PDA

View Full Version : TN principal resigns after making homophobic and insulting remarks.

mrveggieman
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Check out this idiot quote that the principal said:

“A couple of years ago when she was principal over at Sunny Hill one of my children had his hair in braids. At an assembly she told the young men if they’re sitting between the legs of a girl getting their hair braided for a few hours, that they must be gay.”

What an idiot. What straight guy wouldn't want to be sitting between the legs of a girl for a few hours? She needs to lose her job for being a complete moron.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/02/homophobic-tennessee-principal-resigns/

Wickabee
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Man I remember letting girls do just about anything from grade 5 to...well until I graduated. I had my hair braided (nothing like having a girl play with your hair for half an hour), nails painted (unless she's holding your hand), mascara put on me (or just staring into your eyes)...the list goes on and on. Now, I may be gay (I've never tried it, so for all I know...)but my wife insists I'm not. I don't know if I'd call her a complete moron, but she wasn't to bright with that comment.

I wouldn't call it "homophobic" either, though what I consider "homophobic" and the things that have the term haphazardly slapped on them are often not the same thing.

shrewsbury
07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
instead of the comment, why didn't she just ban it?

if that comment means she is homophobic, well I might be too, because i have made some dumb comments in my day (ya, i still do)

Wickabee
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
instead of the comment, why didn't she just ban it?

if that comment means she is homophobic, well I might be too, because i have made some dumb comments in my day (ya, i still do)

The people who use the word "homophobic" the most seem to have the least understanding of its meaning. This comment was not homophobic. It was less than sensitive, but it wasn't homophobic, just like saying black people like fried chicken isn't racist, but it is less than sensitive (everyone likes fried chicken, get over it). It seems she saw something she deemed to be a problem, but not one to start suspending for, and tried to stop it with some amount of (ill advised) humour. Trust me, if you want to stop young boys from doing something, ANYthing, tell them it's gay. That's not homophobic, it's not teaching or encouraging homophobia. It's working with what you've got. Kids are immature and they will learn when the time comes, or they won't. I understand why this became an issue, but in my perfect world, people would all get over themselves and realize what this really was.

Poorly though out, nothing more.

shrewsbury
07-12-2012, 05:02 PM
wickabee, nice post!

mrveggieman
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
The people who use the word "homophobic" the most seem to have the least understanding of its meaning. This comment was not homophobic. It was less than sensitive, but it wasn't homophobic, just like saying black people like fried chicken isn't racist, but it is less than sensitive (everyone likes fried chicken, get over it). It seems she saw something she deemed to be a problem, but not one to start suspending for, and tried to stop it with some amount of (ill advised) humour. Trust me, if you want to stop young boys from doing something, ANYthing, tell them it's gay. That's not homophobic, it's not teaching or encouraging homophobia. It's working with what you've got. Kids are immature and they will learn when the time comes, or they won't. I understand why this became an issue, but in my perfect world, people would all get over themselves and realize what this really was.

Poorly though out, nothing more.

I'm black and I don't eat fried chicken.

*censored*
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM

And I'm white and love the stuff.

Myth busted!

Wickabee
07-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Wow, that just incredible. Good for you!