PDA

View Full Version : Ebay collectors vs forum collectors

mfp535
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
I find myself selling on EBAY more and more lately. So my question is what percent of current collectors that collect newer cards 1994-present (not vintage) are on forums (BCF SCF ECT) and what percent are on EBAY. I am willing to sell on here for cheaper than EBAY of course because of the fees but still no one is buying.

Star_Cards
07-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I would bet that most people on here are also on ebay. There are some that are turned off by ebay, but most people sell/trade/buy on a lot of different sites.

I find it's always easier and less time consuming to buy and sell on ebay. It's a marketplace so that's going to be pretty obviously true.

mfp535
07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I would bet that most people on here are also on ebay. There are some that are turned off by ebay, but most people sell/trade/buy on a lot of different sites.

I find it's always easier and less time consuming to buy and sell on ebay. It's a marketplace so that's going to be pretty obviously true.agree but what percent of collectors on ebay do you think are on forums?

mrveggieman
07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Im not sure of that but I would think that more of them are on ebay because ebay has a much wider audience. Also some people who want something right away would just as soon buy the item then to haggle over a trade. I on the other hand trade as well as buy but like trading better because I don't have to spend money except for postage and I like the wheeling and dealing.

pwaldo
07-16-2012, 06:28 PM
If you are going to sell something your best bet is to sell it on eBay. EVERYONE and I mean everyone has heard of eBay. How many people have heard of SCF? Not many. Just look and see how many people who join every day who have never heard of this site. It has been around for almost 10 years but there is a huge chunk of sports collectors who have never heard about it.