PDA

View Full Version : "Why I voted Democrat"

jessejordan419
07-29-2012, 12:48 AM
1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

JustAlex
07-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Thank you for validating almost everything I've ever said on these boards in regards to christians and conservatives.

BTW, your last point: "we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world".....is by far the biggest reason why America keeps failing.

It's that type of attitude why everything is going so terribly wrong.

ensbergcollector
07-29-2012, 10:19 AM
alex - care to share where he is wrong on the first 10?

shrewsbury
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
have to love #6

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 11:07 AM
pretty good list

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Alex a suggestion for you...It is a trap just stay clear of any rebuttal

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 11:10 AM

Trust me, that is a mantra he already employs regularly.

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 11:24 AM
WHOA Wait one sec here #3

REALLY? I am offended by 98% for anything a Republican says! BUT I am more offended if anyone attacks Freedom of Speech of any person in the US. But as always you GOP supporters see things with jaded glasses and have your own rules as well as your own ways to interpret the Constitution.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
BUt as always you GOP Supports see things with jaded glasses and have your own rules as well as your own ways to interpret the Constitution.

That doesn't even make any sense.

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 11:43 AM
That doesn't even make any sense.

Makes prefect sense from my view

tpeichel
07-29-2012, 11:48 AM
WHOA Wait one sec here #3

REALLY? I am offended by 98% for anything a Republican says! BUT I am more offended if anyone attacks Freedom of Speech of any person in the US. BUt as always you GOP Supports see things with jaded glasses and have your own rules as well as your own ways to interpret the Constitution.

Recently there were some politicians that threatened to deny business to a company because they disagreed with the owner's religious beliefs about marriage. Hmm...I wonder which party they were from?

How about the Olympian that was disqualified because she had the "wrong" political views?

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 12:01 PM
The GOP is which party! Really YOUR Conservatives speaking out on GAY Marriage. A just Boycott in my opinion , another form of free speech!
AND YES condemn his homophobic views. But he still has the right to say him. as well I have every right to speak out against his views in protest.

A Greek Olympian ? Really a racist? but other wise not on the US Team-has no bearing on the argument

tpeichel
07-29-2012, 12:20 PM
The GOP is which party! Really YOUR Conservatives speaking out on GAY Marriage. A just Boycott in my opinion , another form of free speech!
AND YES condemn his homophobic views. But he still has the right to say him. as well I have every right to speak out against his views in protest.

A Greek Olympian ? Really a racist? but other wise not on the US Team-has no bearing on the argument

There's a big difference between individuals protesting a business, which is fine, and the government using its power to limit business opportunities because they don't toe the line of liberal orthodoxy.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
There's a big difference between individuals protesting a business, which is fine, and the government using its power to limit business opportunities because they don't toe the line of liberal orthodoxy.

To Madman, the government should tell us all what to believe. I bet his favorite book is 1984.

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 01:29 PM
How about the Olympian that was disqualified because she had the "wrong" political views?

What does a Greek athlete being kicked out by the Greek Olympic body have to do with American freedom of speech?

Don't be stupid.

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 01:38 PM
To Madman, the government should tell us all what to believe. I bet his favorite book is 1984.

please if you going to mention my name in ANY sentence have fact to back it up!

What I said it is free speech to all! 99% I so loathe your thoughts and opinions I ignore you. But you have the right to say them as i have the right to sound off against them. In fact I have never read 1984, It was never on any required reading list in my High School. as well I have no intentions on reading the novel. And for further discussions the Name in Michael

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 01:39 PM

and where have you been?
Government has been doing that very thing for 100 years....
as Well as Reagan, Bush 1 and 2

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
please if you going to mention my name in ANY sentence have fact to back it up!

What I said it is free speech to all! 99% I so loathe your thoughts and opinions I ignore you. But you have the right to say them as i have the right to sound off against them. In fact I have never read 1984, It was never on any required reading list in my High School. as well I have no intentions on reading the novel. And for further discussions the Name in Michael

Why do you loathe anything? I disagree with your opinions, but I don't loathe them or you. I just acknowledge that you disagree with me.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:02 PM
and where have you been?
Government has been doing that very thing for 100 years....
as Well as Reagan, Bush 1 and 2

Facts please...

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Facts please...

Would a "fact" be something like, "I bet you're a big fan of Brave New World"?

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Why do you loathe anything? I disagree with your opinions, but I don't loathe them or you. I just acknowledge that you disagree with me.

Loathe when the good Christians here say they are all for helping...oh wait as long as I dont have to pay for it...or when people feel they are elite and above a lower class...I loathe the fact you defend the VERY rich when they are so disconnected with the reality of this country

But I must thank you for setting a fire under me and providing me the vigor to press real issues....

joee5
07-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I vote whatever way I feel to be right. Or whoever BS I believe in more than the other.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Loathe when the good Christians here say they are all for helping...oh wait as long as I dont have to pay for it...or when people feel they are elite and above a lower class...I loathe the fact you defend the VERY rich when they are so disconnected with the reality of this country

But I must thank you for setting a fire under me and providing me the vigor to press real issues....

Such ignorance displayed. No Christian is saying that they don't want to pay taxes. Who feels like they are elite and above a lower class. Provide evidence. Who are the "very rich", how have I defended them, and how have they demonstrated that they are disconnected with the reality of this country? What is the reality of this country?

JustAlex
07-29-2012, 04:11 PM
You know what's really sad???

The fact that EVERY republican conservative came in here and said absolutely NOTHING against this terrible rhetoric.

They know full well how insanely ridiculous this list is, but no one DARES speak out against their party, it is literally the definition of being sheep.

This country is DOOMED because there are MILLIONS upon MILLIONS who think just like the OP.

The U.S will continue being the most embarrassing and disgraceful First world country on this planet.

anglinomics
07-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I did vote Democratic in 2008 because I was snowed over by Obama's promise of getting rid of politics as usual. I really didn't follow politics before the 2008 election. My mind was quickly changed to be conservative, when Obama started handing out stimulus funds to reward his campaign donors. He has continued to disappoint since, as he is a true politician.

texansrangerfan73
07-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I vote whatever way I feel to be right. Or whoever BS I believe in more than the other.
AMEN & now back to our regular scheduled sports talk, card trading & everything else that makes a sports forum great!

ensbergcollector
07-29-2012, 04:44 PM
i love all the people on the left here who bash this list but when asked why, at best they can have problems with 1 or 2. so instead of try and back up their opposition, they just resort to blanket statements and overexaggerations.

and as a christian, please explain to me where anyone has said we are all for helping unless we have to pay for it. we have hashed this out a million times. there is a difference in being forced to pay taxes for people who are abusing the system, and wanting to help people.

JustAlex
07-29-2012, 05:04 PM
i love all the people on the left here who bash this list but when asked why, at best they can have problems with 1 or 2. so instead of try and back up their opposition, they just resort to blanket statements and overexaggerations.
Are you serious???

Do you know why I or anyone else have not bothered to go through this list???

It's because it's insanely stupid and a waste of my and everyone else's time.

BTW how ironic that you use the phrases "Blanket statement" and "Overexaggerations" when that's EXACTLY what this list is!

Goodness sake all of this is just a huge joke!

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Such ignorance displayed.
I know. What's weird is it's on both sides but neither will admit it.

No Christian is saying that they don't want to pay taxes.
Really? Not one? You know this for a fact?

Who feels like they are elite and above a lower class. Provide evidence.
Ask around yourself. I'm sure you'll find some answers. Of course, if you think a lack of evidence equates proof, it's in your best interest to remain ignorant.

Who are the "very rich"
The very rich. You can call them the 1% or 2% but if you don't even know who the "very rich" are I question how you even found this website. Obviously deliberate obtuseness isn't an argument.

how have I defended them
Do you vote Republican?

and how have they demonstrated that they are disconnected with the reality of this country?
See: Mitt Romney

What is the reality of this country?

If you don't even know, how can you even attempt to elect someone to run it?

ensbergcollector
07-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Are you serious???

Do you know why I or anyone else have not bothered to go through this list???

It's because it's insanely stupid and a waste of my and everyone else's time.

BTW how ironic that you use the phrases "Blanket statement" and "Overexaggerations" when that's EXACTLY what this list is!

