PDA

View Full Version : What is this... I don't even...

*censored*
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/pregnancy-begins-2-weeks-before-conception-now-the-law-in-arizona/politics/2012/04/13/37993

So... does this mean every woman is pregnant all the time if they're in Arizona?

Wickabee
06-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Funny how the same people who refuse to "change" the definition of "marriage" are more than happy to change the meaning of "pregnant" to fit their own view of how things should be.

mrveggieman
06-27-2012, 03:16 PM
As much as I am anti abortion this has to be one of the most idiotic things that our elected dummies have thought of.

AUTaxMan
06-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Funny how the same people who refuse to "change" the definition of "marriage" are more than happy to change the meaning of "pregnant" to fit their own view of how things should be.

That makes no sense at all.

Wickabee
06-27-2012, 03:47 PM
That makes no sense at all.
...because...

*censored*
06-27-2012, 03:55 PM
...because...

... because it doesn't fit his view of how things should be?

JustAlex
06-27-2012, 04:37 PM
The "Great" state of Arizona continues to utterly EMBARRASS the U.S around the world.

I participate in a blog TV show which several members live in Europe, they are continually shocked at the News that keeps coming out.

Seriously though, I think the American public has become used to this sort of thing, and if Romney wins, I can fully expect more nonsense.

And to answer the OP.....yeah, every woman in Arizona is ALWAYS pregnant :(:

Wickabee
06-27-2012, 06:36 PM
... because it doesn't fit his view of how things should be?
Yeah, that's what I got too.

ALADOG
06-28-2012, 04:42 PM
“My heart goes out to the families that will be impacted,” Steinberg said. “Women are being forced to carry children that they know will end up dying within hours of birth.”

Talk about dishonest. Less than 1/10 of 1% of pregnancies end in the death of a child within hours. Can we say scare tactics.

Wickabee
06-28-2012, 04:45 PM
It`s no different than saying a gun is necessary to protect yourself and we`re safer if everyone owns a gun. It`s not in the least bit true, but people spew it anyway. What else is new.

shrewsbury
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
europe is shocked?!!!! have they not looked into the mirror??

Star_Cards
06-28-2012, 05:05 PM

very good point.

this makes zero sense to me. If she is saying that pregnancy starts once the egg can be fertilized then wouldn't she be saying that any women who doesn't get that egg fertilized is killing a baby?

duane1969
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Funny thought.

If a man is scheduled to have a sex change to become a woman in 14 days or less, in Arizona he is legally a pregnant man.

JustAlex
06-28-2012, 05:59 PM

If you are referring to the financial crisis, then all I have to say is that austerity has not worked in Europe.

I'll also add that it's the social issues dealing with abortion, homosexuality, and religion in general where the "shock" is coming from.

Europe has become very secular, and for the most part they have thrived in that social structure.

shrewsbury
06-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Well call me what you want, but America is still the best by far. That is why everyone is pointing and snickering at any little thing, because they covet what we have.

no offense to anyone else, but I wouldn't leave america for any other country, but i would hope most would think the same about their homeland, but it is obvious they all do not.

Wickabee
06-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, I would move to the US if it made sense for me.

However, I would retain my Canadian citizenship and stick close to the border so I can run back when you guys do go completely insane. When that happens, Canada won't be safe, but I'll be shot in my country.

/tongueincheek

JustAlex
06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Well call me what you want, but America is still the best by far. That is why everyone is pointing and snickering at any little thing, because they covet what we have.

no offense to anyone else, but I wouldn't leave america for any other country, but i would hope most would think the same about their homeland, but it is obvious they all do not.

I won't call you any names and if you think America is still the best then fine, you can believe that.

But the stats just don't show that....

Now, let me tell you how I feel about the U.S.

I do like this country and it's people.

I LOVE American sports, I LOVE American movies, I LOVE American music, I LOVE Burgers, fries, hot dogs, and all the other "American foods", I LOVE many things about our culture.

However, there are many things I hate about America as well, I won't list them because I think you already know what they are.

When I was still in High School I always used to say that I would not want to live in any other country except this one. Unfortunately, I no longer believe that.

I still like America, but it's far from the ideal place I once thought it was.

Given the choice to live in America or Europe, I can't say I would pick Europe, but if things continue the way they are, I can't say I would pick America either.

Wickabee
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Sounds like you need to head north...

JustAlex
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Sounds like you need to head north...

You know it's funny....

In High school I would make fun of Canada soooooo much!

Sometimes it was just playful other times I was serious about it and I really believed Canada was like "America's little brother".

Now my way of thinking has changed dramatically.

Universal Health Care?
Less guns?
Less Violence?
MORE SECULAR?

These things mean so much more to me now....Although, like I said, I still DO like America, this is my home, I'm willing to help make it a better place...

Sometimes it just gets a little discouraging with all the nonsense news.

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 07:58 PM
It's great that people believe their country is the best place to live. I have no such illusions. I am a realist. I know Canada is one of the best places to live but I would never be so naive to think it beats out all other places. The stats just do not show that. I can however say, FOR ME, it is the best place to live.

*censored*
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd take Finland if I knew the language (though most linguists say it's the hardest to learn). Australia and New Zealand would be right behind-- at least I can speak their language, aside from a few terms (fair dinkum?)

habsheaven
06-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I'd take Finland if I knew the language (though most linguists say it's the hardest to learn). Australia and New Zealand would be right behind-- at least I can speak their language, aside from a few terms (fair dinkum?)

Those are all great countries that rank high on the list. Why I would choose to remain in Canada is simply because I do not know if I could handle the "culture shock". Quite frankly, I enjoy the North American culture much like many people around the world do.

magic_bobcat
06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I've only read the title of the article but...

bahahha how can you be pregnant before you're pregnant?

magic_bobcat
06-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Sorry what have we done to look in the mirror about? Please explain.

*censored*
06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Those are all great countries that rank high on the list. Why I would choose to remain in Canada is simply because I do not know if I could handle the "culture shock". Quite frankly, I enjoy the North American culture much like many people around the world do.

That's the main reason those three are on my list. High on the HDI, high level of happiness among their people, stable economies, and fairly non-religious.

I spent three weeks in Australia in high school. Would love to go again for longer.

sublime420
06-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Arizona is a joke. The landscape and such is great, but all the ridiculous laws cancel it out