PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Boston: Leave Chick-fil-A Alone

mikesilvia
07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
It's one thing for Hollywood moppets and television Muppets to protest Chick-fil-A over the fast-food chain president's support for traditional marriage. They're private citizens and entities. But when an...

More... (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2012/07/25/hey_boston_leave_chickfila_alone)

duane1969
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Doesn't bother me any. If liberals are boycotting Chik-Fil-A then that makes it easy for me to figure out the best place to go eat.

pghin08
07-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Classic Michelle Malkin. Pigeonholing people protesting against Chick-Fil-A's stance on gay marriage by saying they are "anti-Christian". Give me a break. What a nice, subtle way to brainwash.

Side note: I don't care about any of this Chick-Fil-A stuff. They're a private company run by a family, and they can believe whatever they want. Just so long as they're not actively discriminating against employees, etc. And the mayor of Boston is free to say whatever stupid thing he wants.

duane1969
07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Classic Michelle Malkin. Pigeonholing people protesting against Chick-Fil-A's stance on gay marriage by saying they are "anti-Christian". Give me a break. What a nice, subtle way to brainwash.

Side note: I don't care about any of this Chick-Fil-A stuff. They're a private company run by a family, and they can believe whatever they want. Just so long as they're not actively discriminating against employees, etc. And the mayor of Boston is free to say whatever stupid thing he wants.

It's the whole goose/gander thing. If it is fair for liberals to label someone as anti-gay because they oppose gay marriage then it is fair to label someone as anti-Christian because they oppose Chik-Fil-A's Christian values. Why should liberals be allowed to pass judgement and unfairly label people without having the same standard applied to them? Sometimes the only way to deal with a bully is to bully them back.

JustAlex
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
It's the whole goose/gander thing. If it is fair for liberals to label someone as anti-gay because they oppose gay marriage then it is fair to label someone as anti-Christian because they oppose Chik-Fil-A's Christian values. Why should liberals be allowed to pass judgement and unfairly label people without having the same standard applied to them? Sometimes the only way to deal with a bully is to bully them back.
HA!

What makes Chick-Fil-A "anti-gay" is their donations towards groups that ACTIVELY FIGHT against gay marriage, it doesn't get more anti-gay than that!

The protesters are NOT against their christian views, they're against their anti-gay views.

If they want to say that a "traditional family" is one man and one woman go ahead, but they're doing more than just talking, they're giving money in an effort to stop gay rights.

I fully support the boycott and would like nothing more than to see Chick-Fil-A hurt financially.

BTW, we (pro-gay marriage advocates) are on the RIGHT side of history, one day every gay person will have the right to get married if he or she wishes to do so, it is INEVITABLE.

And all the history books will look back at this time as many Americans fought against the rights of other human beings.

I hope I'm still alive when that day happens, I seriously can't wait to see the faces of the anti-gay people.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 08:51 AM
HA!

What makes Chick-Fil-A "anti-gay" is their donations towards groups that ACTIVELY FIGHT against gay marriage, it doesn't get more anti-gay than that!

The protesters are NOT against their christian views, they're against their anti-gay views.

If they want to say that a "traditional family" is one man and one woman go ahead, but they're doing more than just talking, they're giving money in an effort to stop gay rights.

I fully support the boycott and would like nothing more than to see Chick-Fil-A hurt financially.

BTW, we (pro-gay marriage advocates) are on the RIGHT side of history, one day every gay person will have the right to get married if he or she wishes to do so, it is INEVITABLE.

And all the history books will look back at this time as many Americans fought against the rights of other human beings.

I hope I'm still alive when that day happens, I seriously can't wait to see the faces of the anti-gay people.

You know on the cool I can actually seeing gays having the right to get married all throught the united states. I also believe that it will occur during my lifetime. I can also see (probably not in my lifetime though) christians eventually throwing out the commandments in the bible against homosexuality because they will eventually get tired as being labled as bigots. Most christians pick and chose what the want to follow out of convenience and when christanity's anti gay stance becomes too much of an inconvenience for them they will eventually drop it.

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't see any gay mentions in the Bible whatever being thrown out. People will always tease and discriminate because they are 'different'.

pghin08
07-26-2012, 08:57 AM

There's definitely a difference. I don't think any Chick-Fil-A protestor would say they're anti-Catholic. Wait, I shouldn't say that. Every movement like this breeds idiots. But most wouldn't. They would say they're against a company who is trying to deny rights to a certain group of people. They're not attacking their "Christian values". That's not Michelle Malkin reacting to a "bully". That's Michelle Malkin trumping up the right wing perception that there is a war on Christianity in this country. Which is ridiculous, given the amount of people in the country consider themselves Christians.

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
There's definitely a difference. I don't think any Chick-Fil-A protestor would say they're anti-Catholic.
I am boycotting CFA because of their values, but I am Christian. Im not Catholic or anti-Catholic, but I do think most of them are crazy.

