PDA

View Full Version : Romney Blames Obama For Arab Spring

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07/27/romney-blames-obama-for-arab-spring/

July canít end fast enough for Mitt Romney. Between the Obama campaignís relentless barrage of negative ads about his mysterious involvement at Bain Capital and his refusal to release more of his tax returns, to the comments he made in London concerning Englandís preparedness for the Olympics, if ever there was a guy who needed a reset button more itís dear old Mittens.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't see the problem with what he said. It sounds accurate to me.

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't see the problem with what he said. It sounds accurate to me.
Thank you for making me chuckle on the this Sunday Morning!

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Thank you for making me chuckle on the this Sunday Morning!

Please explain what's wrong about what he said.

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Why? prove your point correct...

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 11:26 AM
“President Bush urged Hosni Mubarak to move toward a more democratic posture, but President Obama abandoned the freedom agenda and we are seeing today a whirlwind of tumult in the Middle East in part because these nations did not embrace the reforms that could have changed the course of their history, in a more peaceful manner.”

Bush was trying to get Mubarak to institute a more democratic rule while maintaining order. The overthrow of Mubarak, encouraged by Obama, has led to complete chaos in Egypt and the rest of the middle east. Even the status quo, which was not good, was still better than what has occurred as a result of Mubarak's overthrow, especially for Israel.

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Bush's Plan failed and was setup to fail. Obama has taken another course but to say he abandon Freedom? In the small mind of Romney would anyone think or even say that.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Bush's Plan failed and was setup to fail. Obama has taken another course but to say he abandon Freedom? In the small mind of Romney would anyone think or even say that.

How had it failed? I'm pretty sure that Mubarak was happy keeping the capital of Egypt in Cairo, unlike his successor, who wants it in Jerusalem.

gladdyontherise
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Romney blames Obama, (some) republicans blame Obama, (some) democrats blame Bush for everything, can't get mad at Romney when this always happens

(and I didn't like Bush, don't like Obama and am neutral at this point for Romney so I don't have an agenda)

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Romney's just pandering to the "I hate Obama because he's Obama" crowd. It's sad and pathetic, but hey, that's Romney.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Romney's just pandering to the "I hate Obama because he's Obama" crowd. It's sad and pathetic, but hey, that's Romney.

Ah yes. Israeli newspapers are the first place I would go to "pander" to the American electorate.

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Ah yes. Israeli newspapers are the first place I would go to "pander" to the American electorate.

Right, because comments like this never get back to the US...wait...

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Right, because comments like this never get back to the US...wait...

I would estimate that practically nobody state side will hear about these comments, because they aren't a big enough deal for the MSM to make a fuss over.

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I would estimate that practically nobody state side will hear about these comments, because they aren't a big enough deal for the MSM to make a fuss over.

So this article doesn`t exist and you didn`t read it then.

Okay...

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:45 PM
So this article doesn`t exist and you didn`t read it then.

Okay...

Let me know when it hits the mainstream press...

MadMan1978
07-29-2012, 02:52 PM
This Speech was such a waste of real time on the floor of the House of Reps. The Tea baggers sent these Reps to Washington to make change and they have DONE NOTHING but stop real progress from happening. HOW MANY JOB bills have been voted on in the House? and then you say Obama is unwilling to compromise ? real work both BOTH sides of the table needs to be done. Ego needs to be set aside and yes the party labels need to be set aside for real answer to the real problems we are going to face. The election this year will be one of the most important elections in the last 50 years in my opinion. However, I do so fear the outcome.

AUTaxMan
07-29-2012, 02:59 PM
This Speech was such a waste of real time on the floor of the House of Reps. The Tea baggers sent these Reps to Washington to make change and they have DONE NOTHING but stop real progress from happening. HOW MANY JOB bills have been voted on in the House? and then you say Obama is unwilling to compromise ? real work both BOTH sides of the table needs to be done. Ego needs to be set aside and yes the party labels need to be set aside for real answer to the real problems we are going to face. The election this year will be one of the most important elections in the last 50 years in my opinion. However, I do so fear the outcome.

What is a jobs bill? What is progress, and how has it been stopped? We all know the Senate controls whether any bill is passed by Congress. How many bills has Harry Reid allowed republicans to amend in the Senate? How many republican bills have been allowed to come tot he Senate floor for a vote? I agree that the election is important, but why do you fear the outcome?

JustAlex
07-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Um....isn't the "I hate Obama because he's obama" the majority of the Republican crowd anyways?

Seriously, this is the party that is fed tons of misinformation and lies by Fox News and idiots like Rush, they're so simple minded and LOVE to hear this type of garbage!

Wickabee
07-29-2012, 05:19 PM
What is a jobs bill? What is progress, and how has it been stopped? We all know the Senate controls whether any bill is passed by Congress. How many bills has Harry Reid allowed republicans to amend in the Senate? How many republican bills have been allowed to come tot he Senate floor for a vote? I agree that the election is important, but why do you fear the outcome?

