PDA

View Full Version : Obama appointees interfered with 2008 Black Panther voter intimidation case

mikesilvia
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Could you imagine what the mainstream media would be doing if Bush appointees helped out some KKK members? A judge recently ruled that Obama appointees influenced the DOJ's decision to drop the voter intimidation case against the Black Panthers.

As written in the ruling (https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2010cv0851-32) by United States District Court Judge Reggie Walton:

The documents reveal that political appointees within DOJ were conferring about the status and resolution of the New Black Panther Party case in the days preceding the DOJís dismissal of claims in that case, which would appear to contradict Assistant Attorney General Perezís testimony that political leadership was not involved in that decision.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-appointee-interfered-with-2008-black-panther-voter-intimidation-case

Wickabee
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Well, the two groups are a little different. I understand why the Black Panthers exist. I understand why many, many black people are angry at whites and ultimately racist. I do not understand why so many white people hate blacks.

With that said, I don't defend any government interfering with anything like this.

ensbergcollector
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, the two groups are a little different. I understand why the Black Panthers exist. I understand why many, many black people are angry at whites and ultimately racist. I do not understand why so many white people hate blacks.

With that said, I don't defend any government interfering with anything like this.

question. i know it will sound combative and please know that is not my intent. honest curiosity. in your opinion, how long do blacks have a right to be angry at whites and how long is it understandable for their to be groups like the black panthers?

shrewsbury
08-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I still don't get it, what the heck have all the whites done? i was born in 1969, i had no part in anything to do with slavery or civil rights. in fact if i would have been alive i would have been against all that nonsense just like many, many whites before me have, had, and do.

i also do not understand how being racists against a group you accuse of being racists makes any sense. just like using your right of free speech to speak out against others who say stuff you don't like.

in my 43 years I have never known of any secret society i could join because i was a white male. i have had it pretty bad. dirt poor kid, divorced parents, abuse, but i toughed it out and have made it pretty decent. raised 3 kids, been married 20 years, and have a good job. i have had no special treatment as a white that I know of, and if was offered it do to my race, I would have to know why my race mattered.

racism at any level is racism as is wrong

Wickabee
08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
question. i know it will sound combative and please know that is not my intent. honest curiosity. in your opinion, how long do blacks have a right to be angry at whites and how long is it understandable for their to be groups like the black panthers?
Well there's a big difference between rights and understandings. I will probably understand it as long as I live. I don't think you have a right to be angry unless you lived it.

MadMan1978
08-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I still don't get it, what the heck have all the whites done? i was born in 1969, i had no part in anything to do with slavery or civil rights. in fact if i would have been alive i would have been against all that nonsense just like many, many whites before me have, had, and do.

i also do not understand how being racists against a group you accuse of being racists makes any sense. just like using your right of free speech to speak out against others who say stuff you don't like.

in my 43 years I have never known of any secret society i could join because i was a white male. i have had it pretty bad. dirt poor kid, divorced parents, abuse, but i toughed it out and have made it pretty decent. raised 3 kids, been married 20 years, and have a good job. i have had no special treatment as a white that I know of, and if was offered it do to my race, I would have to know why my race mattered.

racism at any level is racism as is wrong

Ever hear of the Knights Of Columbus?

mrveggieman
08-02-2012, 08:35 AM

As long as there are racist police, hate groups, rush limbaugh and fox news there will be a need for groups like the black panthers.

shrewsbury
08-02-2012, 08:39 AM
though i am unsure what it has to do with my post

it's a catholic organization, but they never have came to me because I am a white male, or any other reason, nor have they ever helped me.

and perhaps they hide they racism well, because they do a lot of charity, for all races

maybe it is because i am not racist that i have never been approached by any racist group. but i have been discriminated against because of my race, but not on the level many others have

shrewsbury
08-02-2012, 08:43 AM
veggie, really

what have the black panthers done besides give blacks a bad name?

it seems the high profile pro blacks are far from pro black, most are thugs or con men or rcaists themselves farakan, jackson, black panthers. you can't stop racism with racism

MLK jr was a true leader and a great man. i only wish he would have lived, I believe he would have really stood up to racism in a way that would have helped, and would have been a great president

mrveggieman
08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
veggie, really

what have the black panthers done besides give blacks a bad name?

it seems the high profile pro blacks are far from pro black, most are thugs or con men or rcaists themselves farakan, jackson, black panthers. you can't stop racism with racism

MLK jr was a true leader and a great man. i only wish he would have lived, I believe he would have really stood up to racism in a way that would have helped, and would have been a great president

Yeah I do admit that Farrakhan is over the top a lot of the times but he is only responding to a racist system. Again not saying that his antics are right but that is why he does what he does. I do agree that racism from both sides is a problem but it wont stop until both sides agree to stop.

mikesilvia
08-02-2012, 10:07 AM
There is no difference between the Black Panthers and today's KKK? Really?

Watch the video on this page: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-black-panther-chief-malik-shabazz-on-king-samirs-kill-white-babies-comment/

There is another interview that O'Reilly did a decade ago where the leader stated that they should kill all whites to include white babies so they don't grow up to oppress them. They recently put a hit contract on Zimmerman's head because he was white.

Sorry guys, but the Black Panthers are a racist organization. Whites don't hold the monopoly on racism. Whites DID die by the millions freeing them. I lived in South Korea for a year and many Koreans for racist towards Filipinos. I spend 5 years in Germany and many were very racist towards the Turks. While living in Turkey there were many that were racist towards the Kurds. Racism is everywhere and knows no bounds.

ensbergcollector
08-02-2012, 10:07 AM
As long as there are racist police, hate groups, rush limbaugh and fox news there will be a need for groups like the black panthers.

yep, always a need for racist groups who puts bounties out on people's lives.

mrveggieman
08-02-2012, 10:21 AM
There is no difference between the Black Panthers and today's KKK? Really?

Watch the video on this page: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-black-panther-chief-malik-shabazz-on-king-samirs-kill-white-babies-comment/

There is another interview that O'Reilly did a decade ago where the leader stated that they should kill all whites to include white babies so they don't grow up to oppress them. They recently put a hit contract on Zimmerman's head because he was white.

Sorry guys, but the Black Panthers are a racist organization. Whites don't hold the monopoly on racism. Whites DID die by the millions freeing them. I lived in South Korea for a year and many Koreans for racist towards Filipinos. I spend 5 years in Germany and many were very racist towards the Turks. While living in Turkey there were many that were racist towards the Kurds. Racism is everywhere and knows no bounds.

I don't get it. Is zimmerman white or is he not? When I first reported on trayvon martin I mentioned that zimmerman was white and you conservatives threw me under the bus and said that he wasn't. Now some of you want to pull the race card and say that he is. You conservatives can't have it both ways.

Wickabee
08-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Well, now that it looks like he's not guilty of a racist act, conservatives want him so they can have a martyr on the racism front.
Not hard to understand at all.