JustAlex
07-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Like I said in the other CFA thread, at first I didn't really think there was any reason to make a fuss over this, but once I found out that CFA is actively donating money (Which comes from their customers) to fight against gay rights, that's where they crossed the line into "unforgivable".

I've always known that CFA was a "christian company", that never bothered me as an atheist, but basically if I ate at CFA, my money or at least some portion of it would be used to fight the people who I support.

In the end this is a right vs. wrong situation for me.....it is WRONG of CFA to do this!

So, how does CFA fix this?

Well, I believe they should stop funding anti-gay groups and make some type of apology and promise to be NEUTRAL on this matter.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 10:15 AM

Well, I believe they should stop funding anti-gay groups and make some type of apology and promise to be NEUTRAL on this matter.

Yeah I will be holding my breath waiting for that one. :rolleyes:

pghin08
07-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Like I said in the other CFA thread, at first I didn't really think there was any reason to make a fuss over this, but once I found out that CFA is actively donating money (Which comes from their customers) to fight against gay rights, that's where they crossed the line into "unforgivable".

I've always known that CFA was a "christian company", that never bothered me as an atheist, but basically if I ate at CFA, my money or at least some portion of it would be used to fight the people who I support.

In the end this is a right vs. wrong situation for me.....it is WRONG of CFA to do this!

But truly, Chick-Fil-A is a privately run company. What protestors don't seem to understand is that while they're supposedly fighting for gay rights, their end goal (which you just said) is to infringe upon the rights of Chick-Fil-A. I'm all for gay rights, but I'm also for ALL rights. Chick-Fil-A has EVERY right to donate to whatever cause they want to, just as you as an individual have every right to take your business elsewhere. But we can't force a private company to stop funding certain causes and to promise neutrality. We can't just pick and choose who gets certain rights or who doesn't. That's the point of this whole thing.

JustAlex
07-26-2012, 10:31 AM
But truly, Chick-Fil-A is a privately run company. What protestors don't seem to understand is that while they're supposedly fighting for gay rights, their end goal (which you just said) is to infringe upon the rights of Chick-Fil-A. I'm all for gay rights, but I'm also for ALL rights. Chick-Fil-A has EVERY right to donate to whatever cause they want to, just as you as an individual have every right to take your business elsewhere. But we can't force a private company to stop funding certain causes and to promise neutrality. We can't just pick and choose who gets certain rights or who doesn't. That's the point of this whole thing.
Yes, your comment makes a lot of sense and CFA has every right to donate money to whatever cause they feel like.

But, that's where the boycott might affect them.

Imagine losing 10% of your customers in one year....(roughly 10% of Americans are gay/bi-sexual/transgender).

Imagine losing 15-20% of your customers in the second year.....(this could happen if the boycott were to become big).

If CFA continues doing what they're doing, they're going to lose a lot of money....and remember we live in a super information age where EVERYONE knows what's going on (Thanks to the internet and all the social networks in it).

Boycotts are powerful things, and CFA would be foolish to continue funding anti-gay groups (IMO).

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Individuals can boycott to their hearts content, but once the government steps in and starts vetting business according to religious beliefs and denying the ability to do business because of those beliefs, that's a big problem.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM

excellent post

pghin08
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
excellent post

Thanks, pretty sure I just lost all my liberal street cred. Boycott Pghin08!

JustAlex
07-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Note:

I don't think it's about denying CFA their "right" to fund anti-gay groups.

It's about telling them: "hey, if you guys want to fund anti-gay groups then we'll make sure never to spend money in your restaurants, and we'll campaign to stop others from doing so as well. Your actions are having an adverse affect on a group of people and we won't stand for it."

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree that CFA is completely within their rights to say what they've said.

Just like I agree that everyone who boycott's or protests that is completely within their rights.

Is there anything illegal about what Boston did? If not, then the city of Boston is...take a guess...

boba
07-26-2012, 11:57 AM
HA!

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/bobafett94/photos/coolstory.jpg

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I have to wonder what protesting a restaurant is actually attempting to do?

WHat's the end goal on this?

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree that CFA is completely within their rights to say what they've said.

Just like I agree that everyone who boycott's or protests that is completely within their rights.

Is there anything illegal about what Boston did? If not, then the city of Boston is...take a guess...

Yes it is illegal for the government to deny a business permit on the basis of religious beliefs. The government enforcing the progessive PC ideology in the case of CFA as well as the Greek olympian is fascist.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Yes it is illegal for the government to deny a business permit on the basis of religious beliefs. The government enforcing the progessive PC ideology in the case of CFA as well as the Greek olympian is fascist.

I am not an expert about legalities of the city of boston denying a permit to chik fil a but as far as I know there is no law in any country that guarantees anyone's right to participate in the onlympics.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Interesting how Rahm Emamuel has banned CFA expansion in Chicago because they do not have "Chicaco values" while at the same time welcoming Louis Farrkhan. It can only lead one to believe that Farrakhan does exemplify Chicago values.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Make the protesters feel better about themselves, of course.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I am not an expert about legalities of the city of boston denying a permit to chik fil a but as far as I know there is no law in any country that guarantees anyone's right to participate in the onlympics.

