PDA

View Full Version : FBI report: No evidence George Zimmerman is racist

mikesilvia
07-15-2012, 08:04 PM
An FBI investigation into the shooting of black teenager Travyon Martin concluded that there's no evidence the suspect, George Zimmerman, was motived by racial bias or hatred.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0712/FBI-report-No-evidence-George-Zimmerman-is-racist

habsheaven
07-15-2012, 08:42 PM
I never really thought he did to begin with.

gladdyontherise
07-15-2012, 08:54 PM
This won't change some peoples minds. I also never believed he was racist. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (among others) just like to shout racist to see if it will stick.

JustAlex
07-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Um, I don't think anyone really cares if he's a racist or not, the point is whether or not he murdered Trayvon Martin, that's it!

*censored*
07-16-2012, 12:02 AM
This won't change some peoples minds. I also never believed he was racist. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (among others) just like to shout racist to see if it will stick.

Sharpton/Jackson report: FBI is racist.

Afrank45
07-16-2012, 12:22 AM
link to FBI: report?

i read the entire article there was no link to these findings which would have been made public if they were reached.......i can go to go daddy.com buy a domain name make a website that looks news worthy and then say that hitler rode unicorns with ghandi while sipping mojitos and watching space balls next to the train headed for hogwarts, but without photographic proof it doesnt carry much water. im happy to believe the FBI came to these findings if i am able to read the report instead of taking a 3rd party's website as the truth.

mikesilvia
07-16-2012, 03:47 PM
link to FBI: report?

i read the entire article there was no link to these findings which would have been made public if they were reached.......i can go to go daddy.com buy a domain name make a website that looks news worthy and then say that hitler rode unicorns with ghandi while sipping mojitos and watching space balls next to the train headed for hogwarts, but without photographic proof it doesnt carry much water. im happy to believe the FBI came to these findings if i am able to read the report instead of taking a 3rd party's website as the truth.

The Christian Science Monitor is not a website that was just set up yesterday. Here is CNN (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CF8QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2012%2F07%2F12%2Fju stice%2Fflorida-teen-shooting%2Findex.html&ei=PG8EUNCMFoKQ6gH0stjPBg&usg=AFQjCNFTPVPIjs442fACIqXU1-Dyv8fCMA) and Fox News (http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/07/13/zimmerman-not-racist-fbi-report-states/) stating the same thing. Per CNN, here is the report: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/07/12/zimmerman.fdle.lab.reports.pdf

It looks to be from March. I'm not too sure with an investigation that the full interviews with witnesses will be released to the public.

Afrank45
07-16-2012, 06:57 PM
A few things...neither CNN nor Fox news say the FBI say in a report that Zimmerman was motivated or not motivated based on race rather that a florida detecitve (Chris Serino) drew the conclusion which he shared with the FBI that he believed zimmerman had a hero complex and not one motivated by race.

Also the case files you linked were not from the FBI but rather balistics and evidence reports from the florida law enforcement offices, not really relevant to the original topic.

These things being said racially motivated or not George zimmerman made a poor decision (following an individual in the dark) that ended with a child dead. Now you may think Zimmerman was entitled to defend himself by any means, you may have just posted this article to garner an intelligent debate. I dont know because you never stated your opinion one way or the other, but i do know that had george zimmerman just waited calmly for the police its likely no one would have ended up dead. In the end racially motivated or not a poor decision was made by one individual that led to the another individual losing his life, you can argue for days that Mr. zimmerman was merely defending himself but had he never decided to approach trayvon martin none if this would have happened, in the end the onus falls on the individual who provoked the situation which in this case was George Zimmerman

The Christian Science Monitor is not a website that was just set up yesterday. Here is CNN (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CF8QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2012%2F07%2F12%2Fju stice%2Fflorida-teen-shooting%2Findex.html&ei=PG8EUNCMFoKQ6gH0stjPBg&usg=AFQjCNFTPVPIjs442fACIqXU1-Dyv8fCMA) and Fox News (http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/07/13/zimmerman-not-racist-fbi-report-states/) stating the same thing. Per CNN, here is the report: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/07/12/zimmerman.fdle.lab.reports.pdf

It looks to be from March. I'm not too sure with an investigation that the full interviews with witnesses will be released to the public.

shrewsbury
07-16-2012, 08:39 PM
correct me if i am wrong but are there not witness' who say they seen martin come back and confront zimmerman?

habsheaven
07-16-2012, 09:01 PM
A few things...neither CNN nor Fox news say the FBI say in a report that Zimmerman was motivated or not motivated based on race rather that a florida detecitve (Chris Serino) drew the conclusion which he shared with the FBI that he believed zimmerman had a hero complex and not one motivated by race.

