PDA

View Full Version : German court rules religious circumcision on boys is assault

pwaldo
06-29-2012, 10:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/german-court-outlaws-religious-circumcision-172728400.html;_ylt=Ak7qQNNaVewEA2TwTUjakPqmWot4;_ ylu=X3oDMTUwdDBkbzV0BGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A0FydGljbG UgTW9zdCBQb3B1bGFyBHBrZwNjN2Q0YmRh...

drtom2005
06-29-2012, 10:06 PM
This is really not cool at all. All I can say is wow.

JustAlex
06-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh Germany....going after the Jews again....

habsheaven
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM
I think the court is right. It is an assault. Just as female circumcisions are assaults.

AUTaxMan
06-29-2012, 11:18 PM
That is disgusting. They have told Jews that they can no longer practice an aspect of their religion. Not cool at all.

habsheaven
06-29-2012, 11:31 PM
So are you all saying you are OK with female circumcisions that are performed on adolescent girls leaving them maimed for life? They too are performed under the guise of a religious custom.

shrewsbury
06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
habs, good point.

obviously this is quite different from jewish male cirumcision, so I am unsure how to compare the two

JustAlex
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM
So are you all saying you are OK with female circumcisions that are performed on adolescent girls leaving them maimed for life? They too are performed under the guise of a religious custom.

Correct, but I think it's a little different for Jews.

#1 Jews aren't just about religion, it's a culture...

#2 Male circumcision isn't really that bad, is it?

I don't know since I'm NOT circumcised....

Having said all that, I'm definitely NOT saying the German courts are wrong, I just find it a little funny that Germany is telling Jews they can't do something.

It's a recipe for disaster!

ensbergcollector
06-30-2012, 12:04 AM
habs - really trying to compare the two?

magic_bobcat
06-30-2012, 05:58 AM
OH MY.

I can not believe that the responses in this thread. For starters, the Germans are not 'going after the Jews'. They have not said 'only Jewish people aren't allowed to get circumcised'. In fact it was because of a Muslim circumcision that this came about. Lets not just assume that Germans are still Nazis because thats a bit pathetic.

And while I understand Habs' logic, male and female circumcision are not the same. One, I believe, just takes away a bit of excessive skin while the other permanently denies someone of orgasms basically.

AUTaxMan. Ok so yes and no have they denied Jews of one of their practices. Can people still be circumcised? Yes. Can we do it to babies? No. Is it just Jews that have been banned? No.

But what about all these religious practices that are banned?
Rastafarians aren't allowed to smoke marijuana?
Mormon Polygamy?

OR what about national anthems that state that God exists (God bless America/save the Queen) as an atheist you have the choice sing against something you don't believe in or appear unpatriotic.

habsheaven
06-30-2012, 07:10 AM
habs - really trying to compare the two?

I should have been clearer. I was attempting to compare the justification for both acts and the ability of the person being circumcised to consent to the act. On a basic level, both are an assault. Granted one is more serious than the other.

tpeichel
06-30-2012, 11:18 AM
There are plenty of restrictions on religious freedom in Germany, just add this one to the list.

theonedru
06-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh Germany....going after the Jews again....

Seriously I am just aghast you thought this was ok to even think let alone say.. Just WHY??? wow

JustAlex
06-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Seriously I am just aghast you thought this was ok to even think let alone say.. Just WHY??? wow

Oh c'mon it's clearly a joke...

It's been 77 years since WWII, no one including myself actually thinks Germany is out to get Jews.

Did you read my second comment, I said that Germans telling Jews something they can't do is a recipe for disaster.

Not because they're actually going after them, but because there are still some wounds that will NEVER heal, it's probably best not to do this...

It's weird, I think the German court does have a point, but I just think that since almost ALL Jews do circumcision, this could have ugly implications of "Germany vs. Jews", and we DON'T want to go down that road.

Or I could be completely wrong, if so, It was a bad joke, so there....

Gorillawits
06-30-2012, 10:42 PM
OH MY.

I can not believe that the responses in this thread. For starters, the Germans are not 'going after the Jews'. They have not said 'only Jewish people aren't allowed to get circumcised'. In fact it was because of a Muslim circumcision that this came about. Lets not just assume that Germans are still Nazis because thats a bit pathetic.

And while I understand Habs' logic, male and female circumcision are not the same. One, I believe, just takes away a bit of excessive skin while the other permanently denies someone of orgasms basically.

AUTaxMan. Ok so yes and no have they denied Jews of one of their practices. Can people still be circumcised? Yes. Can we do it to babies? No. Is it just Jews that have been banned? No.

But what about all these religious practices that are banned?
Rastafarians aren't allowed to smoke marijuana?
Mormon Polygamy?

OR what about national anthems that state that God exists (God bless America/save the Queen) as an atheist you have the choice sing against something you don't believe in or appear unpatriotic.

Um Hitler's bilogical daughter (Angela Merkala) is still the chancelor of Germany.

magic_bobcat
06-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Um Hitler's bilogical daughter (Angela Merkala) is still the chancelor of Germany.

