PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Bloomberg Says Cops Should Go On Strike Until Americans Give Up Their Guns

jessejordan419
07-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Here you go Democrats, you have liberal Republicans on your side as well. This is why it's a 1 party system until Constitutional Conservatives can either take back the Republican party, or create a Constitutional Party.

"If the law abiding citizens are not allowed to own guns, only criminals will own them."

http://www.brotherjohnf.com/archives/56018

AUTaxMan
07-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I hope they go on strike in NYC. That would be awesome.

jessejordan419
07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
I hope they go on strike in NYC. That would be awesome.

Let the citizens see what it is like to not have cops around to "defend them". Cops cannot protect you. They can only arrest the perpetrator after the crime has been committed.

Cuba had a soldier on every corner, is that what people want in America? Where is the freedom in that? Communism has the machine gun turrets pointed the other way.....to keep people in......

mrveggieman
07-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Let the citizens see what it is like to not have cops around to "defend them". Cops cannot protect you. They can only arrest the perpetrator after the crime has been committed.

Cuba had a soldier on every corner, is that what people want in America? Where is the freedom in that? Communism has the machine gun turrets pointed the other way.....to keep people in......

I normally dont agree with anything that you say but Im going to show you some love:

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030::love0030:

*censored*
07-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Let the cops strike. People will take defense into their own hands and the cops will become unnecessary.

Granted, it's a pipe dream and would only happen in a perfect universe, but still.

jessejordan419
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Let the cops strike. People will take defense into their own hands and the cops will become unnecessary.

Granted, it's a pipe dream and would only happen in a perfect universe, but still.

When people take the law into their own hands, that is vengence. When mobs take the law into their own hands, that is on the verge of anarchy. Mob violence is what executed people in the French Revolution. That is lawlessness. I call obama "The Man Of Lawlessness". That is how the Bible describes the anti-Christ. Look at obama's America:

-black mobs all over america beat white's for their color, holder/obama do nothing
-new black panther's keep people from voting in 2008 by violence, holder/obama refuse to prosecute against irrefutable evidence
-union thugs beat Tea Party people, who are peacefully assembling, holder/obama do nothing
-union thugs take control of ports on the west coast by violence, holder/obama do nothing
-Phoenix becomes the kidnap capital of the world by the cartels, holder/obama do nothing
-Arizona passes laws to rid their state of the violent drug cartels which are murdering Arizona residents, kidnapping Arizona residents, and trafficking hardcore drugs and iranian terrorists, holder/obama sue Arizona, remove border guards
-John Corzine steals $1.5 BILLION from MFGlobal before their collaps, holder/obama do nothing because he is a big campaign contributer

-holder/obama walk thousands of guns into Mexico, put them into the hands of drug cartels, expect the cartels to kill people with them so that the obama administration can enact new gun-control laws
-democrats funnel BILLIONS into fake solar panel companies like Solyndra, who all go bankrupt after embezzeling those BILLIONS, and holder/obama do nothing because they are related to nancy pelosi, and are obama campaign contributors.

Do you want me to go on? This is what your country has been reduced to: Lawlessness. The cops must follow the law, granted a very small percentage of them are bad apples, like in any business. But mobs do not follow the law, they follow mob rule. Mob rule is anarchy. I know many of you "youngsters" may think anarchy is "cool", but when they come to your house, steal your stuff, rape you or your family members, and go about their business, you will not think anarchy is so "cool" anymore.

Hippies tried anarchy once, it led to Charles Manson. This is the evil that is ruling the world, and anarchy lets this evil loose in the world. obama is "The Man Of Lawlessness", whether or not he is the anti-Christ, he possesses the spirit of anti-Christ, just as Hitler did.

mrveggieman
07-27-2012, 09:52 AM
When people take the law into their own hands, that is vengence. When mobs take the law into their own hands, that is on the verge of anarchy. Mob violence is what executed people in the French Revolution. That is lawlessness. I call obama "The Man Of Lawlessness". That is how the Bible describes the anti-Christ. Look at obama's America:

