PDA

View Full Version : The War of Gog and Magog is at hand.

jessejordan419
07-31-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/claim-u-s-forces-on-syrian-border/

Thanks to your commander of islamic nations in chief, obama, we now have the threat of WWIII at the door. I call obama the commander of islamic nations because these are his accomplishments:
-Remove secular dictator from Egypt and replace with the muslim brotherhood
-Remove secular dictator from Libya and replace with the muslim brotherhood
-Actively working with islamic theocracy running Turkey, using Turkey as staging point for war with Syria
-Attempting to remove secular dictator from Syria and replace with the muslim brotherhood

Syria is to Russia what Israel is to America, roughly speaking. China is the backing behind iran's nuclear weapons program, and will come to iran's aid. Russia will obviously come to Syria's aid, as well as iran's. What caused WWI? All the treaties that locked the different European nations in their alliances to certain other nations. What is happening now? Different alliances locking the nations of the world in their alliances to the countries directly affected by the coming land war in Syria.

Zechariah 12:2
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

This coming immediate war may not be the actual war of Gog and Magog, but the precursor to this war. iran will come to Syria's aid. iran may be the hook in the jaw that causes Russia to march on Jerusalem with the coalition of nations.

But:
Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. 2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts.

Damascus is the oldest continual city. This has not happened yet, and appears that this is quite possible with current events developing.

The War of Gog and Magog:

Ezekiel 38:1-6 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince(literally "the prince of Rosh") of Meshech and Tubal: 4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Magog - son of Japheth, son of Noah. Josephus, the Jewish historian, says that the descendants of Magog were “by the Greeks called Scythians” (Ant. i.6.1). According to the Encyclopedia Britannica (1957) and The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, the Scythian people lived to the north of the Black Sea and north of the Caucasus Mountains. This area today is part of Russia.

Rosh - some Bible scholars, such as Gesenius, believe that the modern name of “Russia” is derived from this ancient place name “Rosh,” because of the similarity of sounds, and also because certain Greek writers of the 10th century (A.D.) described people living in the area later called Russia by the word “Rōs.” Other Bible students take the position of Old Testament scholar Merrill F. Unger who says that the word Russia was not derived from Rosh, “although the general area was that now occupied by Russia and Turkey.”

Meshech - was another son of Japheth (Genesis 10:2). The descendants of this man lived for centuries in Asia Minor (probably in Cappadocia), and later were pushed northward by their enemies into the mountainous area southeast of the Black Sea. Today this area borders on Russia

Tubal - was another son of Japheth (Genesis 10:2). The descendants of this man also lived in Asia Minor, not far from the Black Sea. The descendants of Tubal and Meshech probably lived close to each other, because in the Scriptures the two names are almost always found together

Persia - Modern day iran. Will definately come to war against those who war against syria.

Ethiopia - Do not confuse this with modern day Ethiopia. The Ethiopia described by Ezekiel was located directly south of Egypt and would correspond to the modern country of Sudan. Israel has been very supportive of South Sudan against the tyranny of Sudan.

Libya - Thanks to obama, now a muslim theocracy run by the muslim brotherhood.

Gomer and Togarmah - These ancient names found their location in what today is the country of Turkey. In recent years, Turkey had a secular government, but most recently have installed an islamic theocracy.

Ezekiel 38:7 “ Be prepared, and prepare yourself, you and all your companies that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. 8 After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many [f]nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste(Israel was re-born in 1948 out of the waste of desert it was); but [g]its people were brought out from the [h]nations(the returning of Jews to Israel from the nations of the world), and they are living securely(Israel is secure in thinking it can repel the attack from the many nations surrounding her that wish to destroy her), all of them. 9 You will go up, you will come like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your troops, and many peoples with you.” 10 ‘Thus says the Lord God, “It will come about on that day, that [i]thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan, 11 and you will say, ‘I will go up against the land of [j] unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates,

12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Sheba and Dedan - Arabia

The merchants of Tarshish and the Young Lions thereof - Tarshish was a son of Javan, who had settled the area of Southern Greece after the confusion of languages. There are three schools of thought where Tarshish is concerned. One locates Tarshish to the East, accessible from Solomon’s great seaport at Ezion Geber on the Red Sea. Since Javan and his family traveled north and west from Babel at the confusion of tongues, it seems unlikely. Large sea going vessels were often nicknamed “Ships of Tarshish” and more likely this is how Tarshish came to be linked with Ezion Geber, since both Solomon and Hezekiah built such vessels there.

Others see this as a reference to ancient Tartessus, a seaport in southern Spain, near Gibraltar. Still others recall the sea going navies of the Phoenicians, who operated out of nearby Cadiz. The Phoenicians sailed as far north as England for tin, a metal used in the making of bronze and other alloys, which they mined in Cornwall, and which leads some to connect Tarshish with England. It may be that the name Britannia is actually derived from a Phoenician word meaning “source of tin.” If so, this reference could be to Great Britain making the “lions” (KJV) or “villages”(NIV) of Tarshish Great Britain’s colonies, of which the US is most prominent today. The fact that the lion is a symbol of the British Empire lends support to this view.

So these nations will be the watchers of this war. American's are war weary, and will not stand for another war because of Iraq and Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia is not yet run by the muslim brotherhood, and looks like it will stay that way for now.

14 “Therefore prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “On that day when My people Israel are living securely, will you not know it? 15 You will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly and a mighty army; 16 and you will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It shall come about in the last days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.”

17 ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Are you the one of whom I spoke in former days through My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in those days for many years that I would bring you against them? 18 It will come about on that day, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” declares the Lord God, “that My fury will mount up in My anger. 19 In My zeal and in My blazing wrath I declare that on that day there will surely be a great [m] earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all the creeping things that creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the face of the earth will shake at My presence; the mountains also will be thrown down, the steep pathways will [n]collapse and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will call for a sword against [o]him on all My mountains,” declares the Lord God. “ Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 With pestilence and with blood I will enter into judgment with him; and I will rain on him and on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, [p]a torrential rain, with hailstones, fire and brimstone. 23 I will magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the Lord.”’

It will be obvious that God will be the cause of the victory, just as God reduced the army of Gideon down to 300. The Glory will be God's, not man's.

Wickabee
07-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Syria is to Russia what Israel is to America, roughly speaking. China is the backing behind iran's nuclear weapons program, and will come to iran's aid. Russia will obviously come to Syria's aid, as well as iran's. What caused WWI? All the treaties that locked the different European nations in their alliances to certain other nations. What is happening now? Different alliances locking the nations of the world in their alliances to the countries directly affected by the coming land war in Syria.
You know, I've been looking at how different nations seem to be positioning themselves and I have to say, comparing right now to just before WWI is actually pretty apt. I'm not going to say it is or isn't going to end in another World War, but the way the nations of the earth are all slowly picking sides is almost eerie.