PDA

View Full Version : SportsCenter (My Wish)

UK_wildcat77
06-21-2012, 05:49 AM
I love when they have this special on SportsCenter. It's great to know that there are people out there who still care, to be able to arrange a meeting between a sick and/or dying child who could only imagine such a thing in their wildest dreams. It nearly brings a tear to my eye, which is hard to say as a grown man.

pghin08
06-21-2012, 10:04 AM
The Tim Tebow one was good.

Frantiic
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
The Tim Tebow one was good.

which one? so much about timmy on espn right now.

Make a wish foundation is awesome . wish there would be more stuff like that

mrveggieman
06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I saw the sneak peak yesterday about the 17 year old boy that got to practice with Lebron. It was a nice story. I do have a problem with certian ballplayers who trying to look all caring and sensitive on camera but when a kid comes up to them who is not on camera asking for a picture and or an autograph and the ballplayer basically tells them to go to hell.

AThrash37DSnyder
06-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I saw the sneak peak yesterday about the 17 year old boy that got to practice with Lebron. It was a nice story. I do have a problem with certian ballplayers who trying to look all caring and sensitive on camera but when a kid comes up to them who is not on camera asking for a picture and or an autograph and the ballplayer basically tells them to go to hell.

Agree

CubsFan38
06-21-2012, 04:06 PM
My brother played varsity basketball at my high school, and the "manager" of the team was in the same grade as him and had early on set parkinson's. He was able to meet Kobe through the Make a Wish Foundation. Kobe was generous enough to give him a pair of sunglasses, a jersey, a lakers ipod, and many more items. Kobe also gave autographs to every single member of the team including my brother.

AThrash37DSnyder
06-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Awesome :)

UK_wildcat77
06-21-2012, 08:32 PM
My brother played varsity basketball at my high school, and the "manager" of the team was in the same grade as him and had early on set parkinson's. He was able to meet Kobe through the Make a Wish Foundation. Kobe was generous enough to give him a pair of sunglasses, a jersey, a lakers ipod, and many more items. Kobe also gave autographs to every single member of the team including my brother.
Can't stand Kobe but after hearning that. I think I can tolerate him a little more. :rolleyes: