PDA

View Full Version : loch ness monster used to debunk evolution in state funded school

cardmasters
06-25-2012, 07:18 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/loch-ness-monster-used-debunk-evolution-state-funded-190816504.html

I admit I am not 100% sold on evolution but this is just crazy

sobersoul
06-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Dinosaurs are real!

theonedru
06-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I can't even think of how to respond its that crazy

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Athiests claim this is a new breed of Basking shark called "the long necked basking shark". The reason why it is not a plesiosaurus is because big bang told us through space radio waves that there is no God and that Dinosaurs died off millions of years ago.

http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVERY%20MUSEUM/CreaturesFromTheDeep/CreaturesIMAGES/Plesiosaur_Body_2_large.jpg

shrewsbury
06-26-2012, 08:44 AM
people are surprised?

come on, they might also teach the earth is 6000 years old

pghin08
06-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Adjectives fail me.

ildd
06-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Thread invalid, as school is in Louisiana.

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Dinosaurs are real!

Pfft....I'm pretty sure Satan planted those bones. :cool:

shrewsbury
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
alex, he wasn't talking about fossils, but living dinosaurs

Wickabee
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
What the hell is "bible based math"?

habsheaven
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM

That's rather easy to explain. If the Bible claims 2+2=7, it is true because it is the word of God. Therefore, obviously 2 in this case is actually 3.5 and has been misinterpreted by those that just don't understand God's word.

Wickabee
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
That's rather easy to explain. If the Bible claims 2+2=7, it is true because it is the word of God. Therefore, obviously 2 in this case is actually 3.5 and has been misinterpreted by those that just don't understand God's word.
Heh. That's funny, but I'm really curious as to what bible based math is. Does the math I learned go against God somehow?

I'm really serious.

Star_Cards
06-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I honestly don't follow. How exactly are they saying evolution couldn't be real if Nessie was real? Are they claiming that it's a dinosaur and thusly was created in the 6 days of the earth's creation by God? seems like a stretch.

FYI, I don't believe in Creationism and am open to other theories that refute evolution, but a magical figure in the heavens has no weight in refuting anything about the theory of evolution. If you want to say evolution is completely wrong bring a tangible idea. Not on of a creator that can't be proven whatsoever.

It's also a huge stretch to claim that Nessie is real since people have grainy photos and a blip on a sonar.

Star_Cards
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM

I'm confused by that as well. Maybe it's like this...

Adam - 1 Rib = Eve
Adam + Eve + Apple = exile from eden

duane1969
06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Heh. That's funny, but I'm really curious as to what bible based math is. Does the math I learned go against God somehow?

I'm really serious.

Bible-based math is simply teaching math with a Biblical spin.

Example:

If Jesus fed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish then how many people shared a loaf of bread.

5000/5 = 1000 people per loaf of bread

Now write your answer above as a fraction to show what portion of bread each person received.

1/1000

Wickabee
06-26-2012, 05:41 PM

That's just math. Changing the word problems to include Jesus doesn't make it 'bible based'

Are all the, "A train leaves Chicago..." questions train or travel based math? Does travel based math go against God?

*censored*
06-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm confused by that as well. Maybe it's like this...

Adam - 1 Rib = Eve
Adam + Eve + Apple = exile from eden

1/(exile from eden) = original sin

[(original sin)^2]*4pi = need for baptism

Does it mean inches and feet and that communist metric system are inherently evil and everything is done in cubits?

Additionally, the concept of "zero" did not exist in Biblical times. The idea of zero, as well as algebra, were created by the Muslims.

So, good luck with that.

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Actulay the heathen will try to add in 2+2=7 into the bible and claim it proves the bible is false. Just like when they put a mans bones with an apes and call it the missing link.

Its is heathen that beleive 2+2=7 because "big bang" said so through radio carbon dating and space radiation.

Wickabee
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Actulay the heathen will try to add in 2+2=7 into the bible and claim it proves the bible is false. Just like when they put a mans bones with an apes and call it the missing link.

Its is heathen that beleive 2+2=7 because "big bang" said so through radio carbon dating and space radiation.
But no one believes 2+2=7

The more you post, the less I think of you. Logic doesn't seem to enter the mix when you speak.