I love it:

"Obama has done nothing for jobs in this country!"
"Republicans have blocked all jobs bill!"
"Define 'jobs bill'."

"Obama has done nothing to progress this country!"
"Republicans have blocked all progress!"
"Define 'progress'."

I expect this from Limbaugh, not you.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 11:36 AM
I love it:

"Obama has done nothing for jobs in this country!"
"Republicans have blocked all jobs bill!"
"Define 'jobs bill'."

"Obama has done nothing to progress this country!"
"Republicans have blocked all progress!"
"Define 'progress'."

I expect this from Limbaugh, not you.

When you are making an argument, you need to use precisely defined terms to get your point across. If I don't know what he means, how can I argue with him?

*censored*
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
When you are making an argument, you need to use precisely defined terms to get your point across. If I don't know what he means, how can I argue with him?

If your definition of "Turkey" is "large North American flightless bird," mine is "country in Eurasia whose capital is Ankara," Wickabee's is "the sliced white meat on my sandwich for lunch yesterday," and veggie's is "Sean Hannity," technically we're all correct. Your Turkey is not my Turkey is not Wickabee's Turkey is not veggie's Turkey.

Simply, you use your own definitions of those terms and if the person disagrees with the definition, they'll let you know. But they should give their own definition as well, and not just ask for your definitions. So if you want to ask for Wickabee's definitions, then give us your own too.

While we're at it, I'd like to request that everyone please give me precise definitions for "conservative," "liberal," "Republican," Democrat," "blames," "Arab Spring," "passed," "allowed," "the," "is," "for," "tax," "censored," and "antediluvian." I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 12:52 PM
If your definition of "Turkey" is "large North American flightless bird," mine is "country in Eurasia whose capital is Ankara," Wickabee's is "the sliced white meat on my sandwich for lunch yesterday," and veggie's is "Sean Hannity," technically we're all correct. Your Turkey is not my Turkey is not Wickabee's Turkey is not veggie's Turkey.

Simply, you use your own definitions of those terms and if the person disagrees with the definition, they'll let you know. But they should give their own definition as well, and not just ask for your definitions. So if you want to ask for Wickabee's definitions, then give us your own too.

While we're at it, I'd like to request that everyone please give me precise definitions for "conservative," "liberal," "Republican," Democrat," "blames," "Arab Spring," "passed," "allowed," "the," "is," "for," "tax," "censored," and "antediluvian." I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here.

Your point is well-made, but it still doesn't solve my problem. If you make a statement and I ask you to clarify so that I can formulate a response, you should be able to do so. Otherwise we have discussions like this:

"The rich need to pay their fair share!"

"They already do pay their fair share. The top 1% of income earners pay 80+% of the nation's income taxes."

"But they still need to pay their fair share and stop being overseas-hiding, loophole-using tax cheats."

"I've just shown you that they pay their fair share. How do you know that they are tax cheats? Isn't a tax cheat someone who isn't paying taxes that they are legally obligated to pay? What loopholes do they use?"

"They just are. It doesn't matter which ones they use, we all know they use them. Isn't it obvious?"

"No. Please elaborate."

"This board sucks."

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Your point is well-made, but it still doesn't solve my problem. If you make a statement and I ask you to clarify so that I can formulate a response, you should be able to do so. Otherwise we have discussions like this:

"The rich need to pay their fair share!"

"They already do pay their fair share. The top 1% of income earners pay 80+% of the nation's income taxes."

"But they still need to pay their fair share and stop being overseas-hiding, loophole-using tax cheats."

"I've just shown you that they pay their fair share. How do you know that they are tax cheats? Isn't a tax cheat someone who isn't paying taxes that they are legally obligated to pay? What loopholes do they use?"

"They just are. It doesn't matter which ones they use, we all know they use them. Isn't it obvious?"

"No. Please elaborate."

"This board sucks."

AUT, the problem is, no matter how much someone clarifies, you still ask for further clarification. When someone can't clarify to your impossible standards you take that as proof the other guy is wrong. If you truly don't understand everything you say you don't, I have to wonder if you can even read.

The people who are captured in semantics are the reason nothing can get done.

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
AUT, the problem is, no matter how much someone clarifies, you still ask for further clarification. When someone can't clarify to your impossible standards you take that as proof the other guy is wrong. If you truly don't understand everything you say you don't, I have to wonder if you can even read.

The people who are captured in semantics are the reason nothing can get done.

That's not exactly true. My standards are not impossible, and if we want to have a real discussion about politics around here, we need to get beyond generalizations, clarify our assumptions, and get into specific facts.

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 04:52 PM
That's not exactly true. My standards are not impossible, and if we want to have a real discussion about politics around here, we need to get beyond generalizations, clarify our assumptions, and get into specific facts.

Well and good so long as you stop looking for specific examples of what you know to be true but don't want to admit.