PDA

View Full Version : Our Muslim president in his own words

ALADOG
07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

AUTaxMan
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't think he's a Muslim. I don't think he's a Christian either.

ALADOG
07-23-2012, 05:09 PM
I know it is 7-8 minute clip but he admits he is a Muslim.

mrveggieman
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Even if he is a muslim why does that matter? Does he not have the same first amendment right to freedom of religion as everyone else has? Is there something wrong with being a muslim? Or is christanity the superior religion and they are the only ones who have the freedom to worship as they please? You know that only a serpant speaks with a split tounge don't you?

ALADOG
07-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. You start numerous threads of intolerance about conservatives and now dare to suggest this thread to be intolerant. The normal liberal ploy. When the facts don't support your view, call names or say the view contrary to yours is intolerant and therefore invalid.

The only reason I posted it was that the president vehimetly denies it.

AUTaxMan
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Even if he is a muslim why does that matter? Does he not have the same first amendment right to freedom of religion as everyone else has? Is there something wrong with being a muslim? Or is christanity the superior religion and they are the only ones who have the freedom to worship as they please? You know that only a serpant speaks with a split tounge don't you?

It's not whether or not he is a Muslim that bothers me. It's about being honest with the American public.

JustAlex
07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Too ridiculous to even bother replying seriously.

BTW Taxman, I love the way you don't think he's a christian, how exactly did you come to that realization?

From some of the posts you make, I might not think you're a christian, is that fair?

sobersoul
07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
My brain is now a complete waste of time because of this thread.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I'll take him at his word , If he's a muslim I respect that , And it gives me a clear and precise understanding as to why he doesn't understand the American way .Cause the man clearly dose not understand this country and it's founding .

AUTaxMan
07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Too ridiculous to even bother replying seriously.

BTW Taxman, I love the way you don't think he's a christian, how exactly did you come to that realization?

From some of the posts you make, I might not think you're a christian, is that fair?

He believes in collective salvation. That is not a Christian principle. I, frankly, don't care what you think about me.

habsheaven
07-23-2012, 10:07 PM
This latest attack is a bunch of RACIST crap. From now on the OP is on ignore. As for AUTaxMan; I think we all expect better. Attack his policies all you want, but attacking who he is is just DEAD WRONG.

Edit: as for INTIMIDATOR, exactly what we expect from him.

JustAlex
07-23-2012, 10:13 PM
He believes in collective salvation. That is not a Christian principle. I, frankly, don't care what you think about me.
OK, but as a christian I think you are NOT allowed to judge others, correct?

I, however; can judge all I want since I'm not a christian :D:

Just kidding :p:

BTW, please don't take my comment the wrong way, I DO believe you're a christian I was just showing that anyone's comments can be taken the wrong way by others.

AUTaxMan
07-23-2012, 10:52 PM
OK, but as a christian I think you are NOT allowed to judge others, correct?

I, however; can judge all I want since I'm not a christian :D:

Just kidding :p:

BTW, please don't take my comment the wrong way, I DO believe you're a christian I was just showing that anyone's comments can be taken the wrong way by others.

I am not judging his heart. I am saying that he has admitted believing in collective salvation, and that is not a Christian principle. Thus, I don't believe he is a Christian.

AUTaxMan
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
This latest attack is a bunch of RACIST crap. From now on the OP is on ignore. As for AUTaxMan; I think we all expect better. Attack his policies all you want, but attacking who he is is just DEAD WRONG.

Edit: as for INTIMIDATOR, exactly what we expect from him.

I am not attacking who he is. I have drawn a logical conclusion based on his admitted beliefs. If I said that I am a Christian who believes in reincarnation, it would be logical to conclude that either I don't know what it means to be a Christian or that I am a liar.

pghin08
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Be nice guys.

To the topic, he's not Muslim. I can cut up some youtubes and make it seem like JFK was killed by Colonel Sanders. I'm with AUTaxMan on this. He may be considered a Christian, but he doesn't seem like he's an overly devout person. Neither did Bush II.

mrveggieman
07-23-2012, 11:39 PM
I'll take him at his word , If he's a muslim I respect that , And it gives me a clear and precise understanding as to why he doesn't understand the American way .Cause the man clearly dose not understand this country and it's founding .