-black mobs all over america beat white's for their color, holder/obama do nothing
-new black panther's keep people from voting in 2008 by violence, holder/obama refuse to prosecute against irrefutable evidence
-union thugs beat Tea Party people, who are peacefully assembling, holder/obama do nothing
-union thugs take control of ports on the west coast by violence, holder/obama do nothing
-Phoenix becomes the kidnap capital of the world by the cartels, holder/obama do nothing
-Arizona passes laws to rid their state of the violent drug cartels which are murdering Arizona residents, kidnapping Arizona residents, and trafficking hardcore drugs and iranian terrorists, holder/obama sue Arizona, remove border guards
-John Corzine steals $1.5 BILLION from MFGlobal before their collaps, holder/obama do nothing because he is a big campaign contributer

-holder/obama walk thousands of guns into Mexico, put them into the hands of drug cartels, expect the cartels to kill people with them so that the obama administration can enact new gun-control laws
-democrats funnel BILLIONS into fake solar panel companies like Solyndra, who all go bankrupt after embezzeling those BILLIONS, and holder/obama do nothing because they are related to nancy pelosi, and are obama campaign contributors.

Do you want me to go on? This is what your country has been reduced to: Lawlessness. The cops must follow the law, granted a very small percentage of them are bad apples, like in any business. But mobs do not follow the law, they follow mob rule. Mob rule is anarchy. I know many of you "youngsters" may think anarchy is "cool", but when they come to your house, steal your stuff, rape you or your family members, and go about their business, you will not think anarchy is so "cool" anymore.

Hippies tried anarchy once, it led to Charles Manson. This is the evil that is ruling the world, and anarchy lets this evil loose in the world. obama is "The Man Of Lawlessness", whether or not he is the anti-Christ, he possesses the spirit of anti-Christ, just as Hitler did.

Every time I give you respect for making an intellegent comment you follow up with this type of crap. :frusty::frusty:

duwal
07-27-2012, 01:12 PM

wow, just so much wrong with this post it just boggles the mind. Sorry to hear that your life is so sad that you actually think this way

duane1969
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
See! Even the GOP has it's fair share of idiotic radical gun-haters. It's not just the liberals.

Too bad Bloomingidiot doesn't grasp the concept of what a police officers job is. "To Serve and Protect" is a nice little saying but there isn't much protecting to do when you don't show up until 15 minutes after 911 was dialed.

If the polce all went on strike then this is what would happen:
* Local and state goverment revenue from traffic and speeding tickets would plummet
* Local and state government budgets would see massive savings as they would no longer pay for cops cars to sit and idle for hours and hours while the cops drink coffee and watch people drive by
* Jails would have less people in them and graveyards would have more as citizens learned to protect themselves

That's about it. Current crime rates woul remain about the same. Cops don't prevent crime. For every rape, murder, robbery and assault that a cop prevents there are thousands that are over and done before the cops ever arrive.

Bloomberg should be fired/recalled/kicked to the curb for advocating violence and anarchy to promote his radical anti-gun agenda.

mrveggieman
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
See! Even the GOP has it's fair share of idiotic radical gun-haters. It's not just the liberals.

Too bad Bloomingidiot doesn't grasp the concept of what a police officers job is. "To Serve and Protect" is a nice little saying but there isn't much protecting to do when you don't show up until 15 minutes after 911 was dialed.

* Local and state goverment revenue from traffic and speeding tickets would plummet
* Local and state government budgets would see massive savings as they would no longer pay for cops cars to sit and idle for hours and hours while the cops drink coffee and watch people drive by
* Jails would have less people in them and graveyards would have more as citizens learned to protect themselves

That's about it. Current crime rates woul remain about the same. Cops don't prevent crime. For every rape, murder, robbery and assault that a cop prevents there are thousands that are over and done before the cops ever arrive.

Bloomberg should be fired/recalled/kicked to the curb for advocating violence and anarchy to promote his radical anti-gun agenda.

Can I get some CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

theonedru
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Responsible gun holders need give up nothing, its the extremist and the idiotic gun owners that are an issue.

pghin08
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Responsible gun holders need give up nothing, its the extremist and the idiotic gun owners that are an issue.

