PDA

View Full Version : 51% of Americans thinks US should help Israel if they attack Iran

mrveggieman
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
It trips me out that most people who cheerlead wars do not have the courage to go fight in one themself let alone send any of their family members. I wonder if this is the same people who belived that there were WMDs in Iraq? :frusty:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/51_say_u_s_should_help_israel_if_it_attacks_iran (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/51_say_u_s_should_help_israel_if_it_attacks_iran)

*censored*
07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
If Iran attacks Israel, that's one thing. I'd reluctantly be in favor of assisting.

But if Israel attacks Iran, they need to be on their own.

pghin08
07-24-2012, 01:49 PM
If Iran attacks Israel, that's one thing. I'd reluctantly be in favor of assisting.

This couldn't be more right.

duane1969
07-24-2012, 02:40 PM
It trips me out that most people who cheerlead wars do not have the courage to go fight in one themself let alone send any of their family members. I wonder if this is the same people who belived that there were WMDs in Iraq? :frusty:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/51_say_u_s_should_help_israel_if_it_attacks_iran (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/51_say_u_s_should_help_israel_if_it_attacks_iran)

In 2001 about 90% of Americans thought that Iraq had WMD's, so logic dictates that that it is most likely at least a few of the same people.

I see no reason why we should help unless it turns into a Middle East vs. Israel thing. If Iran keeps nukes out of the mix (which we know they won't) then Israel will easily mop the floor with them.

Wickabee
07-24-2012, 05:29 PM

I agree wholeheartedly and will throw Canada in on that.

JustAlex
07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Complete nonsense!

Personally I couldn't care less about Israel, they have more than enough to protect their own tiny country and we need to say VERY MUCH AWAY from this mess.

BTW, even if Iran were to attack Israel, I would not care, the U.S has NO RIGHT to interfere with other countries.

Wickabee
07-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Complete nonsense!

Personally I couldn't care less about Israel, they have more than enough to protect their own tiny country and we need to say VERY MUCH AWAY from this mess.

BTW, even if Iran were to attack Israel, I would not care, the U.S has NO RIGHT to interfere with other countries.

I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day, an ally is an ally. Is Israel an American ally?

JustAlex
07-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day, an ally is an ally. Is Israel an American ally?
They definitely are an ally, but is the U.S the ONLY ally Israel has?

I often wonder, why is Europe always silent/neutral in these matters?

Why don't they get the same pressure the U.S has?

Iran is not the psychopathic country that the terrible American media has painted them out to be, they know that if they attack Israel it will mean certain doom for them.

Because of these reasons, I am fairly certain they wouldn't attack.....as for Israel attacking Iran and then asking their LAPDOG (the U.S) to join in....yeah, I can see that happening. :(:

indexed
07-24-2012, 09:27 PM
it trips me out, less then 1% of Americans have a clue about something like this. I sure don't nor want to.

Wickabee
07-24-2012, 10:16 PM
They definitely are an ally, but is the U.S the ONLY ally Israel has?

I often wonder, why is Europe always silent/neutral in these matters?

Why don't they get the same pressure the U.S has?

Iran is not the psychopathic country that the terrible American media has painted them out to be, they know that if they attack Israel it will mean certain doom for them.

Because of these reasons, I am fairly certain they wouldn't attack.....as for Israel attacking Iran and then asking their LAPDOG (the U.S) to join in....yeah, I can see that happening. :(:

I would agree my country should help out any ally regardless of who attacks them, it has nothing to do with Iran, it could be anyone for all I care. You help your allies, just as I hope they would help us. The question always comes up for America (as opposed to Canada) because after WWII, the US basically appointed itself the world's police. The reason the answer among Americans is usually "yes, we should go to war," is simply the fact that America is a war-centric nation. It was formed on the Revolutionary War and built solidly on the US Civil war. That's it, simple.

As for those who would go to war, but not themselves or their families, they're hypocrites. In my case, the army wouldn't take me. I wouldn't sign up my child if she were of age, but I wouldn't stop her if that's what she wanted to do. Of course, I would also help her draft-dodge if it came to a draft and that was her choice. I'd also face any consequences related to that. Ultimately, it's just not my decision to sign up my child and it never will be, but unless I vehemently oppose what she wants, I will always help her any way I can, whether it be going to war or avoiding a draft (I do not believe drafting to the army is acceptable).

theonedru
07-24-2012, 11:36 PM
We need to keep our noses out of it, we have our own problems to worry about here. If Americans want to intervene then they can go over to Israel and do so on their own free will and $.