I don't believe a law was broken in the Greek case, but vetting Olympic participation by making sure participants have only the accepted political beliefs is creepy.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 12:14 PM

Well, we're not talking about any Greeks here. That's another thread. Also, I don't see this as a religious argument. If it was, the answer would be very easy. Separation of church and state would say that religious views of gay marriage have no place in an argument over whether it should be legal. So if Boston is doing something illegal on the basis of religion, then the question of should gay marriage be legal has been answered with a resounding yes.

I'm just saying it's one or the other, you can't play both. Either Boston is wrong for discriminating on religious belief and gay marriage should be legal or Boston is doing something different from that and gay marriage is still up in the air.

AUTaxMan
Interesting how Rahm Emamuel has banned CFA expansion in Chicago because they do not have "Chicaco values" while at the same time welcoming Louis Farrkhan. It can only lead one to believe that Farrakhan does exemplify Chicago values.

Since the War in Afghanistan began in late 2001, around 2,000 US soldiers have lost their lives while fighting for Uncle Sam; during that same span of time, homicides in Chicago have exceeded 5,000. #Chicagovalues

Wickabee
Make the protesters feel better about themselves, of course.

I'd like someone who actually knows what they're trying to accomplish to answer instead of someone just looking to take potshots please/thank you.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't believe a law was broken in the Greek case, but vetting Olympic participation by making sure participants have only the accepted political beliefs is creepy.

I have no problem with what the greeks did. Anyone who plays in the olympics is representing their country hopefully for the good. Greece does not want to be associated with people who share racist views. Remember playing in the olympics is a privlege not a right. If she wanted to play that bad she should have kept her mouth shut at least until the games were over. If a black ballplayer would have made an insensitive comment and the he was put off his country's team you would not have a problem with it.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd like someone who actually knows what they're trying to accomplish to answer instead of someone just looking to take potshots please/thank you.

I was being serious. We all know that boycotts don't work. CFA won't even notice it from a financial perspective.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I have no problem with what the greeks did. Anyone who plays in the olympics is representing their country hopefully for the good. Greece does not want to be associated with people who share racist views. Remember playing in the olympics is a privlege not a right. If she wanted to play that bad she should have kept her mouth shut at least until the games were over. If a black ballplayer would have made an insensitive comment and the he was put off his country's team you would not have a problem with it.

That would be my guess.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Since the War in Afghanistan began in late 2001, around 2,000 US soldiers have lost their lives while fighting for Uncle Sam; during that same span of time, homicides in Chicago have exceeded 5,000. #Chicagovalues

Mabey some of the people who are shooting at each other will actually listen to Farrkhan and prehaps stop some of the violence. Just a little food for thought.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Mabey some of the people who are shooting at each other will actually listen to Farrkhan and prehaps stop some of the violence. Just a little food for thought.

not going to happen

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I was being serious. We all know that boycotts don't work. CFA won't even notice it from a financial perspective.

Yes, know you were being serious. Unfortunately, yours isn't an answer. You see I asked what they're TRYING to accomplish, not what the final outcome would be. I didn't need a random conservative to tell me conservatives think it's a useless excerize. I know you think that. I want to know what they HOPE to accomplish.

Serious or not, you're not even close to any sort of answer to my question. So again, what are these protester TRYING to accomplish?

No conservative potshots please.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:23 PM
not going to happen

He will have more influence over them than idiots like herman cain or allan west.

tpeichel

The joke would have gotten her a wrist slap. It was her political beliefs that got her kicked off the team. Would you support an Olympian getting kicked off a team because they shared the same beliefs as a radical environmentalist group?

Wickabee
He will have more influence over them than idiots like herman cain or allan west.

Don't bother. He's focused on his crystal ball and tarot cards.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
The joke would have gotten her a wrist slap. It was her political beliefs that got her kicked off the team. Would you support an Olympian getting kicked off a team because they shared the same beliefs as a radical environmentalist group?

Didn't she make comments supporting Nazis? There's a huge difference between "radical environmentalism" and "genocide"

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:26 PM

If the so called radical environmentalist group advocated discrimination against people then yes they should be kicked off the team.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes, know you were being serious. Unfortunately, yours isn't an answer. You see I asked what they're TRYING to accomplish, not what the final outcome would be. I didn't need a random conservative to tell me conservatives think it's a useless excerize. I know you think that. I want to know what they HOPE to accomplish.

Serious or not, you're not even close to any sort of answer to my question. So again, what are these protester TRYING to accomplish?