Truth.

cardmasters
07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
If we get rid of all cops I am moving to Canada. I don't want to be accused of a crime I did not commit and have a angry mob chasing me.

jessejordan419
07-28-2012, 01:57 AM

If Constitutionalists ran the GOP, they'd remove him from the party. I don't know why New Yorkers put up with his garbage. How about Bloomberg banning soft drinks over 16 oz?? I'm sorry, but this is America, where businesses have the right to serve what they want, and I have the right to drink what I want, and be as fat as I wanna be!! And who says soft drinks over 16 oz. cause weight gain anyway? What's next, a ban on double cheeseburgers?

jessejordan419
07-28-2012, 01:58 AM
wow, just so much wrong with this post it just boggles the mind. Sorry to hear that your life is so sad that you actually think this way

If you would kindly point out exactly which statements are wrong, I'd be glad to peacefully and calmly debate the issue with you. And my life is far from sad, but thank you for assuming you know how I feel.

JustAlex
07-28-2012, 05:52 AM
@Jesse.....from many of the threads and posts you have written, I think it's fair to say you are a very religious person...

I'm pretty sure you know the bible quite well, and I'm proud to say that as an atheist I know the bible very well myself, so I'm going to ask you a couple of things in regard to guns and the bible.

I contest that the MAIN purpose of guns is to injure or KILL other human beings, when people say they are buying it for self-defense, that's great but they know very well if they ever use that gun it will be to cause harm to another human REGARDLESS of the situation.

Jesus said:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:38-39

And of course we have the "golden rule"....."do to others what you would have them do to you" - Matthew 7:12

Do you really believe that JESUS CHRIST would really want his "children" to have guns for the purpose of injuring or killing each other????

I contest that in a REAL Christian society there would be ZERO guns, and there would be absolutely NO tolerance for the horrible damage they have the potential to do.

A gun's main objective is to KILL living things.....the same can't be said for most other objects that can also be used to harm humans:

A Knife's main objective is to cut...
A Bat's main objective is to hit a ball...
A chainsaw's main object is to slice wood...

I find it very ironic that in this country it is the "Christian conservatives" (in general) that are nuts about guns....while the "Liberals" (in general) are the ones wishing to live in a society with fewer guns.

theonedru
07-28-2012, 01:13 PM
@Jesse.....from many of the threads and posts you have written, I think it's fair to say you are a very religious person...

I'm pretty sure you know the bible quite well, and I'm proud to say that as an atheist I know the bible very well myself, so I'm going to ask you a couple of things in regard to guns and the bible.

I contest that the MAIN purpose of guns is to injure or KILL other human beings, when people say they are buying it for self-defense, that's great but they know very well if they ever use that gun it will be to cause harm to another human REGARDLESS of the situation.

Jesus said:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:38-39

And of course we have the "golden rule"....."do to others what you would have them do to you" - Matthew 7:12

Do you really believe that JESUS CHRIST would really want his "children" to have guns for the purpose of injuring or killing each other????

I contest that in a REAL Christian society there would be ZERO guns, and there would be absolutely NO tolerance for the horrible damage they have the potential to do.

A gun's main objective is to KILL living things.....the same can't be said for most other objects that can also be used to harm humans:

I find it very ironic that in this country it is the "Christian conservatives" (in general) that are nuts about guns....while the "Liberals" (in general) are the ones wishing to live in a society with fewer guns.

I don't know dude. I don't think I would want someone to come at me with a chainsaw anymore than I would a gun, in fact i think i would rather be shot, it would prob do less damage then getting slashed with a chainsaw

Wickabee
07-28-2012, 01:47 PM
If we get rid of all cops I am moving to Canada. I don't want to be accused of a crime I did not commit and have a angry mob chasing me.

