted than the general public because of their religion.

duwal
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Ha Ha. I really want to comment on that one but if I say what's on my mind I will get banned from here. :sign0020:

yeah I knew I couldn't post any Youtube clips from the skit so the still photo had to suffice

Gorillawits
06-25-2012, 06:24 PM
If he is genuine that would be great. Alot of Baptists ministers are members of cults outside their churches like Billy Graham.

*censored*
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
If he is genuine that would be great. Alot of Baptists ministers are members of cults outside their churches like Billy Graham.

Seriously?

AUTaxMan
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM

Say what?

Gorillawits
06-25-2012, 11:48 PM
For those who don't know Billy Graham is a mason. They are one of the largest cults in the United States and they came out of the Catholic Church during the crusades. They used to be called the Knights Templer.

PDawson21
06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Happy for Dr. LEUTER. Awesome guy! Cant wait to see what he does for the SBC

AUTaxMan
06-26-2012, 12:34 AM
For those who don't know Billy Graham is a mason. They are one of the largest cults in the United States and they came out of the Catholic Church during the crusades. They used to be called the Knights Templer.

The masons are not a cult. They are a fraternal organization.

cavaliersfan30
06-26-2012, 12:38 AM
maybe he is like clayton bigsby, a black white supremacist

awesome!!

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 04:36 AM
The masons are not a cult. They are a fraternal organization.

They are a cult, they worshiped Bophomet in the crusades. The Catholic church only chose to punish a select few when the Knights Templer lost the Holy Land to the muslims. Most that were executed was because of a deal that the King of France made with the pope. Aparently the King owned a huge sum to the Knights Templer and he did not want to pay it back. The rest got to change their names to other groups like they did in Spain-Portugaul, but remained the same cult they were from the begening under new names. Many Knights Templer went to Scotland (Scottish Rite of Masonry), Switserland (Bankers).

Like all cults the Masons are only chairtible to eachother. They hide in plain site, so people think they are good people.

Now I would like to now if this man who was elected was a Mason or not. If he is, then he is just another wolf in sheeps clothing.

AUTaxMan
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
They are a cult, they worshiped Bophomet in the crusades. The Catholic church only chose to punish a select few when the Knights Templer lost the Holy Land to the muslims. Most that were executed was because of a deal that the King of France made with the pope. Aparently the King owned a huge sum to the Knights Templer and he did not want to pay it back. The rest got to change their names to other groups like they did in Spain-Portugaul, but remained the same cult they were from the begening under new names. Many Knights Templer went to Scotland (Scottish Rite of Masonry), Switserland (Bankers).

Like all cults the Masons are only chairtible to eachother. They hide in plain site, so people think they are good people.

Now I would like to now if this man who was elected was a Mason or not. If he is, then he is just another wolf in sheeps clothing.

Who do they worship now? Are you saying that no masons are good people?

*censored*
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow, who let Pat Robertson in when we weren't looking?

AUTaxMan
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow, who let Pat Robertson in when we weren't looking?

no kidding.

mrveggieman
06-26-2012, 03:23 PM

Links??? Proof????

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Links??? Proof????

Just watch the history channel or look up the Knights Templer.
Pat Robertson is a good buddy of Billy Graham and he is a mason as well.

PDawson21
06-26-2012, 05:22 PM
History Channel? You must be joking. Besides, Pat Robertson is of kind off the deep end

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 05:45 PM
History Channel? You must be joking. Besides, Pat Robertson is of kind off the deep end

So the history channel is just all lies? are you a conspiracy theorist that thinks the history channel is out to get you?

*censored*
06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Says the guy who thinks human sacrifice is still ongoing and that the masons are an evil cult?

Methinks thou hast read too much David Icke.

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Says the guy who thinks human sacrifice is still ongoing and that the masons are an evil cult?

Methinks thou hast read too much David Icke.

David Icke is just a nutball heathen who beleives in aliens. David Icke is your friend and is on your side.

ildd
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
David Icke is just a nutball heathen who beleives in aliens. David Icke is your friend and is on your side.
Why does each of your sentences involve the word "atheist" or "heathen"? I believe in aliens, but the news spreads slow billions of lightyears away, so they just found out that there are valuble resources on earth. They should be here in another billion lightyears.
mark it.

Wickabee
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Do you know any words other than "heathen" gorillatwit?

