PDA

View Full Version : Police officer fired because he was muslim sues

mrveggieman
07-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Now if this guy was a christian and the same thing happened to him everyone would have a fit over it. It's just so sad that in today's day and times one cannot peacefully and legally practice his/her chosen religion without reprisals. I hope he gets a nice payday and whoever fired him gets blackballed from ever working again.

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2012/07/05/norton-ohio-muslim-police-officer-files-religious-discrimination-lawsuit/

angel0430
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
That is completely wrong and I think this is the first time I agree with you on something...lol...it is sad that people do not have an open mind about religions and other stuff that is changing daily in our society.

Star_Cards
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
If he was in fact fired from his job because of his faith hopefully the person who fired him will be looking for a job soon as well.

I tend to agree with you that if it were a christian we'd be hearing lots about this simply because so many more of the national media members are christian and would have that connection. Hopefully this will get some national tread.

ensbergcollector
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
if everything happened as stated i don't think you would find anyone who would not be on his side. not sure why we have to bring christians and christianity into every single thread but i guess i should be used to it by now.

mrveggieman
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
if everything happened as stated i don't think you would find anyone who would not be on his side. not sure why we have to bring christians and christianity into every single thread but i guess i should be used to it by now.

You conservatives always like to complain about the so called liberal media. Here is a story that was ignored on all of the mainstream newsgroups. Let this be a christian and I guarantee that it would be a front page story.

11chaos
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Surprised that our Muslim loving Leader didn't have something to say about this.

mrveggieman
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Surprised that our Muslim loving Leader didn't have something to say about this.

Im not sure of which leader you are referring to. My elected president loves everyone regadless or race or religion.

ensbergcollector
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Im not sure of which leader you are referring to. My elected president loves everyone regadless or race or religion.

lol...you really did drink the kool-aid didn't you

11chaos
07-06-2012, 12:33 PM

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001716967/2754610628_barack_obama_sucka_drank_the_kool_aid_d idnt_ya_xlarge.jpeg

MadMan1978
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM

I would say EVER President should have just that attitude

11chaos
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM

No offense Dude but that's Niave.

mrveggieman
07-06-2012, 01:04 PM

Mabey I used the wrong wording. I should have said that our president works for the best intrests of all of his people regardless of race or religion.

MadMan1978
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM

So it is Naive to think that our Elected leaders whether they be Republican Democrat or otherwise, that they embrace the freedoms outlined in the Bill of rights? the very same ones you proud defend on each deployment?

Wickabee
07-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah but he said "loves everyone". He's Obama, not Jesus.

As to the Christian bit, there was really no need to take it as an offense on the part of Christians as the comment was speaking more to the media than any religion. Sometimes people are too sensitive.

11chaos
07-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Mabey I used the wrong wording. I should have said that our president works for the best intrests of all of his people regardless of race or religion.

Still niave but something I also wish was true.

So it is Naive to think that our Elected leaders whether they be Republican Democrat or otherwise, that they embrace the freedoms outlined in the Bill of rights? the very same ones you proud defend on each deployment?

In the perfect world that would be true, sadly this isn't Nirvana and he's not the Darling of Change. Do I wish that our elected officials actually cared about the people who voted to place them in power, Yes. I don't defend the politicians, I defend our Country. I Love my Country, not a bunch of Politicians.

mrveggieman
07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah but he said "loves everyone". He's Obama, not Jesus.

As to the Christian bit, there was really no need to take it as an offense on the part of Christians as the comment was speaking more to the media than any religion. Sometimes people are too sensitive.

Yeah I know the he loves us all was a little bit over the top, but the point I was making is that I am going to support my president just like all the republicans loved and supported bush despite all the idiotic things that he did.

11chaos
07-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Party Affliation isn't the right way. Common sense should prevail.

habsheaven
07-06-2012, 02:49 PM

You really needed to respond to veggie's statement with this, and passed right over 11chaos's statement? If anyone is drinking kool-aid it is 11chaos.

As to the article. First, it wouldn't happen to a christian so any comparison is ridiculous. Second, I would be interested in hearing what the other side has to say. From what has been told, this is "knock me over the head with a sledgehammer" blatant. I have a hard time believing we have the WHOLE story.

cbuskstwar
07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I never heard about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7htmmEhNwQ

mrveggieman
07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I never heard about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7htmmEhNwQ

That cop is an idiot. He says that going there would conflict with his religious beliefs. He's is not going there for religion he is going there for a community service event. Or does he belive that muslims should not be a part of the community. It serves him right and I don't feel sorry for him at all.

11chaos
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
You really needed to respond to veggie's statement with this, and passed right over 11chaos's statement? If anyone is drinking kool-aid it is 11chaos.

Oh that's not nice. I have opinions and they don't necessarily align with yours. As far as drinking Kool-Aid, yes I drink it but mine is flavored Freedom and Love of my Country not mindless prattle because I decide to align myself with one party or the other. I listen and try to research each candidate.

habsheaven
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
So your "research" has led you to make disparaging comments about your leader's interactions with the Muslim community. If that doesn't sound like the "kool-aid" Limbaugh and Beck are mixing up, I don't know what does.

Sorry, normally I wouldn't have singled you out, but your "kool-aid worthy" comment was worse than veggie's, so it needed to be included.