Umm...google the names "Buddy Tavares" and "Robert Dziekanski"

We're not exactly problem free up here, and it's not just criminals creating the problem.

pwaldo
07-28-2012, 03:06 PM

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Maybe they want people to live a society with fewer guns so they can mow down more people? Just a thought....seeing as how places like Detroit, Chicago, LA, NYC, Philadelphia, etc are all controlled by Democrats and they account for the majority of gun violence and gun deaths throughout the United States. Probably would be more ironic that the people who want less gun violence are the ones killing everyone with guns.

cardmasters
07-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I know Canada has problems, but if there are no laws or fines, America will be in anarchy.

In order to keep people from shop lifting, people will have to kill them. Also there will be no trials and people like the lacross team will be killed, and I am not sure if zimmerman is innocent or not, but he would of been killed. Also when I think was spike lee who posted where zimmerman lived, when it was actually a eldery couple, the house would of been burned down.

Also what will keep business from polluting? One time america had a fire on a river.

jessejordan419
07-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Bear with me, I'm typing from a phone. I submit to you the purpose of the gun is to create enough pressure to launch a projectile. It is the MAN who uses that weapon that dictates its use.

Jesus said:

Lucifer knows Scripture VERY well, and debated Scripture with Jesus to try to get Him to sin. I am in no way calling you Lucifer or me Jesus. Here is another Scripture: Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
I can find you many more on a computer.

Yes, but remember that the heathen or criminal will not follow the golden rule, and the first Scripture you quoted me is always taken out of context. I will need a computer to answer you.

Once again, that is not the purpose of a weapon. And I do not intend to cause ANYONE harm, but I will defend my family and property to the death. Furthermore, I would defend your right to be an atheist with my life as well. I would need a computer to properly debate Scriptures with you. Hopefully Monday.

That is not reality, but it will be during Jesus' Mellineal Reign.

And yet how many people are murdered with knives, bats, chainsaws, etc.? Would you outlaw those? The root of the problem is man's evil. This is caused by sin and Lucifer.

Liberals fail to see the reality of the world. Liberals live in fantasy, and cannot accept the fact that history is nothing but the fight of continuous evil. We can hold hands and sing koombayah and drink unicorn milk and eat rainbow pie in Jesus' Milenial Reign. Please excuse my spelling.

My responses in bold.

Wickabee
07-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Too true. Just don't think it's a utopia. Up here, the police are often as big a problem as the criminals. Last summer was rampant with officers being charged with assault both on and off duty. Our...

Wickabee
07-28-2012, 04:10 PM
My responses in bold.

I don't like your last bolded response. Sweeping generalizations are always wrong. I'm a liberal and I'm all for gun ownership. I just don't understand how requiring a weapon to be registered or even having a wait period is taking away that right. I also don't understand how anyone could need an automatic weapon for any reason other than to hurt/kill someone. Automatic weapons are not for self-defense and anyone who owns one should be considered a criminal, with some possible exceptions, of course.

Don't tell me I live in fantasy. You've proven time and time again that you don't know a thing about me.

tutall
07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't like your last bolded response. Sweeping generalizations are always wrong. I'm a liberal and I'm all for gun ownership. I just don't understand how requiring a weapon to be registered or even having a wait period is taking away that right. I also don't understand how anyone could need an automatic weapon for any reason other than to hurt/kill someone. Automatic weapons are not for self-defense and anyone who owns one should be considered a criminal, with some possible exceptions, of course.

Don't tell me I live in fantasy. You've proven time and time again that you don't know a thing about me.

First off I agree to a point about the waiting perid for a weapon but at the same time I not that is going to change anything... Thiguy in Colorado (which brought many of these gun conversations up) ws legal to on a gun an would have passed any holding period there was. Plus there is no way to regulate the market outside of gun stores and pawn shops, etc.... For instance I could right now go to several peoples houses here in town and walk out with a big enough gun and enough ammo to do quite a bit of damage.

Also the whole guns are used for killing people... PLEASE... I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds out of my guns. I have never killed a single person... I have killed a few deer but have also killed some with a bow and arrow (which Alex forgot to list in his listings or weapons).... My main objective with a gun is to go in my parents back yard and target shoot with my younger brother.

jessejordan419
07-30-2012, 09:50 PM

The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, self defense, or any other red herring. The 2nd amendment is to arm the citizenry to stand up in defense to a tyrannical government, and to put "teeth" into the other Rights.

