PDA

View Full Version : sharia law

jessejordan419
08-01-2012, 12:00 AM
10. Women Are Men’s Property
The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 says: ""Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like""

We should have no doubt that the husband controls the sex life. If a woman does not want to have sex, then angels curse her.

hadith: . . . "If a man invites his wife to sleep with him and she refuses to come to him, then the angels send their curses on her till morning."

9. Husbands are a degree above their wives.

The Quran in Sura 2:228 says:
. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A’La Maududi, The Meaning of the Qur’an, vol. 1, p. 165)

Gender inequality shows up in a theological context. This hadith shows that the majority of the inhabitants of hell are women:
The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women."

Muhammad was also superstitious (see here for the evidence). This next hadith says that women are part of an evil omen:
I heard the Prophet saying. "Evil omen is in three things: The horse, the woman and the house."

5. Slave-girls are sexual property for their male owners.

The Quran in Sura 4:24 says:
And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands (as prisoners of war)

See also Suras 4:3; 23:5-6; 33:50; 70:22-30, all of which permit male slave-owners to have sex with their slave-girls. Suras 23:5-6 and 70:22-230 allow men to have sex with them in the Meccan period, during times of peace before Muhammad initiated his skirmishes and wars while being based in Medina.

The hadith demonstrate that Muslim jihadists actually have sex with the captured women, whether or not they are married. In the following hadith passage, Khumus is one-fifth of the spoils of war:
Ali, Muhammad’s cousin and son-in-law, just finished a relaxing bath. Why?
The Prophet sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (of the booty) and . . . Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave-girl from the Khumus).

What was Muhammad’s response to the person who hated Ali for this sexual act?
Do you hate Ali for this? . . . Don’t hate him, for he deserves more than that from [the] Khumus. (Bukhari )

This hadith shows that Muhammad was intimate with his slave-girls.

Moreover, jihadists may not practice coitus interruptus with the women they capture, but not for the reason that the reader may expect. While on a military campaign and away from their wives, Muslim jihadists "received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus." They asked the prophet about this, and it is important to note what he did not say. He did not scold them or prohibit any kind of sex whatsoever. Rather, he invokes the murky, quirky doctrine of fate:

It is better for you not to do so [practice coitus interruptus]. There is no person that is destined to exist, but will come to existence, till the Day of Resurrection. (Bukhari ; also go here and here )

That is, these enquiring Muslims should stop doing coitus interruptus, but instead go all the way with the enslaved sex objects. Fate controls who should be born.

It is one thing for some soldiers in any army to strike out on their own and rape women. All armies have criminal soldiers who commit this wrong act. But it is quite another to codify rape in a sacred text.

This article quotes the Quran and many hadith passages on sex with prisoners of war. It also analyzes modern Islamic scholars on the topic. They support this practice.

2. Husbands may hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives (quite apart from whether they actually are highhanded—as if domestic violence in any form is acceptable).

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:
4:34 . . . If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great. (Haleem, emphasis added)

The hadith says that Muslim women in the time of Muhammad were suffering from domestic violence in the context of confusing marriage laws:

Rifa’a divorced his wife whereupon ‘AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. ‘Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came, ‘Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" (Bukhari , emphasis added)

This hadith shows Muhammad hitting his girl-bride, Aisha, daughter of Abu Bakr, his right-hand Companion:

"He [Muhammad] struck me [Aisha] on the chest which caused me pain." (Muslim no. 2127 )

And last but not least.......

1. Mature men are allowed to marry prepubescent girls.

The Quran in Sura 65:1, 4 says:

65:1 O Prophet, when you (and the believers) divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed waiting-period and count the waiting-period accurately . . . 4 And if you are in doubt about those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, (you should know that) their waiting period is three months, and the same applies to those who have not menstruated as yet. As for pregnant women, their period ends when they have delivered their burden. (Maududi, vol. 5, pp. 599 and 617, emphasis added)

Maududi correctly interprets the plain meaning of verse 4, which appears in the context of divorce:

Therefore, making mention of the waiting-period for girls who have not yet menstruated, clearly proves that it is not only permissible to give away the girl at this age but it is permissible for the husband to consummate marriage with her. Now, obviously no Muslim has the right to forbid a thing which the Qur’an has held as permissible. (Maududi, vol. 5, p. 620, note 13, emphasis added)

Divorcing prepubescent girls implies marriage to them. So the fathers of prepubescent girls may give them away, and their new husbands may consummate their marriage with them. If Islam ever spread around the world, no one should be surprised if Quran-believing Muslims lowered the marriage age of girls to nine years old.

This is precisely what happened in Iran after the religious revolution of Ayatollah Khomeini. A girl’s marriage age was lowered to nine years.

Why should this surprise us? After all, Muhammad was betrothed to Aisha when she was six, and he consummated their union when she was only nine.

The hadith says:

. . . [T]hen he [Muhammad] wrote the marriage (wedding) contract with Aishah when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed [sic, consummated] that marriage when she was nine years old. (Bukhari ; since this is a serious issue, see the parallel hadith here , here , here , here , here , here , here , and here )

This hadith demonstrates that Muhammad pursued Aisha when she was a little girl.

