PDA

View Full Version : Recent in-person autos

treywilson757
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I have had a few in-person successes in the last few weeks, all of them coming at the home of the Norfolk Tides, Baltimore's Triple-A affiliate.

I am trying to ease my way into chasing in-person sigs again, and here's how it turned out.

Game 1
Rawlings Official Appalachian League Baseball I found on the floorboard of my truck. All signatures came before the game down the first base line, and all were Norfolk Tides players...
Joe Mahoney, Jamie Hoffman, Lew Ford, Chris Tillman, Miguel Tejada, Brandon Waring.

Game 2
Caught a Rawlings Official International League Baseball fouled into the seats by LJ Hoes, and since there were no kids around I kept it for myself. I waited outside the home clubhouse after the game and got the following signatures...
Jamie Moyer (released two days later), Chris Tillman, Miguel Tejada, Jamie Hoffman, Xavier Avery, LJ Hoes, Bill Hall, Nate McLouth

Game 3
Took two of my younger brothers (ages 9 and 7) to a game with me, and they wanted to get a few signatures. I got a few along the way, as well.

David Wilson, formerly a RB for Virginia Tech and 2012 first-round draft pick of the New York Giants, was at the game for "Hokies Night." He signed a Virginia Tech mini-helmet for me (which already had Ryan Williams of the Arizona Cardinals on one side), and also signed a promotional card.

After the game, I got the same Rawlings Official International League Baseball signed by a few more players leaving the clubhouse, including...

Dontrelle Willis (retired the next morning, so I am pretty sure I got the last autograph he ever signed as an active baseball player), Zach Britton, Lew Ford, Joe Mahoney, Jamie Hoffman, Brad Bergesen, Scott Thomas, Caleb Joseph, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head right now.

I also got Nate McLouth on a 2010 Topps.

treywilson757
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh and I forgot one...

I traveled up to Baltimore with a few friends to catch the Orioles play the Angels on June 26 and I got a Rawlings Official Major League Baseball signed by Howie Kendrick.

treywilson757
07-13-2012, 03:04 AM
I headed out to Norfolk tonight and pulled in a few signatures at the Tides/IronPigs game.

Lehigh Valley manager Ryne Sandberg signed a 1993 Donruss card for me before the game. I also used a nice female coworker for bait and she got him to sign a baseball on the sweet spot for me and he added a HOF 05 inscription. Rod Nichols signed the other side of the baseball before I realized Sandberg was actually going to come sign.

Before the game I got Jamie Hoffman to sign his 2009 Topps Rookie and a 2006 Bowman, Lew Ford on a 2006 Upper Deck Epic #109/450, and LJ Hoes on a pair of 2009 Tristar Projections cards.

Following the game, Jason Berken signed a 2010 Topps When They Were Young card, Rich Rundles on a 2009 Topps Finest Rookie, Zach Britton on a 2011 Topps Gold Update Rookie card, #0770/2011, Brian Matusz on a 2011 Topps Opening Day Blue Parallel #1891/2011, Brad Bergesen on a 2010 Topps, and Pat Neshek on a 2011 Topps Gold #1187/2011.