PDA

View Full Version : Gay conservative group endorses romney

mrveggieman
06-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Isn't this some type of oxymoron?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gay-conservative-group-endorses-mitt-romney-134531669.html

Star_Cards
06-20-2012, 01:58 PM
a conservative homosexual tends to go against the political affiliation stereotypically, but it's not unheard of to have conservative or republican homosexuals.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Not all gay people are shills for the democrat party !

duwal
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM

yeah we all saw on Survivor that there was a strongly Republican homosexual male

JustAlex
06-20-2012, 10:29 PM
BOY....Gay Republican?!?!?

That's like having Chickens saying they endorse KFC!!!

This is by far the most deluded group in the U.S.

They support a party that openly rejects and discriminates them.....It's so insane!

Star_Cards
06-21-2012, 08:52 AM

why do you wish to call them shills? it's possible that they actually align more liberally in their views. Most gays that I know are way more liberal than the average republican.

Star_Cards
06-21-2012, 08:54 AM

They support a party that openly rejects and discriminates them.....It's so insane!

I wouldn't call gay republicans deluded. True, it's interesting to me that a person would support a party that typically fights against gay marriage, but to some gays I'm sure that issue is not at the top of their list and tend to have more conservative opinions on other topics that they deem more important.

pghin08
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
i wouldn't call gay republicans deluded. True, it's interesting to me that a person would support a party that typically fights against gay marriage, but to some gays i'm sure that issue is not at the top of their list and tend to have more conservative opinions on other topics that they deem more important.

+1

JustAlex
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't call gay republicans deluded. True, it's interesting to me that a person would support a party that typically fights against gay marriage, but to some gays I'm sure that issue is not at the top of their list and tend to have more conservative opinions on other topics that they deem more important.

Yeah, I see your point, but I'm still having a hard time understanding how an openly gay person can be a republican...

I mean, you can be a gay conservative (as weird as that sounds) but to be a gay republican means you are endorsing a party that actively works against you and other people like you.

It's not only the marriage thing.....we all know that a large portion of republicans are christians and they believe the gay lifestyle is an abomination!

Also, I heard a gay staffer from the Romney Campaign "resigned"...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/gay-romney-staffer-quits-after-activism-questioned-20120501

shrewsbury
06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
then what do republicans do that is against homosexuals?

now you are putting religion in politics, the one thing you seem to hate

Star_Cards
06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I see your point, but I'm still having a hard time understanding how an openly gay person can be a republican...

I mean, you can be a gay conservative (as weird as that sounds) but to be a gay republican means you are endorsing a party that actively works against you and other people like you.

It's not only the marriage thing.....we all know that a large portion of republicans are christians and they believe the gay lifestyle is an abomination!

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/gay-romney-staffer-quits-after-activism-questioned-20120501

I agree with you that it would seem gay marriage or gay rights in general would be at the top of my list if I were gay, but there are obviously some homosexuals that don't have the same opinion. A political party has a base of what it stands for but not everyone in that party or who affiliates themselves with it stand behind the parties view 100% on all topics.

JustAlex
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Great response to the NONSENSE of having a gay person be a Republican!

ib8Zovk26b8

"[Being a gay republican is like] being an African american during the civil war and endorsing the confederacy".

^YEP, that's how I look at it too...

shrewsbury
06-22-2012, 08:56 AM
then you look at things in a strange manner, slavery and gay rights are the same?

and by the way, who died for his major role in freeing the slaves?

the greatest republican ever

mrveggieman
06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
then you look at things in a strange manner, slavery and gay rights are the same?

And what have the republicans done for human rights in the last 50 years? Yes I appreciate what President Lincoln did but I wish that republicans would stop living in the past and start working on the future.

MadMan1978
06-22-2012, 09:30 AM

LIKED
damn we need the button

shrewsbury
06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
living in the past??? we are talking slavery, how much more living in the past can you get???

mrveggieman
06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
living in the past??? we are talking slavery, how much more living in the past can you get???