Sharia law: In the process of replacing a Constitution near you.

JustAlex
08-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Jesse, should I post "Biblical Laws" so you can see how they are not any better than the ones you posted?

pspstatus
08-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Sharia law: In the process of replacing a Constitution near you.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Pretty soon we'll all be bowing and praying 5 times a day, marrying girls under 10, and growing super awesome beards. I for one can't wait!

Frantiic
08-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Jesse, should I post "Biblical Laws" so you can see how they are not any better than the ones you posted?

That would be great, compare the two. im sure the biblical laws are nasty aswell.

theonedru
08-01-2012, 03:31 AM
For hundreds of years in America if you were not a white male you were property.. Enough said

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 09:08 AM
The only difference between the Quran and the Bible is our western secular society progressed to a point of civility. Left to rule the world as they see fit, Christian leaders would be no better today in their attitudes towards woman then Muslims leaders are now.

Woman, minorities, the gblt community all have reasonable secular individuals to thank in supporting their causes.

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 09:35 AM
well, I never though I would be in this position. If any of you would like to post quotes from Jesus, in context, that are as bad as this please do. Don't put all us christians in the same basket. I think Islam oppresses women and children and I am not for that for any reason.

pspstatus, you may like your beard, but when your sisters and/or daughters are forced into marriage, become an abused, forced spouse and live as a slave, I would think you won't like it too much. when gays are arrested and beaten, you won't be so concerned about gay marriage or chick fil a.

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 09:37 AM
The only difference between the Quran and the Bible is our western secular society progressed to a point of civility.

No. Even a non-believer must admit that the central messages are much different. This is not my opinion. It is a fact.

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 09:38 AM
For hundreds of years in America if you were not a white male you were property.. Enough said

Women were never property in the USA.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Please do so our friend jessejordan can say oh those quotes were taken out of context and really don't mean what they say.

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
No. Even a non-believer must admit that the central messages are much different. This is not my opinion. It is a fact.

What central message is that? Enlighten me, because I thought the message was "Believe what we believe or be damned for all eternity".

ensbergcollector
08-01-2012, 10:24 AM
ok, lets compare all the majority christian countries that use levitical law as the basis for their laws and we can compare those to all the muslim run countries who use sharia law. should make for an interesting discussion.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 10:27 AM
find me 1 christian run country that imprisons and kills people who do not believe as they do and you can tell me christians are no different.

Try the country that you live in.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/con_camps.htm

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
habs, who message is that? and if that is all you take away from it, you may be missing some real important stuff.

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
It isn't ALL I take away from either religion. I was referring about the "central message" of both religions? If my assumption is wrong, what is the correct answer?

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The central message of Christianity is love.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Like all those loving christians who practice racism, anti-semitism, homophobia and islamophobia?

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 11:06 AM

I thought that love was the central message of hippies. Next you will tell me that the central message of Islam is hate. How convenient.

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
the central message of Islam is to convert all others to Islam, if you cannot, then they need to be killed.

the central message of Jesus is to accept all, love, and do not allow your earthly desires to control you.

and just because these arethe central ideas of these religions does not mean that is what people do.

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Like all those loving christians who practice racism, anti-semitism, homophobia and islamophobia?

Yes, all Christians are perfect. Just because there are those Christians who sin does not make them not Christian and does not make Christianity unloving.

ensbergcollector
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
i will write this again since i edited my original:

ok, lets compare all the majority christian countries that use levitical law as the basis for their laws and we can compare those to all the muslim run countries who use sharia law. should make for an interesting discussion.

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
the central message of Islam is to convert all others to Islam, if you cannot, then they need to be killed.

the central message of Jesus is to accept all, love, and do not allow your earthly desires to control you.

and just because these arethe central ideas of these religions does not mean that is what people do.

Jay, I don't think you have any idea what the "central message" of Islam is. I bet I could ask 100 Muslims to answer that question and not 1 would reply with what you wrote. Interesting to see that I live the "central message" of Jesus everyday of my life and I do not even believe in a God. I had no idea.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes, all Christians are perfect. Just because there are those Christians who sin does not make them not Christian and does not make Christianity unloving.

Right christians sometimes sin and need forgiveness but muslims are all blood thirsty savages hell bent on world domination. Thanks for clearing that one up for us. :thumb:

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Right christians sometimes sin and need forgiveness but muslims are all blood thirsty savages hell bent on world domination. Thanks for clearing that one up for us. :thumb:

I said NOTHING about Muslims in my post. Please stop putting words in my mouth. You do it all the time.

Wickabee
08-01-2012, 01:26 PM
The central point of BOTH religions is to convert as many people as possible. Everything else is peripherals.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 01:57 PM
The central point of BOTH religions is to convert as many people as possible. Everything else is peripherals.