Goodness sake all of this is just a huge joke!

fair enough. then this forum should die pretty soon if both sides just resort to "don't even bother, it isn't worth it" type statements. because anyone who has a different opinion is obviously a huge joke and anyone who dares have a different opinion is obviously insanely stupid and any type of actual discourse if a waste of time.

love the tolerance.

ensbergcollector
07-29-2012, 06:14 PM
1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

The oil companies get crap every time they post their quarterly profits. anyone care to tell me how this statement isn't true?

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

while definitely a blanket statement, it is fairly accurate that the democratic party is more for the idea of the government being responsible for doling out money instead of trusting in its citizens

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

again, pretty accurate. democrats are typically in favor of freedom of speech but are the first to cry out if someone says something offensive.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

more of a blanket statement then i am comfortable with

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

very blanket but somewhat accurate

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

extremely accurate

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

the first half is true

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

insanely accurate. nearly every liberal item that has been made into law of pushed into law, has been done by a single judge or a single panel. never by vote. you can decide for yourself if you are comfortable with that or not, but even if you are, that doesn't make the statement untrue

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

not sure how anyone could claim this is an untrue statement

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

this statement is completely open to opinion. some still feel this way about america and i also understand why some don't.

my responses in bold. i would love it if others would take the time to do the same.

pspstatus
07-29-2012, 09:35 PM
You forgot this one.

I voted democrat because I don't want people making decisions that effect me based on religious beliefs I don't share.

or

I voted democrat because it's obvious to me that while not being the sole cause of it, humans are still greatly accerlerating climate change.

or

I voted democrat because I understand that the world is changing and that we can't go back to the good old days of the 1950's or whatever American Dream fantasy the current GOP crop lives in.

or how about this one.

I voted democrat because the current Republican party is not the Republican party anymore.

You know the democrats really aren't much better. But if you want to bash one group don't forget to take a look in the mirror first. It doesn't matter what party you lean towards because in truth our politicians really only represent a very small minority that have nothing much in common with the likes of you and I.

Another thing to think about. How much more similar would the Democratic and Republican parties be if not for religion?

pspstatus
07-29-2012, 10:42 PM

Are we supposed to feel bad for them? No matter the ridiculous prices people are paying for their gas they can take heart in knowing that the oil companies will continue to post record profits.

Taxes can definitely be too high but how much should we pay? What's fair to you? Should we have no tax system?

So what if someone is offended. People standing up against things that offend them is wrong? Just because someone is offended by something doesn't mean they are saying you can't say it. The problem is with the offenders because they never tell the offended to go scratch when their blowing things out of proportion. Apologizing validates this sort of behavior.

Boo! I have several guns and I enjoy shooting them. This statement is way too broad and untrue.

Do you mean meterologists? I find my weather channel to be fairly accurate. Climatologists on the other hand can use scientific data to predict the rate at which the ice caps are melting away. But it's funny how you trivialize something as serious as that. If you don't start driving a Prius!!! Haha LOLZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

The way you say this it's like you believe democrats have giant parties where they dance around aborted fetuses praising Lucifer like demonic savages. I think we just believe that a woman has a right to choose whether or not she will bring a life into the world. Also I'm all for the death penalty in appropriate situations. I find it funny though that the same people concerned about those babies are so willing to bring the axe down on others. While maybe they deserve it I thought it was judge not....and so forth. Don't your beliefs expressly forbid you to take it upon yourself to dole out that type of punishment?

No we should definitely let sick people die because they can't afford to pay for health care and weren't born in this country. There should be some reforms though because we do give too much. Your assertion that illegal aliens will get social security is just out and out false.

This statement is so ludicrous I don't even want to respond to it.

Say what?! Way too broad.

Actually you should care a little more about endangered species. They have every right to be here as everyone else. Not only that smart guy but if you're so concerned about who provides our oil maybe you can tell me why we actually EXPORT domestic oil rather than keep it for ourselves.

If we are the greatest most wonderful country in the world (we might be) how come we aren't the happiest?

For Ensbergcollector. Responses in bold.

duwal
07-30-2012, 12:54 AM
You know what's really sad???

The fact that EVERY republican conservative came in here and said absolutely NOTHING against this terrible rhetoric.

They know full well how insanely ridiculous this list is, but no one DARES speak out against their party, it is literally the definition of being sheep.

This country is DOOMED because there are MILLIONS upon MILLIONS who think just like the OP.