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Do you know any words other than "heathen" gorillatwit?

Its fun saying it right now, atheist is a watered down way of saying heathen. "Atheist" makes a person out to be innocent when "heathen" actualy gets to the point of what an "atheist" heart has in it.

ildd
06-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Its fun saying it right now, atheist is a watered down way of saying heathen. "Atheist" makes a person out to be innocent .
So why would an "atheist" not be "innocent"?

*censored*
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM

Says the guy who insists there are still influential masses of people who worship Molech.

If this is the most epic act of trolling ever seen in this forum, I applaud you.

If this is serious and you actually believe what you are typing, I pity you.

AUTaxMan
06-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Says the guy who insists there are still influential masses of people who worship Molech.

If this is the most epic act of trolling ever seen in this forum, I applaud you.

If this is serious and you actually believe what you are typing, I pity you.

I've never seen a thread on here unite so many with such drastically opposing viewpoints.

*censored*
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
I've never seen a thread on here unite so many with such drastically opposing viewpoints.

Kumbaya, fellow SCF member, Kumbaya...

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 04:09 AM
The only way for a christian not to be a troll in the eyes of atheists, is to renounce Christ and join them in their sin.

shrewsbury
06-27-2012, 09:00 AM
gorillawits, you are so far off it isn't even funny.

I am far from a troll, never been called a troll, and I am Christian.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 09:21 AM

I'm way off from what? With vague statements like that you sound more like an atheist then a christian. A christian would be able to point off how I am supposedly off, but you mention nothing.

ildd
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm way off from what? With vague statements like that you sound more like an atheist then a christian. A christian would be able to point off how I am supposedly off, but you mention nothing.
You are so far off that your the coyote that just walked off a cliff and stayed in the air for 12 seconds before falling.

shrewsbury
06-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Well apparently not only do you have a huge chip on your shoulder, but it's so big that you can't even see any more.

your post above mine states,

The only way for a christian not to be a troll in the eyes of atheists, is to renounce Christ and join them in their sin.

and mine below that stated,

pretty easy to figure out.

Also you need to calm down on your name calling, there is just no need for it.

And I have a feeling you do not know what a Christian sounds like, looks like, talks like, or anything else, but I could be wrong, but then again, I doubt it.

And if you want to start a thread to debate that, go ahead. I would love to see you post without the name calling and blanket statements, so if you are up to that, we could have a wonderful debate.

take care and realize no one here is after you nor wants to destroy what you believe in, but we do have the right to our own opinions, no different that Peter and Paul, two great Christians with two different points of views.

mrveggieman
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 10:19 AM

Well apparently not only do you have a huge chip on your shoulder, but it's so big that you can't even see any more.

your post above mine states,

and mine below that stated,

pretty easy to figure out.

Also you need to calm down on your name calling, there is just no need for it.

And I have a feeling you do not know what a Christian sounds like, looks like, talks like, or anything else, but I could be wrong, but then again, I doubt it.

And if you want to start a thread to debate that, go ahead. I would love to see you post without the name calling and blanket statements, so if you are up to that, we could have a wonderful debate.

take care and realize no one here is after you nor wants to destroy what you believe in, but we do have the right to our own opinions, no different that Peter and Paul, two great Christians with two different points of views.

Yes but Paul had to correct Peter because Peter was wrong at times. And are you saying Paul was suppose to let Peter just stay in the wrong?

Yes I do have two chips on my shoulders. One from the suffering I have had to endure from the heathen that enjoys watching me suffer and the false church that could have provided me the help so I would not have to needlesly suffer. "be angry and sin not".

Name calling, did you ever read the bible and see all the "name calling" from the prophets and Jesus Himself? Are you saying Elijah was wrong when he mocked ther prophets of Baal? How about when Jesus called the pharasees "vipers". Are saying Jesus was arrogant because He fllipped over the money changers tables and whipped them?

How can you debate abortion without being fully honest and straight to the heart of the issue?

An atheist is the one that called me out to start this thread. If he didn't want to see what I had to say, he should have never asked me to speak.

Edit: No on is forcing atheists to read any of this or to reply. If they don't want to talk to me they don't have to read this or reply. There are dozens of posts I avoid. Others can do the same.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 10:25 AM
What exaclty is that suppose to mean?

*censored*
06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Just watch the history channel or look up the Knights Templer.
Pat Robertson is a good buddy of Billy Graham and he is a mason as well.