Proof?

JustAlex
06-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I LOVE conspiracy theories (I don't believe them, but they're so entertaining)....

LOL, so some people believe Angela Merkel has a lineage from Hitler?

WOW, I'm going to look into this :D:

theonedru
06-30-2012, 11:07 PM

Lets here some concrete argument instead of some fanciful conspiracy theory that holds zero merit.

Gorillawits
06-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Proof?

She has the big boobs from her mother (Eva Braun) and add the little mustache and she is a mold of Hitler and Braun.

The reason why the Russians raced to Berlin (sacraficing thousands of Russian soliders needlessly) was to make sure an American gunghoe GI did not blow Hitler away before he got out of Germany. Hitler got to survive just Like Napleon did. Stalin did not hate Hitler, they were cut from the same cloth.

Why would any Amercian be foolish enough to trust what the Russians found? They were just as brutal as the Nazi's. Just a Few years later they sent weapons to Korea to Kill American Soliders. Then in Vietnam, they did the same thing.

theonedru
06-30-2012, 11:13 PM
She has the big boobs from her mother (Eva Braun) and add the little mustache and she is a mold of Hitler and Braun

That is in such poor taste that I cannot even respond with what I want to say as I do not need to get suspended.

I think its best and anyone would agree that we just ignore Gorillawits posts/threads from now on....

Gorillawits
06-30-2012, 11:15 PM
That is in such poor taste that I cannot even respond with what I want to say as I do not need to get suspended.

I think its best and anyone would agree that we just ignore Gorillawits posts/threads from now on....

So the only way to not have poor taste, is to call Stalin your friend like you do?

theonedru
06-30-2012, 11:17 PM
So the only way to not have poor taste, is to call Stalin your friend like you do?

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the rules of this forum

Gorillawits
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the rules of this forum

The rules of the forum state other people get to mock me and I can't sy anything back?

theonedru
06-30-2012, 11:25 PM
The rules of the forum state other people get to mock me and I can't sy anything back?

When you say something unfounded or wrong.immoral then you open yourself up to refute, But do not go singling someone out like myself and saying what you said, that is an indirect personal attack and is forbidden. If someone breaks the rules by saying something to you report the post don't drag yourself down to their level that accomplishes nothing but a flame war and we do not need those, they are bothersome and immature

habsheaven
06-30-2012, 11:31 PM

I think you are right. It's time to put him on ignore.

Gorillawits
06-30-2012, 11:59 PM
When you say something unfounded or wrong.immoral then you open yourself up to refute, But do not go singling someone out like myself and saying what you said, that is an indirect personal attack and is forbidden. If someone breaks the rules by saying something to you report the post don't drag yourself down to their level that accomplishes nothing but a flame war and we do not need those, they are bothersome and immature

I don't need to hide behind mods like you do. You did a personall attack on me, so I just said something back to you.

Aparntly I am a horrible person, because I dragged myself down to your level.

Gorillawits
07-01-2012, 12:01 AM
I think you are right. It's time to put him on ignore.

You should have not repied to this thread if you were going to "ignore" my posts.

theonedru
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
I don't need to hide behind mods like you do. You did a personall attack on me, so I just said something back to you.

Aparntly I am a horrible person, because I dragged myself down to your level.

see there we go again....

shrewsbury
07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
gorillawits, that's a new one on me, never heard that one. i have some questions;

so the daughter of hitler runs germany and is now slowly going after the jews?

and she is 9 years older than she says?

she was raised by her fake parents who must have been in with the nazi's some how?

does she know she is hitlers daughter?

hitlers alive?

hitler is alive and doesn't live in south america?

is hitler secretly ruling germany and has he been all along?

that is some scary stuff

Gorillawits
07-01-2012, 06:24 AM
gorillawits, that's a new one on me, never heard that one. i have some questions;

so the daughter of hitler runs germany and is now slowly going after the jews?

and she is 9 years older than she says?

she was raised by her fake parents who must have been in with the nazi's some how?

does she know she is hitlers daughter?

hitlers alive?

hitler is alive and doesn't live in south america?

is hitler secretly ruling germany and has he been all along?

that is some scary stuff

I don't think Hitler secretly ran Germany "if" he got out. My best guess would be he got on a German submarine and could have lived out the rest of his life in luxary on an island. Some say he went to South America, but I have never researched that much into it. I also thought for years he could have died in that explosion when his own guys saw that he was insane and tried to blow him up. (the room looked like no one could have survived after I saw old photos after the explosion) For all I know they used a lookalike to prolong ther war. (Like Saddam had)

Even if he did commit suicide in his bunker, his surviving inner circle could have DR's freeze his sperm and Eva Braun's eggs to try to prolong his seed.

Napleon's paymasters rewarded him for the genocide he commited. Naploen must have had prostitues shipped to him on his lsland, because he died of syphilis. They both worked for the same groups just around 100 years apart.

