PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia to non Muslims: Respect Ramadan or be expelled

pwaldo
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-non-muslims-respect-fast-expelled-154022656.html

Saudi authorities warned non-Muslim expatriates on Friday, the first day of Ramadan, not to eat, drink, or smoke in public until the end of the Muslim holy month's sunrise-to-sunset fast or face expulsion.

The Interior Ministry of the oil-rich kingdom called on expatriates to "show consideration for feelings of Muslims" and "preserve the sacred Islamic rituals." Otherwise, a ministry statement said, Saudi authorities will cancel violators' work contracts and expel them.

Saudi Arabia's population of 27 million includes some 8 million expatriates, including Asians, Arabs, and Westerners, according to government figures.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Now that's not nice coming from a loving and caring religion.

mrveggieman
07-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't see any problem with them saying that. Respect the rules and laws of the country you are in. If not then leave. I promise you that saudi will not miss any of them.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-23-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't see any problem with them saying that. Respect the rules and laws of the country you are in. If not then leave. I promise you that saudi will not miss any of them.
Then how come you can't tell the Illegals invading our country that as well.You seem to be a supporter of Illegals crossing our border.

mrveggieman
07-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Then how come you can't tell the Illegals invading our country that as well.You seem to be a supporter of Illegals crossing our border.

Please show me one quote where I support undoccument immagrants crossing our boarder. :rolleyes:

*censored*
07-24-2012, 12:32 AM
It just says not to do it in public. That's all. Nothing that says they can't go home or somewhere isolated for lunch if they choose not to observe.

shrewsbury
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
the muslims would control the earth and have us all under their command if we let them.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 10:49 AM
the CHRISTIANS would control the earth and have us all under their command if we let them.

There you go buddy I fixed that one for you. :thumb:

shrewsbury
07-24-2012, 11:07 AM
well atleast we wouldn't have to worry about oppression of women and children, homosexuals being beat and locked up, and anyone who practices a different religion being put to death, and yes that is the majority of muslims.

but those crazy christians wanting to help the poor and world peace would be a way worse choice!

do you think if the founding fathers were not christian we would still have freedom of religion? if they were muslims, there would be no freedom, then you guys could have a good reason to cry about fairness and equality, because there would be none.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
well atleast we wouldn't have to worry about oppression of women and children, homosexuals being beat and locked up, and anyone who practices a different religion being put to death, and yes that is the majority of muslims.

but those crazy christians wanting to help the poor and world peace would be a way worse choice!

do you think if the founding fathers were not christian we would still have freedom of religion? if they were muslims, there would be no freedom, then you guys could have a good reason to cry about fairness and equality, because there would be none.

Not all of the founding fathers were christian. I'm sure some were many were not. I'm not sure what if any difference it would have made of any of them were muslim but that is neither here nor there.

shrewsbury
07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
comparing christians to muslims is not here nor there.

chrisians don't have religious police, christians are for equality of all, not just christians.
christians would accept a muslim or jew in their church, but not the other way around.
if christians took over the world the worst that would happen would be gay rights (because of the majority but not all of us), but allow muslims to take over and we will make it legal to rape and murder, enslave women and children and all who don't practice their beliefs would be slaughtered. but you could legally kill your wife, if that's what you are into.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 11:52 AM
comparing christians to muslims is not here nor there.

chrisians don't have religious police, christians are for equality of all, not just christians.
christians would accept a muslim or jew in their church, but not the other way around.
if christians took over the world the worst that would happen would be gay rights (because of the majority but not all of us), but allow muslims to take over and we will make it legal to rape and murder, enslave women and children and all who don't practice their beliefs would be slaughtered. but you could legally kill your wife, if that's what you are into.

Christians are not for equality for all. Just ask jerry fallwell, pat robertson, fred phelps or terry jones. Wait you say they are extremists and dont speak for all christians. Then why is it ok for christians to distance themselves from christian extremists but it is ok for them to lump all muslims together as extremists because of the actions of a small minority?

shrewsbury
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
small minority? i think not, we are talking entire countries. you are taking the few muslims and saying they are not extreme and the few christians and saying they are.

look at them as a whole, maybe your vision will be better, take a good look at muslim ran countries and christian ran countries and tell me who is extreme.

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
small minority? i think not, we are talking entire countries. you are taking the few muslims and saying they are not extreme and the few christians and saying they are.

look at them as a whole, maybe your vision will be better, take a good look at muslim ran countries and christian ran countries and tell me who is extreme.

I need to look no futher that the religious extremist war mongering country that I lived in for the past 37 years. Oh wait america is no longer a christian country since per you conservatives we now have a muslim president.

shrewsbury
07-24-2012, 12:28 PM
go to iran, iraq, or any of those great muslim ruled countries and call me after you been there for 37 years, . and when did i say our president is a muslim? and even if the president was how would that make our laws islamic?

Wickabee
07-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Shrew, other than the "small" minority (I would still call extremist Muslim zealots a minority, but not a small one) he's right. A Christian world would look a lot like a Muslim world. The only differences would be in the details, but it would still be the same thing with no freedom of religion, no freedom of thought and a scientific dark age.

Christians are not for equality for all. Just ask jerry fallwell, pat robertson, fred phelps or terry jones. Wait you say they are extremists and dont speak for all christians. Then why is it ok for christians to distance themselves from christian extremists but it is ok for them to lump all muslims together as extremists because of the actions of a small minority?