My point exactly. Whenever I talke to someone about why I don't care about the current incarnation of the republican party they are quick to pat themselves on the back about a republican president (lincoln) freed the slaves or that they played a role in the civil rights movement almost 50 years ago. Again I appreciate them for what they did but I am going to need the republican party to join the rest of us in the 21st century because none of the current republicans had anything to do with that.

shrewsbury
06-22-2012, 10:01 AM
well if you want to live in the present, besides increasing the black unemployment rate and giving false hope of change what has the dems done in the past 3 years to help the blacks?

making someone dependent for help is not the answer, they should be learning to fish not getting free fish and chips

mrveggieman
06-22-2012, 11:03 AM
well if you want to live in the present, besides increasing the black unemployment rate and giving false hope of change what has the dems done in the past 3 years to help the blacks?

making someone dependent for help is not the answer, they should be learning to fish not getting free fish and chips

It's not just blacks, but everyone is unemployed right now. Also the economy was tanking long before the dems took over the white house. They are simply cleaing up the mess that the republicans made.

shrewsbury
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
dems were in control for the last 2 years of bush, so doubt it is a republican mess.

sure unemployment is higher, but way higher for blacks in the last 3 years

is this because the dems are racist? is this because blacks thought they had a free ride with obama?

pghin08
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Sometimes I just have to laugh. It's like there's a gallon of milk spilled, and we're all just sitting around yelling about whose fault it is rather than getting a towel and cleaning it up.

shrewsbury
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
because it is easier to complain than do the work to fix it

theonedru
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Lincoln's association with the ending of slavery is embellished way more than what it truly was. He did not free all slaves, this is just a misnomer taught in schools, like the Americans true role in Vietnam. Politics is never as it seems

shrewsbury
06-22-2012, 04:27 PM
onedru, free all slaves? how about ended slavery, and no conspiracy, leftwing crap will make it different.

jlzinck
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM

Man...you should really save these posts so when you actually live your life you can come back, read what you wrote and giggle.

What is next? Are you going to spout your liberal disbelief if a black businessmen's association backs Romney?
OMG HOW CAN THEY DO THAT? BARACK IS BLACK? HOW CAN THEY SUPPORT WHITEY?

I'm a Christian and I believe that God has no issue with homosexuals. How can this be?

The Log Cabin Republicans will back the people whi they identify with.

Marriage is a religious union and according to you we heed to keep church and state apart.

IF I am correct, from our past conversations, you are of Hispanic descent correct? If so what it your view on Marco Rubio? Do you think Cubans will vote for Romney if he picks Marco as a running mate?

Bottom line is that you back who you are comfortable with.
Me I vore for the man or woman who will do the best job.
I voted for Clinton 2 times but would not have voted for him the 2nd time if the Republicans had a better candidate that Dole.

I voted for Bust 2 times because Gore was a horrible candidate and Kerry was even worse.

I voted for McCain but there was no stopping "hope and change".

Now there are more people who will vote for Romney this time that voted for Obama last time because the shine is off the chrome and they see that you can't run a country on flowery words.

jlzinck
06-22-2012, 07:56 PM
It's not just blacks, but everyone is unemployed right now. Also the economy was tanking long before the dems took over the white house. They are simply cleaing up the mess that the republicans made.

Typical sheeple response....Just like WE HAD A GREAT ECONOMY under Clinton, Bush ruined it.

Thing is it started to tank before Clinton left. Sheeple don't like to admit it.

Wickabee
06-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Romney is still the worse choice. He'll keep Mexicans from taking American jobs by making sure American jobs are done anywhere but America. I firmly believe that.

I also think "sheeple" is infinitely less clever a word than anyone who uses it seems to think it is.

JustAlex
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
What is next? Are you going to spout your liberal disbelief if a black businessmen's association backs Romney?
OMFG HOW CAN THEY DO THAT? BARACK IS BLACK? HOW CAN THEY SUPPORT WHITEY?

NO, as far as I know the GOP doesn't actively work against Black people the way they do against Gays.....you have to be blind not to see how anti-gay the GOP is.

IF I am correct, from our past conversations, you are of Hispanic descent correct? If so what it your view on Marco Rubio? Do you think Cubans will vote for Romney if he picks Marco as a running mate?

You are making an equivocation of nationalities and lifestyles?

It's just not the same.....I'm sure Cubans will support Romney if he picks Marco as a running mate.

But a GAY Cuban will most likely not support them, because to most people their lifestyle and freedoms mean more than their nationality and ethnicity.

I could care less about Rubio, I don't care if he's Hispanic, he doesn't share my views....

Now there are more people who will vote for Romney this time that voted for Obama last time because the shine is off the chrome and they see that you can't run a country on flowery words.

I agree...

And just so you know, I'm NOT an Obama supporter nor am I a "democrat".

I'm 100% independent, I believe BOTH parties are epic failures, however; I still think the GOP is much worse and evil than the Dems.