Stalin died on the other hand because he killed off his best pyschians, so when he got poisend for nolonger "playing the game", there were no Drs left that could save him.

*censored*
07-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Can we just ban the troll already?

Hairylemon
07-01-2012, 01:17 PM
A nice leeson on European history there,congratulations to whoever taught you. Did you get a D- or an E?

Napolean died of a a peptic ulcer and gastric cancer.
Stalin died of a massive stroke which no doctor would be able to help him with.
As for Hitler, well lets just say your theory is laughable at best.

Do tell whats wrong with Frau Merkel, afraid of her because she can run a profitable economy when yours and everyone elses is failing?

AUTaxMan
07-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Can we just ban the troll already?

Seriously. Enough is enough.

Gorillawits
07-02-2012, 02:45 AM
see there we go again....

There we go again what?

Gorillawits
07-02-2012, 02:54 AM
A nice leeson on European history there,congratulations to whoever taught you. Did you get a D- or an E?

Napolean died of a a peptic ulcer and gastric cancer.
Stalin died of a massive stroke which no doctor would be able to help him with.
As for Hitler, well lets just say your theory is laughable at best.

Do tell whats wrong with Frau Merkel, afraid of her because she can run a profitable economy when yours and everyone elses is failing?

Then you should move to Germany if Angela gives you the desire of your heart. America is only in debt because it gave up its christianity and embraced paganism.
England is going to be one of the lowest of th EU countires in the near future. When the US goes belly up you won't have your same pull with the rest of Europe like you do now.

Star_Cards
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM

from what I know, comparing female circumcision and male circumcision is apples and oranges. Male circumcision isn't done to remove pleasure from sexual activity once the person hits puberty. From what I know about female circumcision that is the goal, to suppress the pleasure a woman receives from sexual contact.

EDIT... read your follow up to not comparing them exactly.

mrveggieman
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
from what I know, comparing female circumcision and male circumcision is apples and oranges. Male circumcision isn't done to remove pleasure from sexual activity once the person hits puberty. From what I know about female circumcision that is the goal, to suppress the pleasure a woman receives from sexual contact.

Why would any man want to be with a woman who can't feel anything?

Star_Cards
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
She has the big boobs from her mother (Eva Braun) and add the little mustache and she is a mold of Hitler and Braun.

The reason why the Russians raced to Berlin (sacraficing thousands of Russian soliders needlessly) was to make sure an American gunghoe GI did not blow Hitler away before he got out of Germany. Hitler got to survive just Like Napleon did. Stalin did not hate Hitler, they were cut from the same cloth.

Why would any Amercian be foolish enough to trust what the Russians found? They were just as brutal as the Nazi's. Just a Few years later they sent weapons to Korea to Kill American Soliders. Then in Vietnam, they did the same thing.

LOL... the size of her breasts and the fact that she looks like hitler if you put his mustache on her is the proof you have. LOL!!! that is hilarious.

You honestly think that the Soviet Union wanted to get to hitler first so they could save him? The Soviet Union lost 7-8 million people in World War II. It's very difficult to think that they wanted to save hitler. Kill him before the U.S. did, yes. save him? doubtful.

Star_Cards
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Why would any man want to be with a woman who can't feel anything?

I wouldn't, but the people who circumcise females or what to seem to do it out of control. I think they feel that if the woman doesn't get pleasure out of sex she won't grow up to be a sexual being... I guess. I'm not an expert on why it is done, but from what I hear it seems to happen in cultures that view women in a more subservient role to men.

mrveggieman
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't, but the people who circumcise females or what to seem to do it out of control. I think they feel that if the woman doesn't get pleasure out of sex she won't grow up to be a sexual being... I guess. I'm not an expert on why it is done, but from what I hear it seems to happen in cultures that view women in a more subservient role to men.

Yeah I believe that they do that so their woman will not run around on them. It's still stupid because now you have a woman who has no interest in having sex with anyone including her own husband.

AUTaxMan
07-02-2012, 12:19 PM

What if they passed a law declaring that the practice of any religion at all was prohibited? That would apply equally to everyone. In your book, would that be justified?

Star_Cards
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah I believe that they do that so their woman will not run around on them. It's still stupid because now you have a woman who has no interest in having sex with anyone including her own husband.

something tells me that in these situations, the woman's desire to have sex or not isn't all that important.

habsheaven
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
What if they passed a law declaring that the practice of any religion at all was prohibited? That would apply equally to everyone. In your book, would that be justified?

That's not the same thing. They are banning a practice that infringes on the rights of a human being. That is the justification. There would be no justification to ban one or all religions so it wouldn't be just to do so.

magic_bobcat
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM

No.

They're not banning a religious practice, they're simply putting an age limit on a practice. For instance if they said no circumcisions for boys under 7 then I would have no problem with that.

If they said no circumcisions ever. Then I would have an issue with that because you're taking away a persons right to practice religion freely.

Gorillawits
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
@star_cards
I take it you look nothing like your biological mother and father?

Wickabee
07-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Artistic license doesn't apply to history, Gorillawits.