PDA

View Full Version : Do ya'll remember this

mrveggieman
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Remember when the conservatives jumped up and down and boycotted lipton tea because they had the gall to speak out against bush and his wars. But when the tables were turned on them they want to run and hide behind the 1st amendment. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

http://adage.com/article/news/lipton-iced-tea-dixie-chicks-ads-hold/37767/

Wickabee
08-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Neither side is being fair to the other and, unfortunately, I don't ssee that changing anytime soon. Thank FoxNews and CNN.

shrewsbury
08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
i remember it and though it was dumb, seems like everyone forgets about freedom of speech, whether you like it or not

pwaldo
08-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Are you confusing the Dixie Chicks with Lipton Ice Tea? Because I don't remember Lipton Ice Tea speaking out against Bush and the wars.....

ensbergcollector
08-02-2012, 08:38 PM
i never had issue with lipton tea. i stand by my opinion that companies should not speak out on political issues. companies represent thousands of employees and if a company loses business because they spoke out on politics, it is the average worker who will lose their job.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I love Lipton Tea !

mrveggieman
08-03-2012, 08:56 AM
i never had issue with lipton tea. i stand by my opinion that companies should not speak out on political issues. companies represent thousands of employees and if a company loses business because they spoke out on politics, it is the average worker who will lose their job.

Agreed! :thumb:

ALADOG
08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Remember when the conservatives jumped up and down and boycotted lipton tea because they had the gall to speak out against bush and his wars. But when the tables were turned on them they want to run and hide behind the 1st amendment. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

http://adage.com/article/news/lipton-iced-tea-dixie-chicks-ads-hold/37767/

Big difference is that this was individuals not governement employees, ie mayors, threatning to use their gov't position.

Wickabee
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Big difference is that this was individuals not governement employees, ie mayors, threatning to use their gov't position.

Which completely makes the Republicans doing the same thing totally different and acceptable. A couple idiot mayors COMPLETELY negates everything. Good show.

ALADOG
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Which completely makes the Republicans doing the same thing totally different and acceptable. A couple idiot mayors COMPLETELY negates everything. Good show.

If you do not coomprehend the difference between individuals making a market decision and mayors abusing their authority, no need to discuss any further. You have the common liberal desease. No comprehensive reading and understanding of the language. Distort everything.

Wickabee
08-03-2012, 03:15 PM
If you do not coomprehend the difference between individuals making a market decision and mayors abusing their authority, no need to discuss any further. You have the common liberal desease. No comprehensive reading and understanding of the language. Distort everything.

Hahaha.
Listen to yourself. Conservatives are SCREAMING " Freedom of Speech" on this one but were shocked and appalled when Oreo exercised their free speech. And I have yet to hear of a CFA actually being banned from anywhere. Those mayors can't. So I guess that was freedom of speech too.

Don't let the fact that logic is against you change your mind though. Talk about distorting things.

ALADOG
08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Hahaha.
Listen to yourself. Conservatives are SCREAMING " Freedom of Speech" on this one but were shocked and appalled when Oreo exercised their free speech. And I have yet to hear of a CFA actually being banned from anywhere. Those mayors can't. So I guess that was freedom of speech too.

Don't let the fact that logic is against you change your mind though. Talk about distorting things.

You AGAIN FAIL TO RECOGNOZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CITIZEN AND A GOV"T EMPLOYEE ABUSING AUTHORITY. You have no desire to look at it logically or truthfully. When you repeat the same lie over and over maybe you can make yourself believe the lie but not me.

Wickabee
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
You AGAIN FAIL TO RECOGNOZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CITIZEN AND A GOV"T EMPLOYEE ABUSING AUTHORITY. You have no desire to look at it logically or truthfully. When you repeat the same lie over and over maybe you can make yourself believe the lie but not me.

How did anyone abuse authority. Has CFA ACTUALLY BEEN DENIED ENTRY to any of these cities?
If so, which would be illegal, then you're right. If not, and as far as I know they actually haven't, then you're wrong.

So, what cities have actually, in practice, denied CFA to set up shop? Saying stupid things isn't abuse of power. If it was, George W would be in prison for life and Harry Reid would have gotten the chair.