Gorillawits
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
But no one believes 2+2=7

The more you post, the less I think of you. Logic doesn't seem to enter the mix when you speak.

I do not follow the "logical" teachings of Socrates. If you think Socrates loves you then you are wrong.

habsheaven
06-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I do not follow the "logical" teachings of Socrates. If you think Socrates loves you then you are wrong.

Why on God's green Earth (I couldn't resist) would you say this? Who is claiming Socrates loves them?

What's next, a reference to Elvis? lol

*censored*
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Why on God's green Earth (I couldn't resist) would you say this? Who is claiming Socrates loves them?

What's next, a reference to Elvis? lol

Kurt Cobain blew his palate to Kansas for our sins.

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Am I the only one thinking that Gorillawits is a Poe?

drtom2005
06-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one thinking that Gorillawits is a Poe?

Well according to Poe's law, it is impossible to tell. I would just ignore him and be happy. :smokin:

drtom2005
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Dinosuaurs are not alive. Their descendents, birds, are still around. There are multitude of organisms still alive that are older then dinosaurs(Crocs-they have lived longer unchanged then the dinos, bacteria, etc). And even if an aquatic reptile(pleiosaur) was found, most scientist believe they are more likely to be related to the croc line of reptiles, not dinosaurs. Once again, a Creationist not even understanding the basic science. LOL

ensbergcollector
06-26-2012, 08:39 PM
oh man, be quick. better act like all christians are idiots because of a few idiots.

smh and what this entire board has turned into

theonedru
06-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Dinosuaurs are not alive. Their descendents, birds, are still around. There are multitude of organisms still alive that are older then dinosaurs(Crocs-they have lived longer unchanged then the dinos, bacteria, etc). And even if an aquatic reptile(pleiosaur) was found, most scientist believe they are more likely to be related to the croc line of reptiles, not dinosaurs. Once again, a Creationist not even understanding the basic science. LOL

The best example is the celocamph/ceolacanth ? It predates the dinosaurs and thought extinct 65 million years ago til what 1938 I believe....

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
oh man, be quick. better act like all christians are idiots because of a few idiots.

smh and what this entire board has turned into

Ok, wait a minute...

I can agree with you that we can't generalize every christian because of a few people....however, this brings up an interesting question...

Why do some Christians think/act this way?

The same reason why some Muslims think/act in extremist and fanatical ways.

Because EVERY SINGLE person has his/her interpretation of their own beliefs and what they think is good and wrong and how they view the world.

See, that's why we Atheists believe religion is so dangerous.

Osama Bin Laden would have been a very dangerous man even without religion because his hatred reached a very high level and he had resources and money to act upon that hatred....however, he might think, "I hate the U.S very much, but I don't think killing innocent people is the way to go".

However, once religion is thrown in the mix, he used his hatred and ideology and combined it to JUSTIFY his actions and killing innocent people can be tossed aside because you are doing a "greater good".

Personally I KNOW that most christians and muslims are not dangerous individuals, I KNOW that they mean well and are sincere about their beliefs.

It's HOW you use religion that is dangerous, and unfortunately too many people throughout history have used it in a very bad way.

pghin08
06-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Ok, wait a minute...

I can agree with you that we can't generalize every christian because of a few people....however, this brings up an interesting question...

Why do some Christians think/act this way?

The same reason why some Muslims think/act in extremist and fanatical ways.

Because EVERY SINGLE person has his/her interpretation of their own beliefs and what they think is good and wrong and how they view the world.

Osama Bin Laden would be a very dangerous man without religion because his hatred reached a very high level and he had resources and money to act upon that hatred.

However, once religion is thrown in the mix, he used his hatred and ideology and combined it to JUSTIFY his actions and by doing so, he also dragged many others who think like him.

Personally I KNOW that most christians and muslims are not dangerous individuals, I KNOW that they mean well and are sincere about their beliefs.

It's HOW you use religion that is dangerous, and unfortunately too many people throughout history has used it in a very bad way.

Would you say there are extreme atheists?

drtom2005
06-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Extreme in what way? You are not going to see an atheist bombing an abortion clinic or killing in the name of an atheist. Please do not start the Hilter, Mao thing. Hilter was a Christian/occultist (if you can label any religous sect). Communism in old Russia and China promotes group thinking(the state subtitutes for religion). If by extreme you mean talking out about religion, then yes. I think that is as far as you'll get though.

