PDA

View Full Version : Chik fil a does not belong in politics

mrveggieman
08-01-2012, 11:55 AM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/26/chick-fil-a-doesnt-belong-in-politics/

ensbergcollector
08-01-2012, 12:08 PM
idiotic article for many reasons;

1. cathy was asked a direct question. he was not trying to insert himself into politics

2. cathy said he supports traditional marriage. chick-fil-a's statement that it does not treat customers any differently is in no way a contradictory statment. cathy's statement had nothing to do with the restaurants customers

3. the writer of the article sees no problem with any company out there entering the political arena as long as they do so on one side of the fence. since chick-fil-a chose the other side, they "do not belong in politics"

cbuskstwar
08-01-2012, 12:28 PM
On that note, going to Chik Fil A for lunch

pghin08
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
idiotic article for many reasons;

1. cathy was asked a direct question. he was not trying to insert himself into politics

2. cathy said he supports traditional marriage. chick-fil-a's statement that it does not treat customers any differently is in no way a contradictory statment. cathy's statement had nothing to do with the restaurants customers

3. the writer of the article sees no problem with any company out there entering the political arena as long as they do so on one side of the fence. since chick-fil-a chose the other side, they "do not belong in politics"

Couldn't agree more with this.

MadMan1978
08-02-2012, 08:25 AM
BUt you see no problem with a company violating the law?

shrewsbury
08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Chick-fil-A now claims via Facebook that the restaurant treats every patron with “honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender”. This contradictory statement from the restaurant chain is obviously not going to carry much weight with those it has offended and those who totally disapprove of a business giving their opinion on same-sex marriage at all.

so people are against free speech?

what law was violated by Cathy, because chik fil a, didn;t do anything, nor its employees, nor its customers. I hope they sue idiots like this.

would this had happen if he would have said he was a pro lifer?

MadMan1978
08-02-2012, 09:29 AM
So discrimination is now legal?

shrewsbury
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
where is the discrimination at?

and again you will find such suits filed against nearly ever large company

mrveggieman
08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
would this had happen if he would have said he was a pro lifer?

I have no problem with him being pro life. I do have a problem with him being anti-gay.

ensbergcollector
08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
I have no problem with him being pro life. I do have a problem with him being anti-gay.

can we please get over the whole "if you are against gay marriage then you are anti-gay" argument? I am against non-married people engaging in sexual activities, does that make me anti-straight as well? I am against teenagers having sex, does that make me anti-teenager?

mrveggieman
08-02-2012, 11:24 AM
can we please get over the whole "if you are against gay marriage then you are anti-gay" argument? I am against non-married people engaging in sexual activities, does that make me anti-straight as well? I am against teenagers having sex, does that make me anti-teenager?

You are against gay marriage are you not? Last time I checked gay people do not like to participate in hetrosexual sexual activities. So if you are against people having sex out of marriage why would you be against a gay person getting married?

Good Ole Jim
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Chik-fil-a did nothing wrong. They simply said that they are a company built off traditional Christian values, and didn't support gay marriage. That's it. They're not saying "stay away from our restaurants", if that was what they said, then you may have SOME sort of claim for discrimination. Plus, Civil Rights discrimination laws currently don't cover discrimination against sexual preference.

I'm not anti-gay, but I don't believe they should be together in marriage. That doesn't make me a religious fanatic. If they want to have a relationship, that is fine, but I do believe in marriage between a man and a woman.

Not pointing fingers here, but if anyone has a problem with what Chik-fil-a said, simply don't go to their restaurants then.

Wickabee
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM

This has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with rights. Are you willing to lobby or support lobbyists to make teenage sex illegal? What about keeping gay marriage illegal?

That's the difference between the two.
This has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with rights.

theonedru
08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not anti-gay, but I don't believe they should be together in marriage. That doesn't make me a religious fanatic. If they want to have a relationship, that is fine, but I do believe in marriage between a man and a woman.

Statements like this make little sense when you read them

" I'm not anti-gay BUT........... "

What does that mean exactly.

Good Ole Jim
08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Statements like this make little sense when you read them

" I'm not anti-gay BUT........... "

What does that mean exactly.

I'll try to be clearer. Define what exactly "anti-gay" means. Does it mean that it's a person that doesn't believe in any right as far as relationships for gay people? To me that's what "anti-gay" is. I don't care if they're in relationships, but I don't believe in the marriage portion of it. Judging by the vibe I got when I read the posts by gay rights supporters on here, I thought I'd be labeled anti-gay with that post, so I used the wording I did.

For the sake of debate for further posts, I respect all opinions, whether you agree with me or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just ask for the same respect in return.

ensbergcollector
08-02-2012, 08:31 PM
This has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with rights. Are you willing to lobby or support lobbyists to make teenage sex illegal? What about keeping gay marriage illegal?

That's the difference between the two.
This has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with rights.

but there isn't a difference. if I state "I am against homosexual marriage" then I get labeled as anti-gay." Therefore, using that logic, if I say I am against teenagers having premarital sex then I must be anti-teenagers.

duwal
08-02-2012, 09:29 PM

no it just makes you anti-sex :)

theonedru
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Doesn't anyone else find it scary that while this country is on a downward spiral towards total economic ruin and eventual collapse we all argue over petty things like should be allowed to do what based on sexual preference. If everyone put the same drive towards fixing America as they do arguments like this we would not be so bad off.

Wickabee
08-02-2012, 09:48 PM
but there isn't a difference. if I state "I am against homosexual marriage" then I get labeled as anti-gay." Therefore, using that logic, if I say I am against teenagers having premarital sex then I must be anti-teenagers.

I don't think anti-gay marriage is the same as anti-gay. It's not right that you get labeled as such. Anti-gay rights, perhaps but anti-gay has far more sinister connotations.
That said I stand by my statement.

Wickabee
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM
no it just makes you anti-sex :)

Hahaha

mrveggieman
08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Doesn't anyone else find it scary that while this country is on a downward spiral towards total economic ruin and eventual collapse we all argue over petty things like should be allowed to do what based on sexual preference. If everyone put the same drive towards fixing America as they do arguments like this we would not be so bad off.

+1,000

MadMan1978
08-03-2012, 09:21 AM

If you are support a person who is homosexual, why not let that person the right to a same sex marriage. Sorry I do see how they can be split.

Wickabee
08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
If you are support a person who is homosexual, why not let that person the right to a same sex marriage. Sorry I do see how they can be split.

It's the "DON'T CALL IT MARRIAGE" side of things. They have no problem with homosexuals existing, or even having the same rights as married couples. They, however, do not want the "sanctity marriage" besmirched by homosexuality. They want to save that "sanctity" for good Christians who understand that marriage is between a man and woman and for life. People like Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich...

MadMan1978
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375688_504862116207107_830231400_n.jpg

boba
08-04-2012, 12:16 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375688_504862116207107_830231400_n.jpg

I went tonight just to see if anyone was protesting. The only thing I found was another huge line.