I really don't care if Obama loses, either way this country is going down unless they can find a way to get corporations out of government and end the false dichotomy that is the two party system.

jlzinck
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Romney is still the worse choice. He'll keep Mexicans from taking American jobs by making sure American jobs are done anywhere but America. I firmly believe that.

I also think "sheeple" is infinitely less clever a word than anyone who uses it seems to think it is.

Sorry it's just a word I see bandied about of all the liberal 99% er blogs. I figured it would go well in regards to the people I said it about.

jlzinck
06-22-2012, 11:31 PM
NO, as far as I know the GOP doesn't actively work against Black people the way they do against Gays.....you have to be blind not to see how anti-gay the GOP is.

How does the GOP actively work against gays? Supposedly and we know it's all bunk but Obama was "against" gay marriage before he was for it.

If you are against state and church they the government should not be in the marriage business at all.

Come up to Boston and I will bring you to churches filled with liberal democrat African American voters who are against gay marriage as well.

You mock people's beliefs because you don't believe in a god? Because their gid tells them that a marriage is between and man and a woman?

But right it's ONLY the vile disgusting GOP that doesn't want gay marriage.

JustAlex
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
How does the GOP actively work against gays? Supposedly and we know it's all bunk but Obama was "against" gay marriage before he was for it.

If you are against state and church they the government should not be in the marriage business at all.

Come up to Boston and I will bring you to churches filled with liberal democrat African American voters who are against gay marriage as well.

You mock people's beliefs because you don't believe in a god? Because their gid tells them that a marriage is between and man and a woman?

But right it's ONLY the vile disgusting GOP that doesn't want gay marriage.
I believe marriage is a right not a privilege, I believe gays should be able to marry and those that actively fight against it because a 2000 year old book tells them it's an abomination, are wrong in my mind.

They are telling other humans that they don't deserve the same rights they enjoy, they tell them that they are IMMORAL, ABNORMAL, and against "god".

Even when I was a christian I could see how wrong it was for other christians to openly judge gay people just because they didn't like their lifestyle......but at the same time I would tell myself that the bible says that homosexuality is a sin!

Now that I'm an atheist I see the error of my way, and almost immediately I began to change my thoughts on almost everything I once believed.

I'm now pro gay marriage, I'm pro-choice, I'm against the death penalty, I believe all religion is bad, and I believe the best way forward is to leave our bronze age beliefs behind and have an open mind.

jlzinck
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I believe marriage is a right not a privilege,

Then you should be able to marry your mother and your grandfather at the same time if it is a right. Good Luck with that.

Man you should move to Massachusetts....it would be like Utopia for ypu.

If 2 homosexuals get married it does not effect my life or marriage in the least. I just don't like being told by 4 people, who have jobs for life and are accountable to noone that marriage is an "evolving paradigm"

Thats 4 people out of 6+ million and because of those 4 homosexual marriage is legal in Massachusetts. So if you were inclined you could come here and marry your partner but it would mean nothing in your state or in the eyes of the federal government.

JustAlex
06-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Then you should be able to marry your mother and your grandfather at the same time if it is a right. Good Luck with that.

C'mon, you expect me to buy this argument?

You're simply doing the age old "slippery slope" argument which no one will believe.

There was a time when Interracial marriage was illegal, then in 1968 that changed.

And even then, people used the "slippery slope" argument.

Man you should move to Massachusetts....it would be like Utopia for ypu.

Lol, and maybe you should come down to the conservative part of Florida (which is exactly like "the South", I'm sure you'll like that).

If 2 homosexuals get married it does not effect my life or marriage in the least. I just don't like being told by 4 people, who have jobs for life and are accountable to noone that marriage is an "evolving paradigm"
GREAT.

Then why so much animosity....how will it hurt anyone to allow gays to marry, regardless of an "evolving paradigm"....it's the CORRECT way to think....to allow EVERY human the same rights as everyone else.

And almost every poll shows that the majority of Americans are accepting of gay marriage.

*censored*
06-24-2012, 01:11 AM
More gays go with what political party fits their overall philosophy more than whoever is seemingly more pro-gay because until recently, neither party was pro-gay. Republicans in charge or democrats...

shrewsbury
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
so the only way to be pro gay is to allow them to marry?

JustAlex
06-24-2012, 11:47 AM
so the only way to be pro gay is to allow them to marry?

You don't have to be Pro gay at all, it really doesn't matter to me or anyone if you accept or tolerate them.

However, when you say that gays should not be able to marry (for whatever reason) you are negating the rights of another human being.