You are completely mistaken by the term "automatic weapon". Semi-automatic weapons are the only weapons allowed with a simple 4473 ATF form. This form is unConstitutional in itself, because you have to be "allowed" or "approved" to have your 2nd amendment right "granted" to you.

Automatic weapons are HEAVILY regulated by the NFA or National Firearms Act. One must purchase a $200 tax stamp, and either be subjected to fingerprinting, passport photos, and approval by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer, usually the County Sheriff; or pay a lawyer to form a Trust to bypass this. Either way, a 6-month background check is done before the stamp is granted.

By the way, only fully automatic weapons manufactured before 1986 are allowed to be transferred, greatly increasing the value of said firearms. A Colt M-16 costs roughly $25,000.

But liberals want to "cloud" the debate, label all semi-automatic weapons as fully-automatic weapons, and say something is ignorant as, "the only reason for these weapons is to kill/hurt someone". What do you think the motive of a MURDERER is?????

Registering firearms is one of the first things Hitler did. This way, he knew who to round up FIRST. Liberals always ignore full intention of legislation that limits anyone's freedom.

I'll say it again. The way to curtail these types of situations is to ENACT SWIFT AND SEVERE JUSTICE. In the cases where there are several eye-witnesses and full evidence as in Aurora, have a speedy trial-2 weeks or less-and hang that SOB in the streets on live tv. See his face and what happens to someone who dares commit an atrocity such as this. This is not vengeance, this is justice, and this will encourage others to follow the law. Something that 30 years worth of "3 hots & a cot", tv, and a/c on Death Row obviously does not do.

mrveggieman
07-31-2012, 08:14 AM
I'll say it again. The way to curtail these types of situations is to ENACT SWIFT AND SEVERE JUSTICE. In the cases where there are several eye-witnesses and full evidence as in Aurora, have a speedy trial-2 weeks or less-and hang that SOB in the streets on live tv. See his face and what happens to someone who dares commit an atrocity such as this. This is not vengeance, this is justice, and this will encourage others to follow the law. Something that 30 years worth of "3 hots & a cot", tv, and a/c on Death Row obviously does not do.

Agree with this point.

Wickabee
07-31-2012, 11:54 AM
First off I agree to a point about the waiting perid for a weapon but at the same time I not that is going to change anything... Thiguy in Colorado (which brought many of these gun conversations up) ws legal to on a gun an would have passed any holding period there was. Plus there is no way to regulate the market outside of gun stores and pawn shops, etc.... For instance I could right now go to several peoples houses here in town and walk out with a big enough gun and enough ammo to do quite a bit of damage.

Also the whole guns are used for killing people... PLEASE... I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds out of my guns. I have never killed a single person... I have killed a few deer but have also killed some with a bow and arrow (which Alex forgot to list in his listings or weapons).... My main objective with a gun is to go in my parents back yard and target shoot with my younger brother.

Nothing you do outside of takine away everyone's rights is ever going to stop this sort of thing. I'm not even going to try, but the only thing that is going to come close to stopping these killings is a major societal change. What waiting periods do is take away the ability to buy a gun and use it while under some sort of stress. For example, guy comes home, finds his wife with another man, goes out buys a gun and shoots them both before killing himself. A waiting period stops that. If you have to register a vehicle, why not a gun? Neither of these things takes away any right of ownership, and regulation isn't a bad thing by default.

Jesse. You assume I think second amendment is about hunting. I never did because I'm not stupid.
You assume I think automatic weapons are legal. I don't, I simply said they shouldn't be. Again I'm not stupid.

When you can formulate a thought without calling me an idiot, we can talk.

duane1969
07-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I know Canada has problems, but if there are no laws or fines, America will be in anarchy.

In order to keep people from shop lifting, people will have to kill them. Also there will be no trials and people like the lacross team will be killed, and I am not sure if zimmerman is innocent or not, but he would of been killed. Also when I think was spike lee who posted where zimmerman lived, when it was actually a eldery couple, the house would of been burned down.