Also the case files you linked were not from the FBI but rather balistics and evidence reports from the florida law enforcement offices, not really relevant to the original topic.

These things being said racially motivated or not George zimmerman made a poor decision (following an individual in the dark) that ended with a child dead. Now you may think Zimmerman was entitled to defend himself by any means, you may have just posted this article to garner an intelligent debate. I dont know because you never stated your opinion one way or the other, but i do know that had george zimmerman just waited calmly for the police its likely no one would have ended up dead. In the end racially motivated or not a poor decision was made by one individual that led to the another individual losing his life, you can argue for days that Mr. zimmerman was merely defending himself but had he never decided to approach trayvon martin none if this would have happened, in the end the onus falls on the individual who provoked the situation which in this case was George Zimmerman

Mr Zimmerman's "poor" decision looks like it was followed by Martin's "poor" decision (from what has been told so far). Until ALL the evidence is presented it is unfair of you to claim Zimmerman's decisions were the fatal ones.

Afrank45
07-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Mr Zimmerman's "poor" decision looks like it was followed by Martin's "poor" decision (from what has been told so far). Until ALL the evidence is presented it is unfair of you to claim Zimmerman's decisions were the fatal ones.

no it isnt....i am dealing only in facts....

fact: martin was walking home, fact: zimmerman saw martin deemed him a threat. fact: zimmerman called authorities and was told to wait for the police. fact: zimmerman choose not to wait for authorities fact: zimmerman approaches martin first fact: incident occurs martin ends up dead. Those are the facts. zimmerman made the choice to approach martin anything that happens there after is a result of that initial choice, if that choice isnt made no altercation occurs and no one ends up dead

You can argue until the cows come home that martin retaliated and caused himself to meet his demise but the facts don't change if zimmerman just waits for the authorities none of the other facts that i presented occur.

Which side you are on is irrelevant in this case, if zimmerman was perfectly just in defending himself or if he killed martin in cold blood none of it matters because the situation never arises if he simply chooses to wait for the police.....for what its worth im inclined to believe that he probably was on the business end of a behind whooping and felt his life in danger unfortunately he would not have been in that position had he simply waited for the proper authorities

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 10:19 PM

fact: martin was walking home, fact: zimmerman saw martin deemed him a threat. fact: zimmerman called authorities and was told to wait for the police. fact: zimmerman choose not to wait for authorities fact: zimmerman approaches martin first fact: incident occurs martin ends up dead. Those are the facts. zimmerman made the choice to approach martin anything that happens there after is a result of that initial choice, if that choice isnt made no altercation occurs and no one ends up dead

You can argue until the cows come home that martin retaliated and caused himself to meet his demise but the facts don't change if zimmerman just waits for the authorities none of the other facts that i presented occur.

Which side you are on is irrelevant in this case, if zimmerman was perfectly just in defending himself or if he killed martin in cold blood none of it matters because the situation never arises if he simply chooses to wait for the police.....for what its worth im inclined to believe that he probably was on the business end of a behind whooping and felt his life in danger unfortunately he would not have been in that position had he simply waited for the proper authorities
Have you read the police reports? Zimmerman is not confronting Trayvon , Zimmerman is going to get the street name when the police told him to stop, It was Trayvon who confronted Zimmerman and ask him if he had a problem , when Zimmerman said no , that's when Tayvon "supposedly" attacked Zimmerman . And when Trayvon noticed the gun he told Zimmerman he was going to die . That's when Zimmerman shot him .

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey , We agree ....:hug:

gladdyontherise
07-16-2012, 10:26 PM

The only issue with your "facts" are they aren't all true (according to police reports).

habsheaven
07-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Please clarify this "fact" for me. What EXACTLY happened? You do not know, do you? As I already stated; you need ALL the facts.

Afrank45
07-17-2012, 09:32 AM
The only issue with your "facts" are they aren't all true (according to police reports).

Please clarify this "fact" for me. What EXACTLY happened? You do not know, do you? As I already stated; you need ALL the facts.

Gladdy which fact do you find fault in? the walking home? the phone call? the approach? Because those are the key cogs in to which set the final events into motion. One man who had a gun saw another man in his neighborhood deemed him a threat and in the end one of them passed.........

Habs, i dont need to know exactly what happened in the fight because i can say 100% percent without a shadow of doubt that had zimmerman waited like he was told none of the following events would have occurred. It would be like if I Afrank45 saw you Habsheaven walking down my street and i thought you looked suspicious and i approach you and you kick my butt, thats MY fault thats not your fault you werent looking to kick my butt, but the situation turned in such a manner that that is what resulted.

The point is george zimmerman can neither be attacked or be forced to draw his weapon if he doesnt go outside. That is the initial point of contact when the whole situation started.

gladdyontherise
07-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Gladdy which fact do you find fault in? the walking home? the phone call? the approach? Because those are the key cogs in to which set the final events into motion. One man who had a gun saw another man in his neighborhood deemed him a threat and in the end one of them passed.........

Habs, i dont need to know exactly what happened in the fight because i can say 100% percent without a shadow of doubt that had zimmerman waited like he was told none of the following events would have occurred. It would be like if I Afrank45 saw you Habsheaven walking down my street and i thought you looked suspicious and i approach you and you kick my butt, thats MY fault thats not your fault you werent looking to kick my butt, but the situation turned in such a manner that that is what resulted.

The point is george zimmerman can neither be attacked or be forced to draw his weapon if he doesnt go outside. That is the initial point of contact when the whole situation started.

Zimmerman never confronted him like you said. According to police reports, it was the other way around.

What you are talking about is an opinion, there is no fact that he confronted Martin.

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Huh? So if I kick your butt, it's YOUR fault? I have a right to kick your butt because you are following me? Some might argue I should just continue on my way until I either, get to where I am going, or I am stopped by police. Some also might argue that if I chose either of those 2 options I would still be alive. But go ahead, continue to blame the guy if you want.

Afrank45
07-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Huh? So if I kick your butt, it's YOUR fault? I have a right to kick your butt because you are following me? Some might argue I should just continue on my way until I either, get to where I am going, or I am stopped by police. Some also might argue that if I chose either of those 2 options I would still be alive. But go ahead, continue to blame the guy if you want.

First let me say that the part of you statement i bolded we agree on 100%

That being said you are now dealing in opinion and not fact. You dont know that george zimmerman was simply following martin and martin turned around and whooped him, that is no more fact than any of the semantics you've argued against me in our convo. If those were in fact facts there would be no trial because we all would knwo that George zimmerman did in fact do nothing other than self defense.

i am blaming his decision to go out anywhere near martin...im not sure which part of that isnt clear. i will use the example of you and i again. If I afrank45 see you habsheaven walking around late at night and i think you are a criminal or someone who is dangerous(which i hope we can agree that criminals are in fact dangerous) and i approach you because i think you are doing something wrong and you kick my butt it is my fault. Because i deduced that you were a danger and i approached you regardless.

Im not over here on my soap box shouting for trayvon martin im on my soap box saying george zimmerman made a bad choice and that choice cost him a butt whooping and martin his life. All the other rhetoric is pointless. Do i think trayvon martin was this wondrous kid who was a martyr for the african american race...heck no, but do i think george zimmerman instigated the situation by trying to be a vigilante of sorts yes.

Of course none of what we have argued for has anything to do with the original topic. And since its clear neither of us is going to change the others mind i thank you for the discussion and will agree to disagree.

Wickabee
07-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Guys, this didn't happen because Zimmerman saw a young, black man. This happened because Zimmerman saw a young man.

I have a feeling if it were the exact same scenario with a white kid or a latino kid or an asian kid the outcome would have been the same and everyone would still be calling him racist.

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I hear what you are saying. I just don't like picking out ONE decision and placing ALL the blame on that. There were obviously a number of bad choices made by both parties.

That being said you are now dealing in opinion and not fact. You dont know that george zimmerman was simply following martin and martin turned around and whooped him, that is no more fact than any of the semantics you've argued against me in our convo. If those were in fact facts there would be no trial because we all would knwo that George zimmerman did in fact do nothing other than self defense.

i am blaming his decision to go out anywhere near martin...im not sure which part of that isnt clear. i will use the example of you and i again. If I afrank45 see you habsheaven walking around late at night and i think you are a criminal or someone who is dangerous(which i hope we can agree that criminals are in fact dangerous) and i approach you because i think you are doing something wrong and you kick my butt it is my fault. Because i deduced that you were a danger and i approached you regardless.

Im not over here on my soap box shouting for trayvon martin im on my soap box saying george zimmerman made a bad choice and that choice cost him a butt whooping and martin his life. All the other rhetoric is pointless. Do i think trayvon martin was this wondrous kid who was a martyr for the african american race...heck no, but do i think george zimmerman instigated the situation by trying to be a vigilante of sorts yes.

Of course none of what we have argued for has anything to do with the original topic. And since its clear neither of us is going to change the others mind i thank you for the discussion and will agree to disagree.

Wickabee
07-17-2012, 03:31 PM

And that's why "Stand your ground" is crap. It means you don't have to consider any person a danger, because you can just kill them.

God bless America