PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants your Wedding/Birthdays gifts

INTIMADATOR2007
06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/22/Obama-wedding-registry

Got a special milestone or event coming up?
Instead of another gift card you’ll forget to use, ask your friends and family for something that will go a little further: a donation to Obama for America. Register your next celebration—whether it’s a birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, or anniversary—with the Obama campaign. It’s a great way to show your support for a cause that’s important to you on your big day.Because Obama and his potential $1 billion campaign can use the money better than you ever could. Your special day should be his special day.

habsheaven
06-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Perfect timing, I must say. With tomorrow being my 46th birthday and my 24th wedding anniversary. All my wonderful friends on here now have a convenient way to express their love and best wishes, and best of all; no need for cross-border shipping!!

Please sign up, and remember I am celebrating two events tomorrow, so double up those donations. We don't need any more gravy bowls around here. lol

INTIMADATOR2007
06-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Perfect timing, I must say. With tomorrow being my 46th birthday and my 24th wedding anniversary. All my wonderful friends on here now have a convenient way to express their love and best wishes, and best of all; no need for cross-border shipping!!

Please sign up, and remember I am celebrating two events tomorrow, so double up those donations. We don't need any more gravy bowls around here. lol

:sign0020:

habsheaven
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I thought you might like that. It's the best response I could come up with. In the world of weddings, gifts, etc; that is a "tacky" kind of proposal at best. I can't even defend it.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I thought you might like that. It's the best response I could come up with. In the world of weddings, gifts, etc; that is a "tacky" kind of proposal at best. I can't even defend it.

Happy Birthday !!:wave:

AUTaxMan
06-24-2012, 01:27 PM

Instead of cash, people should just send them crappy toasters and sets of steak knives they can't return.

*censored*
06-24-2012, 03:14 PM
It makes sense. If a couple is truly major Obama supporters and already have all the housewares and such they need (maybe two previously divorced people finding new mates for example), it makes as much sense as asking for a donation to a charity in lieu of gifts.

Of course, you'd have to have a couple that doesn't need more stuff, who support Obama, and have wedding guests who support the guy too. Yeah, good luck with that.

Wickabee
06-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Until he demands this stuff, what's the harm in asking? If you want to donate that way, then great! If not, don't. Pretty simple.

But no, I guess we need partisan articles written by sporting fans disguised as political commentators to tell us how evil it is to ask for support from supporters.

A politician asking for money? How gauche. Much better to have a candidate who laid-off, shut down and outsourced his way to millions upon millions upon millions. Better to have a candidate who gets multi-million dollar donations from just a few people and still tries to sell everyday people cheap hats (wonder if it's made in the US...) for $30.

Now, I don't think it's a secret I like Obama more than Romney, but at the end of the day, I don't support either guy. While I don't think it's the most tactful thing to do, it's just another way of asking for donations, which every politician has wlays done sonce the dawn of politics. If you don't like Obama, that's fine. But this? This is blatant partisan BS. It's just another thing in the long line of political crap that makes me sad the greatest democracy is barely actually a democracy and really just a media chess game meant to keep everyone from paying attention to the actual job at hand.

Even sadder is that so many play right into it by reading, and passing on, ridiculous crap like this.

In short, my reaction to this article is a big, fat, "So?"

mrveggieman
06-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Until he demands this stuff, what's the harm in asking? If you want to donate that way, then great! If not, don't. Pretty simple.

But no, I guess we need partisan articles written by sporting fans disguised as political commentators to tell us how evil it is to ask for support from supporters.

A politician asking for money? How gauche. Much better to have a candidate who laid-off, shut down and outsourced his way to millions upon millions upon millions. Better to have a candidate who gets multi-million dollar donations from just a few people and still tries to sell everyday people cheap hats (wonder if it's made in the US...) for $30.

Now, I don't think it's a secret I like Obama more than Romney, but at the end of the day, I don't support either guy. While I don't think it's the most tactful thing to do, it's just another way of asking for donations, which every politician has wlays done sonce the dawn of politics. If you don't like Obama, that's fine. But this? This is blatant partisan BS. It's just another thing in the long line of political crap that makes me sad the greatest democracy is barely actually a democracy and really just a media chess game meant to keep everyone from paying attention to the actual job at hand.

Even sadder is that so many play right into it by reading, and passing on, ridiculous crap like this.

In short, my reaction to this article is a big, fat, "So?"

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

pghin08
06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
It wreaks of desperation to me.

sobersoul
06-25-2012, 10:08 AM
$30 for a hat... pass!

duwal
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
still makes more sense as a gift than naming a stupid star after someone :)