Oh. Well then. I am sorry to have misidentified you, Rev. Phelps.

shrewsbury
06-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes I do have two chips on my shoulders. One from the suffering I have had to endure from the heathen that enjoys watching me suffer and the false church that could have provided me the help so I would not have to needlesly suffer. "be angry and sin not".

nobody on here has made you suffer, so perhaps you can take it out on the people responsible.

Paul and Peter were two different people with two different views on christianity.

Also, you may have forgot what Jesus taught, as you seem to have no issue casting the first stone.

PDawson21
06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Jesus also taught forgiveness, maybe you should give that a try instead of taking out your anger on people for no reason what-so-ever.

Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh. Well then. I am sorry to have misidentified you, Rev. Phelps.

Phelps is your allie in your war against Jesus. He is just a cult leader that uses the bible to make money.

nobody on here has made you suffer, so perhaps you can take it out on the people responsible.
Paul and Peter were two different people with two different views on christianity.
Also, you may have forgot what Jesus taught, as you seem to have no issue casting the first stone.

People here mock me for no reason, they have the exact same hearts as the people who caused my suffering and say the same things. So I give it back to them with honest truth.

You seem to forget that the man was not taken with the women who commited adultery. They were going to let him off scot free. Had these been rightoes men they would have take both the man and woman to Jesus. Also these men were hypocrites because Jesus wrote down sins that they commited that showed they were worthy of stoing themselves. They also never gave the woman a chance to repent like the Tanahk says. The Tanahk says to spare those who repent.

So athiest mock me for no reason and you are cheering them on and bascially telling me to shut my mouth.

Jesus also taught forgiveness, maybe you should give that a try instead of taking out your anger on people for no reason what-so-ever.

Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Jesus taught forgivness for those who ask for it. None of these people have asked for my forgivness for getting mouthy with me. I have not slandered anyone, the truth is not slander.

Acording to what you are saying Jesus is going to forgive everyone wether they repent or not.

pghin08
06-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Phelps is your allie in your war against Jesus. He is just a cult leader that uses the bible to make money.

People here mock me for no reason, they have the exact same hearts as the people who caused my suffering. So I give it back to them with honest truth. As for you, you are a hypocrite like the men who wanted to stone the women. They were all just as guilty as she was of the death penatly. They did not bother to bring the man before Jesus that she commited adultery with.

When they chose between Jesus and Barabas you would have picked Barabas.

Jesus taught forgivness for those who ask for it. None of these people have asked for my forgivness for getting mouthy with me. I have not slandered anyone, the truth is not slander. You dont; serve Jesus so you ake the side of athiest and give them free passes to say whatever they want.

So are you against free speech?

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
So are you against free speech?

So you think atheist have a right to bear false witness, pick fights without just cause and call it Free speech?

habsheaven
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
So you think atheist have a right to bear false witness and pick fights without just cause?

Atheists have a right to state their beliefs just like you do. As for "false witness"; that sounds more like you than any atheist.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Atheists have a right to state their beliefs just like you do. As for "false witness"; that sounds more like you than any atheist.

False witness to what? Don't give a vague statement like that. Show what you are basing it on.

habsheaven
06-27-2012, 10:29 PM
False witness to what? Don't give a vague statement like that. Show what you are basing it on.

I am basing it on all the false accusations you have made against many members of this site. Every reply you make is accusing this member or that member of being something they are not. Then you have the audacity to say it isn't slander because it is the truth. Whose truth? The truth as you see it? That is hardly truth, it's closer to delusion.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM
I am basing it on all the false accusations you have made against many members of this site. Every reply you make is accusing this member or that member of being something they are not. Then you have the audacity to say it isn't slander because it is the truth. Whose truth? The truth as you see it? That is hardly truth, it's closer to delusion.

What false acusations have been made? So me the facts, not your opinon. Was it big bang that told you it was a delusion?

shrewsbury
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
well you can first look at what you have called me, that surely is not truth.

you want to state you know more, or some great secret, or some great way we don't know, then as I stated earlier, start a thread on what a christian is.

You think you can use the bible to prove you are right, then lets see it. But remember all of us here have a right to our opinion whether it differs from yours. And us stated our opinion is not an attack on you.

and remember the name calling is not needed

habsheaven
06-27-2012, 10:50 PM
What false acusations have been made? So me the facts, not your opinon.

