PDA

View Full Version : Once again Rush is right .

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/16/barack_obama_hates_this_country

He was indoctrinated as a child. His father was a communist. His mother was a leftist. He was sent to prep and Ivy League schools where his contempt for the country was reinforced. He moved to Chicago. It was the home of the radical-left movement. He hooks up to Ayers and Dohrn and Rashid Khalidi. He learns the ruthlessness of Cook County politics. This is what we have as a president: A radical ideologue, a ruthless politician who despises the country and the way it was founded and the way in which it became great.He hates it.

mrveggieman
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Someone has been drinking the koolaid today. :whistle:

Wickabee
07-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Anyone who says ANY President hates the country, be it Obama, Bush, Nixon, Carter, Wilson or anyone, is merely parroting one of the stupidest comments ever uttered.

There, I said it.

*censored*
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
So prep and Ivy League schools cause contempt for the country in those who attend them?

Interesting. So we can label Mitt Romney as being loaded with contempt for the country too, right?

mrveggieman
07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
anyone who says any president hates the country, be it obama, bush, nixon, carter, wilson or anyone, is merely parroting one of the stupidest comments ever uttered.

There, i said it.

church!!

texansrangerfan73
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I bet ya anything after what's been coming out about Romney that Obama will be re-elected. No matter how much hate you have for him face it now that in November he will again emerge as President.

MadMan1978
07-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Someone has been drinking the koolaid today. :whistle:

not the koolaid

Rush likes pills.....
BUt your right the very right are out of their damn mind!

pghin08
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
How has your life changed under this "radical" president?

TheTGB
07-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Sometimes I think INTIMIDATOR is the best troll ever, or is so far to the right he's returned to the left.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Did you guys even look at the link . I posted the last paragraph because i knew you wouldn't read the link and jump to conclusions . Rush was talking about Obama saying if you own a company you didn't start it . Clearly the man hates the American way and can't stand the thought of independent people who can make it on there own . Obama does not understand our country and how it works , If he did the country would not be going WAY backwards . Obama doesn't understand how the free market works or anything about capitalism in which he cant stand . If he did he would not do the things he is doing with OUR money .

Rangerfans ...If Obama gets 1 million votes it will be lowest of low class in this country with there hands out, because the people who want it to continue to be the best on earth are tired of this incompetent, clueless,moronic and clearly in above his head man we have in office now .

Romney in a landslide !!

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 07:31 PM
The only thing they have on Romney is Bain capital in which he was not there when they say he was , Which should be very embarrassing for Obama , he clearly cannot run on his record , He clearly cannot run on his success with unemployment , clearly not on his efforts to provide affordable health insurance , Wait he can run on the debt problem he has leveled off , nope. lets see , how about job creation since he has created millions of jobs , nope lost more than created . The only thing he can run on is his brave efforts repelling down the rope to kill Bin Laden personally , Increasing the Food stamp rolls , setting a record # of consecutive months of record unemployment , and more people last month getting a disabilty check instead of a job. The man is an under disaster and clearly dosen't like this country or the way it works , I say back to Kenya in November for ol' Barack...

Rockman
07-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I say back to Kenya in November for ol' Barack...

I know it's Monday but this gets my early vote for racist comment of the week.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:03 PM
What is racists about it ? The man is proud of his up bringing in Kenya , If this is racists you lefty's are in for a long election .And the American people are sick and tired of the racists label , Old trick that will not work !

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:09 PM
So prep and Ivy League schools cause contempt for the country in those who attend them?

Interesting. So we can label Mitt Romney as being loaded with contempt for the country too, right?
I'll let Obama explain who he had teach him in college in his own words ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4EHmzslKLw

Just a few marxists professors and radical friends, I can almost garauntee Romney didn't have any marxists professors fill his head with hate for our country.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Sometimes I think INTIMIDATOR is the best troll ever, or is so far to the right he's returned to the left.

Troll ? really , No troling here just expressing my opinion and it seems you don't agree , That's ok !

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:12 PM
How has your life changed under this "radical" president?
Not much but it has shed a light on how one man can do more damage from the white house than a man can do from a foreign country who dosen't like us .

Wickabee
07-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Did you guys even look at the link . I posted the last paragraph because i knew you wouldn't read the link and jump to conclusions . Rush was talking about Obama saying if you own a company you didn't start it . Clearly the man hates the American way and can't stand the thought of independent people who can make it on there own . Obama does not understand our country and how it works , If he did the country would not be going WAY backwards . Obama doesn't understand how the free market works or anything about capitalism in which he cant stand . If he did he would not do the things he is doing with OUR money .

Rangerfans ...If Obama gets 1 million votes it will be lowest of low class in this country with there hands out, because the people who want it to continue to be the best on earth are tired of this incompetent, clueless,moronic and clearly in above his head man we have in office now .

Romney in a landslide !!

Again, anyone who says ANY President hates America is not worth listening to as they're just parroting idiocy. If you're goin to spew idiocy, at least come up with something new.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
not the koolaid

Rush likes pills.....
BUt your right the very right are out of their damn mind!
Let me see Rush had a problem with PRESCRIPTION pain killers and he is a dope head , I agree , However he is not running this country . Is it ok for Obama to clearly state he did drugs intusiastically including cocaine and smoked weed at a fast pace in college and during his younger years , and he runs the country . And if you want to see some wacked out ut of there mind democrats i can pull a ton off you tube for ya.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Again, anyone who says ANY President hates America is not worth listening to as they're just parroting idiocy. If you're goin to spew idiocy, at least come up with something new.
How about when he gets whipped in november we send him up to your country and let him do his work for you guy's .

MadMan1978
07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Let me see Rush had a problem with PRESCRIPTION pain killers and he is a dope head , I agree , However he is not running this country . Is it ok for Obama to clearly state he did drugs intusiastically including cocaine and smoked weed at a fast pace in college and during his younger years , and he runs the country . And if you want to see some wacked out ut of there mind democrats i can pull a ton off you tube for ya.

I could care LESS what you post of what RUSH SAYS! This is as close to hate radio I have ever seen. and NO ONE on either side of the isle has ever gone over the edge like this man has. Further more those who believe what he is saying is, well just like him. Honestly, I would question that persons character. Rush has gone to trash radio because he loathes Obama. I do so hope he will leave the country as he promised...oh wait that was just grab ratings right?

texansrangerfan73
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM

Romney in a landslide !!

WOW I feel insulted now because I gave my opinion. Thanks but hey if you like Romney vote for him, personally I like American jobs to stay in America but if outsourcing is your thing go for it. Whatever saves the capitalists money I say right!!

MadMan1978
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM
The only thing they have on Romney is Bain capital in which he was not there when they say he was , Which should be very embarrassing for Obama , he clearly cannot run on his record , He clearly cannot run on his success with unemployment , clearly not on his efforts to provide affordable health insurance , Wait he can run on the debt problem he has leveled off , nope. lets see , how about job creation since he has created millions of jobs , nope lost more than created . The only thing he can run on is his brave efforts repelling down the rope to kill Bin Laden personally , Increasing the Food stamp rolls , setting a record # of consecutive months of record unemployment , and more people last month getting a disabilty check instead of a job. The man is an under disaster and clearly dosen't like this country or the way it works , I say back to Kenya in November for ol' Barack...

So the people Bain/Romney put out work ? Jobs Out sourced? While they sent millions OUT of the country? You do realize he raise the business Taxes here in MA while Gov? as well supports and then Ask Romney why he didnt run for another term...

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
So the people Bain/Romney put out work ? Jobs Out sourced? While they sent millions OUT of the country? You do realize he raise the business Taxes here in MA while Gov? as well supports and then Ask Romney why he didnt run for another term...
Why are people concerned about what romney does with his money , but are not concerned what Obama does with our money. dosen't make sense . And the president is number 1 when it comes to outsourcing jobs , with 29 billion of stimulus funds going to outsourced jobs , why is that not a problem ?

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 08:58 PM
WOW I feel insulted now because I gave my opinion. Thanks but hey if you like Romney vote for him, personally I like American jobs to stay in America but if outsourcing is your thing go for it. Whatever saves the capitalists money I say right!!
If you like american jobs staying in america you better vote for Romney , he has created more jobs than Obama could create with OUR money . Romney hasn't sent 29 billion of OUR dollars to foreign countries.

habsheaven
07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I had no idea we had a Fox employee posting on the boards. The propaganda is flowing full speed tonight. Keep digging the hole deeper. lol

MadMan1978
07-16-2012, 10:19 PM
If you like american jobs staying in america you better vote for Romney , he has created more jobs than Obama could create with OUR money . Romney hasn't sent 29 billion of OUR dollars to foreign countries.
You are right he created more jobs then obama...OUT OF THE Country he has....

You prefer Bob or Bobby?

You are like Rush and I believe it isnt The Presidents Politics or leaning toward liberal social policies that you hate. I know RUSH has a HATE for the President. And I think you have the same loathing for him.

So now you have issue with the President Budget money for international social programs? THE same ones that the Congress GOP voted for, very the same ones BUSH funded ? Really?

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 10:44 PM

You prefer Bob or Bobby?

You are like Rush and I believe it isnt The Presidents Politics or leaning toward liberal social policies that you hate. I know RUSH has a HATE for the President. And I think you have the same loathing for him.

So now you have issue with the President Budget money for international social programs? THE same ones that the Congress GOP voted for, very the same ones BUSH funded ? Really?
That's a fancy dancy word for 29 billion in tax payer funds going to foreign countries to better their economy not our's . You got a link for that ?

Bobby !

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I had no idea we had a Fox employee posting on the boards. The propaganda is flowing full speed tonight. Keep digging the hole deeper. lol
Would you like to disprove my "propaganda" ?

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 10:46 PM
The thread is about Rush replying to Obama saying "If you own a business you didn't start it yourself " anyone else have a problem with that ?

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 10:51 PM

You prefer Bob or Bobby?

Q: Why has Obama been lying about Mitt Romney outsourcing jobs when he (Obama) has been outsourcing American jobs since 2009 using tax payers money?

Cree Inc., outsourced jobs to China using stimulus money.

Another example of stimulus outsourcing is Japanese wind energy firm Eurus Energy, whose U.S. subsidiary, Eurus Energy America, received $91 million in stimulus funds to build a wind farm in Texas, according to a 2010 report from American University. That wind farm reportedly was built with wind turbines manufactured by another Japanese company – Mitsubishi.

Sempra Energy for a solar power array in Arizona. However, according to a Feb. 4, 2011 New York Times report, Sempra Energy bought its solar panels from the Chinese firm Suntech.

General Motors Corp. will shift more production of vehicles bound for the U.S. market to China, Mexico, South Korea and Japan, but will keep total imports at roughly one-third of all sales here.

With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.
Clarification added 1 day ago: the Wall Street Journal:

U.S. automobile giant General Motors Co. said Tuesday it plans to invest close to $500 million in its Ramos Arizpe plant in northern Mexico ...the investment will directly create 390 jobs in Coahuila state, where Ramos Arizpe is located.

Another $215 million will go toward upgrading the factory's production lines ...noting that the investment will be key to maintaining 400 jobs.

Lieblein said General Motors has invested $4.1 billion in Mexico over the last four years.

That's Government Motors gratitude for you! From the Wall Street Journal:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/08/gm_announces_major_investment.html

MadMan1978
07-16-2012, 10:58 PM
and we are to believe that source?
Read the Questions! WOW please try again

wait, this is how you respond to the points I made?

again another way the GOP and republicans try to defect away from the truth...or staying on point...

and I say none was done By Obama hand directly as Romney did with Bain

-side not I just shake my head when I read you posts...

AUTaxMan
07-16-2012, 11:43 PM

again another way the GOP and republicans try to defect away from the truth...or staying on point...

If you dispute the facts asserted, present your own facts to rebut and demonstrate why the presented are inaccurate.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 11:58 PM

So Obama does not sign the policies he implements..new one on me .

And when i read the liberal comments i wonder why they have their head so far up ....... and try to protect a dictator .

INTIMADATOR2007
07-16-2012, 11:59 PM
If you dispute the facts asserted, present your own facts to rebut and demonstrate why the presented are inaccurate.

Now you know that's not how they roll..

MadMan1978
07-17-2012, 12:15 AM
[/B]

So Obama does not sign the policies he implements..new one on me .

And when i read the liberal comments i wonder why they have their head so far up ....... and try to protect a dictator .

and again your facts are wrong
I am not a liberal

MadMan1978
07-17-2012, 12:18 AM
What was Romney's role at Bain during outsourcing? - CBS News (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2F8301-18563_162-57472228%2Fwhat-was-romneys-role-at-bain-during-outsourcing%2F&ei=79gEUKC0L4Xm0QHZ6uzFCA&usg=AFQjCNEroKn-txjirQ-pag4gGhxw4P_INA)

I know Romney and his record is no where near clean...not at Bain or in this state...

and why wont one of you GOP backers answer the Question?

and that how I ROLL BOYS!....

now stay on topic of RUSH and him drinking some kind of kool aid!

INTIMADATOR2007
07-17-2012, 12:24 AM
What was Romney's role at Bain during outsourcing? - CBS News (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2F8301-18563_162-57472228%2Fwhat-was-romneys-role-at-bain-during-outsourcing%2F&ei=79gEUKC0L4Xm0QHZ6uzFCA&usg=AFQjCNEroKn-txjirQ-pag4gGhxw4P_INA)

I know Romney and his record is no where near clean...not at Bain or in this state...

and why wont one of you GOP backers answer the Question?

and that how I ROLL BOYS!....

now stay on topic of RUSH and him drinking some kind of kool aid!
The answer to your question is in the Andrea Mitchell video i posted ..

MadMan1978
07-17-2012, 12:29 AM
And you have no thought for yourself?

INTIMADATOR2007
07-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Romney left Bain in February 99, to go run the olympics and was not in charge of the day to day operations of Bain . However there are some paperwork from 99-01 that contradict Romney's statement...

JustAlex
07-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Hahaha.....what a joke all of this is.

Hey OP, I believe you're on your way to becoming a great asset to Fox News.

BTW, I bet that Kool-Aid taste mighty good!!!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001008875/republicans_drink_the_kool_aid_answer_9_xlarge.jpe g

snoman606
07-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Rush is so annoying.if you like rush limbaugh you probably have high blood pressure,an IQ of 0 and a deep respect for general idiots.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Hahaha.....what a joke all of this is.

Hey OP, I believe you're on your way to becoming a great asset to Fox News.

BTW, I bet that Kool-Aid taste mighty good!!!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001008875/republicans_drink_the_kool_aid_answer_9_xlarge.jpe g
The joke is a man you favor...Obama cant tell the truth if it bites him in the ....

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 09:53 AM
LOL. this is absolutely hilarious. If you actually listen to the WHOLE speech and not take a single line of it you would get the actual idea of what he was saying. He's saying that with every successful business someone down the road had helped you get to that point (to some degree) whether it was a great teacher, a mentor, a parent, employees that worked for you at the company, a bank that loaned you money, a pioneer in the industry that created something that allowed you to get into a specific field and so on. He even mentioned companies or entities that created something that allowed you to do business like the internet being invented. Without that a lot of businesses wouldn't have had the chance to have been started.

It has nothing to do with Obama hating the country or him actually thinking that anyone who started a successful business didn't work hard or have anything to do with it's success. It's about people supporting each other throughout their life and giving them opportunities to create successful businesses. For example, my brother owns a successful pizza restaurant, He's put in a ton of long hours and very hard work and yet had the previous owner (who he worked for for 10+ years) not sold him the business and helped him out with a payment plan he would have not had the opportunity to actually buy the place. He helped his boss in building the restaurant and then his boss helped him in taking it over once he decided to sell it and move on. It's about that and not saying that successful business owners aren't hard working. If you listen to the full speech that Obama gave you will hear that he said there are lots of hard working people (business owners included) and that it's not just about working hard, it's also about having some help along the way in various ways. Most people who start a business has some help to some degree and yet they still are hard working. Just because you have help doesn't mean you aren't hard working yourself or didn't earn what you have. Saying that doesn't take anything away from the work and effort that the business owner put forth.

For limbaugh and the other members of the media who are playing this one sentence and calling Obama unamerican or against small business and so on, they are simply trying to manufacture something and are completely dishonest and just looking for something to stir things up about Obama. There's no way that if you listen to the whole speech you'd think what these guys are trying to report. THey are either complete idiots or liars, in my opinion because what obama said in that speech was about giving back to america, not hating america.

Statements like this is why Limbaugh has zero credibility.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 09:56 AM

I don't see what you think is racist about his statement of "I say back to Kenya in November for ol' Barack...". I find it confusing since Obama isn't from nor does he live in Kenya, but I don't find it racist.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Why are people concerned about what romney does with his money , but are not concerned what Obama does with our money. dosen't make sense . And the president is number 1 when it comes to outsourcing jobs , with 29 billion of stimulus funds going to outsourced jobs , why is that not a problem ?

see, this is much more productive. Bring up actual issues you have with Obama and don't try to make a sentence from a speech into some sort of unamerican rant when that's not what it is.

I agree with you about the cash. The system is set up for wealthy to house their funds elsewhere to shelter it from high US taxes. I get the idea of questioning the ethics of it, but people do have the right to do it. For me the issue is with the tax system and that's what needs to be changed. We should have a system that keeps this money here and also brings in money from other countries looking for shelter from their countries higher taxes.

AUTaxMan
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
LOL. this is absolutely hilarious. If you actually listen to the WHOLE speech and not take a single line of it you would get the actual idea of what he was saying. He's saying that with every successful business someone down the road had helped you get to that point (to some degree) whether it was a great teacher, a mentor, a parent, employees that worked for you at the company, a bank that loaned you money, a pioneer in the industry that created something that allowed you to get into a specific field and so on. He even mentioned companies or entities that created something that allowed you to do business like the internet being invented. Without that a lot of businesses wouldn't have had the chance to have been started.

It has nothing to do with Obama hating the country or him actually thinking that anyone who started a successful business didn't work hard or have anything to do with it's success. It's about people supporting each other throughout their life and giving them opportunities to create successful businesses. For example, my brother owns a successful pizza restaurant, He's put in a ton of long hours and very hard work and yet had the previous owner (who he worked for for 10+ years) not sold him the business and helped him out with a payment plan he would have not had the opportunity to actually buy the place. He helped his boss in building the restaurant and then his boss helped him in taking it over once he decided to sell it and move on. It's about that and not saying that successful business owners aren't hard working. If you listen to the full speech that Obama gave you will hear that he said there are lots of hard working people (business owners included) and it that it's not just about harding hard, it's also about having some help along the way in various ways. Everyone who starts a business has some help to some degree and yet they still are hard working. Just because you have help doesn't mean you aren't hard working yourself or didn't earn what you have.

For limbaugh and the other members of the media who are playing this one sentence and calling Obama unamerican or against small business and so on, they are simply trying to manufacture something and are completely dishonest and just looking for something to stir things up about Obama. There's no way that if you listen to the whole speech you'd think what these guys are trying to report. THey are either complete idiots or liars, in my opinion because what obama said in that speech was about giving back to america, not hating america.

Statements like this is why Limbaugh has zero credibility.

Actually, you are 100% wrong here. This was one of Obama's head-exploding speeches, where he lauded the great socialist society upon which this nation was built and championed the notion that because earned income is attributable to the collective, the earner of the income has an obligation to give the money back to the government, which is in Obama's mind, the grand arbiter of property distribution. I have a deep amount of respect for you, and feel that you are one of the best posters on this board. For that reason, I am surprised that you fell for Obama's bull hook, line and sinker like the many dolts that he expects to vote for him.

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
No, he is not 100% wrong. He viewed the speech from HIS own perspective. Just like YOU viewed it from yours. People opposed to Obama are ALWAYS going to see everything in a certain unfavourable light. Just as those that are willing to give him a chance are going to see the opposite. The point of the thread is LIMBAUGH pulls one line out of the speech (out of context) and goes on the attack. It has been said 1000 times, RUSH LIMBAUGH is a JOKE. He doesn't have a single ounce of credibility. Anyone who listens to him is continually weakening their own credibility.

AUTaxMan
07-17-2012, 10:33 AM
No, he is not 100% wrong. He viewed the speech from HIS own perspective. Just like YOU viewed it from yours. People opposed to Obama are ALWAYS going to see everything in a certain unfavourable light. Just as those that are willing to give him a chance are going to see the opposite. The point of the thread is LIMBAUGH pulls one line out of the speech (out of context) and goes on the attack. It has been said 1000 times, RUSH LIMBAUGH is a JOKE. He doesn't have a single ounce of credibility. Anyone who listens to him is continually weakening their own credibility.

Limbaugh did not seize on one line and it wasn't out of context. If you heard his entire speech on the issue, you would know this.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Actually, you are 100% wrong here. This was one of Obama's head-exploding speeches, where he lauded the great socialist society upon which this nation was built and championed the notion that because earned income is attributable to the collective, the earner of the income has an obligation to give the money back to the government, which is in Obama's mind, the grand arbiter of property distribution. I have a deep amount of respect for you, and feel that you are one of the best posters on this board. For that reason, I am surprised that you fell for Obama's bull hook, line and sinker like the many dolts that he expects to vote for him.

I never said that I agreed that was a valid reason that we should raise taxes on the wealthy so I'm not sure what you are talking about with falling for his bull hook line and sinker. I said that what he said is completely taken out of context by Limbaugh and some other radio guys that I listened to yesterday (Bortz was talking about it too yesterday). No matter what anyone's stance is on raising taxes on the wealthy, or anyone for that matter, has nothing to do with what I posted. That being said, I don't feel my post was 100% wrong, or very wrong at all. I get what Obama was saying and I feel that it is true. People get help, in a multitude of ways, and that is what he was saying. I don't think that help is always closely linked to help from government tax dollars, but help none the less.

Now, the part about using the fact that successful business owners get "help" to support a tax increase... I don't necessarily agree with that. I tend to be of the opinion that the government needs to spend much more efficiently and even reel in spending to balance the budget rather than just run to the citizens to get more cash. It doesn't matter how much cash you have if you have poor spending habits. More access to cash and poor spending habits just means more wasted purchases, typically.

Don't confuse my defense of his actual statements and what Limbaugh is trying to use that one sentence of a speech to mean that I am also okay with the government raising taxes on the wealthy. I get that giving back, something Obama said in his speech, is important, but don't think a business person would want to give more money in taxes to do that. Seems like there are better ways to do that if he wants to "give back" to other small businesses.

pghin08
07-17-2012, 10:37 AM

I just don't see how people don't see through him. The guy makes like $35-40 million a year to fear-mongor. He's not really fighting for the conservative right. He's fighting for his massive paychecks. I don't begrudge him that, he lives in a country where you're free to make as much money as you can. I just never forget why the man gets paid.

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 10:39 AM
I DID hear his entire speech. Again, I direct you back to my last comment on PERSPECTIVE.

Limbaugh did not seize on one line and it wasn't out of context. If you heard his entire speech on the issue, you would know this.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 10:41 AM

pretty much spot on, Habs. Although, I honestly think it's about more than an individual's perspective in what Obama was saying. I think it's pretty factual that successful businesses have "help" down the line at some point to some degree from someone or something else. That's the gist of the speech and what Limbaugh is trying to do with it is absurd. The use of this to bolster support to raise taxes is definitely debatable, but I don't see how anyone can not agree that successful business get help from somewhere and aren't created by the owner all by himself.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I disagree completely. If you take that one line it sounds like Obama thinks business owners haven't worked hard in creating their business or even had a hand in it. I could also see where one would think that this one sentence is saying that businesses owners don't work hard, but he simply didn't say that throughout his speech, and I did listen to it. It would be completely absurd and idiotic for anyone to think such things about successful business owners.

I heard the quote on Boortz yesterday and had to find the full speech after I heard it because it sounded like it was part of a though and not a complete thought. When you just hear a sentence that goes along with others to form a complete thought it's possible to give a completely different meaning and that is what limbaugh and boortz did to make Obama look like he though business owners were lazy or not deserving of their success or something similar.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I just don't see how people don't see through him. The guy makes like $35-40 million a year to fear-mongor. He's not really fighting for the conservative right. He's fighting for his massive paychecks. I don't begrudge him that, he lives in a country where you're free to make as much money as you can. I just never forget why the man gets paid.

One could say that Rush also had help building his empire.

AUTaxMan
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
pretty much spot on, Habs. Although, I honestly think it's about more than an individual's perspective in what Obama was saying. I think it's pretty factual that successful businesses have "help" down the line at some point to some degree from someone or something else. That's the gist of the speech and what Limbaugh is trying to do with it is absurd. The use of this to bolster support to raise taxes is definitely debatable, but I don't see how anyone can not agree that successful business get help from somewhere and aren't created by the owner all by himself.

But you're missing the point of Obama's speech. Obviously, everyone has some level of help in their lives. The insinuation, though, is that successful people are only successful because of the help of others, and that unsuccessful people are only unsuccessful because they did not have that level of help. This is simply untrue. Not all people are afforded equal resources and support during their lives, but also, not all people are equally hard working or intelligent, as Obama is implying to the crowd. Additionally, many unsuccessful people are afforded the same resources as successful ones but do nothing with those resources.

Rockman
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't see what you think is racist about his statement of "I say back to Kenya in November for ol' Barack...". I find it confusing since Obama isn't from nor does he live in Kenya, but I don't find it racist.

Eh, maybe it's just me but I'd also find it a bit racist (or at the very least extremely idiotic) if Rubio lost an election and somebody said back to Cuba for ol' Rubio, and the fact that nobody would ever think of saying back to Mexico for ol' Romney when Romney has just about the same relation to Mexico as Barack has to Kenya.

To believe in/continue to perpetuate the birther movement in 2012 you either have to be a complete moron or a bit racist, but you're right, Intimadator2007 probably isn't a racist.

mrveggieman
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Oh no, intimidator is not racist, he has lots of black friends. :sign0020:

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
But you're missing the point of Obama's speech. Obviously, everyone has some level of help in their lives. The insinuation, though, is that successful people are only successful because of the help of others, and that unsuccessful people are only unsuccessful because they did not have that level of help. This is simply untrue. Not all people are afforded equal resources and support during their lives, but also, not all people are equally hard working or intelligent, as Obama is implying to the crowd. Additionally, many unsuccessful people are afforded the same resources as successful ones but do nothing with those resources.

You are proving my point. You believe he is insinuating something negative based on your opinion of him.

AUTaxMan
07-17-2012, 11:03 AM
You are proving my point. You believe he is insinuating something negative based on your opinion of him.

No, it is based on his 4-year-history of promoting the same ideas and spouting off the same type of rhetoric. It is not because I personally don't like the guy.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM

I didn't see it as him saying that at all. He mentions "hard working" americans quite a few times before the sentence that rush pulled out of the speech. I took that as him saying all sorts of americans are hard working, business owners and non business owners alike. I didn't take that as to mean he was singling them out as not hard working people. Obviously if you have a successful business you are typically a hard worker. I can't see who Obama would think that successful business owners are lazy or lucky or successful in spite of their poor work ethic. Thinking that would be completely comical.

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Keep telling yourself that.

No, it is based on his 4-year-history of promoting the same ideas and spouting off the same type of rhetoric. It is not because I personally don't like the guy.

Star_Cards
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Eh, maybe it's just me but I'd also find it a bit racist (or at the very least extremely idiotic) if Rubio lost an election and somebody said back to Cuba for ol' Rubio, and the fact that nobody would ever think of saying back to Mexico for ol' Romney when Romney has just about the same relation to Mexico as Barack has to Kenya.

To believe in/continue to perpetuate the birther movement in 2012 you either have to be a complete moron or a bit racist, but you're right, Intimadator2007 probably isn't a racist.

I suppose I can see your point a bit, but still don't think it was racist. Ignorant, yes. I never saw the birther movement as being racist. I just saw them as being upset that a Republican wasn't in office so they grasped at anything possible to try to discredit obama rather talking about the actual ideals he has that they disagreed with. I see them more as a sore loser type of group than anything.

AUTaxMan
07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Keep telling yourself that.

So you are saying he does not have a history of spewing this type of class-warfare, anti-capitalist rhetoric?

mrveggieman
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I suppose I can see your point a bit, but still don't think it was racist. Ignorant, yes. I never saw the birther movement as being racist. I just saw them as being upset that a Republican wasn't in office so they grasped at anything possible to try to discredit obama rather talking about the actual ideals he has that they disagreed with. I see them more as a sore loser type of group than anything.

I have to disagree with you on that point. Who is the majority of the tea party/birther movement? Angry white people along with a few idoitic blacks who are upset that a blackman is the POTUS. When clinton was in office yes the republicans said a few dumb things about him and tried to discredit him but no where on the level that they spend their every waking moment trying to discredit president obama. They little plan is going to backfire come election day when President Obama defeats romney in a landslide.

habsheaven
07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
So you are saying he does not have a history of spewing this type of class-warfare, anti-capitalist rhetoric?

That's a pretty loaded question. I would not characterize any of his speeches as spewing or rhetoric. I also wouldn't characterize them as class-warfare or anti-capitalistic in nature.

Now if you said he has a history of wanting to be Robin Hood, I might agree.

pghin08
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
This whole deal reminds me of something that Jeff Daniels said on the first (or maybe second) episode of The Newsroom on HBO. His quote was that "people choose the facts they want now". That actually kind of rings true. With the wealth of information available with the popularization of the 24 hour news cycle and the internet, people can choose their own arguments, and then simply build facts or innuendos behind it. Do you really think that the Obama birther "controversy" would have happened 40 years ago on the scale in which it happened presently? No way. But it's part of this Limbaugh-Maher-internet lifestyle. People have an inherent tendency to be attracted to those who say what they want to hear.

I guess therein lies the biggest problem. People now have a greater capacity to hear those voices and read the words of those who support their own predispositions. And that leads to an absolute lack of challenge. People refuse to admit they have the ability to be wrong. If I believe that Obama was born in Kenya (or more accurately, if I WANT to believe that Obama was born in Kenya), then I can go on the internet/radio/tv and find tons of people who feel the same way I do, and I can champion their "evidence", whatever it may be, to legitimize my position. In reality, what we should do is establish our own thoughts or theories, and then try to figure out why we may be wrong. But that doesn't happen on a large scale anymore.

Wickabee
07-17-2012, 03:11 PM
This whole deal reminds me of something that Jeff Daniels said on the first (or maybe second) episode of The Newsroom on HBO. His quote was that "people choose the facts they want now". That actually kind of rings true. With the wealth of information available with the popularization of the 24 hour news cycle and the internet, people can choose their own arguments, and then simply build facts or innuendos behind it. Do you really think that the Obama birther "controversy" would have happened 40 years ago on the scale in which it happened presently? No way. But it's part of this Limbaugh-Maher-internet lifestyle. People have an inherent tendency to be attracted to those who say what they want to hear.

I guess therein lies the biggest problem. People now have a greater capacity to hear those voices and read the words of those who support their own predispositions. And that leads to an absolute lack of challenge. People refuse to admit they have the ability to be wrong. If I believe that Obama was born in Kenya (or more accurately, if I WANT to believe that Obama was born in Kenya), then I can go on the internet/radio/tv and find tons of people who feel the same way I do, and I can champion their "evidence", whatever it may be, to legitimize my position. In reality, what we should do is establish our own thoughts or theories, and then try to figure out why we may be wrong. But that doesn't happen on a large scale anymore.

Or, maybe we should look at the evidence and then establish our thoughts and theories. Blindly making the decisions and then finding out if they make sense is what leads to the problem.

pghin08
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Or, maybe we should look at the evidence and then establish our thoughts and theories. Blindly making the decisions and then finding out if they make sense is what leads to the problem.

I was a little unclear there. To me it was implied that looking at evidence is part of establishing a theory. Like a modified scientific method. You look at evidence, determine your hypothesis, and then figure out how you may be wrong. I didn't mean to sound like I was advocating blind ideals.

Wickabee
07-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I was a little unclear there. To me it was implied that looking at evidence is part of establishing a theory. Like a modified scientific method. You look at evidence, determine your hypothesis, and then figure out how you may be wrong. I didn't mean to sound like I was advocating blind ideals.

Well, I would argue that the scientific process is look at some evidence, come up with a hypothesis and prove yourself correct at all costs, but I digress.

MadMan1978
07-17-2012, 08:08 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575883_415991241769604_215484491_n.jpg

MadMan1978
07-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh no, intimidator is not racist, he has lots of black friends. :sign0020:

+1!

AUTaxMan
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575883_415991241769604_215484491_n.jpg

If businesses aren't people, neither are charities, churches, or unions. They are merely heartless corporate entities.

MadMan1978
07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
If businesses aren't people, neither are charities, churches, or unions. They are merely heartless corporate entities.

Finally a comment with insight.

shrewsbury
07-17-2012, 10:53 PM
are we in the matrix? last i checked people were still in charge

JustAlex
07-18-2012, 01:18 AM
You're finally making some sense!

Glad we can agree on some things :thumb:

AUTaxMan
07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
You're finally making some sense!

Glad we can agree on some things :thumb:

I had to dumb things down to make sure you could understand the concept.

MadMan1978
07-18-2012, 08:45 AM
There is no need to be insulting

Stick to the topic

Wickabee
07-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I had to dumb things down to make sure you could understand the concept.

Someone agrees with you and you call him dumb? Okay...