The U.S will continue being the most embarrassing and disgraceful First world country on this planet.

I'm a Republican and I'm sure like many other Republicans on here I don't even think its worth my time to respond or back up jessejames's outlandish posts

duwal
07-30-2012, 12:57 AM
I did vote Democratic in 2008 because I was snowed over by Obama's promise of getting rid of politics as usual. I really didn't follow politics before the 2008 election. My mind was quickly changed to be conservative, when Obama started handing out stimulus funds to reward his campaign donors. He has continued to disappoint since, as he is a true politician.

for me it has been the opposite where I voted for McCain in '08, was disappointed when Obama was elected but since has been pleased with Obama's work in office and will probably vote for him for a first time this time as I know in my gut that Mitt Romney will only bring down what has started to slowly rise up over the last few years

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Really? Not one? You know this for a fact?

I don't know it for a fact, but I have never heard of one. You made the allegation. You need to substantiate it.

Ask around yourself. I'm sure you'll find some answers. Of course, if you think a lack of evidence equates proof, it's in your best interest to remain ignorant.

You equate allegations to proof, except you don't even use facts upon which to base your allegations.

The very rich. You can call them the 1% or 2% but if you don't even know who the "very rich" are I question how you even found this website. Obviously deliberate obtuseness isn't an argument.

You can't even define who you are talking about. It's a simple question. You cannot use the term to define the term.

Do you vote Republican?

So voting Republican = defending the rich? What does voting Democrat = ?

See: Mitt Romney

How is he disconnected?

If you don't even know, how can you even attempt to elect someone to run it?

I know MY definition. I want to know yours.

Once again, and entire stream of response from you without an iota of factual support. We can take the questions one-by-one if that will make it easier for you to follow.

anglinomics
07-30-2012, 01:05 PM
There is a lot of generalizations in this thread. My views can be either conservative or liberal. It depends on the topic. So let's stick to the points being made here rather than name calling.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 01:12 PM
There is a lot of generalizations in this thread. My views can be either conservative or liberal. It depends on the topic. So let's stick to the points being made here rather than name calling.

I'm trying to get away from the generalizations and get specific about these topics, but as usual, the liberals aren't interested in any level of detail. I haven't seen any name-calling though.

anglinomics
07-30-2012, 01:19 PM
I will comment on one subject. The vilification of oil and gas companies. Why is no one concerned about the 40% profit margin of Microsoft? Doesn't carbon dioxide make plants grow? That's enough on this topic for me.

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Once again, and entire stream of response from you without an iota of factual support. We can take the questions one-by-one if that will make it easier for you to follow.

lol)Man, you got me. I don't have exact examples off the top of my head. I guess that means no one has money offshore. The fact you choose to "not know" (lol) who the top 1% are tells me you either don't pay any attention to the news. Frankly, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about but would rather go into ridiculous semantics because...well because it's easier.
And you're right, Mitt Romney knows exactly how the average American feels. He's not disconnected from the country at all. I mean, he has problemstoo. Last week his ivory backscratcher broke.

Save the semantics for somewhere else and have a real discussion for a change. Oh, and by the way, I've never seen you do anything but generalize and say, "LOL"

ensbergcollector
07-30-2012, 01:48 PM
lol)Man, you got me. I don't have exact examples off the top of my head. I guess that means no one has money offshore. The fact you choose to "not know" (lol) who the top 1% are tells me you either don't pay any attention to the news. Frankly, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about but would rather go into ridiculous semantics because...well because it's easier.
And you're right, Mitt Romney knows exactly how the average American feels. He's not disconnected from the country at all. I mean, he has problemstoo. Last week his ivory backscratcher broke.

Save the semantics for somewhere else and have a real discussion for a change. Oh, and by the way, I've never seen you do anything but generalize and say, "LOL"

can we all just admit that no politician knows how the average american feels? so because obama has less millions than romney he has a better grasp on the average american?

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
can we all just admit that no politician knows how the average american feels? so because obama has less millions than romney he has a better grasp on the average american?

No, but Obama at least grew up (in America, no less) middle class. He probably has memories of being an average American. What memories does Romney have?

