PDA

View Full Version : Please read! step up against the use of gas chambers on dogs!

MadMan1978
07-30-2012, 10:04 AM
http://www.aspca.org/Pressroom/press-releases/072312

I know we disagree on many things and we have a different thinking, but I ask that you call or write or even email you your Congressman and Senator to urge them to vote YES on this bill!

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 10:43 AM
At first I thought this was about condomend killers but when I read that animals were suffering a slow painful death I stand in agreement with you on this mr madman.

MadMan1978
07-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Human Killers if Convicted should given the needle

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Human Killers if Convicted should given the needle

If you are talking about being stabbed in sensitive places with needles then I am all for it. :thumb:

MadMan1978
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/417437_345563308857252_237465827_n.jpg

Look at what gas is doing or lack of action in your state...

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Im glad to hear that the state that I currently reside in (georgia) has a bill to ban gassing animals.

MadMan1978
07-30-2012, 08:13 PM
all these views and nothing expect you and I?

MadMan1978
07-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Mass has just passed a bill that would ban the use of the gas cambers on shelter animals and it is on the Governors desk for him to sign. Good thing the house and Senate will be adjourned tomorrow for the year.

duane1969
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Quite frankly, I find the euthanization of any cat or dog to be troubling, regardless of the manner.

With that said, they use carbon monoxide which is a tasteless, odorless gas that just makes them go to sleep and never wake up. I don't understand how this could be a painful. Stressful to the animal? Yes. But strapping a dog to a table, shaving a part of his body and injecting him would have to be stressful too. I am not advocating gassing, just not sure how one form of death is more desirable than another.

duwal
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Quite frankly, I find the euthanization of any cat or dog to be troubling, regardless of the manner.

With that said, they use carbon monoxide which is a tasteless, odorless gas that just makes them go to sleep and never wake up. I don't understand how this could be a painful. Stressful to the animal? Yes. But strapping a dog to a table, shaving a part of his body and injecting him would have to be stressful too. I am not advocating gassing, just not sure how one form of death is more desirable than another.

yeah its not like they are using the Michael Vick handbook of ending a dogs life. But like duane said is it really THAT more humane to have your pet held down and strapped to a table and then stuck with a needle over putting them in a room where they just get really tired and fall asleep?

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Update:
Mass has passed and the Gov has signed the Bill here!
Makes 30 States that still will use these means.

Ohio is up next!

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Why stop it?

first try breathing the gas yourself
Second, It does not always work...

Daniel, in West Virgina, Survived being gassed. The Worker adopted the dog. Another case that I heard a of Cat survived being passed twice!

I actually cannot believe i have to even somewhat say that this should not go on and it should not continue.

Note. I love my 4 pawed friends. but I am not for pEta. They were no better. Reports and rumors surfaced that they bought large walk in freezers to eliminate stray dogs in NYC.

Edit -I asked the people who are spear heading this casue
and this was there response.

Michael its surprising to me that many people think this way - they compare gassing to when there is a carbon monoxide leak & people die .. they do basically go to sleep. The difference is that is a leak a chamber is flooded with a high concentration of the gas & it burns there throat & chest & makes lesions on the skin explode. I find the best way to put their argument to rest is to show them the picture of the inside of a gas chamber with scratches & claw marks on the steel walls & blood on the floor. It is evident that nothing peaceful went on inside! Also animals are not strapped to a table they are held in the arms of a shelter worker & injected the process is over in seconds. A gas chamber takes up to 40 mins to kill the animals inside & some even survive only to go through it again!

Good Ole Jim
08-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I find it ridiculous that gas chambers were even considered in the first place. I remember the outrage back in 2008 when North Carolina passed a bill allowing the practice. As far as North Dakota law for myself, I believe it is still legal to do, though I can safely say that no shelter uses gas. They all use injection.

The people that allow this to happen have obviously never had a dog before.

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Daune you should know West Virgina has banned the practice, however they have grandfathered all operating gas chambers to operate until they wear out....