I'm not going back to point out every instance where you accused someone of being or associating with something they are not. Each of them has already stated the errors of your thinking. I will however point out the one you have accused almost everyone of though; loving abortion. You could not be more WRONG. That is a FACT, not an opinion. How do I know it is a fact? I know it because I know myself and I know the other people on here that I have conversed with for many months.

I am glad I do not consider myself a christian any longer because if I did I would have to lay claim to you as a representation of my faith and that would be a terrible burden to bear.

Sorry Mods, but that had to be said.

Edit: I see you added more text to your comment. No, the Big Bang does not speak to me. Where do you keep coming up with these ludicrous thoughts?

pghin08
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
So you think atheist have a right to bear false witness, pick fights without just cause and call it Free speech?

I think any person of any religion has the right to espouse their beliefs, or perhaps lack thereof.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 11:07 PM
well you can first look at what you have called me, that surely is not truth.

you want to state you know more, or some great secret, or some great way we don't know, then as I stated earlier, start a thread on what a christian is.

You think you can use the bible to prove you are right, then lets see it. But remember all of us here have a right to our opinion whether it differs from yours. And us stated our opinion is not an attack on you.

and remember the name calling is not needed

I will start a thread on what a christian is. Don't remember everyhting I said about you and it would take me awhile to search through all the post. But I bascially remember you take the side of atheists and think you christians are suppose to love their sin.

I'm not going back to point out every instance where you accused someone of being or associating with something they are not. Each of them has already stated the errors of your thinking. I will however point out the one you have accused almost everyone of though; loving abortion. You could not be more WRONG. That is a FACT, not an opinion. How do I know it is a fact? I know it because I know myself and I know the other people on here that I have conversed with for many months.

I am glad I do not consider myself a christian any longer because if I did I would have to lay claim to you as a representation of my faith and that would be a terrible burden to bear.

Sorry Mods, but that had to be said.

Edit: I see you added more text to your comment. No, the Big Bang does not speak to me. Where do you keep coming up with these ludicrous thoughts?

One guy said he opposed abortion, but that he wanted secularists in power and we know secularism leads to legalizing abortion. So he is not realy against abortion. That is like the "pro-life" people who voted for Ralph Nader and Nader supports abortion.

Also why would somone who "hated" abortion support it? If you hate some thing doesn't that meam you would oppose it? There is only two choices when it comes to abortion, loving it or hating it, which is supporting it or opposing it. If you hate it like I do then you oppose it. If you love it you will support it. Same way, you either love Jesus or hate him, you are either for Him or against Him. He says there is no inbetween.

Wickabee
06-27-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to say this and if I get reprimanded so be it.

Where do you get off with this crap? I have seen nothing from you but self-righteousness, prejudice, bigotry, hatred and anger. To cap all that off you don't put an ounce of thought into what anyone else says, shown in your nonsensical responses, and seem to put even less thought into your own. Everyone has a right to their beliefs and opinions and I don't consider you any different. The problem is you make sweeping generalizations that can't possibly be true. I alone have been called an atheist, a heathen and a religious follower of Socrates (still don't get that one). Unfortunately for me, you have every right to say those things. Unfortunately for you, I have the right to call you out on your hate-filled heart. You claim to be Christian, you claim to be pronouncing the truth. All I've seen is hatred and it actually makes me sad for you. I hope one day you deal with whatever issues make you so angry. I hope one day you will see it's not right to be so prejudiced and bigoted. If you keep on like this, you're going to get to the pearly gates and be told to leave, because I cannot for the life of me even imagine a God would be okay with someone having so much hatred inside them.

That kind of hatred is the work of Satan.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 11:30 PM

Where do you get off with this crap? I have seen nothing from you but self-righteousness, prejudice, bigotry, hatred and anger. To cap all that off you don't put an ounce of thought into what anyone else says, shown in your nonsensical responses, and seem to put even less thought into your own. Everyone has a right to their beliefs and opinions and I don't consider you any different. The problem is you make sweeping generalizations that can't possibly be true. I alone have been called an atheist, a heathen and a religious follower of Socrates (still don't get that one). Unfortunately for me, you have every right to say those things. Unfortunately for you, I have the right to call you out on your hate-filled heart. You claim to be Christian, you claim to be pronouncing the truth. All I've seen is hatred and it actually makes me sad for you. I hope one day you deal with whatever issues make you so angry. I hope one day you will see it's not right to be so prejudiced and bigoted. If you keep on like this, you're going to get to the pearly gates and be told to leave, because I cannot for the life of me even imagine a God would be okay with someone having so much hatred inside them.

