PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising ideas

TitansFan
07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever done any type of fundraising.

My fiance and I are adopting a wish from a little girl that wants to go to Disney World with The Make a Wish Foundation. The wish will be about $7,000, and we are currently looking at different fundraising ideas to get this underway. I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks,
Steve

magic_bobcat
07-05-2012, 09:15 PM
You could ask people on here to maybe send in a couple of unwanted cards, then sell them on eBay under the charity option.

Do a sponsored run/walk?

If the little girl needs to fly there email round the airline companies to see if any of them want to discount/donate the flights as a PR stunt. Same could go with Disney although they must receive thousands of similar requests.

Get a just giving account (or similar in the USA) and have it linked in your sig, so if people on here wanna donate a $ each you could possibly get (goes to see if there are member numbers) $24434.

Um thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll have a think for you.

The best of luck

andrewhoya
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Yankee Candles.

andrewhoya
07-05-2012, 10:12 PM
JetBlue gives out free flights a lot for stuff like this. Plus, they are big in Orlando.
You could ask people on here to maybe send in a couple of unwanted cards, then sell them on eBay under the charity option.

Do a sponsored run/walk?

If the little girl needs to fly there email round the airline companies to see if any of them want to discount/donate the flights as a PR stunt. Same could go with Disney although they must receive thousands of similar requests.

Get a just giving account (or similar in the USA) and have it linked in your sig, so if people on here wanna donate a $ each you could possibly get (goes to see if there are member numbers) $24434.

Um thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll have a think for you.

The best of luck

magic_bobcat
07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
JetBlue gives out free flights a lot for stuff like this. Plus, they are big in Orlando.

Maybe Dwight Howard could pitch in, he definitely needs some good PR down in Orlando.

But seriously though, it would be worth an email.

Edit: To JetBlue, not Dwight (he would commit, then cancel, then commit, then cancel. Would be a logistical nightmare)

chrisjacobs7
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I'd recommend checking out Indie Go Go. I've never personally used it, but it looks like an excellent method for raising $.

TitansFan
07-08-2012, 09:00 PM
This is the method I went with. I had a friend do a fundraisor on here once before.. Thanks for the advice!

I'd recommend checking out Indie GoGo. I've never personally used it, but it looks like an excellent method for raising $.

chrisjacobs7
07-11-2012, 12:16 PM
This is the method I went with. I had a friend do a fundraisor on here once before.. Thanks for the advice!

If you haven't already raised the funds, could you pm me a link to the fundraiser? I'd love to help out.

TitansFan
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Starting the fundraiser soon. On military orders currently.

bradsholly
07-14-2012, 07:00 PM
hey steve...inbox is full and needed to find something out from you!!

TitansFan
07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
She's empty now.