Also what will keep business from polluting? One time america had a fire on a river.

Gotta disagree. I live in a rural area that has no police force. We only occasionally get a drive thru by a sheriff or state police. Calling 911 means a minimum 15 minute wait for someone to arrive. Crime is minimal here. Sure, we get the occasional mail box smashing or deer poaching, but wanton uncontrolled crime does not exist.

Yes, if you remove the police force in some place like NYC or Los Angeles then you will see anarchy, but those are liberal strongholds where "me first" is the axiom and treating others with respect is not.

As for the whole polluting thing, that is the EPA's job, not the police.

Jesus said:

It is nice to try and use the Bible as proof that guns are wrong but you failed. The "turn the other cheek" thing is not about someone trying to kill you, rape you or rob you. It is about how to act socially in life. I see a lot of radical gun-haters try to make this argument but all it really does is show a lack of understanding of the scripture. If you read the entire passage that "turn the other cheek" comes from you will see that it is a guide of how to be a good Christian (give another your cloak if he needs it, if a man ask you to walk a mile for him then you should walk two miles for him).

If you want true passages about how to deal with criminals or the Christian right to use deadly force then you can easily find it very early in the Bible in Exodus 22:2
"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

Or you can look to Nehemiah 4:14 which speaks of defending your home and family...
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not afraid of them: remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight

In a truly Christian society we would have no need for guns because everyone would treat each other with decency, respect and love. However, as we have seen, most people in our society have no decency, respect or love within them, so I own guns.

duane1969
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!! Bloomberg is a Democrat!! How did he get labeled a liberal Republican by the OP? Guess that is what I get for not fact checking...

Kosmo kards
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, self defense, or any other red herring. The 2nd amendment is to arm the citizenry to stand up in defense to a tyrannical government, and to put "teeth" into the other Rights.

You are completely mistaken by the term "automatic weapon". Semi-automatic weapons are the only weapons allowed with a simple 4473 ATF form. This form is unConstitutional in itself, because you have to be "allowed" or "approved" to have your 2nd amendment right "granted" to you.

Automatic weapons are HEAVILY regulated by the NFA or National Firearms Act. One must purchase a $200 tax stamp, and either be subjected to fingerprinting, passport photos, and approval by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer, usually the County Sheriff; or pay a lawyer to form a Trust to bypass this. Either way, a 6-month background check is done before the stamp is granted.

By the way, only fully automatic weapons manufactured before 1986 are allowed to be transferred, greatly increasing the value of said firearms. A Colt M-16 costs roughly $25,000.

But liberals want to "cloud" the debate, label all semi-automatic weapons as fully-automatic weapons, and say something is ignorant as, "the only reason for these weapons is to kill/hurt someone". What do you think the motive of a MURDERER is?????

Registering firearms is one of the first things Hitler did. This way, he knew who to round up FIRST. Liberals always ignore full intention of legislation that limits anyone's freedom.

You do realize that the constitution was written 225 years ago, guns back then were basic and crappy. Now guns are completly different now and I see no problem with light to moderate regulation. I support the second ammendment, but a hand gun or rifle or shotgun is sufficient for self defense. You don't need a Thompson. This idea of the government constantly looking to take our guns away so can come into my house and kill us all is getting old, so stop it!!!

mrveggieman
07-31-2012, 02:46 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!! Bloomberg is a Democrat!! How did he get labeled a liberal Republican by the OP? Guess that is what I get for not fact checking...

Wrong again duane, he is neither a republican nor a dem but independent. Per his wikipedia page he was a republican after he was a dem. Check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg

duane1969
07-31-2012, 02:51 PM
You do realize that the constitution was written 225 years ago, guns back then were basic and crappy. Now guns are completly different now and I see no problem with light to moderate regulation. I support the second ammendment, but a hand gun or rifle or shotgun is sufficient for self defense. You don't need a Thompson. This idea of the government constantly looking to take our guns away so can come into my house and kill us all is getting old, so stop it!!!

