PDA

View Full Version : 15 people killed at the premier of Batman in Denver, Colarado

1of23
07-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Just heard about this on the radio. Sounds like he came in through an emergency exit and sat down. After the movie started he rised up out of his seat wearing a gas mask and bullet proof vest. He supposedly let off tear gas and started shooting. At this point 15 are dead and 50 are injured .

I used to live in Denver , There are great chances that I would have been there if I was still there. Very sad to hear that someone is that crazy. /

He is in custody though
I'm also suprised the police the police brought him in alive

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-14-dead-at-least-50-injured-in-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater-20120720,0,2849239.story

angel0430
07-20-2012, 08:11 AM
I was just reading this on my local newspaper online. This is crazy.

angel0430
07-20-2012, 08:14 AM
This is crazy. There are also reporting that there were 12 deads and not 14 as stated before.

pghin08
07-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Really awful stuff. I think they've lowered the death toll to twelve though. I went to a midnight showing last night, couldn't imagine what that scene was like.

Kosmo kards
07-20-2012, 09:29 AM
What an awful and pointless act, there was a victim as young as three months. There were many families there and this has to be a total nightmare for all of them, can't even imagine :(

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 09:34 AM
If this isn't a prime example of why we need the death penalty then I don't know what is.

1of23
07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
I could agree more. I think a six year old child was shot. Takes a very sick person to do something like this .

I can't imagine what would make someone do such an awful thing .

I hope he doesn't plead insanity . I want him to be in a normal prison . Have in there with the guys that have life in there that have kids . I'm sure he wouldn't last long

1of23
07-20-2012, 09:37 AM
If this isn't a prime example of why we need the death penalty then I don't know what is.

I would rather put him in there with prisoners that know they are not getting out . Im sure he will wish he had the death penalty if he gets in a normal prison. I have heard a few stories about guys that hurt kids and got put in prison, they didnt last very long.

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I would rather put him in there with prisoners that know they are not getting out . Im sure he will wish he had the death penalty if he gets in a normal prison. I have heard a few stories about guys that hurt kids and got put in prison, they didnt last very long.

Good point. I remember old boy a few months ago in canton, ga who raped in killed a 7 year old girl. Once he was convicted and sent down state he didn't last one night.

Baseballfan1977
07-20-2012, 11:52 AM
This is just a sad mark on society in general you have to wonder though what is next it seems every time we hear a story like this it's worse then the one before sadly when you hear of some school shooting you get that "oh well, that's been done what else do you have" feeling from people. It's scary it could have been any of us, that could have been any theater in America and now that someone did it are we sure we won't see a few more try the same dumb thing?

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 12:00 PM
They have released the name of the suspect:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/colorado-shooter-identified-as-james-holmes-24/2012/07/20/gJQAWkdrxW_story.html

rjcla30
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Another sad day for the nation. I feel for the all the families involved that lost someone and the people that had to live through it.

1of23
07-20-2012, 12:17 PM
what she said about the little girl was hard to read. The whole situation is sad and very sickening. This guy is not gonna live two hours in prison once inmates find out what he did

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
They have released a picture of the suspect.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/first-image-of-james-holmes-dark-knight-shooter-revealed/

habsheaven
07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
You guys all give the impression that the inmates in prison care about justice. They all committed crimes, and the ones capable or willing to kill this guy surely committed crimes of a comparable nature, if only singularily. As horrendous as it is, it is not on the same level as a child molester. Purposely molesting and killing a child is different from randomly killing a child among many victims of a shooting.

1of23
07-20-2012, 12:44 PM
You guys all give the impression that the inmates in prison care about justice. They all committed crimes, and the ones capable or willing to kill this guy surely committed crimes of a comparable nature, if only singularily. As horrendous as it is, it is not on the same level as a child molester. Purposely molesting and killing a child is different from randomly killing a child among many victims of a shooting.

are you kidding me ? He took a 3 month old and 6 year olds life. This is worse than molesting a child . He also shot another teenage in the jaw . Accident or not , he chose to go in there shooting knowing there could be children .

