PDA

View Full Version : Innocent woman spends 53 days in jail

mrveggieman
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/innocent-woman-spends-53-1471121.html

Star_Cards
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
this seems very odd that somewhere down the line, early in the process, that they wouldn't have figured out the officer went to the wrong house and picked up the wrong woman. Heck, the officer should have recognized it once he got their. Even though pleas of innocence go on deaf ears of officers, how does he miss this? How does he miss the fact that this woman doesn't have the same name? I assume that she had ID and the officer looked her up before taking her in? It seems like this officer failed to follow some sort of protocol. It seems like this officer needs to go back for some more training or just doesn't have what it takes to be an officer. I can't really see any reasonable explanation as to how this happened other than his incompetence.

MadMan1978
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Ok so really...It took 53 days to clear this mess up? And how many people came in contact with this case and did not do the right thing and check the story? WOW! sounds like a fat and juice law suit coming up!

ensbergcollector
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok so really...It took 53 days to clear this mess up? And how many people came in contact with this case and did not do the right thing and check the story? WOW! sounds like a fat and juice law suit coming up!

+1

theonedru
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I'll do 2 months behind bars for the chance to never have to work again.....