How can you be "pro gay" and negate them rights?

That doesn't make sense to me or gay people.

And I would DARE YOU to tell a gay person that you are "Pro gay" but you don't believe he should EVER marry.....you think that person will be fine with that statement?

BTW, Gay marriage is an INEVITABILITY, sooner or later it WILL be legalized throughout the U.S.

Why?

Because the U.S (whether you like it or not) IS a progressive country, we change the laws to make equality for all.

We gave African-American rights, we gave women rights, and one day we will also give gays the right to marry.

It's not a coincidence that 6 states DO allow gay marriage, we repealed DADT, and for the first time in history a President said he fully supported gay marriage.

It might take 5, 10 or even 20+ years, but one day it will happen.

habsheaven
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
It will eventually happen because it is the RIGHT thing to do.

shrewsbury
06-24-2012, 12:00 PM
justalex, shows how little you know.

look through my posts on other threads, not only have i tried to have the married talk but also the being born talk with some of my best friends, that i hang around and vacation with that are homosexuals.

so me helping them for the last 15 years means nothing because i believe marriage is defined differently?

JustAlex
06-24-2012, 12:10 PM
justalex, shows how little you know.

look through my posts on other threads, not only have i tried to have the married talk but also the being born talk with some of my best friends, that i hang around and vacation with that are homosexuals.

so me helping them for the last 15 years means nothing because i believe marriage is defined differently?

Sorry, I don't recall everything you have said in the other threads.

If you have had this talk with your friends, fine, I'm sure it's not worth it to break up a friendship over political or religious ideology.

After all, many of my friends are christian and even though I highly disagree with many of their positions we can still be friends.

HOWEVER, never do I pretend to be "pro christian", they know that I'm ANTI christian and anti religion in general.

When we talk and hang out we try not to bring it up, because it's just going to result in endless discussion.

I don't know what else to say, I will admit I don't know that many gay people, but the ones I have come to meet in my lifetime ALL tell me that they were BORN gay, and I believe them 100%.

AUTaxMan
06-24-2012, 12:17 PM
HOWEVER, never do I pretend to be "pro christian", they know that I'm ANTI christian and anti religion in general.

What do you mean by anti-christian and anti-religion? That you merely disagree with them?

JustAlex
06-24-2012, 12:28 PM
What do you mean by anti-christian and anti-religion? That you merely disagree with them?

Yes.

I disagree with their religious beliefs and I consider myself Anti-christian.

This simply means I'm against the Christian ideals.

Now before you start thinking I'm some kind of anti-christ, I disagree with the bible in the religious aspects.

I like the parts about loving thy neighbor and don't judge others, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I like those parts....and YES, I even like Jesus, in fact if I had a list of the Top 10 most admirable men in history, he would most likely be in that list.

However, that's where my agreements end....everything else is a huge mess IMO.

The Church, the bible, the beliefs, and most importantly the "Christian God".

For the sake of not turning this into a blood bath against myself, I will probably never reveal in this forum how I really feel about "Yahweh"....trust me, you don't want to know.

AUTaxMan
06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes.

I disagree with their religious beliefs and I consider myself Anti-christian.

This simply means I'm against the Christian ideals.

Now before you start thinking I'm some kind of anti-christ, I disagree with the bible in the religious aspects.

I like the parts about loving thy neighbor and don't judge others, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I like those parts....and YES, I even like Jesus, in fact if I had a list of the Top 10 most admirable men in history, he would most likely be in that list.

However, that's where my agreements end....everything else is a huge mess IMO.

The Church, the bible, the beliefs, and most importantly the "Christian God".

For the sake of not turning this into a blood bath against myself, I will probably never reveal in this forum how I really feel about "Yahweh"....trust me, you don't want to know.

OK. I didn't know if you meant that you merely disagreed or that you were an antagonistic, active crusader against Christianity and religion like GBM. I can deal with the former, not the latter.

JustAlex
06-24-2012, 12:50 PM
OK. I didn't know if you meant that you merely disagreed or that you were an antagonistic, active crusader against Christianity and religion like GBM. I can deal with the former, not the latter.

I enjoy talking on this and other forums about religion because I DON'T do it with friends and family.

They know I'm an atheist and they're still able to look past that and see me for myself, I figured that I should do the same towards them.

We can be friends even if we disagreed on every personal issue....that sounds almost impossible, and yet it's a reality.

If the conversation starts going towards religion I usually bite my tongue and stay quiet, unless they start being hostile towards me, which thankfully rarely happens.

*censored*
06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." - attributed to Gandhi

AUTaxMan
06-24-2012, 02:25 PM
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." - Gandhi on Christianity

“The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it’s difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine.” ― Abraham Lincoln

*censored*
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Cool condescension, bro.

AUTaxMan
06-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Cool condescension, bro.

Hey, you're the one using a highly disputed quote. Mine is legit.

*censored*
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Obviously you missed the point of me putting it up.

And the quote was attributed to him long before the internet's existence.

I went back and clarified it. Happy now?

Wickabee
06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Sorry it's just a word I see bandied about of all the liberal 99% er blogs. I figured it would go well in regards to the people I said it about.
Sheeple doesn't go well with anything. In my mind its true meaning is "I think I'm clever even though I know I'm not" No matter who says it.

Also "liberal" and "99%er" aren't the same thing.

jlzinck
06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Sheeple doesn't go well with anything. In my mind its true meaning is "I think I'm clever even though I know I'm not" No matter who says it.

Also "liberal" and "99%er" aren't the same thing.

Sorry my bad...liberal, anarchist 99%'er blogs!

Wickabee
06-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Sorry my bad...liberal, anarchist 99%'er blogs!
Yeah, sure, whatever

mrveggieman
06-25-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm pro-choice, I'm against the death penalty,

You and are are cool and agree on a lot of the issues but I just don't get how one could be pro abortion (the killing of innocent unborn children) but against the death penalty (the killing of or murderers and rapists who are predators and serve no benefit to society) :confused0024:

habsheaven
06-25-2012, 09:51 AM
You and are are cool and agree on a lot of the issues but I just don't get how one could be pro abortion (the killing of innocent unborn children) but against the death penalty (the killing of or murderers and rapists who are predators and serve no benefit to society) :confused0024:

His stance is easy to explain; one is a living human being, the other isn't.

Your stance on the other hand, of being okay with killing one innocent unborn child (product of rape) and not killing the same innocent unborn child (product of irresponsibility), is confusing to say the least.

mrveggieman
06-25-2012, 09:57 AM
His stance is easy to explain; one is a living human being, the other isn't.

Your stance on the other hand, of being okay with killing one innocent unborn child (product of rape) and not killing the same innocent unborn child (product of irresponsibility), is confusing to say the least.

So ya'll place more value to the life of a child rapist and killer than than an actual innocent unborn child?

habsheaven
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
So ya'll place more value to the life of a child rapist and killer than than an actual innocent unborn child?

Not me. I am happy to endorse the death penalty. Apparently though, you think the life of a child rapist and the life of an unborn child conceived through rape are equally unworthy of living.

Wickabee
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Pro choice is not pro abortion.

AUTaxMan
06-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Pro choice is not pro abortion.

Thanks for the laugh.

Wickabee
06-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the laugh.
Care to explain the joke then? They are two different things.

AUTaxMan
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Care to explain the joke then? They are two different things.

I guess saying that you don't mind it if a woman kills her baby is not the same as saying you are pro-abortion.

Wickabee
06-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I guess saying that you don't mind it if a woman kills her baby is not the same as saying you are pro-abortion.
There's a difference between being in favour of choice and being in favour of abortion.

AUTaxMan
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
There's a difference between being in favour of choice and being in favour of abortion.

A semantic difference. Not a practical one.

Wickabee
06-25-2012, 03:36 PM
A semantic difference. Not a practical one.
Pro-Choice: "I'm in favour of a woman's right to choose"
Pr0-Abortion: "I think everyone should have abortions"

That's a practical difference, not a semantic one. They are two different viewpoints.

AUTaxMan
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Pro-Choice: "I'm in favour of a woman's right to choose"
Pr0-Abortion: "I think everyone should have abortions"

That's a practical difference, not a semantic one. They are two different viewpoints.

So it is essentially placing greater value on a woman's right to choose than on a child's right not to be killed.

habsheaven
06-25-2012, 05:28 PM
So it is essentially placing greater value on a woman's right to choose than on a child's right not to be killed.

No, essentially it is not. An unborn child is not a child, hence the word "unborn" in front of it.

duane1969
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Have been AWOL on this thread. Might have to post a couple of times to catch up...am pretty sure the subject isn't abortion so let's stay on topic please.

Other than the forthcoming claim that Republicans prevent gays from marrying, how do Republicans actively work against gays? That is a generalized, blanket statement that is about as baseless and factless as it gets. Gay marriage aside, there is not one single issue that Republicans are anti-gay about.