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Absolutely...

But the differences are very stark.

For example the way they view life and death:

Most religions teach that there is an afterlife, while most atheists believe there is nothing after the grave.

This means that this ONE LIFE is all we have, and thus most atheists have a greater appreciation for this ONE life.

Extremist Muslims can toss that aside because this life is just a temporary place, afterwards they get to have ETERNITY in heaven.

theonedru
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Absolutely...

But the differences are very stark.

For example the way they view life and death:

Most religions teach that there is an afterlife, while most atheists believe there is nothing after the grave.

This means that this ONE LIFE is all we have, and thus most atheists have a greater appreciation for this ONE life.

Extremist Muslims can toss that aside because this life is just a temporary place, afterwards they get to have ETERNITY in heaven.

It's easy to use scientific theory to prove the possibility of an afterlife...

theonedru
06-26-2012, 09:59 PM

I think a lot of atheists have views far different than you. the we part acts like you are speaking for every atheist.......

drtom2005
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Not the possibility. If there is one? There is a difference. There is possibility I could win the lottery. Now if I could just decide which state to play in? I grew up in Missouri, so I think I'll play the Missouri lottery.

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Extreme in what way? You are not going to see an atheist bombing an abortion clinic or killing in the name of an atheist. Please do not start the Hilter, Mao thing. Hilter was a Christian/occultist (if you can label any religous sect). Communism in old Russia and China promotes group thinking(the state subtitutes for religion). If by extreme you mean talking out about religion, then yes. I think that is as far as you'll get though.

Well, I don't think he was going in that direction, but I agree with you about Hitler.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about Hitler being an atheist.....NO HE WAS NOT!

He clearly believed in a creator and he mentions god in "Mein Kampf".

Besides that, the Nazi soldiers that committed all the horrible crimes were most certainly Catholic Christians.

After all they wore THIS in the battle field:

http://commonsenseatheism.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/gott_mins_uns.png

"GOTT MIT UNS"......"God with us".

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 10:02 PM

Please explain how?

Remember, Science does NOT dwell in the realm of supernatural.

It can only observe the natural world.

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I think a lot of atheists have views far different than you. the we part acts like you are speaking for every atheist.......

Well, forgive me for using "we".

Sometimes I forget that I am NOT speaking on behalf of every atheist.

theonedru
06-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Please explain how?

Remember, Science does NOT dwell in the realm of supernatural.

It can only observe the natural world.

I will give you 2 clues and let you come to the conclusion. Just think of what the body & universe basically consists of and the basic laws of science and it should come to you............

JustAlex
06-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I will give you 2 clues and let you come to the conclusion. Just think of what the body & universe basically consists of and the basic laws of science and it should come to you............

Are you talking about Entropy?

shrewsbury
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
there are people who believe we came from space aliens, there are people who believe all kinds of crazy stuff, not just religious people.

and most crazy people are just that, crazy, so them saying they are a christian is about the same as them saying they are a piece of toast.

this thread has gone all over the place

pghin08
06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
there are people who believe we came from space aliens, there are people who believe all kinds of crazy stuff, not just religious people.

and most crazy people are just that, crazy, so them saying they are a christian is about the same as them saying they are a piece of toast.

this thread has gone all over the place

Agreed, let's bring it back to Nessie!

*censored*
06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
about the same as them saying they are a piece of toast.

In the name of the Butter, and of the Jam, and of the Holy Cuisinart, Amen.

shrewsbury
06-27-2012, 10:45 AM
censored, I missed breakfast and now you made me hungry!!!

mrveggieman
06-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I got chewed out by my wife this morning for eating her pudding cups for breakfast. X-(

habsheaven
06-27-2012, 11:01 AM
I got chewed out by my wife this morning for eating her pudding cups for breakfast. X-(

A response popped into my head that actually made me LOL for real. It's too bad I can't post it. lol

mrveggieman
06-27-2012, 11:31 AM
A response popped into my head that actually made me LOL for real. It's too bad I can't post it. lol

Now now habs, this a family forum. :pound:

duane1969
06-27-2012, 11:31 AM

Cups...as in plural? You ate them all? Yeah. my wife woulda been mad too...