Seriously. I cannot find a point other than to make a political statement. No other reasonable conclusion can be reached.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM

I hope he doesn't influence anyone if this stuff is true: http://ow.ly/cwlsL

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Seriously. I cannot find a point other than to make a political statement. No other reasonable conclusion can be reached.
Okay, that's valid. That doesn't "just make them feel better". Getting a point across is a valid reason to do something.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I hope he doesn't influence anyone if this stuff is true: http://ow.ly/cwlsL

Right. I'm pretty sure that the site you that you just linked to is straight down the middle and has absolutely no political or racial baises whatsoever nor do they have any type of agenda. :rolleyes:

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Right. I'm pretty sure that the site you that you just linked to is straight down the middle and has absolutely no political or racial baises whatsoever nor do they have any type of agenda. :rolleyes:

If there are any misstatements of fact in the article, please let me know.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
If there are any misstatements of fact in the article, please let me know.

Here is the same story taken from the final call. Let's see if you can tell which one of the publications has the agenda.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_9063.shtml

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Here is the same story taken from the final call. Let's see if you can tell which one of the publications has the agenda.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_9063.shtml

Of course the Final Call has an agenda. It's the Nation of Islam's newspaper.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Of course the Final Call has an agenda. It's the Nation of Islam's newspaper.

But the blaze dosent? It's the preferred publication of 4 out of 5 right wingers. The 5th one can't read anyway.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM
If the so called radical environmentalist group advocated discrimination against people then yes they should be kicked off the team.

So I wonder if all the athletes know which political beliefs are allowed and which are not? I guess the only safe thing to do is self-censor to avoid any possible repercussions.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 01:11 PM
So I wonder if all the athletes know which political beliefs are allowed and which are not? I guess the only safe thing to do is sefl-censor to avoid any possible repercussions.

I am not an expert on foreign political parties but I know that in the states an athlete could have supported either the republicans, dems or most 3rd parties and would have been ok. However if an athlete is aligning themselves with racists or extreme right wingers he/she is asking for trouble.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I am not an expert on foreign political parties but I know that in the states an athlete could have supported either the republicans, dems or most 3rd parties and would have been ok. However if an athlete is aligning themselves with racists or extreme right wingers he/she is asking for trouble.

Is it racist to want to live in a country that is racially homogenous? Are people in countries like Chile (95%), Costa Rica (94%), Finland (93%), Japan (99%), Jordan (98%), Mozambique (99%), Poland (96%), South Korea (99%) racist because they haven't embraced multi-culturalism? Is Angela Merkel a racist because she has said that multi-culturalism has failed? Are the Japanese racist for making is so difficult for non-natives to become citizens?

I'm not sure of the content of the Greek olympians retweets and I don't know what she really believes, but Golden Dawn has gained some political power because they support policies that put Greeks and Greece sovereignty first. Is it racist to have that political view? Is it wrong to have a country that puts citizens first, places high bars for citizenship and focuses on Nationalism?

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Is it racist to want to live in a country that is racially homogenous? Are people in countries like Chile (95%), Costa Rica (94%), Finland (93%), Japan (99%), Jordan (98%), Mozambique (99%), Poland (96%), South Korea (99%) racist because they haven't embraced multi-culturalism? Is Angela Merkel a racist because she has said that multi-culturalism has failed? Are the Japanese racist for making is so difficult for non-natives to become citizens?

I'm not sure of the content of the Greek olympians retweets and I don't know what she really believes, but Golden Dawn has gained some political power because they support policies that put Greeks and Greece sovereignty first. Is it racist to have that political view? Is it wrong to have a country that puts citizens first, places high bars for citizenship and focuses on Nationalism?

Switch the name Adolph Hitler for Golden Dawn and ask the same question.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Switch the name Adolph Hitler for Golden Dawn and ask the same question.

So you think the Japanese are racist for remaining racially homogenous and are no different than Hitler?

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
So you think the Japanese are racist for remaining racially homogenous and are no different than Hitler?

That's what you got from his response? Does no one put any thought into anything anymore?

pghin08
07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Bring the thread back to Chick-Fil-A guys.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 02:07 PM

I'm not an expert on the Japanese gov't so feel free to enlighten me. I do know what the nazi party stands for and it is not a good thing.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 02:07 PM

Sorry will do.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 02:13 PM
That's what you got from his response? Does no one put any thought into anything anymore?

If a group of Greeks believe that a homogenous Greek society modeled along the lines of Japan would be better than the current multi-cultural society, should that group of Greeks be labeled neo-Nazis? If the answer is yes, then shouldn't Japan be labeled neo-Nazis as well for keeping out non-Japanese to begin with?

I'm pretty sure that Golden Dawn has not sanctioned a "final solution" that eliminates other races like the policies of Adolph Hitler, I believe they just want a homogenous country. I'm curious to see if people think that is racist or a form of neo-nazism.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 02:14 PM

No problem.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Words of wisdom from an unlikely source:

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2012/07/antoine_dodson_chick-fil-a_gay.html#incart_river_default

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Words of wisdom from an unlikely source:

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2012/07/antoine_dodson_chick-fil-a_gay.html#incart_river_default

That's his right to say such which I support and defend to the fullest but I highly doubt that he speaks for the entire gay community.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Also I love the comment from this guy:

tfb12
(http://connect.al.com/user/tfb12/index.html)

Judging by the federal obesity rates, most of you need to need to take a step back from the deep fried chicken regardless of politics. If you're organizing bus trips to Cracker Barrel or Chick-Fil-A to "help" these million dollar corporations "survive", you might want to stage an intervention for Gold's Gym, too, while you're at it. Just sayin'.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
The Boston Mayor admitted that it is illegal for him to ban CFA.

http://bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1061148712

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Make it public that CFA is donating to hate groups and to get them to stop.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Make it public that CFA is donating to hate groups and to get them to stop.