Lincoln's association with the ending of slavery is embellished way more than what it truly was. He did not free all slaves, this is just a misnomer taught in schools, like the Americans true role in Vietnam. Politics is never as it seems

You are correct sir. Public education teaches that Lincoln and the Civil War were about freeing the slaves. What public education doesn't bother to teach is that Lincoln cared little about slavery. He freed the slaves as a tactical ploy to try and cripple the economy of the South. Had the South not been so dependent on slavery then it would have never been an issue of the war.

Additionally, the Civil War was not about slavery, it was about economic differences between the North and South and over state versus federal rights. If it had been over slavery then Lincoln would have presented the Emancipation Proclamation a little earlier than 2 years into the Civil War. It only became about slavery after Lincoln made it about slavery two years into the conflict.

I believe marriage is a right not a privilege, I believe gays should be able to marry and those that actively fight against it because a 2000 year old book tells them it's an abomination, are wrong in my mind.

They are telling other humans that they don't deserve the same rights they enjoy, they tell them that they are IMMORAL, ABNORMAL, and against "god".

Feel like I am beating my head against the wall.

Marriage IS NOT a right. It isn't a right for straights. It isn't a right for gays. it isn' a right for ANYONE. Republicans are not preventing gays from their "right to marry" because the right to marry does not exist in United States law. It does not exist in the Constitution. It does not exist in the Bill of Rights. IT IS NOT A RIGHT.

Even when I was a christian I could see how wrong it was for other christians to openly judge gay people just because they didn't like their lifestyle......but at the same time I would tell myself that the bible says that homosexuality is a sin!

Now that I'm an atheist I see the error of my way, and almost immediately I began to change my thoughts on almost everything I once believed.

I'm now pro gay marriage, I'm pro-choice, I'm against the death penalty, I believe all religion is bad, and I believe the best way forward is to leave our bronze age beliefs behind and have an open mind.

I thought this was about bashing Republicans. Are you suggesting that only Republicans are Christian? That would be a majorly flawed position to take.

Even more silly of a position to take is that Republicans are the only ones against gays having their "right" to marry. The simple reality is that a very large part of the Democratic party oppose it too.
- Minnesota has voted Democrat in every presidential election since the Vietnam War. In March 2011 a ban on same-sex marriages was upheld.
- Maryland has voted Dem every presidential election since 1988. In 2011 a same-sex marriage bill died without ever being voted on.
- New Hamshire voted Democrat in 4 of the last 5 presidential elections. A bill to legalize same-sex unions (not marriage, just unions) failed in 2011.
- Ohio started a petition to get same-sex marriage on their ballot in March. They need 350,000 signatures. Three months later they still don't have enough. Ohio has voted Democrat in 3 of the last 5 presidential elections.
- California is easily the largest liberal stronghold in our country and has voted Democrat in every presidential election since 1988, yet when given the opportunity to speak out the citizens voted down Prop 8 and banned gay marriage.
- New York, that other liberal stronghold, voted down gay marriage in December 2009.

It is hardly just the evil Republicans doing it.

AUTaxMan
06-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Additionally, the Civil War was not about slavery, it was about economic differences between the North and South and over state versus federal rights. If it had been over slavery then Lincoln would have presented the Emancipation Proclamation a little earlier than 2 years into the Civil War. It only became about slavery after Lincoln made it about slavery two years into the conflict.

What is this "Civil War" you speak of? Are you talking about the War of Northern Aggression?

Gorillawits
06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
No, essentially it is not. An unborn child is not a child, hence the word "unborn" in front of it.

That is the heathen way to justify murder. Call it a "parasite" or "lump of tissue" to justify the sin and not take responcibilty for willingly having sex.

habsheaven
06-25-2012, 06:30 PM
That is the heathen way to justify murder. Call it a "parasite" or "lump of tissue" to justify the sin and not take responcibilty for willingly having sex.

I think Duane asked us to stay on topic. If you want to beat this dead horse anymore start a thread about it. This heathen would love to debate the abortion issue with you!

Wickabee
06-26-2012, 01:20 PM
...we were talking about the difference between pro-choice and pr-abortion. This is just one person's definition of abortion.

So no, it's not.

mrveggieman
06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I think Duane asked us to stay on topic. If you want to beat this dead horse anymore start a thread about it. This heathen would love to debate the abortion issue with you!

I'll be there. :thumb: