PDA

View Full Version : The Doctrines of Mormonism

jessejordan419
07-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Let me start by saying it is not my intent to belittle anyone's Faith. I only seek Truth. I seek not to judge individuals, that is for God. I have no way of knowing who is saved and who is not. ...

jessejordan419
08-14-2012, 03:44 PM
John 16:10-20 (KJV)
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more

Jesus did not go to America, He went to the Father.

Luke 16:16 (KJV)
16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

John Smith could not be a prophet, the last prophet was John the Baptist. The last Revelation and Holy Spirit inspired word of God on the kingdom of God was given to John the Revelator at Patmos.

Upon the same passage, mohammed cannot be a prophet either. He twisted Scripture from the OT and NT, and add his own concoctions as well. There was no more Law either, so Islamic law fails the test as the Word of God.

The kingdom of God dwells in every Believer through Christ. When we share Christ, we share the kingdom of God.

Luke 17:22-23 (KJV)

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come , when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

Jesus did not come to America after Pentacost, and He tells His disciples not to look for him there. Followers of Christ are to look for Christ in His Word, in the Spirit, and in fellowship with the Father; as well as in the other ways He may speak to you through circumstance, through others, or in the other ways you know it is His voice: My sheep know My voice.

Wickabee
08-14-2012, 04:33 PM
So...you won't be voting for Romney?

JustAlex
08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
LOL, exactly.

It would be hypocritical for you to vote for a "false religion" like Mormonism and reject the "true" christian like Obama.

royer33455
08-14-2012, 05:17 PM
You need to go to lds.org or mormon.org thats where you get the truth. By there fruits you shall know them. I served a Mission that was the best two years of my lifw.

Eric Royer

jessejordan419
08-14-2012, 10:16 PM

Cute. But my not voting for romney has absolutely zero to do with his religion, same goes for my not voting for obama.

jessejordan419
08-14-2012, 10:21 PM
You need to go to lds.org or mormon.org thats where you get the truth. By there fruits you shall know them. I served a Mission that was the best two years of my lifw.

Eric Royer

Yes, but using this Scripture, the same could be said for anyone who does good works. Yes, they use the King James Bible, but the elevate the book of mormon to the same level. Mormon occult, or hidden knowledge, only is given to members, where you find out who Jesus "truely" is. If you read my first post, it lists exactly who the lds's mormon Jesus is, and it is not the same Jesus of the Bible.

Yes, Jesus said those who are not against us are with us(when referring to others casting out demons in Jesus' name), but if the lds church says Jesus was a mortal man, born of a mortal mother and mortal father, had a brother lucifer, and you can become your own god in heaven, these are all contradictory to Scripture.

To elevate the doctrine of mormon to the same level as the Bible is to preach doctrines of demons.

jessejordan419
08-14-2012, 10:25 PM
If you would like to point out any errors, be my guest. I'm not going to the lds.com site, but I will gladly debate Scripture with you. Salvation is not earned through works, and you cannot become your own god in heaven.

I AM the Lord your God, thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Wickabee
08-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Cute. But my not voting for romney has absolutely zero to do with his religion, same goes for my not voting for obama.

Okay. Just trying to figure out why you're posting this.