Oh that's not nice. I have opinions and they don't necessarily align with yours. As far as drinking Kool-Aid, yes I drink it but mine is flavored Freedom and Love of my Country not mindless prattle because I decide to align myself with one party or the other. I listen and try to research each candidate.

ensbergcollector
07-06-2012, 04:27 PM

As to the article. First, it wouldn't happen to a christian so any comparison is ridiculous. Second, I would be interested in hearing what the other side has to say. From what has been told, this is "knock me over the head with a sledgehammer" blatant. I have a hard time believing we have the WHOLE story.

i had started to quote and then checked e-mail before i did. wasn't trying to overlook anyone's statement. the comment would apply to chaos' statement as well. i just think for anyone to say a politician cares for and loves everyone is definitely kool-aid worthy. Every politician, on any side, is only worried about votes and lobbyists.

habsheaven
07-06-2012, 04:52 PM
i had started to quote and then checked e-mail before i did. wasn't trying to overlook anyone's statement. the comment would apply to chaos' statement as well. i just think for anyone to say a politician cares for and loves everyone is definitely kool-aid worthy. Every politician, on any side, is only worried about votes and lobbyists.

Agreed.

hawk2618
07-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I agree with ensbergcollector.....everytime anything happens due to a religion other than christianity,it's ALWAYS the christian religion that hits the news also "if it was Christianity it would be".That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO getting old!!!Try labeling another religion for a change other than christians.I hate being thrust in the spotlight under false pretenses everytime!!

Wickabee
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I agree with ensbergcollector.....everytime anything happens due to a religion other than christianity,it's ALWAYS the christian religion that hits the news also "if it was Christianity it would be".That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO getting old!!!Try labeling another religion for a change other than christians.I hate being thrust in the spotlight under false pretenses everytime!!

In this scenario, what is Christianity being labelled as, exactly?

The fact of the matter is, he's right, but it's a bad comparison. There is no need to feel "labelled" or "cast into the spotlight" as the statement says nothing about Christianity and everything about media.

11chaos
07-07-2012, 04:28 AM
So your "research" has led you to make disparaging comments about your leader's interactions with the Muslim community. If that doesn't sound like the "kool-aid" Limbaugh and Beck are mixing up, I don't know what does.

Sorry, normally I wouldn't have singled you out, but your "kool-aid worthy" comment was worse than veggie's, so it needed to be included.

FYI: I don't agree with those idiot's either by the way. They are part of the problem. Instead of working against each other as hard as they try to, they should be looking and finding a solution not being part of the problem.

mrveggieman
07-07-2012, 09:33 AM
FYI: I don't agree with those idiot's either by the way. They are part of the problem. Instead of working against each other as hard as they try to, they should be looking and finding a solution not being part of the problem.

I can actually agree with you on that.

theonedru
07-08-2012, 05:55 AM

That would start with dissolving all political parties, making political contributions of any kind illegal and forcing each candidate run on their own merit. Also dissolve any special perks for any government official and put them on the same pay/retirement scale as the average citizen with equal regular benefits.

11chaos
07-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I never said to dissolve the parties, I just said I am not affliated with any one party.

As far as the rest, nope.

mrveggieman
07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
That would start with dissolving all political parties, making political contributions of any kind illegal and forcing each candidate run on their own merit. Also dissolve any special perks for any government official and put them on the same pay/retirement scale as the average citizen with equal regular benefits.

You are actually on to something. For example since most republicans are against the people having health care they should set the example as our elected leaders and give up all of their health care benefits for themselves and their families. Also since they have no problem spending other peoples money if they were made to step they own game up and prehaps have their pay reduced to minumum wage until they can stop their wasteful spending.

Wickabee
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
The problem with all of that is, if being a politician gets you nothing more than the average, no one worth having in government will ever be persuaded to run for anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the politicians we have now, but I can only imagine what we'd get if it paid the average citizen's wage.

mrveggieman
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
The problem with all of that is, if being a politician gets you nothing more than the average, no one worth having in government will ever be persuaded to run for anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the politicians we have now, but I can only imagine what we'd get if it paid the average citizen's wage.

Something has got to change. These politicians are treated like gods and godesses and yet spit in the face of the taxpayers who elect them to these high paying and rewarding jobs. Prehaps paying them on some type of sliding scale based on what they accompolish.

Wickabee
07-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Something has got to change. These politicians are treated like gods and godesses and yet spit in the face of the taxpayers who elect them to these high paying and rewarding jobs. Prehaps paying them on some type of sliding scale based on what they accompolish.

Oh you'll get no argument from me that something needs to change and I'll be first in line to abolish the party system (at least in Canada), but, while I agree they're paid way too much for way too little simply cutting their pay is just going to make most people say, "Why would I be a politician for $30,000/yr when I could be a lawyer for $300,000/yr?" and I wouldn't blame them. Maybe don't lower their salaries, but for every day/vote/session they miss X amount comes off their paycheck and back into public funds to be used for policing/roads/what-have-you. I'm not so much upset about how much we're paying them as I am about how little they actually do.

11chaos
07-09-2012, 02:34 AM
If it was to fall to the Avg Man's wages, then corporations would be running things in front instead of from behind the scenes.