PDA

View Full Version : Taliban commander says taliban cannot win afgan war

mrveggieman
07-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Your thoughts:

http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-commander-says-taliban-cannot-win-afghan-war-131208823--abc-news-topstories.html

Star_Cards
07-11-2012, 05:19 PM
well the fact that they know they can't win and admit it is a good sign. I don't know how much say they should have in the building of Afghanistan moving forward. However, I'd assume that there are many people who used to be connected to the Taliban or actually in the Taliban leadership who are in power now. I haven't researched that much, but it doesn't seem all that far fetched to assume that the people in power know had some sort of power before the Taliban was ran out.

It seems that corruption will be very prominent once the US leaves no matter what so I say leave as soon as possible and let's see what happens. I'm fine with some sort of agreement to get our troops out... or at least to a point where they are in war zones and in harms way like they are now.

Wickabee
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Might be a roundabout way of `winning` later on.

11chaos
07-12-2012, 05:40 AM
These people aren't worth any of the Coalition forces. As soon as we leave they will return to killing each other over crap that happened anywhere between a week ago or a thousand years ago.