PDA

View Full Version : The most powerful person in the United States...

sobersoul
06-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Today and the next coming days will prove once and for all that the most powerful person in the United States today is Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy.

pghin08
06-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Swing vote on a split court, I'd have to agree.

Gorillawits
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Today and the next coming days will prove once and for all that the most powerful person in the United States today is Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy.

The Cardinal of New York is far more powerful then Anthony Kennedy.

drtom2005
06-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Personally, I think the most powerful man in the U.S. is the Fed Chairman Ben Bernake. Justice Kennedy is up there though.

sobersoul
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't consider any "man of the cloth" to be all that powerful considering organized religion is dying at an incredible rate. However, they are still influential people, and should be taken into account I suppose.

AUTaxMan
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
No, it's still Obama. He just decides by fiat which laws to enforce and which one to ignore, and if he wants to enact new laws, he just promulgates regulation. Trust me, if Obama loses on Thursday, he'll try to do something on his own to keep Obamacare alive.

pghin08
06-26-2012, 10:53 AM
No, it's still Obama. He just decides by fiat which laws to enforce and which one to ignore, and if he wants to enact new laws, he just promulgates regulation. Trust me, if Obama loses on Thursday, he'll try to do something on his own to keep Obamacare alive.

What do you think they'll rule?

AUTaxMan
06-26-2012, 11:26 AM
What do you think they'll rule?

I think the mandate gets overturned and the rest of the law remains. When that happens, Obamacare cannot survive financially (not that it already isn't a financial disaster).

pghin08
06-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I think the mandate gets overturned and the rest of the law remains. When that happens, Obamacare cannot survive financially (not that it already isn't a financial disaster).

That was kind of my gut feeling too. It'll be a really interesting ruling, to say the least.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-26-2012, 05:17 PM

Yes , He will issue executive order , then it will be 4 white men and a "uncle Tom" that took away the Health care of Millions all the way to November.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-26-2012, 05:18 PM

My thoughts as well.