Are you going after all businesses that share different viewpoints or just this one?

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Are you going after all businesses that share different viewpoints or just this one?
Well, this is the only one that I am aware of that does this.

boba
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Salvation Army, Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Cracker Barrel, Cinemark, just to name a few.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 06:02 PM

You mean, have a belief that you disagree with? You probably support them all the time. Your plumber, dentist, doctor, etc. Maybe there is a secret list out there that can identify any business owner that supports traditional marriage or any other political issue that you can think of so you can boycott them too. (Apple is supportive, maybe they can build an app for that.)

INTIMADATOR2007
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Chick-Fil-a has been in bussiness for what 40yrs. Why on gods green earth is this a big deal now and not 10-20-40 yrs. ago ?

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Salvation Army, Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Cracker Barrel, Cinemark, just to name a few.
They all donate to anti gay groups? I don't shop at any of those, but it would be interesting if they did.

You mean, have a belief that you disagree with? You probably support them all the time. Your plumber, dentist, doctor, etc. Maybe there is a secret list out there that can identify any business owner that supports traditional marriage or any other political issue that you can think of so you can boycott them too. (Apple is supportive, maybe they can build an app for that.)
If you can find a list, feel free to shoot it my way. In the meantime, I will not support any business that does not accept gay marriage/is publicly against it.

Chick-Fil-a has been in bussiness for what 40yrs. Why on gods green earth is this a big deal now and not 10-20-40 yrs. ago ?
More and more people are realizing the discrimination gays are facing and are actually doing something about it.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
is gay rights the only thing you stand for

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Not at all.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
They all donate to anti gay groups? I don't shop at any of those, but it would be interesting if they did.

If you can find a list, feel free to shoot it my way. In the meantime, I will not support any business that does not accept gay marriage/is publicly against it.

More and more people are realizing the discrimination gays are facing and are actually doing something about it.

Target was "targeted" by gay activists at one point. You can add them to your list.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
New Balance is out for you too.

http://www.nomblog.com/12430/

boba
07-26-2012, 06:38 PM

To my knowledge yes.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Anything to do with Donald Trump.

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/03/as-trump-resists-equality-gay-activist-calls-for-celebrity-apprentice-boycott.html

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Target was "targeted" by gay activists at one point. You can add them to your list.
At one point... Anything recent?

New Balance is out for you too.

http://www.nomblog.com/12430/
Their shoes are crap. Lets get this back to Chik Fil A.

tpeichel
07-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Hershey company is a violator.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/hershey-boycott-aids-acti_n_1409294.html

Add the Jewish state and all Jewish products to the list.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/02/20/how-can-gay-activists-boycott-the-jewish-state/

San Francisco based gay activist and blogger Roy Steele is organizing, and calling for a nationwide boycott of retailers enrolled in the Christian Values Network (CVN) shopping web portal, including Sears, Walmart, Sam’s Club and Target.
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/08/gay-activist-calls-for-boycott-of-retailers-supporting-christian-values-network/

If you need a cake in Iowa, this is not your company
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/christian-baker-faces-boycott-for-refusing-to-make-lesbian-cake.html

Hey, boycotts work. Activist forced this guy to sell his company
http://www.pridesource.com/article.html?article=18338

Boycott the President?
While gay activists have staged boycotts of the chain since then, expenditure records at Political Moneyline show that on June 29, 2012 Obama for America spent $62 (http://pml.cq.com/tr/tr_MG_AllDisb.aspx?td=2_2) at Chick-fil-A in Atlanta, Ga.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Not at all.

So why are you only going after companies who are "anti-gay" in your view? Do your other beliefs not matter as much?

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't like chocolate, so Hershey's is useless for me.

I've always avoided Wal-Mart and Sams, and I'll do some research on Target.

Though I don't like Obama, just because someone shops at a store with values doesn't mean they agree with them. Some are able to ignore those practices and ideas.

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 06:57 PM
That is what this thread is about, no? Anti gay views?

So why are you only going after companies who are "anti-gay" in your view? Do your other beliefs not matter as much?

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 06:59 PM
For the record, I was offered a job here recently but turned them down once these things became public and I read them.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
That is what this thread is about, no? Anti gay views?

So you're saying that you do actively research the all the political views of the companies you give money to ?

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 08:17 PM
So you're saying that you do actively research the all the political views of the companies you give money to ?
Of course not. But when I come across news worthy stories I will decide whether or not to continue to give them my business. If it is a good story, I will give them increased business.

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Of course not. But when I come across news worthy stories I will decide whether or not to continue to give them my business. If it is a good story, I will give them increased business.

So in other words you just get fired up at what the media tells you to.

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
So in other words you just get fired up at what the media tells you to.
No, I get fired up at company actions which the media then reports.

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Here are some things I dug up.

WinShape Donated $1,188,380 To Marriage & Family Foundation: Marriage CoMission Is Supported By Prominent Anti-Gay Activists. Since its inception, the CoMission has been supported by anti-gay activists such as Exodus International's Alan Chambers and Citizens for Community Values' Barry Sheets.

WinShape Donated $480,000 To FCA: FCA Ministry Leader Application Condemns "Impure Lifestyle" of Gays. The application to become an FCA Ministry Leader requires applicants to agree with the FCA's Sexual Purity Statement, which condemns gays for engaging in an "impure lifestyle":

WinShape Donated $247,500 To NCF : National Christian Foundation Donates To Anti-Gay Groups. The National Christian Foundation (NCF) is a grant-making foundation that has made "hundreds of grants" to anti-gay groups like Focus on the Family, Family Life, and the Family Research Council, according to the Philanthropy Roundtable's publication "Reviving Marriage In America: Strategies for Donors." NCF allows donors to direct their donations and has experienced a surge in interest among donors in funding marriage-related giving. [Philanthropy Roundtable, accessed 2/8/11]

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 09:28 PM
No, I get fired up at company actions which the media then reports.

Oh, so if a company takes an action that goes unreported by the media, then you would...?

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh, so if a company takes an action that goes unreported by the media, then you would...?
Not know about it and therefore would have no knowledge of it happening and continue to purchase things...?

Wickabee
07-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Not know about it and therefore would have no knowledge of it happening and continue to purchase things...?

So if the media reports it, you boycott
If the media doesn't report it you don't.
You have the option to research these companies yourself but don't.

Tell me again how that isn't bending to whatever the media tells you to.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Make sure you boycott any business associated with Islam as well. They are definitely not down with gays.

andrewhoya
07-26-2012, 09:52 PM
So if the media reports it, you boycott
If the media doesn't report it you don't.
You have the option to research these companies yourself but don't.

Tell me again how that isn't bending to whatever the media tells you to.
Once the media reports it I do go digging for info. Where did I say I never did any research on the companies?

AUtax- I couldn't even name an Islam company even if my life depended on it.

JustAlex
07-26-2012, 09:55 PM

Pretty simple in my mind, the boycott is to hurt them financially.

Sure, at the beginning it's no big deal if it's just a small percentage, but if it grows then CFA will feel the burn.

Also, it's to bring awareness to anyone that doesn't know what CFA is doing.....boycotts HAVE worked in the past, although admittedly most do fail.

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Make sure you boycott any business associated with Islam as well. They are definitely not down with gays.

C'mon now taxman you know that you are against muslims and any muslim owned business regardless of their views on homosexuality.

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 11:24 PM
C'mon now taxman you know that you are against muslims and any muslim owned business regardless of their views on homosexuality.

i hope you're joking

INTIMADATOR2007
07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Nothing to see here , now move along..

shrewsbury
07-27-2012, 08:32 AM
how about this one, my homosexual friends are still eating at chick fil a, in fact my wife and jamie went there for lunch yesterday. so why you heterosexuals are boycotting atleast some gays will be inside eating, kind of ironic.

andrewhoya
07-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I guess they don't really want equal opportunities, or you are just making it up. At least there are others fighting for them.

shrewsbury
07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
andy, I am sure I am just making it up, the fact is most of you fighting for gays have done nothing but give lip service or not buy a chicken sandwich. when is the last time you helped them move? took their sick grandfather to the hospital? came over in the middle of the night to help with a backed up sewer line? hung out with them in public?

the facts are, not what the media or someone else tells you, some homosexuals could care less what others think about them, they will continue to live without getting caught up in all the nonsense. some old man saying he doesn;t support gay marriage means about as much to them as an athiest saying they don't believe in God to me, big deal, each to their own.

I said to her, hey chick fil a doesn't support gay marriage, she laughed and said she wasn't inviting them to her wedding any how.

a classic liberal mindset, I am doing this to fight for the underprivilaged, even if they don't want me to.

if you were truly for equal rights why do you not boycott the schools or government for being anti christian? is it ok to disciminate against someones religious beliefs but not their sexual practices? are you boycotting everything, because no one is for polygamy?

so jump on the bandwagon and drive away but you left most of us behind

JustAlex
07-27-2012, 09:11 AM
a classic liberal mindset, I am doing this to fight for the underprivilaged, even if they don't want me to.
Huh?

There's a website run by GAYS that started this boycott, and various social networks are getting the word out.

It would be insane for any straight person to go on a boycott if the majority of gays didn't care.

The fact is that a lot of them DO care and they don't like what they're seeing from CFA...

