PDA

View Full Version : President Obama projected to win the elctoral votes, winning the election

mrveggieman
07-30-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.electionprojection.com/2012elections/president12.php

AUTaxMan
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
You will see lots of these polls going both ways over the next three months. I wouldn't put much stock in any of them.

Wickabee
07-30-2012, 01:32 PM
You will see lots of these polls going both ways over the next three months. I wouldn't put much stock in any of them.

Truth.

pwaldo
07-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Was there ever a time when he wasn't projected to win? Even the best electoral projection for Romney has had him with not enough to win. You need 270 to win and I think the highest Romney ever toyed with was 240 with a bunch of toss ups.

JustAlex
07-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Finally something political we can agree with.

I gotta say though, I like that website, I'm going to save it and refer to it in the coming months.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Check out this latest projection. Again I know that it is only a projection but it is fun to preview. It's kind of looking like a mock nfl or nba draft.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-leads-romney-three-battleground-states-poll-shows-103942709.html

pghin08
08-01-2012, 11:34 AM
These polls are definitely fun to monitor. I think that we're going to have an unbelievably close race, maybe even something akin to 2000, where one may win the popular vote, but the other will win the electoral vote.

Speaking of, can we just get rid of the electoral votes already? It's a pretty archaic system.

JustAlex
08-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Speaking of, can we just get rid of the electoral votes already? It's a pretty archaic system.
It's an absolutely terrible, good-for-nothing system that is the MAIN reason (IMO) why voter turnout is so low.

Think about it.....If you live in a Heavily Red or Blue state, what reason do you have to vote??

NONE!

Your vote literally does NOT matter!

If it wasn't for the electoral system we would not have gone through 8 years of hell with Bush II.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
It's an absolutely terrible, good-for-nothing system that is the MAIN reason (IMO) why voter turnout is so low.

Think about it.....If you live in a Heavily Red or Blue state, what reason do you have to vote??

NONE!

If it wasn't for the electoral system we would not have gone through 8 years of hell with Bush II.

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

Wickabee
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I love how Americans treat their politics like a sport. Sure makes it more fun.

pghin08
08-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I love how Americans treat their politics like a sport. Sure makes it more fun.

Americans are very good at 2 things:

1. Hype
2. Eating fast food, and then selling people weight loss products.

ALADOG
08-01-2012, 12:55 PM

NONE!

So oyu obviously prefer a system wherein the 5-7 most populated states can run the country. The popular vote can be won by catering to the east and west coasts plus Texas and Florida. only. Our system preserves the small states validity now. Democrats prefer this as there are many block democrat voters in these areas. Including blacks, unions, NOW and uneducated inner city inhabitants. The founding fathers discussed this in their deliberations regarding the electoral college.

cbuskstwar
08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I think we should just all stay home then and dont bother voting.

My conservative friends please disregard the above statement.

pghin08
08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
So oyu obviously prefer a system wherein the 5-7 most populated states can run the country. The popular vote can be won by catering to the east and west coasts plus Texas and Florida. only. Our system preserves the small states validity now. Democrats prefer this as there are many block democrat voters in these areas. Including blacks, unions, NOW and uneducated inner city inhabitants. The founding fathers discussed this in their deliberations regarding the electoral college.

But it was also used on the basis of a relatively uninformed public. Which we don't have anymore. A vote in Rhode Island is the same as a vote in California.

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
But it was also used on the basis of a relatively uninformed public. Which we don't have anymore. A vote in Rhode Island is the same as a vote in California.

No, now most of them are just misinformed. lol

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
My conservative friends should just all stay home then and dont bother voting.

I fixed that one for you buddy. :thumb:

ALADOG
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Not true. The coasts can run the country in a popular vote election. You also fail to address the block democrat votes on the coasts.

pghin08
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Not true. The coasts can run the country in a popular vote election. You also fail to address the block democrat votes on the coasts.

But if the coasts actually ran the country (I think we can all agree that the coasts are predominately democrat), then wouldn't every democrat win the popular vote?

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Ohio rules, and more than likely is because I live here.

I can say as a very small, very liberal town, the buzz for Obama is not as high as it was before, but we will see.

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Ohio rules, and more than likely is because I live here.

I can say as a very small, very liberal town, the buzz for Obama is not as high as it was before, but we will see.

Yeah Jay, but he's not shiny and new anymore. That as much as anything would kill the buzz.

Wickabee
08-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Could be worse. In Canada the election is decided before everyone has even voted. The reason? Most of our population is in the east. I go out, I vote, I go straight home and see who's won before my vote could possibly have been counted, provided I vote late enough in the day.

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM

The public is still largely uninformed. Ignorant is probably a more accurate term.