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Another reason why the state should gas him.

habsheaven
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
are you kidding me ? He took a 3 month old and 6 year olds life. This is worse than molesting a child . He also shot another teenage in the jaw . Accident or not , he chose to go in there shooting knowing there could be children .

Am I kidding you about what? If you are going to quote me, try reading what I write. First I said "molesting and killing", not just molesting (although I think both are worse in intent). Second, I never claimed it was an accident. Third, the point of my post was not to compare crimes, rather to point out the fact that criminals have no honour. Sure, they like to go after child molesters, but they do not go after every individual that commits a heinous act. What the heck do you think most of them are in there for?

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Am I kidding you about what? If you are going to quote me, try reading what I write. First I said "molesting and killing", not just molesting (although I think both are worse in intent). Second, I never claimed it was an accident. Third, the point of my post was not to compare crimes, rather to point out the fact that criminals have no honour. Sure, they like to go after child molesters, but they do not go after every individual that commits a heinous act. What the heck do you think most of them are in there for?

Again more of a reason to save the taxpayers money and execute him. I'm sure that plenty of people will voulunteer to bring their own weapons and pull the trigger.

rchurchward
07-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Terrible. Incredibly terrible.

On a side note, I question what children were even doing at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. Who brings their kids to a movie like that?

Kosmo kards
07-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Terrible. Incredibly terrible.

On a side note, I question what children were even doing at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. Who brings their kids to a movie like that?

It is summer time and it was the premier of a major summer movie. What kid doesn't like Batman?

theonedru
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
1st. A 6 month old doesn't need it be in a movie theater, esp at midnight.

2nd. We need to focus on why people like this keep having such easy access to guns. Do not come screaming 2nd amendment I have no problem with responsible sane people owning guns. Gun violence is getting more prominent as the days go by and at what point are we going to stop being so idiotic about it all and say enough is enough.

andrewhoya
07-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Habs- there are many people in prison with honor.

theonedru
07-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Habs- there are many people in prison with honor.

I agree, they are called guards.

andrewhoya
07-20-2012, 04:19 PM
So being a prisoner means having absolutely no honor?

theonedru
07-20-2012, 04:25 PM
So being a prisoner means having absolutely no honor?

If they were truly honorable they would not be behind bars.

mrveggieman
07-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Not really there are some people that are wrongfully convicted. Others are in there on non violent drug charges. Some of them were only dealing drugs to support their kids. Now they will be locked...

andrewhoya
07-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Dead wrong. As veggie said there are tons who have been wrongly convicted. In other parts of the world, you can be imprisoned for speaking your mind or standing up for what you believe in. What is so dishonorable about that?
If they were truly honorable they would not be behind bars.

theonedru
07-20-2012, 04:37 PM
1. we are not talking the rest of the world

2. The wrongfully convicted are a rare exception, we are talking people who did something ILLEGAL ( yes selling dope to support your kids is illegal) to get behind bars

3. Why are we focusing on this instead of the OT. This is not important

wiggy3624
07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Man, I went to the midnight showing in Green Bay, and its weird to think that this could have happened in my theater too. I mean as we walked in about 15 at a time nobody checked anything, people were carrying bags and stuff and nobody checked anything. I realize he came in through the emergency exit but still they need some security at movie theaters I think, and it sucks that something like this needed to happen in order to make some changes.

habsheaven
07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I wasn't speaking for everyone in prison, I was speaking about the ones that would/could cause this guy harm once he got there.

Dead wrong. As veggie said there are tons who have been wrongly convicted. In other parts of the world, you can be imprisoned for speaking your mind or standing up for what you believe in. What is so dishonorable about that?

JustAlex
07-20-2012, 05:43 PM
CLEARLY......we need more guns, right Gun nuts?

andrewhoya
07-20-2012, 05:46 PM
1. we are not talking the rest of the world

2. The wrongfully convicted are a rare exception, we are talking people who did something ILLEGAL ( yes selling dope to support your kids is illegal) to get behind bars

3. Why are we focusing on this instead of the OT. This is not important
1. Who said we weren't? Prison is prison.
2. And again, just because they are behind bars doesn't mean they are not honorable.
3.This is most definitely related to the OP.

I wasn't speaking for everyone in prison, I was speaking about the ones that would/could cause this guy harm once he got there.
In my mind, those WITH honor in them would be the ones to knock the snot out of him, as they still have a glimmer of what is right and wrong, no?

habsheaven
07-20-2012, 06:20 PM
In my mind, those WITH honor in them would be the ones to knock the snot out of him, as they still have a glimmer of what is right and wrong, no?

No, there is no honour in that. When did they become the judge and jury and get to decide if a man lives or dies? For them it is just about power and violence. No where in that is honour. You are kidding yourself if you think so.

andrewhoya
07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
He killed 12 people, and thus deserves to die. They didn't decide that, he did.

habsheaven
07-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I agree he deserves to die for it, but that doesn't give me the right to kill him. Nor does it give them that right. And again, that has nothing to do with honour.

He killed 12 people, and thus deserves to die. They didn't decide that, he did.

andrewhoya
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
In my mind, it does.

habsheaven
07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Fair enough.

In my mind, it does.

palmdesertcards
07-20-2012, 08:56 PM
I dont know what could ever be done to prevent something like this. Either way, it really hurt me this morning to read about this. That could have been us or our family members in there getting gunned down.. Life is short, at any given second it can all end in a blink of an eye. We live in a dangerous world. May the people that died RIP.

The guy that did this needs to be killed in the most painful, gruesome manner possible. I think this would suffice. http://www.medievality.com/rats.html

FlyersFan
07-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Just got done watching the news and they were talking about what local movie theatres are or are not doing to deal with this possibility locally and it got me to thinking. The knee jerk reaction to the tragedy that happed is put armed security in all theatres and ban all costumes of any kind which honestly is not a bad idea. But what is to stop someone from doing this in a grocery store, baseball game, mall, even on the street, etc...--------NOTHING! I mean you cant have armed security everywhere 24/7, unfortunately this is the crap that our society has evolved to.

theonedru
07-21-2012, 12:41 AM
its easy to take care of but the gun nuts have bribed a lot of politicians to make sure these criminals keep having easy access to weapons

palmdesertcards
07-21-2012, 01:21 AM
its easy to take care of but the gun nuts have bribed a lot of politicians to make sure these criminals keep having easy access to weapons

What about the people that smuggle guns into the US from Mexico? That wont stop no matter what laws are in place. Stronger laws would just increase the value of the guns thus the need for strong violence on their part to make sure the guns get here.

pwaldo
07-21-2012, 04:49 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/aurora-shooting-suspect-james-holmes-jailed-solitary-inmates-talking-killing-article-1.1119173

Remorseless mass-murder suspect James Holmes was locked up alone Saturday over fears that the self-proclaimed Joker would become a target for other inmates.

The man accused in the Colorado movie theater massacre was still behaving erratically on the day after his rampage at a midnight screening of “The Dark Night Rises” — the last film in the Batman trilogy.

“Let’s just say he hasn’t shown any remorse,” a jail employee told the Daily News. “He thinks he’s acting in a movie.”

A released inmate said Holmes’ behavior behind bars was increasingly irrational.

“He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards,” the inmate told The News. “He's spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy.”

Holmes, 24, was also placed on suicide watch in solitary confinement before eating a jailhouse breakfast of grits and sausage, according to a cafeteria worker.

Two other just-released inmates said the concerns of Arapahoe Detention Center officials over Holmes’ life were well-founded.

“All the inmates were talking about killing him,” Wayne Medley, 24, said as he left the facility. “Everyone was looking for an opportunity. It’s all they could talk about.”

Freed inmate Dima Danilov, 22, said the suspect’s face was covered with a red towel when he arrived at the jail about two hours after 12 people were killed and 58 wounded inside an Aurora, Colo., multiplex.

Holmes — who had dyed his hair red — was also wearing red clothing beneath the black body armor that terrified moviegoers saw when he opened fire early Friday morning, Danilov said.

Jail guards “blacked out his windows with duct tape so no one could see him,” said Danilov. “He was cuffed in the back and had leg shackles. Six officers were walking him.”