Well I do not think you should be punished for posting that. You claim you do not follow the teachings of Socrates yet you embrace "logic". Did you ever bother to look up where "'logic" came from? Logic was a teaching of Socrates. It was man's was of thinking of what life is about without acknolweging God. "there is no God, so I do what I feel like". It was meant to justify doing whatever you want to, without facing consequences for your actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristotle

Basically you ares saying the only way to "love" is to hate good and love evil.

Look at what the bible says is okay to hate.

Job 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Wickabee
06-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Well I do not think you should be punished for posting that. You claim you do not follow the teachings of Socrates yet you embrace "logic". Did you ever bother to look up where "'logic" came from? Logic was a teaching of Socrates. It was man's was of thinking of what life is about without acknolweging God. "there is no God, so I do what I feel like". It was meant to justify doing whatever you want to, without facing consequences for your actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristotle

Look at what the bible says is okay to hate.

Job 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
I don't care who explained it first, using logic doesn't mean I'm following anyone. Also, atheism isn't necessary for logic to exist, though you are making a strong argument.

And I've read Job, thanks.

As for this:

That is a flat out lie. I've never said anything close to it and you know it. So much for the truth.

mrveggieman
06-28-2012, 08:44 AM

shrewsbury
06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Gorillawits, why would you quote the OT?

If you are a Christian you are not of the old covenant, did Thomas or any of the other Apostles fear Jesus? They loved Him so much they laid their life down to follow Him and His teachings.

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Gorillawits, why would you quote the OT?

If you are a Christian you are not of the old covenant, did Thomas or any of the other Apostles fear Jesus? They loved Him so much they laid their life down to follow Him and His teachings.

So who is this god you follow? Jesus is in the Tanahk. If you throw out the Tanahk then you are saying you do not fear Jesus, which means you have no respect for Him.

Judas went to hell for foolishly killing himself while refusing to repent and accept the sacrafice of Jesus, look where is lack of fear got him.

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 10:00 AM
So who is this god you follow? Jesus is in the Tanahk. If you throw out the Tanahk then you are saying you do not fear Jesus, which means you have no respect for Him.

Judas went to hell for foolishly killing himself while refusing to repent and accept the sacrafice of Jesus, look where is lack of fear got him.

How is it you know Judas went to hell? Were you there taking attendance?

shrewsbury
06-28-2012, 11:11 AM
habs, I am unsure if it is worth the effort here. gorillawits keeps saying things that make no sense but claims we are the ones that don't know the truth.

gorillawits, what if i told you, judas was the closest of jesus apostles and had the hardest job of all of them. he could be in heaven with some serious rewards right now. and the best part is, he did not do what he did to get rewarded just did what he knew was right, just like Thomas.

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Jay I know. The more gorillawits posts, the more my appreciation for you and the others I debate with here grows :)

*censored*
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Doesn't the Bible essentially say Jesus had to die for the sins of humanity?

So, to save us from our sins, Judas had to give him up. And thus, shouldn't Judas be viewed as a hero?

Why would he be in hell for helping us all be absolved of our sins?

Can someone explain?

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 08:52 PM
How is it you know Judas went to hell? Were you there taking attendance?

Because he never repented before he died. Instead of asking Jesus to forgive him and repent of his betrayal, he killed himself because he did not want to feel guilty. Also Jesus said "it had been better that he (Judas) had never been born".

habs, I am unsure if it is worth the effort here. gorillawits keeps saying things that make no sense but claims we are the ones that don't know the truth.

gorillawits, what if i told you, judas was the closest of jesus apostles and had the hardest job of all of them. he could be in heaven with some serious rewards right now. and the best part is, he did not do what he did to get rewarded just did what he knew was right, just like Thomas.

Judas allowed satan to infulence him to betray Jesus, that is what it meant when it says "satan came into him". That doesn't mean he was possesed, it means he listend to the thought of getting that silver to betray Jesus.

So, to save us from our sins, Judas had to give him up. And thus, shouldn't Judas be viewed as a hero?

Can someone explain?