This country was founded on the concepts of freedom of religion and that all men are created equal. Those are two things that conservatives have a real hard time grasping.

AUTaxMan
07-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Those are two things that conservatives have a real hard time grasping.

Wrong as usual. Your perception does not equal reality.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Wrong as usual. Your perception does not equal reality.

Oh really. How many conservative groups support minority or gay rights? How many conservative groups supports the rights of muslims to peacefully and legally practice their religion?......I hear the crickets chriping.....

habsheaven
07-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Be nice guys.

To the topic, he's not Muslim. I can cut up some youtubes and make it seem like JFK was killed by Colonel Sanders. I'm with AUTaxMan on this. He may be considered a Christian, but he doesn't seem like he's an overly devout person. Neither did Bush II.

AUTaxMan is not questioning his "devoutness". He is questioning whether or not he is a christian because 1 out of 100 of his beliefs is contrary to christianity. Much like veggieman has expressed views that are not 100% christian, does that mean you think he is not a christian? Not all christians share 100% of the same beliefs. Questioning the faith of those that differ from you slightly is religion's biggest problem. Nice to see people on here continuing the tradition.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 09:09 AM
autaxman is not questioning his "devoutness". He is questioning whether or not he is a christian because 1 out of 100 of his beliefs is contrary to christianity. Much like veggieman has expressed views that are not 100% christian, does that mean you think he is not a christian? Not all christians share 100% of the same beliefs. Questioning the faith of those that differ from you slightly is religion's biggest problem. Nice to see people on here continuing the tradition.

preach!!

AUTaxMan
07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
AUTaxMan is not questioning his "devoutness". He is questioning whether or not he is a christian because 1 out of 100 of his beliefs is contrary to christianity. Much like veggieman has expressed views that are not 100% christian, does that mean you think he is not a christian? Not all christians share 100% of the same beliefs. Questioning the faith of those that differ from you slightly is religion's biggest problem. Nice to see people on here continuing the tradition.

I'm not going to turn this into a debate about Christianity, but this issue a little more important than whether you choose to serve wine or grape juice at communion.

Obama's admission that he believes salvation (the fundamental principle of Christianity) is achieved in a way that is contrary to the teachings of Christ means that is not a Christian. For instance, I am not a Christian, even if I call myself one, if I believe that good works alone will get me into heaven.

I am not saying that Obama is a bad guy. I'm just saying that his fundamental religious belief (collective salvation) is not a Christian principle.

habsheaven
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm not going to turn this into a debate about Christianity, but this issue a little more important than whether you choose to serve wine or grape juice at communion.

Obama's admission that he believes salvation (the fundamental principle of Christianity) is achieved in a way that is contrary to the teachings of Christ means that is not a Christian. For instance, I am not a Christian, even if I call myself one, if I believe that good works alone will get me into heaven.

I am not saying that Obama is a bad guy. I'm just saying that his fundamental religious belief (collective salvation) is not a Christian principle.

Once again a religious term is open to debate. Many Catholics (I believe they are christian) believe in a form of collective salvation that does not nullify the christian principle of individual salvation. Before we JUDGE who is and who isn't a christian we should have more to go on than just a sound bite or two.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Once again a religious term is open to debate. Many Catholics (I believe they are christian) believe in a form of collective salvation that does not nullify the christian principle of individual salvation. Before we JUDGE who is and who isn't a christian we should have more to go on than just a sound bite or two.

Now now, you know that christians don't consider catholics to be their equal. :nono:

Wickabee
07-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I was going to read this thread, but then I got to the third word of the title and it seemed pretty worthless.

ETA:
While I don't know the entire speeches used in that video, I will say it screams "clever editing" and have to wonder the context of those comments. I will also say I was raised Jehovah's Witness and still have a deep respect for the religion (as far as religions go) but I would in no way call myself a Jehovah's Witness and neither would anyone who knows me. So to say, "HE WAS RAISED MUSLIM! HE'S A MUSLIM!" is ridiculous at best. There are actual places to go after Obama; jobs, the economy, etc. Why create something else that makes no sense?

Oh right, because people will see that and think it means something without putting any logical or critical thought into it. Way to sink to the lowest common denominator, that being idiocy.

shrewsbury
07-24-2012, 09:33 PM
who cares if he is a muslim, just fix the economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fast!!!!!!!!!!!

now!!!!!!!!!!