Post of the day. :thumb:

pspstatus
08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=shrewsbury;11906568pspstatus, you may like your beard, but when your sisters and/or daughters are forced into marriage, become an abused, forced spouse and live as a slave, I would think you won't like it too much. when gays are arrested and beaten, you won't be so concerned about gay marriage or chick fil a.[/QUOTE]

It was a joke. I figured if he was going to write something absurd like sharia law will replace the constitution that I would write something silly too. Plus I already have a super awesome beard. Also I never cared about the chick fil a thing.

duwal
08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Women were never property in the USA.

someone should read up on their history books if they don't think that there were female slaves or servants that were passed around or considered as property. Also as per point #2 put up by jessejames it was acceptable up until the early 20th century that a wife or woman would get slapped around or hit if she did not do what a man wanted. Just about all of the points in the original post you can find clear examples of the same in the U.S., it might be a bit back further in our history but still true. Slave-girls are sexual property to their male owners...yes, in the U.S. they are called prostitutes and pimps, while it isn't right the same clearly exists in the U.S.

Jessejames is complaining about sharia law in the process of replacing the constitution but lets be realistic the constitution was created by and for the benefit of white males to be looked at as better than women or males from different races

Rockman
08-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Facts are fun (http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/nothing-fear-debunking-mythical-sharia-threat-our-judicial-system)

It breaks down a lot of the court cases where people claim Sharia Law is invading our constitution and explains why the case was decided the way that it was.

If that isn't good enough for you because you believe the ACLU is corrupt as it is, why don't you post actual cases with rulings you have an issue of and as a forum we can look at them. I'm getting sick of all the generalizations and fear mongering.

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Facts are fun (http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/nothing-fear-debunking-mythical-sharia-threat-our-judicial-system)

It breaks down a lot of the court cases where people claim Sharia Law is invading our constitution and explains why the case was decided the way that it was.

If that isn't good enough for you because you believe the ACLU is corrupt as it is, why don't you post actual cases with rulings you have an issue of and as a forum we can look at them. I'm getting sick of all the generalizations and fear mongering.

May I? Aw Hell why not?

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 02:39 PM
habs, i know you do, and any good person does, that is what is great about the teachings of Jesus, not to hard to follow if your a good person already.

but i will argue about islam, you and I can ask them and get a different answer but have a fellow muslim ask them and it will be there. remember it is a religious practice in Islam that it is ok to lie to anyone who is not of their faith.

ask anyone who has lived in a muslim ran country that is not muslim, we have one member here who did, and he agreed with all I said.

the facts are bashing faith and telling the truth are not the same. i could care less if someone is muslim or not, but I would die before I followed their beliefs on people who are gay, females, and non muslims. comparing christians to muslims is not different than comparing Obama to hitler, it is just wrong.

duwal
08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
May I? Aw Hell why not?

is that the first official CHURCH!! tally of August?? :)

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 02:45 PM
can't be, he had a hell by the church, they should cancel eachother out!!!!

habsheaven
08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
habs, i know you do, and any good person does, that is what is great about the teachings of Jesus, not to hard to follow if your a good person already.

but i will argue about islam, you and I can ask them and get a different answer but have a fellow muslim ask them and it will be there. remember it is a religious practice in Islam that it is ok to lie to anyone who is not of their faith.

ask anyone who has lived in a muslim ran country that is not muslim, we have one member here who did, and he agreed with all I said.

the facts are bashing faith and telling the truth are not the same. i could care less if someone is muslim or not, but I would die before I followed their beliefs on people who are gay, females, and non muslims. comparing christians to muslims is not different than comparing Obama to hitler, it is just wrong.

How would I ask them? Should they not be dead? If not dead, that means they converted and are therefore prone to lie to me about it.

Wickabee
08-01-2012, 02:48 PM

No, comparing them is just fine. They're both religions (as Obama and Hitler were both world leaders)
Both religions seek to convert everyone they come across.
Both religions claim to be peaceful.
Both religions have started countless wars.

Comparing them is just fine. What I did here is more what you're talking about. I cherry picked aspects of the religions to make them similar instead of also pointing out obvious differences.

AUTaxMan
08-01-2012, 02:49 PM
someone should read up on their history books if they don't think that there were female slaves or servants that were passed around or considered as property. Also as per point #2 put up by jessejames it was acceptable up until the early 20th century that a wife or woman would get slapped around or hit if she did not do what a man wanted. Just about all of the points in the original post you can find clear examples of the same in the U.S., it might be a bit back further in our history but still true. Slave-girls are sexual property to their male owners...yes, in the U.S. they are called prostitutes and pimps, while it isn't right the same clearly exists in the U.S.

Jessejames is complaining about sharia law in the process of replacing the constitution but lets be realistic the constitution was created by and for the benefit of white males to be looked at as better than women or males from different races

Of course there were female slaves, but females were never slaves merely because they were female. They were slaves because they were African/black.

duwal
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
can't be, he had a hell by the church, they should cancel eachother out!!!!

okay then that is the first satanic church of August

MadMan1978
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
May I? Aw Hell why not?

late to the party but may I?