PDA

View Full Version : In God's image, has anyone ever asked why .....

habsheaven
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
God did not give us the best eyesight available, the best hearing available, the most strength or speed?

shrewsbury
07-18-2012, 11:35 AM
why do we have to have the best, what He gave us is good. and He gave us things nothing else has, so it evens out.

habsheaven
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't know. If I was creating something and I had the ability to make it better, I think I would.

shrewsbury
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
but we had to be suited for earth and which we are obviously the best suited of all living things.

remember it was in an image not a replica of Him.

Tivo32
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
The biblical answer to your question would be that at the time of Creation the first humans were perfectly created in God's image. Humanity chose to sin and with it brokenness in humanity and the world entered in. Humans are no longer perfectly created in the image of God. Still in the image of God, but not the perfect image. At the end of time, God restores and redeems humanity and creation back to the full image of God. That is in a quick nutshell.

shrewsbury
07-18-2012, 11:49 AM
tivo, how is that the biblical answer? sounds like more of a humans answer using their own interpretation of the bible.

mrveggieman
07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
tivo, how is that the biblical answer? sounds like more of a humans answer using their own interpretation of the bible.

The answer to any bible question involves human interpretation.

Tivo32
07-18-2012, 11:57 AM

Ok then it is my answer using the Bible to the best of my ability given the tools, gifts, abilities, and training I have currently at my disposable.

habsheaven
07-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok then it is my answer using the Bible to the best of my ability given the tools, gifts, abilities, and training I have currently at my disposable.

So are you saying that Adam could; see like an eagle; hear a dog whistle?

Tivo32
07-18-2012, 12:16 PM
So are you saying that Adam could; see like an eagle; hear a dog whistle?

Haha I don't know? Maybe? Whatever humanity would look like in it's fullest potential, he was it. Do I hope that meant he had superhero like qualities? Heck yes I do! That'd be sweet. I love super heroes.

shrewsbury
07-18-2012, 01:26 PM
tivo, i disagree, but still like your answer, i like superheroes too!!!

Tivo32
07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
tivo, i disagree, but still like your answer, i like superheroes too!!!

What do you think then? I love discussing this stuff with people. It's interesting to me. :)

theonedru
07-18-2012, 01:56 PM
but we had to be suited for earth and which we are obviously the best suited of all living things.

remember it was in an image not a replica of Him.

I would argue we are not the best suited of all living things, esp when you look at all the stupid we have done to this world

theonedru
07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
God did not give us the best eyesight available, the best hearing available, the most strength or speed?

We are vain, vile, self obsessed greedy immoral, the list goes on, thus we are undeserving. We need to teach ourselves to adapt, change, humble ourselves to learn to appreciate what we gain when we better ourselves.

Wickabee
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
We may not be the fastest, but we do alright.
We may not have the best eyesight, but it's pretty good.
We may not have the best sense of smell, but it works alright.
We may not have to best hearing, but we can hear pretty good.

I look at any animal and, if their eyesight is amazing, their hearing or smell isn't so good. They may be the fastest, but they're colorblind.

I'd rather have 75% of everything than 100% of some and 5% of others.

mrveggieman
07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
We are vain, vile, self obsessed greedy immoral, the list goes on, thus we are undeserving. We need to teach ourselves to adapt, change, humble ourselves to learn to appreciate what we gain when we better ourselves.

CHURCH!! :love0030: :love0030::love0030:

theonedru
07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I remember a phrase that best suits this

"The perfect world is an imperfect world, for it is only in an imperfect world that one would strive to better themselves" - unknown