The NFA already restricts the ownership of "Thompsons' and other fully automatic weapons, so all of these laws are aimed at shotguns, pistols and semi-auto or bolt action rifles.

And there is already significantly more than light to moderate regulations on guns and gun ownership. This is not a protest of a law, it is a protest of ANOTHER law that restricts guns and gun ownership. This is not about wanting to buy 5000 rounds of ammunition, it is about being tired of a government that constantly dictates what we can and can not do. In a society that was founded on escaping government oppression the only thing that isn't regulated by the government is government regulation.

And just because the Constitution was written 225 years ago doesn't make it less relevant. If you really think that then remember that that 225 year old document is the only thing protecting you from having the police kick in your door and search your house without a warrant, arrest you without telling you why you are being arrested and imprisoning you for the rest of your life without ever getting a trial.

Wickabee
07-31-2012, 02:54 PM
The NFA already restricts the ownership of "Thompsons' and other fully automatic weapons, so all of these laws are aimed at shotguns, pistols and semi-auto or bolt action rifles.

And there is already significantly more than light to moderate regulations on guns and gun ownership. This is not a protest of a law, it is a protest of ANOTHER law that restricts guns and gun ownership. This is not about wanting to buy 5000 rounds of ammunition, it is about being tired of a government that constantly dictates what we can and can not do. In a society that was founded on escaping government oppresion the only thing that isn't regulated by the government is government regulation.

So essentially what you're saying is this is a redundant and ultimately useless law?

duane1969
07-31-2012, 02:56 PM
So essentially what you're saying is this is a redundant and ultimately useless law?

Right after the law is passed (if it is passed) I will go down to my local gun shop and buy 500 rounds of ammo for my handgun without even so much as a question of why I need so many bullets.

Yes, it is pointless.

Wickabee
07-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Right after the law is passed (if it is passed) I will go down to my local gun shop and buy 500 rounds of ammo for my handgun without even so much as a question of why I need so many bullets.

Yes, it is pointless.

Okay, that's totally valid.
When you say go to your local gunshop and buy 500 rounds without question, is that because they know you or could I (were I American, of course) expect the same treatment? Or would you reasonably be able to walk into a gunshop you've never set foot in and is 3 counties over and get that service?

duane1969
07-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Okay, that's totally valid.
When you say go to your local gunshop and buy 500 rounds without question, is that because they know you or could I (were I American, of course) expect the same treatment? Or would you reasonably be able to walk into a gunshop you've never set foot in and is 3 counties over and get that service?

The next time I pass by there I will snap a pic of the big sign out front advertising that he is selling ammo in 100, 250, 500 and I think 1000 round quantities. The more you buy, the better the price. All you need is money. ID is not required for ammo purchases. Being from Canada, you could buy it too. There is no restriction on ammo purchases for non-citizens as far as I know.

And I am not a regular customer, it is just local to me. I actually do my business with a shop that is about 40 miles away because he has a better selection.

Wickabee
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
The next time I pass by there I will snap a pic of the big sign out front advertising that he is selling ammo in 100, 250, 500 and I think 1000 round quantities. The more you buy, the better the price. All you need is money. ID is not required for ammo purchases. Being from Canada, you could buy it too. There is no restriction on ammo purchases for non-citizens as far as I know.
Alright. I don't have much experience with guns. I've fired a couple shotguns when I was younger (don't ask what they were) as most kids growing up in rural areas end up doing, but I've never gained an interest or appreciation for them on a collector level, I'm not a hunter and I, personally, don't want a gun in my house. Which isn't to say that if yours are properly and safely stored I don't think you should own a gun, I just don't want one in my house. I believe you about the sign, so don't worry about a picture. Honestly my first thought was, "That's a little disconcerting" but you can't fire ammo without a gun. It is interesting to know that I can buy ammo. Any idea if I could buy a gun as well (just curious)

And I am not a regular customer, it is just local to me. I actually do my business with a shop that is about 40 miles away because he has a better selection.
Gotcha. I was just wondering the exact situation. Like with cards, you hear some guys say "This LCS is great I go there all the time and he gives me freebies" and then someone else says "Must be nice, I got ripped off the one time I went in there." So I just wanted to clarify.

mrveggieman
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
I got a quick question for our Canadian bretheren, what are the gun laws like in Canada? Do you have the right to bear arms up there?