BTW, here's the boycott website: http://boycottchickfila.com/

shrewsbury
07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
so I should join the westboro baptist church because they are christian? or veggie should be backing the black panthers because he is black?

and where is your support for christians and polygamists? or equal rights is only equal when you see fit?

mrveggieman
07-27-2012, 09:35 AM
so I should join the westboro baptist church because they are christian? or veggie should be backing the black panthers because he is black?

and where is your support for christians and polygamists? or equal rights is only equal when you see fit?

Power to the People! :sign0020:

shrewsbury
07-27-2012, 10:35 AM
veggie, you got my first laugh of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrewhoya
07-27-2012, 11:47 AM
andy, I am sure I am just making it up, the fact is most of you fighting for gays have done nothing but give lip service or not buy a chicken sandwich. when is the last time you helped them move? took their sick grandfather to the hospital? came over in the middle of the night to help with a backed up sewer line? hung out with them in public?

the facts are, not what the media or someone else tells you, some homosexuals could care less what others think about them, they will continue to live without getting caught up in all the nonsense. some old man saying he doesn;t support gay marriage means about as much to them as an athiest saying they don't believe in God to me, big deal, each to their own.

I said to her, hey chick fil a doesn't support gay marriage, she laughed and said she wasn't inviting them to her wedding any how.

if you were truly for equal rights why do you not boycott the schools or government for being anti christian? is it ok to disciminate against someones religious beliefs but not their sexual practices? are you boycotting everything, because no one is for polygamy?

so jump on the bandwagon and drive away but you left most of us behind
If a gay person needed my help moving, I'd help them. If a gay 90 year old needed help crossing the street, I'd help them just the same. I have waited on gay people before with their partners and have treated them just the same. I have two gay coworkers but treat them with the same respect I give to straight people when others do not.

Not sure what the liberal mindset is about, but I'm not liberal.

Schools and the government... Wait, they aren't anti-Christian. They are very much Christian which needs to be changed. The fact that our pledge of allegiance have 'God' in it is already bad enough, as is the last line. I can't remember the last time I said the entire pledge at school for these reasons.

I don't discriminate against religious beliefs. I'm a polytheistic Christian, so I am guessing I am way more tolerant than you are.

I don't see how I am 'jumping on a bandwagon'.

Wickabee
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Once the media reports it I do go digging for info. Where did I say I never did any research on the companies?

AUtax- I couldn't even name an Islam company even if my life depended on it.

If you only care once it's reported you don't really care and are a media lapdog. That's all.

andrewhoya
07-27-2012, 12:55 PM
So, basically if I do not do research on every company I shop at and where they donate their money but then find information once I hear of something, I am a media lapdog? If that is true, then I am a media lapdog. Doesn't bother me.
If you only care once it's reported you don't really care and are a media lapdog. That's all.

Wickabee
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
So, basically if I do not do research on every company I shop at and where they donate their money but then find information once I hear of something, I am a media lapdog? If that is true, then I am a media lapdog. Doesn't bother me.

That is not what I said at all. Read it again.
If you only get up in arms when the media reports something then you are. If you only pay attention to what the media tells you and only get angry when they tell you to, then you're a lapdog.

andrewhoya
07-27-2012, 02:22 PM
If you only get up in arms when the media reports something then you are.
And that's what I did.

Wickabee
07-27-2012, 02:32 PM
And that's what I did.

So your fine with your money going to support things you stand against as long as it doesn't make the news?

I just think it's kind of stupid to get so up in arms about something you easily could have researched yourself but did not because the media told you to be mad about it. You're either a media lapdog or very lazy.

I'm not looking to insult you or anything, so please don't take it like that. I just think it's dangerous and hypocritical to only get mad when the media tells you to.

I'll put it this way, how much money you spend today will ultimately go to organizations you are absolutely against because the fact that company makes donations to said organization hasn't made the news yet?

How can you only boycott the ones that make the news? That's just hypocrisy matched up with laziness.

But I guess ignorance is bliss.

andrewhoya
07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
So your fine with your money going to support things you stand against as long as it doesn't make the news?
Putting words in my mouth now.
I just think it's kind of stupid to get so up in arms about something you easily could have researched yourself but did not because the media told you to be mad about it. You're either a media lapdog or very lazy.
I dont have the time to research where company profits go for every company I shop at. The media did not tell me to be mad about it.
I'm not looking to insult you or anything, so please don't take it like that. I just think it's dangerous and hypocritical to only get mad when the media tells you to.
No need to apologize, I know what you are trying to do. I dont mind your insults.
I'll put it this way, how much money you spend today will ultimately go to organizations you are absolutely against because the fact that company makes donations to said organization hasn't made the news yet?
Likely a lot. But if it hasn't made the news yet, including online, how am I supposed to know about it?
How can you only boycott the ones that make the news? That's just hypocrisy matched up with laziness.
Tell me how else I would know about it, please. If not a SINGLE media outlet, TV or internet, has reported it, how am I supposed to know about it?
But I guess ignorance is bliss.
:frusty:

Wickabee
07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
1 - Explain how I'm putting words in your mouth. If it's worthwhile to boycott a business you don't agree with, why isn't it worthwhile to do it to all? You must be okay with your money potentially going to anti-gay groups as long as you don't know about it.