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 03:59 PM

OK, let's get beyond the bickering and start with offshore money. Is it bad for a person to have money in an offshore bank account? If so, why?

ensbergcollector
07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
No, but Obama at least grew up (in America, no less) middle class. He probably has memories of being an average American. What memories does Romney have?

why is this only an issue when the republican candidate is richer? anytime a rich democrat runs, no one on the left seems to care. but if a republican candidate is rich it is a big deal all the sudden. not sure why that is.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 04:13 PM
why is this only an issue when the republican candidate is richer? anytime a rich democrat runs, no one on the left seems to care. but if a republican candidate is rich it is a big deal all the sudden. not sure why that is.

Yeah, I didn't hear them complaining about it with Edwards ($45MM), Hillary ($85MM), Gore ($100MM), or Kerry ($240MM). Romney is worth about $250MM. Obama is ONLY worth about $12MM. I am proud to say that I have a negative net worth.

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I didn't hear them complaining about it with Edwards ($45MM), Hillary ($85MM), Gore ($100MM), or Kerry ($240MM). Romney is worth about $250MM. Obama is ONLY worth about $12MM. I am proud to say that I have a negative net worth.

The republicans are for keep the tax shelters open that help the rich from paying their fair share of taxes. Them dems want to tax everyone freely. When it comes to paying taxes I say the hell with both parties and let's have a flat fair tax.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 04:20 PM
The republicans are for keep the tax shelters open that help the rich from paying their fair share of taxes.

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen "keeping tax shelters for rich people so that they don't have to pay their fair share" on anyone's platform. Do you simply mean extending the Bush tax cuts?

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry, but I haven't seen "keeping tax shelters for rich people so that they don't have to pay their fair share" on anyone's platform. Do you simply mean extending the Bush tax cuts?

Yeah otherwise called trickle down economics which has been proven to be an EPIC failure.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah otherwise called trickle down economics which has been proven to be a failure.

Who has proven it to be a failure?

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 04:45 PM

America

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 04:46 PM

Our economy.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Our economy.

When? Now?

tpeichel
07-30-2012, 05:06 PM
The republicans are for keep the tax shelters open that help the rich from paying their fair share of taxes.

Why didn't Obama shut down these tax loopholes when he had a filibuster proof majority?

jessejordan419
07-30-2012, 07:11 PM

Thank you for once again proving my point. Liberals are not capable of debate. When someone disagrees with them, they can only label, hate, and namecall.

I truely hate no homo, and I am not their judge. I actually love them, which is why I hope they turn from their ways, which will sentence them to eternal seperation from God. They cannot come to Christ in their sin, any more than an adulterer or a fornicatior(shacking up) can, lest he/she repent and turn from their constant sinful life.

All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. All are sinners, but partaking in a sinful lifestyle must be stopped before one can receive salvation. This is different from sinning here and there, this is a constant state of sin that one must be turned from.

jessejordan419
07-30-2012, 07:17 PM
The republicans are for keep the tax shelters open that help the rich from paying their fair share of taxes. Them dems want to tax everyone freely. When it comes to paying taxes I say the hell with both parties and let's have a flat fair tax.

This is a lie. Liberals seek to punish the rich by forcing a much higher rate onto them. The rich will always pay more, even at the same rate as everyone else. But liberals want to punish those they hate, and deny they hate by accusing consevatives as the haters.

GE hides income offshore and paid no income tax in2011, because they own NBC, are huge obama donators, and they get away with it. Liberals cannot seem to grasp the fact that the same major corporations they say are "in the pocket of republicans" give roughly the same contributions as they do to democrats. obama is in the pocket of big oil and wall street, in fact more so than republicans. But liberals would rather label and name call than have to face the facts.

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Thank you for once again proving my point. Liberals are not capable of debate. When someone disagrees with them, they can only label, hate, and namecall.
Umm, the whole point is that
A - It was a decision made by the Greek Olympic Committee, not the Greek government.
B - As Americans you have no right to use this for your own political rhetoric. If you don't like it, don't move to Greece. Pretty easy.
C - This had just as much to do with her disrespecting the team by making these statements than it did with offending anyone. If you want to be mad, be mad at the media. It has nothing to do with you, your country or your government. The fact so many are trying to use this as a reason people shouldn't vote for Obama is sickening.