The deranged suspected killer, a former honors student and Ph.D. candidate, said nothing and walked slowly to his cell.

Danilov said that if Holmes was released into the general jail population, “he won’t live to see Monday’s court appearance.”

palmdesertcards
07-21-2012, 04:53 PM
exactly, these guys are chomping at the bit to get a chance to kill him... if i were locked up for a long time I would have no problem trying the same thing. He is not going to live very long, even in the set up he is in, someone will get him. Its certain.

habsheaven
07-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Again, it has nothing to do with honour. It has more to do with the notariety that would be gained by being the one to kill him. The same notariety that he was probably looking for by committing the shooting in the first place.

MasonRaymond0320
07-21-2012, 11:20 PM
id rather him get a life sentence than have him killed. I was watching this show and this one man has been awaiting death sentence for 17 years. He has nothing to lose. He can be as violent as he'd like towards officials.
If its a life sentence, then he'll never be available to the public again. Although I don't exactly agree with the way US prisons are run (mostly because the guards make prison a punishment. GOING to prison is enough of a punishment) I think that'd be worse than the death penalty..just the over whelming feeling of never being able to get out again.

mrveggieman
07-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Colorodo authorities have released the names of the shooting victims.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/colo-authorities-identify-final-1482079.html

mrveggieman
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Shooting suspect refuses to cooperate with authorities:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/colo-massacre-suspect-mum-1482821.html

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Colorodo shooting suspect was a failure at school and with the ladies:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dark-knight-massacre-suspect-james-holmes-failed-school-love-article-1.1120320

andrewhoya
07-24-2012, 02:32 PM
1st. A 6 month old doesn't need it be in a movie theater, esp at midnight.

2nd. We need to focus on why people like this keep having such easy access to guns. Do not come screaming 2nd amendment I have no problem with responsible sane people owning guns. Gun violence is getting more prominent as the days go by and at what point are we going to stop being so idiotic about it all and say enough is enough.
I've been thinking about the 2nd for awhile.

It is unfortunate to see people and pundits taking such a horrific event and turning it into a discourse, primarily for political expediency. The issue of “guns” is simply an easy way out and an explaining away the real heart of the issue, putting the blame on someone, or something else.

I am tired of hearing people rant, “Guns kill people!” Do you realize how ridiculous that is? A gun is an object that cannot do anything unless 1) bullets are put into the gun [by a person], 2) a [person’s] finger is placed on the trigger, and then 3) the trigger is pulled [by the PERSON]. It’s like making an argument that forks make people obese. Therefore, “Let’s ban forks!”

Honestly, if people didn’t kill with guns they would then kill with something else; knives, for example. If we banned all of the knives, people would then kill with pencils or toothpicks. Thus, a vicious cycle of banning “things” which diverts the attention to the real heart of the problem -- never really addressing the real issue.

Should people own semi-automatic weapons, ballistic missiles, hand grenades, etc.? Obviously, I don’t think that the founding fathers had that in mind when the second amendment was passed. Plus, I don’t see the “need” for people to own such weaponry…one’s deer/varmint problem couldn’t be that bad. However, the last I checked, I couldn’t simply walk into a Walmart and purchase a semi-automatic weapon. Are there chinks in the armor of our laws, background checks, and system pertaining to people [especially unstable people…yet, how do we know?] purchasing guns and weapons? Sure. Sadly, in the online world in which we live people can obtain just about anything these days, above or below the radar and laws of the land.

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
The pregnant woman who was shot in the theater has now miscarried. Add 1 more count of murder to this scumbag. I'm sure that all the other convicts have a special place waiting for this guy when he goes up the river.

1of23
07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah Im positive the inmates will get him , or at least I know if I had life in there for something and knew I had no chance of getting out I would make sure he got what he deserves

palmdesertcards
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah Im positive the inmates will get him , or at least I know if I had life in there for something and knew I had no chance of getting out I would make sure he got what he deserves

Problem is he will be protected big time till he gets the death chair... No inmates will even have a crack at him.

pghin08
07-30-2012, 11:57 AM
He may not be executed, I don't think Colorado has executed a prisoner since the 1970s.