2 - The media did tell you to be mad. The media wants to create controversy so they can ultimately make more money. Something like this happens and they tell you, "You should probably be mad about this" so you will get mad and give them ratings.

3 - I didn't apologize because I haven't intended insult, giving me nothing to apologize for. I asked that you don't take these as insults, but I wouldn't apologize for something I haven't done. If you take this as insulting, that's your issue not mine.

4 - Did you never kearn how to research something yourself? I imagine you don't have the time to research all the companies at once, but a few at a time has to be possible. The fact you're trying to pass off, "The media is the only way for me to find anything out," tells me how lazy you actually are in voting with your wallet. There is such a thing as public information.

Obviously you'll never find every piece of info, but you can do more than only boycotting the companies that make the six o'clock news.

ETA::frusty:

shrewsbury
07-27-2012, 03:40 PM
andy, so you have waited on gays and work with some and you are nice to them? what the heck, that is almost funny?!!!!

so this is your only relationship with homosexuals and you are pro gay and I am anti gay?

I share birthdays, holidays, vacations, hotel rooms, cabins, meals, and my life with gays, they are some of my closes friends. In fact we will all be hanging out this weekend looking at houses with a gay couple.

and going back to the batman tragedy, I would not be any hero but would not leave my friends behind why I ran away, I would put my life on the line for them, but I am anti gay?

I don't like everything my children do, so am I anti my own children?

also, i do not agree with all your posts, but I am certain you are a nice guy and i may even like you.

andrewhoya
07-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Unsubscribing to this thread. I have better things to be doing than to be saying the same thing over and over. If I am seen as a media lapdog then so be it. I don't give a :nono::nono::nono::nono: how other people see me. I'll shop where I want and boycott where I want.

Thanks for the conversation earlier, and have a good day.

shrewsbury
07-27-2012, 04:31 PM
andy, i never said you were anything, you said I was anti gay, and you were pro gay, i think i have shown that not be true and now you are gone?

i am not a homosexual and would never be one, it is not for me, but i am far from anti gay.

not buying a chicken sandwich does not make you pro gay, but hey, it's cool you are willing to give something up (if you even ate there to start with) with the intent to help others.

Wickabee
07-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I did, but no offense was intended. In all honesty, I couldn't think of a better word. I just think it's not-smart to go bananas after what's reported in the (mostly mainstream) media but willfully live in ignorance about everything else.

If you're going to vote with your wallet do it. If not don't. Just don't say one thing and live another. That's all I was/am saying and again, no offense is intended whatsoever.

JustAlex
07-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Andrew, I've had a lot of frustrating moments in my short time here at the P&R forum, I hope you do come back, we need more people to speak out for gay rights.....remember when you discuss such polarizing issues, there is no doubt going to be A LOT of serious and sometimes heated discussion.

MadMan1978
07-28-2012, 08:01 AM

There you go again....

the GOP and Conservatives have done it for YEARS! Fair is fair!
Oh and I am Anti-Christan as well
i am a Taoist

and What gives the Republicans in power the right to judge?

shrewsbury
07-28-2012, 09:23 AM
madman, this statement makes zero sense

Oh and I am Anti-Christan as well
i am a Taoist

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 08:25 AM
madman, this statement makes zero sense

Im not too familiar with Toaism but Im pretty sure that madman was being facetious. I got his point.

jlzinck
08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Damn the site change some wonky effects on my computer but I HAD to comment here as I have had personal experiences with Mr Mennino. When he was a city councilor he would come into the bowling alley/ice cream shop once a summer and buy ice cream for "my boys". His "boys" were the police in the station next door. He would always throw $50 down, tell us to get them what they wanted. Of course I said no the 1st time because there were 40 people in the station and $50 wouldn't cut it. He told me "Guess you don't like your job". I then talked to the owner and he told me to go over and take the order.
He did this because the cops would come over every night before they went out on gang sweeps and would spend their own money. So the owner would take the $100 hit one time a year. Nor for "Mumbles" but for the cops.

Fast forward to when he becomes the most powerfull man in the city. If you talked out about him he would do all he could to crush you. He is vindictive as the day is long. Imagine if he threatens the job of a 20 year old kid like me what he does to political rivals.

At the 2004 Dem Convention in Boston. There was a pub with a HUGE George Bush sign attached to the building. This was about 400 feet from the Boston Garden. This didn't sit well with Tommy. So he sent his Inspectional Services goons out there. The pub received 121 violations and was forced to close while they responded to the violations. The same pud had FOUR "findings" in the previous 10 years. The most egregious being that they needed to clean the grease.

So if Chick-Fil-A does come to Boston they will be at the mercy of this nasty man. In the end only lawyers will make money.