Wickabee
07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
I got a quick question for out Canadian bretheren, what are the gun laws like in Canada? Do you have the right to bear arms up there?

Honestly, I'm not up on my gun control laws, because they don't matter to me (I don't want one, so ultimately what do I care?)
I do know we have stricter gun control laws than the US. The last while our government has been fighting over the registry process itself, not whether or not we need it. While I don't think we have the "right" to bear arms, we still can. Kind of like how driving isn't actually a right. If you screw up badly enough you can't do it anymore. Of course like I said, I'm not really the person to ask.

Kosmo kards
07-31-2012, 06:14 PM
It was nice read what you posted. First off I never said that the constitution was stupid or anything like that. What I meant to say is that 225 years ago maching guns did not exist and the founding fathers didn't know that a machine gun ever would come into existence. Plus the people who were responsible for writing the constitution were in the middle of a war against British Tyranny. Times have changed. The constitution and laws are meant to be changed as society seems fit. Drinking and driving wasn't against the law back then. Then again I don't know a whole lot about gun regulation and how strictly guns are regulated. my expertise is in bird law :)

duane1969
07-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Any idea if I could buy a gun as well (just curious)

No you can't buy a gun. In fact, most states require that you either be from that state or from a neighboring state.

You can buy ammo because sometimes people come from other countries to hunt or take part in shooting competitions. Since most airlines won't let you transport ammunition thanks to 9/11 then you must purchase it on location.

It was nice read what you posted. First off I never said that the constitution was stupid or anything like that. What I meant to say is that 225 years ago maching guns did not exist and the founding fathers didn't know that a machine gun ever would come into existence. Plus the people who were responsible for writing the constitution were in the middle of a war against British Tyranny. Times have changed. The constitution and laws are meant to be changed as society seems fit. Drinking and driving wasn't against the law back then. Then again I don't know a whole lot about gun regulation and how strictly guns are regulated. my expertise is in bird law :)

Thing is, 225 years ago the founding fathers also didn't know if we would still be using muskets now. They didn't write the Constitution with respect to any form of firearm, they wrote it with a concept in mind. That concept was to protect the citizen' ability to protect themselves from oppression by the government. The very reason that the 2nd Amendment was written is the very reason that the government should not be able to place restrictions on guns. It is essentially the government being given the power to do the very thing that the 2nd Amendment is meant to protect us from happening.

duane1969
07-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Wrong again duane, he is neither a republican nor a dem but independent. Per his wikipedia page he was a republican after he was a dem. Check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg

So he was a Democrat when Democrats were in power, switched to Republican when the Republicans took power, then switched to Independant when the country became disenchanted with both parties. Tells me all I need to know about what type of person he is.

JustAlex
07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Let's pretend that we were like Japan for one second.

In Japan there are very, very, very few guns.....most of them are owned by their military, which is NO WHERE near as aggressive as ours which is always looking for a fight with another country (IMO).

The chances of an ordinary Japanese criminal obtaining a gun is about as likely as a U.S criminal obtaining a nuclear bomb.

And for these obvious reasons Japan has almost ZERO gun deaths per year....to be perfectly honest the Japanese Yakuza (mafia) has obtained a very small quantity of guns but they rarely use it......HAHA, even their Mafia/gangs are more educated/respectful of life then the average U.S criminal.

Anyways, the Japanese society is one of the most advanced on this planet....they live about 4-5 years longer than the average American, they have much higher education standards, they have universal health care, their infrastructure is unbelievably good, it makes the U.S look like a third world country in this aspect, and they produce some of the BEST technology in the world.

This doesn't mean guns are preventing U.S citizens from doing the same as the Japanese, but what I'm trying to say is that the cultural differences are so stark!

The Japanese value education, we don't, they don't worry about having shootings in a high school or other public places, WE DO!