I truely hate no homo, and I am not their judge. I actually love them, which is why I hope they turn from their ways, which will sentence them to eternal seperation from God. They cannot come to Christ in their sin, any more than an adulterer or a fornicatior(shacking up) can, lest he/she repent and turn from their constant sinful life.
If this is true, and I have my doubts, then good for you. But MadMan is right. As much as the CEO of Chik-Fil-A has the right to say whatever he wants, everyone else has the right to comment, take action and protest against those comments and that person. As much as you think this is the liberals' way of killing freedom of speech, you're trying to do the exact same thing to them.

All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. All are sinners, but partaking in a sinful lifestyle must be stopped before one can receive salvation. This is different from sinning here and there, this is a constant state of sin that one must be turned from.
So is self-righteousness and pride, which I think you have in spades. Knowing the majority of who posts here, you didn't need to clarify what fornication is. But were you just so prideful that you couldn't imagine others around here actually knowing what a (misspelled) 4 syllable word means? Come on man, you have to start giving people credit and stop thinking you know them. I can't even count how many times you've tried to tell me something about myself that is 100% false, I can only imagine how many of your other claims came from the same place those ideas of me came from, that being your own fertile imagination.

You don't know me, you don't know any of us.

jessejordan419
07-30-2012, 09:12 PM
You must be referring to someone else or another thread. I have not said one thing about the Olympics. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Really? Care to elaborate on that? Or just the usually slander, assumptions,...

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
You have done nothing but make false accusations, assumptions, and outright slander against me. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

I hope you didn't just type that with a straight face. That's what you've done to me from the beginning.

jessejordan419
07-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope you didn't just type that with a straight face. That's what you've done to me from the beginning.

Please, continue to deflect.

shrewsbury
07-30-2012, 11:20 PM
jesse, pm sent

Kosmo kards
07-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I don't understand why people have gotten so stupid over the past decade about politics. I just don't get it. Both parties are just pathetic right now. I mean who do you even vote for? I do agree with the original poster about all the wining about the enviroment, it's just getting old, but of course some of the original posters comments are over the top.

Democrats need to get an idenity, they are clueless right now, you can knock conservatives all you want but they stick to their guns and it works (most of the time.)

Big government is not the answer, but neither is getting rid of the government and letting big business make more money and cut more jobs so a few can get richer. You would think that by now people realize that big business and big government are not our friend, but one party is all about big govenment and the other is about the rich getting richer and the huge myth that if you work hard you will get rich.

My issue with the republican party is the manipulation of religion. Anyone who thinks god's will is pure capitalism, selfishness and excess IS A COMPLETE MORON!!!!!!! Anyone in this country has the right to believe in god, but god really needs to be kept out of our financial policy.

I want to know who people plan on voting for and why (Obama or Romney).

pspstatus
07-31-2012, 12:28 AM
First I want to say that I don't hold a person's religious beliefs against them. That being said the words above and in one of your previous comments about &quot;homos&quot; does drip with self-righteousness....

pspstatus
07-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't understand why people have gotten so stupid over the past decade about politics. I just don't get it. Both parties are just pathetic right now. I mean who do you even vote for? I do agree with the original poster about all the wining about the enviroment, it's just getting old, but of course some of the original posters comments are over the top.

Democrats need to get an idenity, they are clueless right now, you can knock conservatives all you want but they stick to their guns and it works (most of the time.)

Big government is not the answer, but neither is getting rid of the government and letting big business make more money and cut more jobs so a few can get richer. You would think that by now people realize that big business and big government are not our friend, but one party is all about big govenment and the other is about the rich getting richer and the huge myth that if you work hard you will get rich.

My issue with the republican party is the manipulation of religion. Anyone who thinks god's will is pure capitalism, selfishness and excess IS A COMPLETE MORON!!!!!!! Anyone in this country has the right to believe in god, but god really needs to be kept out of our financial policy.

Very good post! Instead of fighting against each other it would be great if people would realize we aren't each others enemies. Neither side cares about us. They manipulate us into fighting their battles. THEY succeed by keeping us divided.

Kosmo kards
07-31-2012, 12:41 AM
What you said is very true plus most of the people in congress are ex-lawyers and they care more about winning an argument than actually accomplishing anything for the greater good.

mrveggieman
07-31-2012, 09:37 AM

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

pghin08
07-31-2012, 10:56 AM

In love with this post.