Yes Jesus had to suffer for man's sins. But had Judas not chosen to reject him, it would have never been written that this would happen. From what you are saying the Antichrist is a good guy, because it is prophisied he will come.

Judas is no hero, what he chose to do shows God knows what people will do even before they choose to do it. That is why it was written Jesus was to be betrayed.

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Because he never repented before he died. Instead of asking Jesus to forgive him and repent of his betrayal, he killed himself because he did not want to feel guilty. Also Jesus said "it had been better that he (Judas) had never been born".

Judas allowed satan to infulence him to betray Jesus, that is what it meant when it says "satan came into him". That doesn't mean he was possesed, it means he listend to the thought of getting that silver to betray Jesus.

Yes Jesus had to suffer for man's sins. But had Judas not chosen to reject him, it would have never been written that this would happen. From what you are saying the Antichrist is a good guy, because it is prophisied he will come.

Judas is no hero, what he chose to do shows God knows what people will do even before they choose to do it. That is why it was written Jesus was to be betrayed.

What kind of an answer is that? All that tells me is what you THINK. I asked how you KNOW.

Why do you insist on lying? The TRUTH is, you DO NOT KNOW.

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 09:39 PM
What kind of an answer is that? All that tells me is what you THINK. I asked how you KNOW.

Why do you insist on lying? The TRUTH is, you DO NOT KNOW.

Study to show thyself aproved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rigthly dividing the word of truth.

If I remember correctly aren't you the one that walked away for Jesus?

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Study to show thyself aproved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rigthly dividing the word of truth.

Chapter 1, Page 24: "History dwells on the rise of the Roman Empire, but it comes close to ignoring the fall."

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Chapter 1, Page 24: "History dwells on the rise of the Roman Empire, but it comes close to ignoring the fall."

So God told you to study the Roman Empire and that why you think Judas went to heaven?

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 09:50 PM
So God told you to study the Roman Empire and that why you think Judas went to heaven?

Try and keep up will ya. I have already told you I do not hear things from imaginary dieties. And who told you I thought Judas went to Heaven? Where do you get this stuff? I asked you how you KNOW Judas went to Hell. Did it ever occur to you that I may think Judas went in a hole in the ground and remains there to this very day.

Hopefully, if you last here long enough, you will learn to stop projecting.

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Try and keep up will ya. I have already told you I do not hear things from imaginary dieties. And who told you I thought Judas went to Heaven? Where do you get this stuff? I asked you how you KNOW Judas went to Hell. Did it ever occur to you that I may think Judas went in a hole in the ground and remains there to this very day.

Hopefully, if you last here long enough, you will learn to stop projecting.

So now you beleive Judas is alive and living in a hole in Isarel? Wow he has outlived Methusala for over 1,000 years.

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 10:28 PM
So now you beleive Judas is alive and living in a hole in Isarel? Wow he has outlived Methusala for over 1,000 years.

"History, whether purely factual or that wonderful synthetic thread woven into a folklore tapestry, is an integral part."

magic_bobcat
06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Im actually starting to enjoy the word heathen.

Gorillawits, or lackofwits, I really hope you're a caricature because I can't stand the thought you being real.

PDawson21
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM

Can someone explain?

That would be Mormonism I think. As they kind of praise Judas if I am not mistaken.

Even if he didn't give up Jesus, Jesus still would have died. Why would he get special treatment? We have all betrayed(if you have) loyalty to Jesus at some point. Judas never repented/trusted in Jesus ever. He always referred to him as Teacher but never referred him to as Lord.

Never heard someone ask that way, good question though.

Gorillawits
06-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Im actually starting to enjoy the word heathen.

Gorillawits, or lackofwits, I really hope you're a caricature because I can't stand the thought you being real.

Gorillawits is alive and well so I guess its :tongue0020: on you.

Wickabee
06-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Nowhere there did it say he'd be alive.

Gorillawits
06-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Nowhere there did it say he'd be alive.

He never said anything about him being dead either.

Wickabee
06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
He never said anything about him being dead either.
Logically, one would assume he's dead.

Of course, for you, logic (which as we all know is a religion claiming Socrates to be God) is evil and must be hated, much like everything and everyone on earth who isn't you. No, your "christendom" leads you to think he meant Judas would still be alive.

Do you at all see why I'm a bigger fan of logic than your particular brand of christendom?