Habs, you have a dirty mind...I thought the same thing :D:

Wickabee
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I think Socrates is dead, so he can't love me. I also think he doesn't have anything to do with the conversation...but logic does and I guess that's why you stopped posting.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 10:32 PM
I think Socrates is dead, so he can't love me. I also think he doesn't have anything to do with the conversation...but logic does and I guess that's why you stopped posting.

Why would you follow the religous teachings of a dead man (Socrates) who can not love you?

I thought this was suppose to be about Nessie. I have already stated I beileive these creatures are still alive when I linked that photo to what looks like a carcas of one on that boat. An athiest already said tht if they find a living one they will say it is not a dinosaur so big bang bang evolution can survive scrutiny.

*censored*
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM
So there's nothing to be learned or followed from the dead?

OK. Guess we'll just go burn pretty much everything ever written since it's all now useless to us. Thank you for showing us the way and how much time we've been wasting in living outside the dark ages.

Wickabee
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Why would you follow the religous teachings of a dead man (Socrates) who can not love you?

I don't. What makes you think I do? The simple fact that I don't believe using Jesus in examples is completely necessary to learn math?

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 11:54 PM
So there's nothing to be learned or followed from the dead?

OK. Guess we'll just go burn pretty much everything ever written since it's all now useless to us. Thank you for showing us the way and how much time we've been wasting in living outside the dark ages.

What did Socrates do to help anyone learn anything? The only thing his philosophy taught was "do what you feel like". What if your boss didn't pay you and told you "I don't feel like paying you" and the courts let him get away with it. Would you say he is right because he is doing what Socrates told him to?

Also the Catholic Church is the reason why it was called the dark ages because they supressed the bible.

I am not Catholic and in fact atheist follow the Roman Catholic teaching of "big bang", not me. So you are kind living in your own modern dark age.

Gorillawits
06-27-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't. What makes you think I do? The simple fact that I don't believe using Jesus in examples is completely necessary to learn math?

If you following Jesus's teachings you will help somone learn math that is having a hard time without telling them they are "unfit" to live for not accepting evolution.

Your Hindu friends mock christian orphans in India, because they can not afford school uniforms. Hinduism says Karma gives them the right to do this because they "deserve it".

*censored*
06-28-2012, 12:01 AM
If you following Jesus's teachings you will help somone learn math that is having a hard time without telling them they are "unfit" to live for not accepting evolution.

I don't see what those two things have to do with each other or even with the question Wickabee asked.

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 12:04 AM
I don't see what those two things have to do with each other or even with the question Wickabee asked.

Because logic says to "mock innocent people" and Jesus says not to.

*censored*
06-28-2012, 12:08 AM
I still fail to see any connection.

And whose logic says to mock people? If that's how you view logic, then you are wrong.

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
I still fail to see any connection.

And whose logic says to mock people? If that's how you view logic, then you are wrong.

Just about every "logical" person here has mocked me from stating I beleive Nesse is a real dinosaur, to saying what I know about abortion and Jesus ect.

*censored*
06-28-2012, 12:41 AM
And yet you make a mockery of the views of others and expect no retribution?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Gorillawits
06-28-2012, 12:49 AM
And yet you make a mockery of the views of others and expect no retribution?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Mockery is fine as long as it is done with a just cause, not because your angry that you can not get away with sin. Elijah mocked the prophets of Baal and God never said he was wrong for doing it. One of the prophets beat a bunch of guys up that were desicrating the Temple and he did not do wrong either.

Basically your saying that a man who goes to jail for a crime he commited has the right to mock the judge that justly sentanced him for his crime.

You should read the Tanahk and see how God mocks the heathen in many of the scriptures when He is speaking.

Wickabee
06-28-2012, 02:04 AM

Your Hindu friends mock christian orphans in India, because they can not afford school uniforms. Hinduism says Karma gives them the right to do this because they "deserve it".
1 - Evolution shouldn't be taught in any math class.
2 - My Hindu friend died several years ago.
3 - Do you have a point?

*censored*
06-28-2012, 10:24 AM
I have a better idea...

http://austrianeconomists.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451eb0069e2011570ea5170970c-800wi

pghin08
06-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Ask and you shall receive. This thread has gotten way off topic, and I don't see any way that it can return to it. Closing it up.