PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Buffoonery

mikesilvia
07-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Few companies get me more annoyed than PayPal.

I have a primary and a secondary bank account with them. Like most people, I have more money in my primary than my secondary account.

PayPal, in their infinite wisdom, decided to start pulling from my secondary account because my primary debit card on file expires on 1 August. They started to process almost all of last week's transactions on the secondary account. I logged into PayPal several times and ZERO notification. If was a nice surprises to get hit with bank fees and get a phone call that the secondary account now has a negative balance.

The customer service rep told me they move to the secondary bank account a week or so out before the debit card expires. So, I can walk into any business on the planet and use this debit card, but PayPal decides your card expires a week before it expires and doesn't feel a need to notify you when you log in.

I'm always amazed that companies that take so much money from you (like mortgage companies, PayPal, etc) never feel they have to contact you for any reason. They just let customer service deal with the headaches.

Any good alternatives to PayPal?

andrewhoya
07-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Any good alternatives to PayPal?
Get Luc to code something up :):

mikesilvia
07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Talked some more to Payal. Some funny discussions.

Me: "I've been using you guys for 6 or more years. Do you think you should notify me when you guys are going to take $900 from a back up account?"

PayPal: "We did we send you an e-mail on 7 July that your card was expiring. For instant transfer we have to use your card."

Me: "You realize that there are other forms of communications? Like updating your website so when I log in I get a notice? Phone call? Letter?"

PayPal: "We are an internet company so we don't make phone calls."

Me: "Go Daddy calls me a few times a year."

PayPal: "We are not Godaddy."

Me. "Obviously. Just a question. Is your website on the internet?"

PayPal: "Yes."

Me: "Since 99.9% of your communication is on your website, couldn't you have notified me when I logged into paypal.com? I log in almost daily and e-mail goes into spam folders. Like, "Hey we are going to your alternate back account. Update your back up card."

PayPal: "Good day sir."

Rybowski
07-29-2012, 09:54 PM
What a joke on the way PayPal handled that.

andrewhoya
07-29-2012, 10:18 PM
I have gotten a call from PayPal before for my student account.

*censored*
07-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Solution: Don't use Paypal. Simple as that. I don't use it except for sending an occasional payment on something I've bought.